Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (72619 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Toyota Highlander 2008 with totaled engine was rebuilt by replacing the engine bloc with all the components inside.
The top cylinder valve were replaced and the engine was coupled and we have a standard Toks engine.

We at B-Auto serves the best

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
ML 350 2012 Engine overhauling.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by K5blazer: 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2023
Please can you solder a Mercedes ml350 Sam rear. Mine has a little rust on one of the chips that altered the rear lights.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Noworries11: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hello...
Please what could cause a car driven perfectly well and parked only to refuse to start (hard starting) after 2 days.
It's a new battery
The engine revolves but would not start
I had to add about 2 litres of fuel incase the fuel gauge malfunctions (gives wrong reading) yet same problem.

What could possibly be the cause? What should I check out for?
It's 2004 Honda
Thank you
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by mojounited(m): 3:05am On Sep 15, 2023
Hello Blackbishop, whereabouts in Lagos is the location or your workshop?

I have a 2007/2008 Lexus GS350 AWD with vibration issue when car accelerates upon switching from gear 1 to gear 2.

Also, there is check engine lights and noisy legs issues to sort.

I'm at Ikeja/Ojota/Ogudu axis in Lagos.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:04am On Sep 16, 2023
mojounited:
Hello Blackbishop, whereabouts in Lagos is the location or your workshop?

I have a 2007/2008 Lexus GS350 AWD with vibration issue when car accelerates upon switching from gear 1 to gear 2.

Also, there is check engine lights and noisy legs issues to sort.

I'm at Ikeja/Ojota/Ogudu axis in Lagos.

Good morning
First I will need to run diagnosis before we settle for what and what is wrong.

Call me or chat me up on 08055347947
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:05am On Sep 16, 2023
Noworries11:
Hello...
Please what could cause a car driven perfectly well and parked only to refuse to start (hard starting) after 2 days.
It's a new battery
The engine revolves but would not start
I had to add about 2 litres of fuel incase the fuel gauge malfunctions (gives wrong reading) yet same problem.

What could possibly be the cause? What should I check out for?
It's 2004 Honda
Thank you

Good day boss

It could be bad fuel pressure actuator or a whole lots of other reasons. But running a scan will save you cost. But from experience it might be your timing chain issue
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Noworries11: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2023
Blackbishop:

Good day boss

It could be bad fuel pressure actuator or a whole lots of other reasons. But running a scan will save you cost. But from experience it might be you timing chain issue
Thanks boss for the insight
It did not actually occur to my mind to consider the timing chain embarassed (heartbeat faster)
Intend to check the fuel line... from fuel pump/filter down to nozzles as well the starter and plugs
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2023
Noworries11:

Thanks boss for the insight
It did not actually occur to my mind to consider the timing chain embarassed (heartbeat faster)
Intend to check the fuel line... from fuel pump/filter down to nozzles as well the starter and plugs

You are in the right direction also boss

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
Follow Mechanic Roundtable on WhatsApp Channel. Where you get latest news about cars and where issues are discussed with solutions and many more

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va59VyM2ER6lPEm8oN0z
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
Benz ML 350 - Error Message on the instrument cluster “Parking Brake See Operator’s Manual”. Followed by “Service Required Do Not Shift Gears Visit Dealer”

I got a Benz ML 350 with the error messages at the same time won’t crank with those error messages flashing.

Here are steps taken

First I did complete diagnostic check and it came back not communicating with the CAN BUS

Second step was to physically inspect the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) which should give a sound when the button is tapped.

Third step was to inspect the SAMs and the CAN BUS for any issue which was later discovered to be caused rust.

Fourth step was replacing the Back SAM and the middle SAM and all the 3 CAN BUS

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mazda MPV parked since 2018 was revived and put to test by driving to and fro between Ogun state and Lagos State.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:12am On Dec 06, 2023
Parts comes with warranty. And peace of mind.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Jpeter1990: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2023
Greeting Boss.
please is it possible for a car to have a knocking sound without the oil light blinking. i asked cos thats the issue am facing now. when i start the car in the morning it will sound well but when warm, a slight knocking sound will be heard in the background. and i have driven the car from where i observed the sound to my house with no issue and till now the oil light is still not blinking. put in mind the oil light is working cos i have checked it. but am yet to see my mech. any suggestions please. other codes after scanning are P0325 and P1349
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Jpeter1990:
Greeting Boss.
please is it possible for a car to have a knocking sound without the oil light blinking. i asked cos thats the issue am facing now. when i start the car in the morning it will sound well but when warm, a slight knocking sound will be heard in the background. and i have driven the car from where i observed the sound to my house with no issue and till now the oil light is still not blinking. put in mind the oil light is working cos i have checked it. but am yet to see my mech. any suggestions please. other codes after scanning are P0325 and P1349

Greetings boss

Actually there are couple of noise from the engine it might be a pinging or tappet noise but from your code already you have knock sensor error code and valve timing code. Which I will advise to pay attention to.

Until a physical inspection is carried out I won’t be able to answer correctly. A car can knock without a single noise from the engine and a pinging noise can go on for a year and engine won’t even smoke not to talk of hooking
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:11am On Jan 21
Lexus LX 570 comes with random multiple misfire and a blinking check engine light on the instrument cluster, scan show a “ P2443 Lexus Code - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 2”

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:34am On Jan 21
Lexus RX 330 with Knock sensor bank 1 & 2 error code and Oxygen Sensor Bank 1&2 Sensor 2 for both banks after replacing with an oem. The trouble codes was still coming back. After carefully examine the wiring the ECM was the culprit and was replaced

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:57am On Feb 24
Honda Civic comes with a P1361 TDC sensor issue

Still trying to figure out how best to tackle the issue even after replacing the TDC sensor and Crankshaft position sensor. The issue of going off intermittently still lingers but I will keep updating on the progress
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06
Toyota Camry
2007 - 2009

Comes with 2AZ-FE Engine

Pros

Luxury and spacious.
Great movement and balancing

Cons

Engine Problems

Excessive oil consumption
The ones with VVTi line in rubber leaks
Engine knocks
Unintended acceleration

Transmission Problems

Jerks when shifting gear
Gear Slippage
Total failure in some cases

Cooling System Failure

Water Pump Failure
Radiator hose gives under high pressure

Suspension System

Strut Failure
Suspension Squeaking
Hubs go bad so fast
Wheel balancing requires frequently

Multiple electrical issues

Master window button shorts
Fuse Box on fire
Alternator goes bad

These are mostly recalled or fixed before it evers leave the shores of whatever country it is coming from, and some are left by the owner to be fixed by any buyer.

What other issue are you having?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Mercedes G-wagon Vs Innoson G80, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.