Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (72598 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:04am On Oct 26, 2022
samutd4u:

Thanks for your reply sir, please how can I fix it and there’s black smoke coming out from the exhaust

Bro until l run a proper scan my answer might not be definite
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:12am On Oct 26, 2022
Drazman:
My camry 05 is giving me issues.
1. Battery runs down very fast after turning off the engine for say 5 to 10 minutes. The person I bought the car from said the battery was recently bought. I had the kick starter serviced, also the alternator charges the battery while the engine is on but the issue persists.

2. The brake is a mess. I will need to press the pedal very very down before braking. My mecho has done bleeding and reset but the issue persists. Also the hand brake does not work.
Please what could be the causes and remedies?

Your number 1 issue, it will be helpful to run a drain test.

2. Likely issue might be the ABS. Until a proper diagnosis is done.

Cuz in some cars if the caliper on the left side is switch to the right side, bro it will never work well or if the brake master as they call it is faulty.... Just running a proper diagnosis will save you cost
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by samutd4u(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Blackbishop:

Bro until l run a proper scan my answer might not be definite

Ok thanks how can you run the scan or do you need to see the car
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
samutd4u:

Ok thanks how can you run the scan or do you need to see the car

I need to see the car
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
samutd4u:

Thanks for your reply sir, please how can I fix it and there’s black smoke coming out from the exhaust

Like I said if its sludge then just continue to use your engine with peace till it pack up. But if it was soot run a scan and prolly will have an oxygen sensor issue
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by samutd4u(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2022
Blackbishop:

I need to see the car

Where is your workshop located
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:17am On Oct 30, 2022
samutd4u:

Where is your workshop located

20 Eliasau Mafoluku Oshodi
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
Honda Pilot Stuttering

It’s been a while now, work and life has been the excuse.

Honda Pilot was brought in after “KAZEEMS” has dealt with the owner, in fact it was towed in because the engine has been dismantled. I asked for work history on the car and I was made to understand that it takes alot of effort on the gas pedal to climb the slightest hill.

After changing Coils, Plugs, Noozle, and also checking the catalyst for blockage which is possible if it was handled properly by the KAZEEMS right from the onset by running a proper diagnosis.

I started putting the car back together and running the car to understand the symptoms and running a comprehensive diagnosis was straight forward with P0300 and some other codes related to the rock arm switch.

I started by checking the Coils and plugs to be sure and servicing the noozle also I decided to check the fuel pressure and replacing the fuel filter and cup filter in the tank.

But from experience I knew the code P0300 is a random/ multiple cylinder misfire and rocker arm issue is likely the culprit here throwing the code up. I replace the rocker arm switch and the car was back to normal.

Note: Paying extra for a comprehensive diagnosis will save you cost and time wasting and guess works.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by RuneKingThor: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2022
mejai:
Blackbishop, pls, how do I go about these?
Also, the car (Honda Accord DC, 4cyl) enters limp mode at 3000 rpm. It jerks.
How were you able to sort this out? I'm having similar issues.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
RuneKingThor:

How were you able to sort this out? I'm having similar issues.

Did you run a scan? If you did what are the fault codes? Let me start from there
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by RuneKingThor: 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
Blackbishop:

Did you run a scan? If you did what are the fault codes? Let me start from there
I would be going for a scan tomorrow. I'd post as soon as I have it.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
RuneKingThor:

I would be going for a scan tomorrow. I'd post as soon as I have it.

Still waiting
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by RuneKingThor: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2022
Blackbishop:

Still waiting
I haven't been able to go out to scan. My papers are not out yet. Till Monday before I can get it.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by leadknight123(m): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
Boss, i have this 2014 camry 2ar engine that hesitates and gets loud when accelerating from stop. Engine revs well at idle, scanned for codes just have p0420. exhaust fume seem okay. what else do you advice we check. Transmission has been serviced with recommended oil. Thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by kolly9ja(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Dear Nairaland Expert,

Please I need your help concerning Lexus RX330 ( 2005) Gear issues. I got a Tokunbo Gear from a Nairaland dealer user name (Iykecollins1).

He gave me his mechanic to fix the gear and recommend Toyota transmission fluid

( Bought at N25,000 each). Bought 2 Gear oil from him also.

His mechanic sent his boys to install the gear. But the gear will only move when cold and only shift at R.

So I called him .He ( Gear seller) referred me to an electrician which insist my Brainbox is not good. He changed the brainbox, but still same issues. Paid heavily ( N160,000) for this also
So far money spent on this gear

I also called a service of a nairaland expert for scan ( Scan code : P0771).

The dealer and the electrician requested I sent the car to ladipo ( My greatest mistake).

Car was sent to Ladipo and Gear switch sensor was discovered broken, and was changed, Car will move but jerk, sometimes gear will slip, rescan and comes with Code P0776 and P0746.

Dealer advice to remove Gear filter. Meaning gear should be install without filter.

Please I will need advice how to fix the issue. Park presently park at sango ota.

Note : Until now only the mechanic and electrician that work on the Gear came from him. Gear bought as Tokunbo, seems this guy Warranty is mere words.
He gave guarantee of 1 week, but Gear issues started second day to the warranty which I notified him.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Car Hesitating To Accelerate

Toyota Camry with an issue of hesitating before moving, not until the gas pedal was floored before it jumps and start moving normal but anytime you slows down to move is always the whole process again.

Here are the the components I check and serviced and the Plugs were replaced to be ahead of the situation;

The Fuel Pump Assembly
The Noozle
The Coil on Plug
The Plugs
The Air Filter

From my observations I discovered at idle the car doesn’t rev more that 3000 RPM. Which canbe a symptoms of a couple of things, but since we are dealing with hesitation my focus was more other fuel assembly which was too diety and the tank too was dirty. I decided to replace the fuel filters and the plugs and went ahead to service the noozle.

After putting all the components back the car was back to normal, the driving was smooth
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
leadknight123:
Boss, i have this 2014 camry 2ar engine that hesitates and gets loud when accelerating from stop. Engine revs well at idle, scanned for codes just have p0420. exhaust fume seem okay. what else do you advice we check. Transmission has been serviced with recommended oil. Thanks

Bro can you make a video and send to me on WhatsApp or video call to be sure of what to advice. Thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
kolly9ja:
Dear Nairaland Expert,

Please I need your help concerning Lexus RX330 ( 2005) Gear issues. I got a Tokunbo Gear from a Nairaland dealer user name (Iykecollins1).

He gave me his mechanic to fix the gear and recommend Toyota transmission fluid

( Bought at N25,000 each). Bought 2 Gear oil from him also.

His mechanic sent his boys to install the gear. But the gear will only move when cold and only shift at R.

So I called him .He ( Gear seller) referred me to an electrician which insist my Brainbox is not good. He changed the brainbox, but still same issues. Paid heavily ( N160,000) for this also
So far money spent on this gear

I also called a service of a nairaland expert for scan ( Scan code : P0771).

The dealer and the electrician requested I sent the car to ladipo ( My greatest mistake).

Car was sent to Ladipo and Gear switch sensor was discovered broken, and was changed, Car will move but jerk, sometimes gear will slip, rescan and comes with Code P0776 and P0746.

Dealer advice to remove Gear filter. Meaning gear should be install without filter.

Please I will need advice how to fix the issue. Park presently park at sango ota.

Note : Until now only the mechanic and electrician that work on the Gear came from him. Gear bought as Tokunbo, seems this guy Warranty is mere words.
He gave guarantee of 1 week, but Gear issues started second day to the warranty which I notified him.

I thought the issue has been rectify, cuz all the codes up there are pointing to the Valve body of the gear.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by de3lar(m): 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
Hi Blackbishop, my Corolla 09 has VSC and Traction lights blinking always, Check Engine light is on, ABS is on since the last time I changed one of the driving shafts and the TPMS sensor is on too.

I've scanned the code some time ago and I can't remember the error I got.

What could be the possible issue?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
de3lar:
Hi Blackbishop, my Corolla 09 has VSC and Traction lights blinking always, Check Engine light is on, ABS is on since the last time I changed one of the driving shafts and the TPMS sensor is on too.

I've scanned the code some time ago and I can't remember the error I got.

What could be the possible issue?

Just scan the ABS and you should have a one or more of the wheel speed sensor faulty and the ABS module like to be affected. Just check
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2022
Hello,

I have this following code on my car. I have replaced the vvt solenoid and also flush my car of dirty. Yet this code are still on

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
RPM Revving Higer at Idle After Driving For A While, D-Light Blinking

When a car start to rev at 3000 at idle when driven for either short or long distance then it becomes an issue, especially when your kazeems have adjusted and readjust your throttle body multiple time and they don’t seems to get to the issue. Also the D light was always blinking making the gear shifting to be hard and jerks.

You get more on the page with videos and pictures

https://bautomobileng dot wordpress dot com/blog/

Add dot
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
Burchester:
Hello,

I have this following code on my car. I have replaced the vvt solenoid and also flush my car of dirty. Yet this code are still on

Check the timing settings.... it tricky but do check
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blackbishop:

Check the timing settings.... it tricky but do check

Okay will do that. Do you recommend I check the camshaft. As my camshaft allen key were replaced with screws. ??
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
Burchester:

Okay will do that. Do you recommend I check the camshaft. As my camshaft allen key were replaced with screws. ??

Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blackbishop:

Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

The Allen key on camshaft actuator was changed with screws.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Burchester:

The Allen key on camshaft actuator was changed with screws.

What happened to the original one on it?

And boss that is a Camshaft Gear...

An actuator is a device that produces a motion by converting energy and signals going into the system. The motion it produces can be either rotary or linear. An example the camshaft actuator you will likely know as OCV or camshaft sensor.

And funny thing is that if your mechanic by chance permenant your camshaft bro the CEL will continue to show
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blackbishop:

What happened to the original one on it?

Nothing. The mechanic just removed it. Claiming it will hold the camshaft stronger.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Burchester:

Nothing. The mechanic just removed it. Claiming it will hold the camshaft stronger.

Lol lol lol they have permanent your camshaft... And the novice you just watch as they spoil your car in front of you sir.... So sorry baba

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blackbishop:

Lol lol lol they have permanent your camshaft... And the novice you just watch as they spoil your car in front of you sir.... So sorry baba

Wow. I have learned my lesson. Now I have to get another camshaft.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by froshbuddy: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Blackbishop is your go-to guy for all car-related issues. He didn’t just stop at attending to my complaints, he got me two cold stout. Car is functioning optimally.
Blackbishop:

Toyota Camry with an issue of hesitating before moving, not until the gas pedal was floored before it jumps and start moving normal but anytime you slows down to move is always the whole process again.

Here are the the components I check and serviced and the Plugs were replaced to be ahead of the situation;

The Fuel Pump Assembly
The Noozle
The Coil on Plug
The Plugs
The Air Filter

From my observations I discovered at idle the car doesn’t rev more that 3000 RPM. Which canbe a symptoms of a couple of things, but since we are dealing with hesitation my focus was more other fuel assembly which was too diety and the tank too was dirty. I decided to replace the fuel filters and the plugs and went ahead to service the noozle.

After putting all the components back the car was back to normal, the driving was smooth

The Fuel Pump Assembly
The Noozle
The Coil on Plug
The Plugs
The Air Filter

After putting all the components back the car was back to normal, the driving was smooth[/quote]
Blackbishop:

The Fuel Pump Assembly
The Noozle
The Coil on Plug
The Plugs
The Air Filter

Blackbishop po
Burchester:

st
Burchester:

=118907986:

The Fuel Pump Assembly
The Noozle
The Coil on Plug
The Plugs
The Air Filter

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Burchester: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Blackbishop:

Please a quick one, does that means I would get another camshaft?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Mercedes G-wagon Vs Innoson G80, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.