Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde (80402 Views)

I Have Broken The Jinx Of Who Is Your Father In Oyo Politics – Seyi Makinde / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Alimiyemi(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2020
As we don't know who is sick from their look,,, everyone should b wearing nose/face mask if they are to be moving around.
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Paulkenny12(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Governor Seyi Makinde is still the best governor who have his people at heart may God grant you quick recovery our prayers & thoughts are with you Mr Governor
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool
oga deep thinking, this is not an insult, but face mask can be worn in two ways,
The coloured part out for those with the disease and the plain part out for those without the disease ND doesn't want to catch the disease.
So if lock down pass three months, I bet you go dey among those wey go enter your work place without mask self unless your job is online
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nigeriapen(m): 11:03am On Apr 03, 2020
Shopping Mall Collapses In Calabar

CUSTOMERS REPORTEDLY BEEN TRAPPED

WATCH COMPLETE VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2OLwX9Mgg&t=30s
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuginzi: 11:03am On Apr 03, 2020
Some people self no get sense. So you're hyping a Governor that was unable to protect his people against the Virus.
Yes with at least 8 COVID-19 cases in Oyo State, while those u called the most unreasonable Governors have no single case of Corona Virus case in their various States. I swear some people no get sense. When will the Local Tailors start the Face Mask production for the whole Oyo state, when the Virus is spreading faster. See Yeyeh- yeyeh people everywhere!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by DavSagacity(m): 11:04am On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
Thinking faculty that doesn’t know the preventive measures to take not to contract the virus. shocked
See Finishing.!!! Brutality. Flawless
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by rexwalters: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Paulkenny12:
Governor Seyi Makinde is still the best governor who have his people at heart may God grant you quick recovery our prayers & thoughts are with you Mr Governor
Never heard of the wankist until he contracted covid-19, maybe he is the best Governor for people living in that hamlet called oyo state?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Rapmoney(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
ValCon888:
What most people don't understand is that social distancing is a privilege. Let me give you my reasons:

1. Most poor people live together in small rooms where it's impossible to isolate yourself.
2. Most poor people do not have access to running water.
3. Most poor people cannot afford to buy hand sanitizers or health masks.
4. Most poor people need to go out to find something to eat and will die of hunger in a lockdown.

It is easy to say "social distancing" but for most of the poor, it's impossible to practice it.

You have written intelligently. Man wey dey reason. Chuck knuckles!
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by fireback: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
this is the best policy am looking out to see in the entire country. since the government cannot feed the nation. they should create a NO MASK NO MOVEMENT policy. in that case whether you have the virus or not, you must put on a mask before leaving your house. and anyone caught in the public not putting on a mask should be arrested and quarantine (jail) for 21or 14days, whether the person is infected or not.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by PureGoldh(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
donbachi:
See governor wey him thinking faculty get departments wey dey study;humanity 101,conscience 111,love 221 and consideration 301....always putting the people first,that is wat true governance is.

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuginzi: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:

at least the governor is thinking about the mass.

If we have to talk about States cases , Lagos should be the worst
Thinking my foot. Stop comparing Lagos State with Oyo State. Is Lagos State the only state we have in Nigeria? They are 2 separate states. The Governor has already failed to protect his people from contacting the Virus. And if care is not taken, Dozens will be affected by COVID-19 in Oyo state. I HATE PEOPLE WITH EYE SERVICE!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by salusworth(m): 11:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Personally, I am disappointed in the way Seyi Makinde is going about this.
Claiming to enact a law to force people to use face masks if they must go out.
Will this so called law take care of careless handling and disposal of these masks?
Will this law address social distancing?
I detest the fact that he's allowing politics blind him from the realities on ground.
This is a pandemic, not some partisan idea.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by 7lives: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Rada Rada, meanwhile Oyo folks rip in advance.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Kuginzi:

Thinking my foot. Stop comparing Lagos State with Oyo State. Is Lagos State the only state we have in Nigeria? They are 2 separate states. The Governor has already failed to protect his people from contacting the Virus. And if care is not taken, Dozens will be affected by COVID-19 in Oyo state. I HATE PEOPLE WITH EYE SERVICE!!
Lagos is the state with most cases.
Lagos governor failed more
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by fabolouz1(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one
,must you bring politics to everything? Is rivers ,Akwa ibom et.al APC States?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Tehaxilan: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2020
rexwalters:
When wahala blow, please let him not run to our Federal Government with desperate plea for help, he can do whatever he likes in his state, he is the Governor it is his prerogative, but in reality us in Lagos, Abuja, and the Big Heart State, do not really give a fcukery about what happens in backward Oyo State, what does the State add to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Production? Absolutely Nothing.
Oloribu omo. Who cares about your fuckery? Alayebaje
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2020
rexwalters:
Hiding from the truth, and misinformation does not change the fact, who brought covid to Nigeria, is there any Italian that works for the Federal Government? Go and ask your sister state Ogun, about the condition of the Italian consultant for La Farge Cement, and how life is after his recovery from the SARS virus?

Useless Governor he should enjoy his 1 & last term in office, you claim thinking of the masses?, then he goes out and holds a political rally and catches the virus from his fellow pdp stalwarts, I.e. the atiku’s?
if FG stop travels earlier, there will be zero cases.

The many cases in Abuja and Lagos that were infected by Abba kyari and his likes also had contact with the Italian man?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Please Huncle the man at the top what has he being watching cartoon ?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuginzi: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
Lagos is the state with most cases.
Lagos governor failed more
No one is disputing that. The Duo (Lagos and Oyo) state Governors have failed to protect their citizens. Pls don't support any Governor who fails to protect his people against this pandemic. DON'T TRUST ANY POLITICIAN!!
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kuvuki7788: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2020
What will you do if the virus last till December as a sitting governor.
salusworth:
Personally, I am disappointed in the way Seyi Makinde is going about this.
Claiming to enact a law to force people to use face masks if they must go out.
Will this so called law take care of careless handling and disposal of these masks?
Will this law address social distancing?
I detest the fact that he's allowing politics blind him from the realities on ground.
This is a pandemic, not some partisan idea.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by uniqueicon: 11:17am On Apr 03, 2020
afroniger:

Enough of the false hype. Time is fast running out so he needs to come up with a definite plan. As we speak the state is operating as if there's no governor in place. Life's still going on as if there's no coronavirus, perhaps the ONLY state in Nigeria that is still doing that even when states like Anambra that don't have a single case are being more proactive. If he truly put the people first as you claim he wouldn't have held that infamous rally against better judgement. This sycophancy of the governor needs to end if he's to make progress. He needs to act NOW, enough talk please.

So many states are doing test aggressively and blocking further spread, he is there saying they should use mask meant for infected individual and people taking care of them. I don't know y we put politics first in everything we do in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by gozie4real: 11:17am On Apr 03, 2020
ABSOLUTELY WRIGHT SIR................GLAD YOU CONSIDER THE POOR.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Tomsas: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2020
laurel03:
media sense.. Most of you outside Oyo should always ask for images of GSM projects.. Especially not anything Ajimobi almost done finished before he left. I am Anti Ajimobi but Seyi is still performing below reasonable people expectations in Oyo state forget media and polongo system of government seyi still Audio Governor.

The reasonable people in Oyo state appreciate the performance of Seyi. To my knowledge, the reasonable people are those who voted for Seyi and so far they have been happy with him. I strongly believe that you should understand better than government is a continuous institution. Everyone cannot be like a governor who jettisoned the people oriented policies of an out gone gov't on the name of bitterness. If you are in Ibadan and its environs, you are definitely among the reasonable people who must have seen the good work of Seyi.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2020
Kuginzi:

No one is disputing that. The Duo (Lagos and Oyo) state Governors have failed to protect their citizens. Pls don't support any Governor who fails to protect his people against this pandemic. DON'T TRUST ANY POLITICIAN!!

It is buhari who refused to stop travels in Nigeria failed More. He waited for his children and cronies to run back here before taking any step
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by castiello(m): 11:20am On Apr 03, 2020
holuwashezy:
Oyo State governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has said that the state doesn't need to go the Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti way on total lockdown before the spread of coronavirus can be curbed.

Makinde said during a phone call conversation to a popular radio station in Ibadan on Tuesday.

The governor who reiterated that everything that can be done to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Oyo State is on the table, that the government will continue to assess the situation and take additional measures where necessary.

Quoting the governor verbatim, he said "Yes, Lagos can be on lockdown, Ogun can be on lockdown, Oyo State, yes, people have been saying have a total lockdown and then I have been asking them questions. What will be the benefits here? Are there alternative courses of action for us to take? If you ask people not to come out, you lock down the market places, there are people who what they sell today - the profit from today’s activities is what they will eat tomorrow. There are plenty of people like that within our environment. So, are there alternatives available to us? Can we do selective lockdowns? That’s why I imposed the curfew.

"I think, everything is on the table but it has to follow a logical pattern and it will need the input of experts. We are not just going to lockdown because everyone is looking down.

"I have been watching CNN and the most successful place right now in containing this is the Czech Republic. And one of the things they brought out is that they made a law that if you must leave your house, you must wear a mask. It may be that route for us to go.
I have asked them to start evaluating that. If we must make that law and say everybody that must go out must wear a mask, then, how about those who cannot afford it. Can we make masks locally? Can we get our artisans and our tailors to commit to that with the government supporting? So, those are the type of solutions we are looking for."

https://mobile.twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1245012510937415688

It works in Czech Republic Because they are advance and obey the law, Nigeria is a jungle and animals don’t obey laws
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by favour32(m): 11:21am On Apr 03, 2020
donbachi:
See governor wey him thinking faculty get departments wey dey study;humanity 101,conscience 111,love 221 and consideration 301....always putting the people first,that is wat true governance is.
This governor na genius!
E cgp na first class!
Mumu politicians wey their cgp na probation to be weeded out soon.Na only their belle dem know..to lockdown.
This na man!
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Billygee2u: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2020
donbachi:
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Dominatrix(f): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2020
zabuur:

U don't even understand d situation. Czech republic way. Oyo state people would start borrowing masks now like borrowing salt from neighbour. U need to understand ur environment b4 making laws. Not copying from another environment with entirely different orientation and culture

This was d same man that launched nylon cover for bike riders calling it innovation whilst some came online to praise d move.

Same person that appointed an SA who's now fixing bill boards across d state capital showing off he's now an SA.
Abi, with his 50b declared networth, can't he personally help feed d poor during lockdown and call billionaires like him in d state instead of allowing people to move around with just masks.
I won't blame him, he has a team he gives instructions to rather than a team that can come up with ideas running d state.
True, the whole of Nigerian government watched CNN even for the lockdown law. The only thing they didn't copy from CNN is transparency on the amount of cases. Block heads! What applies to every country or state might just not work here, because our people find it hard to adjust to stuff like this.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by michealfaraday: 11:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Perhaps the people we call leaders are yet to understand how virulent this virus is!!!bet it is yet to dawn on them what next following weeks will unfold...
Accepted...Nigerian survive Ebola and equivalent but the present epidemic is catastrophically engineered to unleash what will determine world dominance by perpetrators.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Femeto: 11:25am On Apr 03, 2020
Masks that are scarce this governor doesn't understand the Virus.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by DLuciano: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2020
donbachi:
Not like Wike, where everything is muscle muscle! harsh harsh!! gra gra!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.