Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says (82334 Views)

Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Is Building First Cable Bridge In South-South Nigeria (Photos) / Abba Kyari Tried To Clean Up Nigeria, Says The Economist Of London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Well they are loud because it's new to them(Its normal to have something you never had). However they've done a good job in the past 12yrs.

Lol. Succinct. grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
What will attract people to Akwa-Ibom is not neatness but availability of job opportunities. Right now, it's just civil service and church, church, church everywhere with pockets of pure water producers here and there. Not forgetting that betnaija is also a big industry in that state.

Bet chops are almost on every street, very weird. Well the state at this pace may get to the point where its economy will be attractive to industries, companies and factories.

My fear is let the Nigerian syndrome not catch up with it ie when the state becomes an economic power house it becomes dirty and disorganized.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
What will attract people to Akwa-Ibom is not neatness but availability of job opportunities. Right now, it's just civil service and church, church, church everywhere with pockets of pure water producers here and there. Not forgetting that betnaija is also a big industry in that state.

Exactly.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by riczy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
ChaoHendrix:
Akwa Ibom is the most underrated state in Nigeria..
Though its' government is bedeviled by corrupt practices just like every other state in Nigeria,they've had the best and most sensitive government..
When it comes to good roods,no state can compare with Akwa Ibom and every street,I mean every street gets swept every morning..
The only problem is electricity..
While some areas have steady power supply,some hardly see light...
All in all, I love my State..
weed, Wats d rate of employment?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Of you carry out a proper census now it will even be in the top 10 currently. Everything must not be Lagos, population must not be the yardstick.

How are you so sure? I can assume anything but it doesn't make it true.

You are missing the greater point here. We are too reliant on fossil fuels to power the national grid. Poor gas supplies and high prices are one of the reasons why there are persistent blackouts. As more people move into an area the greater the electricity burden they bring. If a reliable and renewable alternative can be implemented in one area with less people then it can be reproduced in other areas with more people or distributed to states that do not have access to the sea. This isn't about Lagos it is about moving forward from the persistent stagnation by trying new things.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Lol. I don't have to. Anambra has probably the best roads in Nigeria so calm down. Akwa Ibom is just coming up recently. No biggie over there. I've also noticed the little development Akwa Ibom has seen recently in Uyo and Eket is making them loud. I laugh. Hahaha.

is it the same State that has Onitsha with its endless darkness and Legendary mosquitoes backed by smelly gutters, i escaped from Onitsha on my last visit.
Anambra is far from aesthetic , only place i stayed two days and could not wait to get out was in Udoka estate in Awka, you cant even drive to some streets, red streets everywhere , you go wash car taya

repair the streets in Onitsha first and create parks and plazas and green areas like in Uyo where people can do picnics without smelling shlt,, then we can talk.
lol, anyone that should talk with An Akwa ibomite in terms of cleanliness and roads in the SE should be from Enugu
anyone else is a clown hater

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by michealdeco: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
majamajic:

U never come ogun state , matogun, oke aro , agbado , akute ,

Aba neat na, it's only Aba that is dirty in abia , umuahia is very neat
yeah ABA is Soo dirty we just manage to survive

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by fuckpro: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Bruno3000:
u forgot to mention high rate of cultism and sexual promiscuity. cheesy

Stop all this promiscuity nonsense

The brothels in the whole Akwaibom is not up to half of a place like oshodi and that's a fact

The girls aren't promiscuous or their men would have married from outside most don't,rather your
Men come here to "steal" grin our girls ask Desmond Eliot,Adeleke clan.
Are Akwaibom women more promiscuous than Edo state women,even to the point of servicing a whole country if not Continent single handedly

The cultisim thing another urban myth
Cultisim and crime go hand in glove
Yet you can walk the street of Uyo browsing the net and have peace of mind you won't get robbed
Go try that in Port Harcourt and see Netflix unfold.

TRY USING YOUR BRAIN WHEN NEXT YOU COMMENT, IT SERVES A PURPOSE

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

How are you so sure? I can assume anything but it doesn't make it true.

You are missing the greater point here. We are too reliant on fossil fuels to power the national grid. Poor gas supplies and high prices are one of the reasons why there are persistent blackouts. As more people move into an area the greater the electricity burden they bring. If a reliable and renewable alternative can be implemented in one area with less people then it can be reproduced in other areas with more people or distributed to states that do not have access to the sea. This isn't about Lagos it is about moving forward from the persistent stagnation by trying new things.

It can be started in any area of any state, no matter the population. You must not start with the whole state or city at thesame time.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
fuckpro:

Stop all this promiscuity nonsense

The brothel in the whole Akwaibom is not up to that of a place like oshodi and that's a fact

The girls aren't promiscuous or their men men would have married from outside mostly which is not happening
Are Akwaibom women more promiscuous than Edo state women,even to the point of servicing a whole country if not Continent single handedly

The cultisim thing another urban myth
Cultisim and crime go hand in glove
Yet you can walk the street of Uyo browsing the net and have peace of mind you won't get robbed
Go try that in Port Harcourt and see nexflix unfold.

TRY USING YOUR BRAIN WHEN NEXT YOU COMMENT, IT SERVES A PURPOSE

Lagos is home of sex, with endless brothel closures and strip clubs but the hypocrites cook stories that suit their agenda
as for cultism maybe he missed the spelling of rivers state and benin

https://www.nairaland.com/5772451/sex-workers-evicted-benin-hotel

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by MikkieEl: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
OsuGanja:
Im sure IBADAN is the dirtiest city..Thanks for the correction

Maybe you need to see sokoto

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
mtinfx:

is is the same State that has Onitsha with its endlesss darkness and Legendary mosquitoes backed by smelly gutters, i escaped from Onitsha on my last visit.
Anambra is far from aesthetic , only place i stayed two days and could not wait to get out was in Udoka estate in Awka, you can even drive to some streets, red streets everywhere , you go wash car taya

Who said Anambra was aesthetic? Neither is Akwa Ibom by the way. But the roads are better in Anambra, all round.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by paltielx: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Akwa ibom ayaya
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

It can be started in any area of any state, no matter the population. You must not start with the whole state or city at thesame time.

I'm specifically talking about hydroelectric power from the sea. I was just throwing ideas around but you're welcome to bring up alternatives.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
you're still wrong oga. Outside Kano (which I believe their population is bloated on paper) which other Nigerian state can compare to Lagos in terms of population? River's, kaduna and other thick states still have relatively small population to Lagos. So your parameter for comparing Akwa iboms population to Lagos is just weird considering Lagos is over 50 years old and Akwa Ibom was created 1987. 15th most populous state out of 36 states and fct is not relatively small sir. It means a state state that is 30th is relatively non existent According to you.

Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

Who said Anambra was aesthetic? Neither is Akwa Ibom by the way. But the roads are better in Anambra, all round.

cheesy cheesy
let someone from enugu come forward
i can only live in 4 places in Nigeria
Ikoyi
abuja
Enugu
Uyo

I dont like mud slinging
many of my friends are from Anambra, i drive there a lot from Uyo
and when they come to uyo , they enjoy it and stay longer than they planned
just give props and avoid hating
Awka is a nice place, but Anambra still has lots of work
one street in Onitsha can keep you there for two hours or worse cause of pothole if your travelling down south

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

I'm specifically talking about hydroelectric power from the sea. I was just throwing ideas around but you're welcome to bring up alternatives.

Thinking of hydro in a state with abundant gas?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Siberia01(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

I think say you get sense. Hahaha.
go quarantine yaself.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
mtinfx:

Ikoyi
abuja
Enugu
Uyo
[/s]

Are you insinuating that picture is from Anambra? I doubt it. What's my business with where you can live and cannot? Enugu, Anambra na we get am so don't be a clown.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Akwa Ibom has a gas fired power plant
and another Gas Plant

anything hydro should be tested elsewhere
what the state needs to escape civil service addiction is a FTZ backed by a functional seaport
till then, purchasing power will be low with high unemployment

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

Are you insinuating that picture is from Anambra? I doubt it. What's my business with where you can live and cannot? Enugu, Anambra na we get am so don't be a clown.

you dont even know fegge Area in Onitsha and claim to be from Anambra
and a professor of Anambra road infrastructure
guess i was talking with someone who does not even know his state

NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
mtinfx:

Ikoyi
abuja
Enugu
Uyo

I dont like mud slinging
many of my friends are from Anambra, i drive there a lot from Uyo
and when they come to uyo , they enjoy it and stay longer than they planned
just give props and avoid hating
Awka is a nice place, but Anambra still has lots of work
one street in Onitsha can keep you there for two hours or worse cause of pothole if your travelling down south
[/s]

Which street in Onitsha will keep you for hours when traveling to your state? Are you a clown? Is it the federal road you're calling Anambra road? I think say you get sense.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

Which street in Onitsha will keep you for hours when traveling to your state? Are you a clown? Is it the federal road you're calling Anambra road? I think say you get sense.

go and rehabilitate Onitsha and make it fit for human existence
go and make streets in Awka drive-able

no one is dragging dirty state award with you
HATER undecided

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
mtinfx:

Ayade was a grave error

Imoke was bad

But current government is satan

Imoke was much better than ayade, don't forget imoke made duke.

tinapa project is what plunged caly backwards, imoke despite trying to service tinapas debts tried for the state, things got worse when Prof dwarfus came in board.

he can't even get one his legs to touch ground when sitting on his bike.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
mtinfx:

you dont even know fegge Area in Onitsha and claim to be from Anambra
and a professor of Anambra road infrastructure
guess i was talking with someone who does not even know his state

NEXT!
[/s]

That's not a current look of Fegge. Next time don't regurgitate nonsense pictures like you're hormonal.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
quentin06:

Imoke was much better than ayade, don't forget imoke made duke.

tinapa project is what plunged caly backwards, imoke despite trying to service tinapas debts tried for the state, things got worse when Prof dwarfus came in board.
he can't even get one his legs to touch ground when sitting on his bike.

what cross river saw to vote that disaster is what i dont get
dude lives like a celeb and has no business with being a governor
imagine a poor state like Cross River having high end Sentinel Ranger Rovers and Rolls royce in a governors convoy
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
grin grin you're Savage o. Ayade is an error. Only thing he is good at is buying land and filling the whole place with unnecessary appointment

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
mtinfx:

go and rehabilitate Onitsha and make it fit for human existence
go and make streets in Awka drive-able

no one is dragging dirty state award with you
HATER undecided

Okay. We'll work on it.

Akwa Ibom is a glorified village though. Villages are usually clean so no biggie.

Goodnight.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

Okay. We'll work on it.
Akwa Ibom is a glorified village though. Villages are usually clean so no biggie.
Goodnight.

yes, we like it like that
better than a glorified mega slum
am proud of my state - for a state created in the 80s
be proud of yours
Good night cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
grin You rest now. There are indigenes of 35 other states on this topic including enugu,imo,ebonyi and abia yet they all passed. No need dragging, we have noticed you. Rest
SlayerForever:

Okay. We'll work on it.

Goodnight.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Well gas isn't free or immune to market manipulation. If they had another source of power which does not require the additional infrastructure that extraction and distribution of gas does they could save money and export the gas for profit.

Although these are all things that could happen not exactly will happen. Someone more qualified than I am would have to plan it out.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by fuckpro: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

This is where Igbo people kill themselves, which one be federal road is it not used mainly by your people
This attitude was made nonsense of by Mr transformer Gov Godswill Akpabio he constructed all roads federal or state and Akwaibomites are better for it

Use your brain

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.