Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (72634 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Burchester:

Please a quick one, does that means I would get another camshaft?

Yes boss
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas to all our readers and clients, Wishing you joy at Christmas and prosperity in the coming year. Working with you this past year has been an amazing hope to serve you better next year.

B-Automobile Engineering
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
Brake Goes Flat After Driving For A While

Brake system is an essential part of a car and crucial to the safety of the occupant. When you start having brake issues then you need to to involve a certified technician.

Had a car with brake system issue, at first start anytime of the day the car drives normal and the brakes acts normal, but after driving a few blocks the brake system start gripping and brings the car to a halt if you don’t press the gas pedal. But once you put pressure on the gas pedal and force it to move few blocks again the brake pedal floors out/ goes down totally and you have to bring it to a stop by using the parking brake.

Brake System Components

ABS Module
Wheel Speed Sensors
Brake Booster
Disc Brakes
Drum Brakes
Emergency Brake
Master Cylinder
Brake Pedals

Symptoms of A Failing Brake System

Brake Light On on the instrument cluster
Squealing or Squeaking Noises when applying the brake
Grinding Noises.
Wobbling or Vibration When Braking.
Leaking Fluid.
Spongy or Soft Brakes.
Car Pulling to One Side When Braking.
Burning Smells

Possible Solution

In our own situation we had a soft brake pedal and brake light also the ABS indicator was on. But in conclusion the ABS module was replaced also the master Cylinder was replaced

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2023
Ford Edge – P2112 – Throttle Actuator Stuck

What is A Throttle Actuator?

Throttle body comes in either cable or cableless. In newer cars now they come in cableless which is now been designed with an actuator which serves the function of opening and closing of the butterfly. Your throttle actuator control motors play a key role in your vehicle’s throttle body function. These motors are controlled by your Powertrain Control Module (PCM)/brainbox. If your PCM detects any issues in your throttle actuator control system, it may trigger various trouble codes.

Code Issue/Description

The customer was having driveability issues, the car goes into limp/safe mode at interval of short driving distance. Once she power down the car and restart the car it drives fine for a short distance before it goes into a limp mode again and the whole process will have to be repeated. Due to the fact that the car was protecting itself from further damages it could cause as a result.

Possible Symptoms

The vehicle goes into limp mode at interval
Fail to start
Engine performance not functioning optimally
Check engine Light/Malfunction indicator light comes on

Possible Causes

Throttle body assembly failure
Wiring issues
Powertrain control module PCM/ Brainbox failure

Possible Solution

Test driving and running a comprehensive diagnosis will indicate where the issue lies.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
Car Health Issues

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by KingAzubuike(f): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2023
The engine oil I've been using is Total quartz 5000sl 20w-50. It got exhausted and I asked someone to get me the exact thing but he bought something else. What he bought was Total classic SAE 40. Now is it safe to use or I should just discard it
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2023
KingAzubuike:
The engine oil I've been using is Total quartz 5000sl 20w-50. It got exhausted and I asked someone to get me the exact thing but he bought something else. What he bought was Total classic SAE 40. Now is it safe to use or I should just discard it

Sorry for replying late...

Pls stick to your old oil to avoid story that touch
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by SergeantTitus(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
Blackbishop:

Sorry for replying late...

Pls stick to your old oil to avoid story that touch
a oil is a oil
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2023
SergeantTitus:

a oil is a oil

You are correct sir
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Fujiyama: 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
My vehicle is a 2008 Toyota RAV4 (1AZ FE), 2.0 litre, in-line four, 4wd.

Mileage is about 145,000 kilometres. The transmission suffers from a 10 to 15 second delay once 'D' is engaged. There is no delay when 'R' is engaged. There are no codes. I have done two transmission drain and refills over a 15 year period. I also changed the transmission filter on the second drain and re-fill.

I got info online that some solenoids in the transmission valve body assembly could be faulty. What is the problem and solution?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
Fujiyama:
My vehicle is a 2008 Toyota RAV4 (1AZ FE), 2.0 litre, in-line four, 4wd.

Mileage is about 145,000 kilometres. The transmission suffers from a 10 to 15 second delay once 'D' is engaged. There is no delay when 'R' is engaged. There are no codes. I have done two transmission drain and refills over a 15 year period. I also changed the transmission filter on the second drain and re-fill.

I got info online that some solenoids in the transmission valve body assembly could be faulty. What is the problem and solution?

As long you have scanned and no codes. Boss get ready to change your tranny.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Fujiyama: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
Blackbishop:

As long you have scanned and no codes. Boss get ready to change your tranny.

^^^

sad

Thanks, Blackbishop.

I don't know why manual transmissions are no longer an option on most cars. Just change clutch plate and disc and you're good. None of all this 10 pin, 13 pin headache.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^

sad

Thanks, Blackbishop.

I don't know why manual transmissions are no longer an option on most cars. Just change clutch plate and disc and you're good. None of all this 10 pin, 13 pin headache.

That is life

4 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by merikowa: 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thanks very much Blackbishop for the wonderful service.

My car is running fine now.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Ford Edge Engine replacement

From engine removal to car wash to driving it down to owner’s place

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2023
B-Automobile is still and always will be B-Automobile Engineering

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2023
https://youtube.com/shorts/tQqoiBWSWcU?feature=share

Replacing the front beam of a Toyota Camry

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Coupling a Land Rover LR engine @b.automobile_engineering

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
For your reliable car fix and updates on car issue and repairs
follow us and like our pages and share.

*Instagram* - https://instagram.com/b.automobile_engineering?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

*Twitter* - https://www.twitter.com/BAutomobileEng

*Facebook* - https://www.facebook.com/bishop.ayodele.5

*TikTok* - https://www.tiktok.com/@bautomobileengineering?_t=8aDojFQYkMA&_r=1

*LinkedIn* - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayodele-bishop-09568a70

*Nairaland Platform* - https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:54pm On Mar 04, 2023
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2023
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Gentlesoul3268: 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
I need a good mechanic for my Toyota Camry, there's a tapping sound from the camshaft ( top cylinder) and when I press the gas pedal the car will sluggish or vibrating.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2023
I had a Toyota sienna with misfiring and hard starting issue.

After the comprehensive diagnosis it was discovered the timing was off mark due the the timing belt adjuster not functioning. Also the Throttle body was stuck and it replaced also.

Symptoms
Misfiring
Difficult to move/accelerate at start up
Consuming fuel
Triggers check engine light

Likely Solutions
Replacing everything concerning the fuel delivery system - Noozle, fuel filter, fuel pump
Replacing the coil on plugs and the plugs
Cross checking all the sensor related to fuel delivery system - MAF sensor

With the above procedures the car was perfect again.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Cranking, Not Starting - KIA Sorento 2006

History
The owner was driving out of his street when he heard a bang from the engine bay, and the car went off upon close examination it was the Harmonic balancer crankshaft pulley that has broken.

Diagnosis
Replacing the harmonic balance crankshaft pulley and the crankshaft gear plus the crankshaft position sensor.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:27am On May 11, 2023
Replacing the old Knock Sensor with a new one - OEM parts all from B-Automobile Engineering.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 2:48am On Jun 16, 2023
Mercedes Benz ML350 CAN BUS communication issues, ISM, SAM all fixed

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:54am On Jul 10, 2023
What is the meanest car issue you’re currently experiencing-?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:57am On Jul 10, 2023
Toyota Camry 2010 transmission system replacement. With the TCM replaced

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:08am On Jul 17, 2023
Ford Edge 2007 transmission replacement

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2023
RX 330 2008 model inspected and shipped to Nigeria with a pinging sound in the engine was repair and replaced all done by and at B-Automobile Engineering

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Mercedes G-wagon Vs Innoson G80, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.