Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde (80403 Views)

I Have Broken The Jinx Of Who Is Your Father In Oyo Politics – Seyi Makinde / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by hightempo(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool
I think you lack comprehension problem, it is obviously clear that your central processing unit is contaminated. I think you should recapitulate his view maybe your vision will come alive
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by mrkia(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2020
I never knew this Man is this poor in reasoning. Mind you this will be the best From our brothers up there. ...lol
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by SenecaTheYonger: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool

mrkia:
I never knew this Man is this poor in reasoning. Mind you this will be the best From our brothers up there. ...lol

You are an NPC that cannot think outside of what the media tells you.

Anyone that is a human being knows that WHO and CDC can’t tell u what to do.

All the countries that don’t use face mask like USA have thousands of case per day and hundreds of death compared to those that use face mask.

Most people have already realized this and will not wait for WHO and CDC to come to that realization because they’re not perfect.

It was this same WHO that said in January that COVID19 cannot jump from human to human and they were wrong.

Don’t be an NPc
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by d33types: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:

You are the one who lacks deep thinking.
Many people are infected but are asymptomatic and don't know. These ones keep spreading the virus to all. Everybody is infected until proven otherwise

So he's very right to take that option.

You should follow WHO and CDC blindly when we don't have adequate testing abilities?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by abokikhalifa: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one

He gives no fuccckkkk. That was how he contacted the virus and he wants more people to get it as well. Hunger or Corona Virus. An hungry my still as hope of eating, but a man with Corona virus no go even get appetite. Na fear go kill am
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kaytixy: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2020
laurel03:
media sense.. Most of youoo outside Oyo should always ask for images of GSM projects.. Especially not anything Ajimobi almost done finished before he left. I am Anti Ajimobi but Seyi is still performing below reasonable people expectations in Oyo state forget media and polongo system of government seyi still Audio Governor.
oga go and sleep we are in Oyo state and we are happy with what he is doing must he build images for you to know he is working. Aabi don't you Know what is called social welfare?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by abokikhalifa: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one

He gives no fuccckkkk. That was how he contacted the virus and he wants more people to get it as well. Hunger or Corona Virus. An hungry man still as hope of eating, but a man with Corona virus no go even get appetite. Na fear go kill am
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Tantalite: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2020
If this guy is the governor of Lagos, Nigeria will be on the same pedestal with Italy. If he is still thinking on what to do at this time then we are in trouble, this is not been proactive, how can you base your response to a pandemic on a report from CNN for God sake. Last week the commissioner for health was busy looking for the key to the place that was suppose to be an isolation center. If using face mask alone is that effective why are the medical team on the front line still getting the virus. Thank God the people coming from ivory coast were isolated in osun it would have been worse.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Jeffyblaq(m): 10:47am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:

My folks are not well informed with zero awareness convey by those in authority on this novel virus..

Blame them not..

The mask is actually meant for those who have the virus or its symptoms to enable them not to spread it.
Also, those who are having some health issues and of aged.
Lastly, those who are taking care of the sick ones..

It's as simple as that!
But here, everybody seems to be with the virus as we all wear it.

Knowledge is power.. Let it be imparted!
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by joefelin2345: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
You are the one that lack thinking faculty. Was WHO not part of the conspiracy along with Chinese Communist Party that brought this problem to the world? Go n do your research well before you comment. You want kill people before death comes? This is biological weapon from the Chinese Govt n WHO is part of the conspiracy.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by ArisingStorm: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2020
ValCon888:
What most people don't understand is that social distancing is a privilege. Let me give you my reasons:

1. Most poor people live together in small rooms where it's impossible to isolate yourself.
2. Most poor people do not have access to running water.
3. Most poor people cannot afford to buy hand sanitizers or health masks.
4. Most poor people need to go out to find something to eat and will die of hunger in a lockdown.

It is easy to say "social distancing" but for most of the poor, it's impossible to practice it.
beautifully stated
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by SenecaTheYonger: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
zabuur:

U don't even understand d situation. Czech republic way. Oyo state people would start borrowing masks now like borrowing salt from neighbour. U need to understand ur environment b4 making laws. Not copying from another environment with entirely different orientation and culture

This was d same man that launched nylon cover for bike riders calling it innovation whilst some came online to praise d move.

Same person that appointed an SA who's now fixing bill boards across d state capital showing off he's now an SA.
Abi, with his 50b declared networth, can't he personally help feed d poor during lockdown and call billionaires like him in d state instead of allowing people to move around with just masks.
I won't blame him, he has a team he gives instructions to rather than a team that can come up with ideas running d state.

Yes let people sit at home instead and wait for the virus to dissipate while dying from hunger and disease. Good at criticizing but your brain is to defect at providing solution.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Jinglebell70: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
GSM just have many APC enemies in southwest.. he said if he enforce everybody to wear face mask before leaving dia residence, what of those that are less privilege?
Secondly he is planning on how oyo local Tailor and artisan can make mask for those that won’t be able to afford buying it..
what should we expect from him..
Majority of people in oyo state make living on a daily basis, I was opportune to be at zenith bank around ojoo today and an old woman was praising him that we have a wise governor because someone like her make a living with everyday activities..
The simple truth is if we want a total shutdown then government must provide for the citizen..
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by abokikhalifa: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
TimmyA:
Oyo state have a governor with a thinking cap, a governor who have the welfare of his people at heart while attempting the needful
They also have a Govt with the Virus. When other developed countries are on lock down, this local champ is forming brain man. UK , Italy, Canada, USA are all on lock down and this one is forming boss. What a pity
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by rexwalters: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
It seems Oyo state have the most reasonable governor in Nigeria.

Almost all our leaders here still think like 18th century animals but this one think differently
When wahala blow, please let him not run to our Federal Government with desperate plea for help, he can do whatever he likes in his state, he is the Governor it is his prerogative, but in reality us in Lagos, Abuja, and the Big Heart State, do not really give a fcukery about what happens in backward Oyo State, what does the State add to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Production? Absolutely Nothing.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by slimanyd: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Kaytixy:
oga go and sleep we are in Oyo state and we are happy with what he is doing must he build images for you to know he is working. Aabi don't you Know what is called social welfare?

I just dey laugh all those cry cry babies on nairaland who never set foot in ibadan .
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by AreaFada2: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Very compassionate from the gomina but early lockdown should go first why getting people to get facemasks and stock up on sanitizer to share.

Certainly senior citizens and other high groups should be indoors.

This general lockdown cannot continue for long. The window should be used to find an alternative.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Mathiasa(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Brain just too much, on like my governor Bello, this man is way ahead and thinks faster than 90% of our governors. I respect him and that borno governor.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2020
rexwalters:
When wahala blow, please let him not run to our Federal Government with desperate plea for help, he can do whatever he likes in his state, he is the Governor it is his prerogative, but in reality us in Lagos, Abuja, and the Big Heart State, do not really give a fcukery about what happens in backward Oyo State.
same federal government that foolishly brought the virus to Nigeria?
at least the man is thinking about the mass
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuginzi: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
It seems Oyo state have the most reasonable governor in Nigeria.

Almost all our leaders here still think like 18th century animals but this one think differently
Yes with at least 7 Corona virus cases in Oyo, while some of the most unreasonable Governors have no single case of Corona Virus in their various states. Yeyeh- yeyeh people everywhere
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by CanadaOrBust: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:

WHY?? WHO has been wrong so many times, the director should resign. First they said there was no human to human transmission, then they advised no travel ban.
Asymptotic people can spread the virus so EVERYBODY should wear mask!! Personally I think it should be a law
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Habakus: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2020
VillagePipu:
Makinde is a big fool and those his Igbo PDP supporters would ruin him. He wants to go the Czech way. Were Czechs holding political rallies in the midst of a pending epidemic?

It is unfortunate that this fool wants to ruin Oyo State and use it for his foolish experiment. Oyo people would pay for his foolishness, not the Igbos supporting his stupidity.
How you turned this to an "Igbo thing" says a lot about your mental state.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Kuginzi:

Yes with at least 7 Corona virus cases in Oyo, while some of the most unreasonable Governors have no single case of Corona Virus in their various states. Yeyeh- yeyeh people everywhere

at least the governor is thinking about the mass.

If we have to talk about States cases , Lagos should be the worst
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Wale309: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2020
i hope he's approaching this in the right perspective. when two things are different there's no basis for comparism. when hes thinking of using czech's approach, is the reality in oyo same as that of czech? what measures has been taken in czech before they arrived at this? social distancing in my opinion has proven suit multivariate class of people with undeniable result of containing the virus.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2020
otipoju:
Time shall tell with this thing.

Stores are open in many parts of USA.
A lot of private businesses are open

Kroger, Walmart, Home depot, UPS, Carribean Kitchen,
I have been to all in the last one week. People are going about their normal lives.

But me self dey stubborn sha, but I dey carry hand sanitizer for pocket dey wash hand every two minutes if I go out.

Which life dey normal for US? You are probably in one hole in your village. Are you talking about NY, California and Illinois? ...all on total lockdown. Even trump is confused right now...he is already projecting over 100,000 Americans may die...he is also blaming state governors
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by wwwihy: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2020
[[s]quote author=Oizatobad post=88049509]NOT LIKE LAGOS WHERE PEOPLE IS BEING LEAD BY ANIMALS WHO COLLECT RELIEF MATERIALS AND SHARE IT WITH THEIR FAMILY

80% OF INDIVIDUAL YORUBA IN LAGOS ARE CRIMINALS [/quote][/s]

Inferiority complex
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by rexwalters: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
same federal government that foolishly brought the virus to Nigeria?
at least the man is thinking about the mass
Hiding from the truth, and misinformation does not change the fact, who brought covid to Nigeria, is there any Italian that works for the Federal Government? Go and ask your sister state Ogun, about the condition of the Italian consultant for La Farge Cement, and how life is after his recovery from the SARS virus?

Useless Governor he should enjoy his 1 & last term in office, you claim thinking of the masses?, then he goes out and holds a political rally and catches the virus from his fellow pdp stalwarts, I.e. the atiku’s?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuvuki7788: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2020
You don't know Oyo state man. You are spitting rubbish for a governor who just spend a less than a year on sit compare to that of a eight years sitting governor. He approved liforte to ologuneru road then apete to akufo road3 weeks ago and work already commence there. One of the longest road in Ibadan.
Get your fact right. Seyi is the man. Better than the governor of your state. Asshole.
laurel03:
media sense.. Most of you outside Oyo should always ask for images of GSM projects.. Especially not anything Ajimobi almost done finished before he left. I am Anti Ajimobi but Seyi is still performing below reasonable people expectations in Oyo state forget media and polongo system of government seyi still Audio Governor.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Gvnl(f): 11:00am On Apr 03, 2020
If this is true then perhaps this could be the reason why the US are still battling with this virus and record massive deaths daily. From what I heard, China was enable to control this virus because they enforced a total lockdown.

otipoju:
Time shall tell with this thing.

Stores are open in many parts of USA.
A lot of private businesses are open

Kroger, Walmart, Home depot, UPS, Carribean Kitchen,
I have been to all in the last one week. People are going about their normal lives.

But me self dey stubborn sha, but I dey carry hand sanitizer for pocket dey wash hand every two minutes if I go out.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by martowskin1(m): 11:00am On Apr 03, 2020
HMarshal:

Many destructive criticizers won't read this & but if it were here in 9ja,they will turn it into a political propaganda

Are u guys seeing what is happening in the US, if we are to face same situation, do u think we have the capacity.

China was able to protect Benji , Shanghai', there major power cities by total lock down. Now they are back and smiling .

the so call US that refuse total lock down, tell me how far....
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by bigtt76(f): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2020
While this might be the way to go, it does not automatically eliminate the risk of someone wearing a face mask who left his or her home to go about their business from being cross infected from touching surfaces and not properly washing their hands before removing the face mask and also the attendant need for unlimited access to cheap and safe face masks.

holuwashezy:
Oyo State governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has said that the state doesn't need to go the Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti way on total lockdown before the spread of coronavirus can be curbed.

Makinde said during a phone call conversation to a popular radio station in Ibadan on Tuesday.

The governor who reiterated that everything that can be done to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Oyo State is on the table, that the government will continue to assess the situation and take additional measures where necessary.

Quoting the governor verbatim, he said "Yes, Lagos can be on lockdown, Ogun can be on lockdown, Oyo State, yes, people have been saying have a total lockdown and then I have been asking them questions. What will be the benefits here? Are there alternative courses of action for us to take? If you ask people not to come out, you lock down the market places, there are people who what they sell today - the profit from today’s activities is what they will eat tomorrow. There are plenty of people like that within our environment. So, are there alternatives available to us? Can we do selective lockdowns? That’s why I imposed the curfew.

"I think, everything is on the table but it has to follow a logical pattern and it will need the input of experts. We are not just going to lockdown because everyone is looking down.

"I have been watching CNN and the most successful place right now in containing this is the Czech Republic. And one of the things they brought out is that they made a law that if you must leave your house, you must wear a mask. It may be that route for us to go.
I have asked them to start evaluating that. If we must make that law and say everybody that must go out must wear a mask, then, how about those who cannot afford it. Can we make masks locally? Can we get our artisans and our tailors to commit to that with the government supporting? So, those are the type of solutions we are looking for."

https://mobile.twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1245012510937415688
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by wwwihy: 11:01am On Apr 03, 2020
This man is the most useless Governor in Nigeria.... still thinking?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.