Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? (69385 Views)

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts / Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) / What Causes Acha Ere, Leg Cancer Or Leg Ulcer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Seunn11: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
@OP,

While your basis is correct as regards the theory, please note that one can not be totally sure of the frequencies spectrum of this contraptions.
You made an innocent assumption that the frequencies are only in the range you mentioned. You may be surprised at the reality on ground. One may not be too sure as to the weaponizing capability of these items. And you should never assume that they are capable of emitting only specific kind of waves.
Another aspect you need to look at is effect of this radiation on items that humans use to package food items. Such items include polymer. For your information, polymers require low amount of energy, on relative terms, to ionize them. A piece of bread in such nylon which is exposed to such radiation may cause excitation that you referred to. The ions thus liberated may activate certain kind of effects in human bodies especially in the gullet and lung.
Please, do not be in a haste to defend a new technology.

Yours truly also had a good background in effect and use of radiations.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by mrphysics(m): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
MrPhysics probably read a Physics textbook written in 1973 that he checked out in University of Ibadan's library. I won't put it beyond Nigerian professors to be teaching from the notes they prepared in 60s. We can learn to excuse his half-baked education...not entirely his fault.

Human Physiology is too extensive to be explained only with its relationship with non-biological science like Physics.
\
I like you because you sit behind your keyboard to say whatever you want. And then cross it with a forward and backward slash grin grin

Well, I am not speaking from knowledge of 60s, I am currently studying Nuclear Engineering and it's not in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Ultimus: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skyfornia:
SMH...

I have noticed with increase how some certain people on this forum abuse other individuals whose views are contrary to their own belief or dogma instead of expressing their arguments in a more mature and reasonable way.

A journey through some of their previous comments you will also notice that some of these abusers are Atheists and people addicted to hard substances.

You go about pouring out your vituperations on every thread, creating nuisance and getting supports from your kinds...for your mind you feel say you be James Bond.

Now to the business of the day..

Some of you believe that some radiations can can attack a cell in human body.

You believe that consistent usage of x-ray machines can cause harm to the body.

You uses phones that recognizes your thumb, eyes and face and respond instantly.

You've seen or believe there's a technology that detects when someone lied.

Yet you find it difficult to believe that a technology such as 5G is harmful to humans or cannot have negative effects to a human body? Now I'm not saying that I have a proof of it's danger but the possibility cannot be neglected.

Your claim is that 5G is a non-ionizing radiation yet ultraviolet rays, Microwave which also are among the non-ionizing radiation are reported in most cases to be harmful to humans and animals.

Chinese, the originators of 5G are busy destroying the masts and you are inside your small village abusing and cussing them.

Your colonial masters are determined to destroy all 5G programs in their territories, and you that studied physics in one local university in Nigeria is out here exposing your ignorance.

I weep for you.

Ultraviolet rays are ionizing radiation. Your comment is full of rubbish conjectures.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Saintly01(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Straight to the point, One bottle of Heneiken for you Mr. Physics.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Kolping: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyDCHf5iCY

"The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation: what we know, what we need to find out, and what you can do now"
Presented by Dr Devra Davis, Visiting Professor of Medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey.

The Lecture
What are the health effects of mobile phones and wireless radiation? While Australia has led the world in safety standards, including compulsory seat-belt legislation, plain packaging on cigarettes, and product and food disclosure legislation, it falls behind in addressing the significant issues associated with mobile phone use. In this Dean’s Lecture, epidemiologist and electromagnetic radiation expert, Dr Devra Davis, will outline the evolution of the mobile phone and smartphone, and provide a background to the current 19 year old radiation safety standards (SAR), policy developments and international legislation. New global studies on the health consequences of mobile/wireless radiation will be presented, including children’s exposure and risks.

The Speaker
Dr Devra Davis is an internationally recognised expert on electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and other wireless transmitting devices. She is currently the Visiting Professor of Medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey. Dr Davis was Founding Director of the Center for Environmental Oncology at The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute —­ the first institute of its kind in the world, to examine the environmental factors that contribute to the majority of cases of cancer.

In 2007, Dr Devra Davis founded non­profit Environmental Health Trust to provide basic research and education about environmental health hazards. Dr Davis served as the President Clinton appointee to the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board in the U.S.A. from 1994–­1999, an independent executive branch agency that investigates, prevents and mitigates chemical accidents.
As the former Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary for Health in the Department of Health and Human Services, she has counseled leading officials in the United States, United Nations, European Environment Agency, Pan American Health Organization, World Health Organization, and World Bank.

Dr Davis holds a B.S. in physiological psychology and an M.A. in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh, 1967. She completed a PhD in science studies at the University of Chicago as a Danforth Foundation Graduate Fellow, 1972 and a M.P.H. in epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University as a Senior National Cancer Institute Post-­Doctoral Fellow, 1982. She has authored more than 200 publications and has been published in Lancet and Journal of the American Medical Association as well as the Scientific American and the New York Times.

Dr Devra Davis is an internationally recognised expert on electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and other wireless transmitting devices.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by ThinkFreely: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jh0wsef:
I wish they could isolate this OP with one of these 5G masts.. When they open the door, even your teeth for don melt finish gringrin

Believe it or not. That 5G radiation no be here at all
Why have your kind refused to break out of ignorance?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by canDy4eva(f): 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
You better tell people the truth else you would be held accountable. 5g is harmful and you know it.

Yes it's a welcomed technology but what is a great technology when lives would be sacrificed?

Technology has always been man's best friend that would turn around and kill him.

Be wise and choose! All of a sudden we have cases of cancer, kidney failure and the likes of it. Dnt you think something is wrong somewhere?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by ThinkFreely: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
@OP,

While your basis is correct as regards the theory, please note that one can not be totally sure of the frequencies spectrum of this contraptions.
You made an innocent assumption that the frequencies are only in the range you mentioned. You may be surprised at the reality on ground. One may not be too sure as to the weaponizing capability of these items. And you should never assume that they are capable of emitting only specific kind of waves.

Its not an assumption, it’s elementary physics knowledge. You would have known this if you didn’t skip classes. 5G is a Radiowave and there are specific frequency range for
Radiowaves.

Everything you were taught in secondary school werent for fun, they were taught so you could reason beyond ridiculous unverifiable claims.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by ThinkFreely: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
canDy4eva:
You better tell people the truth else you would be held accountable. 5g is harmful and you know it.

Yes it's a welcomed technology but what is a great technology when lives would be sacrificed?

Technology has always been man's best friend that would turn around and kill him.

Be wise and choose! All of a sudden we have cases of cancer, kidney failure and the likes of it. Dnt you think something is wrong somewhere?
If you read and understood everything the op said and you still come up with this then don’t expect any of your children to do well in school. They surely have something to pick from their mother l.

2 Likes

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by canDy4eva(f): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skyfornia:
SMH...

I have noticed with increase how some certain people on this forum abuse other individuals whose views are contrary to their own belief or dogma instead of expressing their arguments in a more mature and reasonable way.

A journey through some of their previous comments you will also notice that some of these abusers are Atheists and people addicted to hard substances.

You go about pouring out your vituperations on every thread, creating nuisance and getting supports from your kinds...for your mind you feel say you be James Bond.

Now to the business of the day..

Some of you believe that some radiations can can attack a cell in human body.

You believe that consistent usage of x-ray machines can cause harm to the body.

You uses phones that recognizes your thumb, eyes and face and respond instantly.

You've seen or believe there's a technology that detects when someone lied.

Yet you find it difficult to believe that a technology such as 5G is harmful to humans or cannot have negative effects to a human body? Now I'm not saying that I have a proof of it's danger but the possibility cannot be neglected.

Your claim is that 5G is a non-ionizing radiation yet ultraviolet rays, Microwave which also are among the non-ionizing radiation are reported in most cases to be harmful to humans and animals.

Chinese, the originators of 5G are busy destroying the masts and you are inside your small village abusing and cussing them.

Your colonial masters are determined to destroy all 5G programs in their territories, and you that studied physics in one local university in Nigeria is out here exposing your ignorance.

I weep for you.

God bless you....

Technology is killing the planet and all the op could come up with is what he was taught from a book written by a man like him.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by mrphysics(m): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
merahki:

Intelligence is knowing what and when and how to delearn, unlearn, learn and relearn when necessary.
I have read your post- it is an insightful read. I am a doctor, so I understood many of your terms, and had a trip to a science centre before, etc
So with no disrespect meant, I go...it is absolute unintelligence and egocentric to think that only “our” knowledge is the absolute truth
Can you tell me that without a categorical doubt that everything you know about 5G is true? If yes, how do you know this? Who fed you the knowledge? Is there any missing link/clue that you may have been hasty to toss away? Can there be an alternate truth? Or you already know the absolute truth? Why would the world leave people behind on technology and especially when there are gaps in every other life sphere? Do you not see a possible if not probable dodgy intent behind this?
I just want to learn and I enjoyed reading your topic (to the extent that Physics would let me!)
Cheers

I am responding because of the emboldened and I do not have the intention of talking physics because I am not even an expert in physics. I created this thread because it is basic physics and I have understanding on what radiation is, how it is measured, it's impact on people. I can tell you about radiation and you can atleast say it is coming from someone who understands it.

Now, I am presenting to you what is called Cohort Study. It is a Life Span Study of survivors of Hiroshima Nagazaki bomb blast where over 100k persons were followed for many years. This is believed to be the most reliable information on the effects of radiation on matter.

1st image is categories of those followed and their closeness to the epicentre. Remember over 200k people died instantly due to the bomb blast.
2nd image, is the observed effects. Now these are highly ionizing and harmful radiations.

This is in response to how I got my info.

Imagine as a doctor that you told a pregnant woman that stress will lead to miscarriage, and she asked you these questions you asked me below:

Can you tell me that without a categorical doubt that everything you know about pregnancy is true? grin grin If yes, how do you know this? Who fed you the knowledge? Is there any missing link/clue that you may have been hasty to toss away? Can there be an alternate truth? Or you already know the absolute truth? Why would the world leave people behind on technology and especially when there are gaps in every other life sphere? Do you not see a possible if not probable dodgy intent behind this?

How would you feel?

2 Likes

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Danniedpastor(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

A mortal that did a lot of experiment, presented to group of experts and it was acknowledged to be true and a fact.

Now you want me to listen to you, a MoG on this subject? Absolutely no, you don't have the right to speak on such subject grin grin

You don't have to pay attention to me because I've not said anything on the matter on ground.

I'm only saying that no human knowledge is perfect.

Don't forget that , America knew nothing about the Corona virus. That was because China concealed it from them.

The knowledge you have might just be a filtered version.

Stay blessed
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by DeRay98(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:
I went through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5774444/fact-check-coronavirus-caused-5g-technology by aminulive and while I appreciate what he has done, I think enough needs to be done to drive that point clearer to the Nigerian audience. However, my fear is that when scientist and health practitioners say something, most people, especially Nigerians will accept the ones coming from religious leaders.

I will try my best to explain in details what you should know about radiations.

Classifications of Radiations
They are two basic classification of radiations, they include:
1 Particle radiation: This contains charged and neutral particles
2. Electromagnetic radiation: (Photon flow. 5G belongs to this group.)

We can classify radiations according to their biological effects on matter, here, we have two types of radiations: Ionizing and non ionizing radiations.

You must have heard these two in recent times, so what is ionizing and non ionizing radiations?
a. Ionizing radiations: This means radiation have enough energy to eject one electron from the atom of the crossed material.
b. Non ionizing radiation: Particle energy is not enough to eject one electron from the atom, therefore it is said to have lower ionizing potential.

Great, let's advance further. The next question is, at what energy is a particle considered as ionizing? I won't waste much time here, so let's concentrate on 5G and their corresponding energy.

I am a graduate student of Nuclear Engineering. And in one of our course called Interaction of Radiation with Matter, we discussed everything about ionizing and non ionizing radiation.
Therefore, for tissues/matter consisting of Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen (Which the human body fall under), radiations are considered as ionizing radiation if their energy is greater >> 12.4 eV (electron volt). The wavelength of such photon is 0.1um (micro meter). .

Using the relationship between energy and frequency, E = hf, I made a quick calculation and realized that the wavelength of such radiation must be 100nm (0.1um) and the frequency (Hz) is to the order of 3 x 10^15 hertz. We do know that the frequency of a 5G network (5 Giga hertz - 95 Giga hertz) and discovered that it's frequency is of the order of 10^9 hertz. which is million times lower than what is considered as ionizing. It therefore means that photons from a 5G network can never ionize the human body.

We know all these because to excite the electron from the ground state of a hydrogen atom to the first excitation state, you must have an energy of 13.6 eV. If you check the energy of a 5G wave, you will see it is approximately 0.00002 eV which is a million times lower than the fundamental energy of ionizing radiation.

Some persons have also linked it to cause cancer and the rest, this is not true. Of course there are two effects of radiations which is stochastic and deterministic effect. Deterministic effect occurs instantly and severity increases with radiation dose where as stochastic effect does not occur instantly but will take time to manifest.

Let me point out that, those who survived the Hiroshima and Nagazaki bomb blast and were followed in a study called Cohort Study, out of over 100k followed person, only about 2% died of cancer related cases which manifested about 50 years after the incident. Remember these people took many grays of highly ionizing radiations.

Whenever you take flight from a particular place to another, you have absorbed more ionizing radiations that someone living 20km from a nuclear power plant. When you take 1-9 cigarettes a day, you take same risk as someone who took a dose of 3.4Sv from a bomb blast.

To end it, 5G network is not an ionizing radiation, and poses no harm to the body, well not anyone that has been experience now. It will take many years for one to experience any such effect (Which to me is not possible). Some of us have done X-rays, if only you knew you stood against an ionizing radiation, and yet still healthy, you won't be talking about 5G network.

The words of MrPhysics grin grin grin

With O.Level knowledge of Physics(C6) Jamb 52% in 1991), you just did justice to this debate with clear explanations to assure even the ignorant or non-science orientated or educated people.
My believe is the U.S. is jealous that China beat them to the 5G network technology and frustrate other nations from accepting the technology they instigated this propaganda through their excellent propaganda machine to frighten the rest of the world.
They had earlier in the last 2yrs of the debate accuse China of planning to use the network to spy on other nations and persuaded their allies not to adopt it.
If only you know what U.S can scheme to blackmail any global power rival, you won't surprised.
I'm not fan of China neither do I trust them, but U.S. is a champion of mischievous deeds.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Joshkavid: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
NextD18:

Jokes apart bruv. I read everything, it's a nice piece of information.

Check out this https://xdolte.org/best-bank-hacking-softwares/
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Vicfacebadoo: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:
I went through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5774444/fact-check-coronavirus-caused-5g-technology by aminulive and while I appreciate what he has done, I think enough needs to be done to drive that point clearer to the Nigerian audience. However, my fear is that when scientist and health practitioners say something, most people, especially Nigerians will accept the ones coming from religious leaders.

I will try my best to explain in details what you should know about radiations.

Classifications of Radiations
They are two basic classification of radiations, they include:
1 Particle radiation: This contains charged and neutral particles
2. Electromagnetic radiation: (Photon flow. 5G belongs to this group.)

We can classify radiations according to their biological effects on matter, here, we have two types of radiations: Ionizing and non ionizing radiations.

You must have heard these two in recent times, so what is ionizing and non ionizing radiations?
a. Ionizing radiations: This means radiation have enough energy to eject one electron from the atom of the crossed material.
b. Non ionizing radiation: Particle energy is not enough to eject one electron from the atom, therefore it is said to have lower ionizing potential.

Great, let's advance further. The next question is, at what energy is a particle considered as ionizing? I won't waste much time here, so let's concentrate on 5G and their corresponding energy.

I am a graduate student of Nuclear Engineering. And in one of our course called Interaction of Radiation with Matter, we discussed everything about ionizing and non ionizing radiation.
Therefore, for tissues/matter consisting of Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen (Which the human body fall under), radiations are considered as ionizing radiation if their energy is greater >> 12.4 eV (electron volt). The wavelength of such photon is 0.1um (micro meter). .

Using the relationship between energy and frequency, E = hf, I made a quick calculation and realized that the wavelength of such radiation must be 100nm (0.1um) and the frequency (Hz) is to the order of 3 x 10^15 hertz. We do know that the frequency of a 5G network (5 Giga hertz - 95 Giga hertz) and discovered that it's frequency is of the order of 10^9 hertz. which is million times lower than what is considered as ionizing. It therefore means that photons from a 5G network can never ionize the human body.

We know all these because to excite the electron from the ground state of a hydrogen atom to the first excitation state, you must have an energy of 13.6 eV. If you check the energy of a 5G wave, you will see it is approximately 0.00002 eV which is a million times lower than the fundamental energy of ionizing radiation.

Some persons have also linked it to cause cancer and the rest, this is not true. Of course there are two effects of radiations which is stochastic and deterministic effect. Deterministic effect occurs instantly and severity increases with radiation dose where as stochastic effect does not occur instantly but will take time to manifest.

Let me point out that, those who survived the Hiroshima and Nagazaki bomb blast and were followed in a study called Cohort Study, out of over 100k followed person, only about 2% died of cancer related cases which manifested about 50 years after the incident. Remember these people took many grays of highly ionizing radiations.

Whenever you take flight from a particular place to another, you have absorbed more ionizing radiations that someone living 20km from a nuclear power plant. When you take 1-9 cigarettes a day, you take same risk as someone who took a dose of 3.4Sv from a bomb blast.

To end it, 5G network is not an ionizing radiation, and poses no harm to the body, well not anyone that has been experience now. It will take many years for one to experience any such effect (Which to me is not possible). Some of us have done X-rays, if only you knew you stood against an ionizing radiation, and yet still healthy, you won't be talking about 5G network.

The words of MrPhysics grin grin grin
some should please help a starving brother, I haven't eating anything today and tomorrow is also my birthday which I know their may be no celebration for me but atleat I should be able to eat something cos this is not the time for celebration, I am ashame doing this but this is a very hard time for we Nigeria. Acc 2119301209 UBA ademuagun
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Sirwallace(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

@ the emboldened. If you don't have proofs, why not learn from the proofs that have been provided? Or you want to keep holding onto your conspiracy theory hoping it becomes true? Facts has been raised above, you read it and you don't want to believe it because you so much want yours to be true.

I read the guy assertion and I laugh at his ignorance. Imagine condemning a theory without any prove to counter it. Where he got the fake news of the chinese destroying their 5G mast is another misinformation.

Just like we have fools in Nigeria, they are many foolish people in the colonial masters countries like the idiots in Birmingham.

All my days in secondary school to the university, radiations with high ionization energy like alpha particles couple with the fastest of them all gamma rays and hard x-rays are dreaded radiations everybody was scared due to their energy and fast speed.

A common radio waves from 5G causing such damage and people fell for it just because one stupid senator and some cunny fraudster pastors bought into the silly conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Seunn11: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Its not an assumption, it’s elementary physics knowledge. You would have known this if you didn’t skip classes. 5G is a Radiowave and there are specific frequency range for
Radiowaves.

Everything you were taught in secondary school werent for fun, they were taught so you could reason beyond ridiculous unverifiable claims.

I have practical knowledge of radiation. Please go back and read what I wrote again.
You do not know for sure the various waves this contraption is equipped to emit. If it is only radio waves like you said, why do they need to have many towers in close proximity? THINK!
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by hajide(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
If truly we have great minds (like Op is posing) in our midst, how come our country is still this backward?...

The truth is: scientists even can't possibly know it all, only God is the All knowing. And even they can't be trusted cos they are more after their own personal gain than the well being of humanity.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by watexas(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
kissLol..
This one weak me ooo
kkins25:

everybody is fascinated at the birth of 5g, it is only nigeria that people think it is the devils handwork. my brother; sometimes i feel like in my previous life i was a bad person thats why i was sent to the slums of naija to receive discipline

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by GenghisAlexa1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
mako007:
Must we use 5g? If the populace don't feel safe using it, irrespective of being correct or not I think it's best for it to be discontinued for a while till the world heals then we can start trials and see. Haba!

I'm worried public opinion (educated by widespread conspiracy theory and ignorance) might eventually cause the rollout to be pushed back. But na to repackage am small pass.

This information age don really show say a huge chunk of humanity is dumb AF.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by AreaFada2: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
kkins25:

everybody is fascinated at the birth of 5g, it is only nigeria that people think it is the devils handwork. my brother; sometimes i feel like in my previous life i was a bad person thats why i was sent to the slums of naija to receive discipline
Dude, masts have been set on fire in Birmingham and Melling both in UK. Over Corona. We have serious idiots everywhere.

Later those idiots will use 5G the most to commit more idiocy online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by glowingflame7: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

Yeah, it's fine but you have to breathe well. We are all breathing in Nigeria, yet asking the government for amenities that will enable us breathe effectively.

For instance, I am in France, internet seem to be nothing here, telephone calls too, text messages. But in Nigeria, this is not the case. People pay high too for internet but get poor network, data that gets exhausted within hours.

You want us to keep living this way? Can you compare it's risk to the risk of driving from Abuja to Enugu or Lagos? How about the risk of driving from Abuja to Kaduna? Which one poses more risk than the other? 5G or the ones I mentioned?

5G. The others are a continuous choice. You have no choice with 5G.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by ChicagoBar(m): 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
See what the whole MOWE CDA , grin Pakuro road in Ogun state received from Dapo Abiodun

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Sirwallace(m): 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
chukzie2002:

The 5G doesn't cause Corona, continuous exposure to the radiation will leads to an infection that will make you require a vaccine thereby implanting the said chips into your body.

If you believe that crap, you need to get back your tuition from your school. Thats if you attend any.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by wasi9ice: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
The thing is too long abeg and so long as physics is mentioned l quickly went down to comment section to really understand what He meant. Lolzzz. , the terminologies too much abeg
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by mrphysics(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
Danniedpastor:

You don't have to pay attention to me because I've not said anything on the matter on ground.

I'm only saying that no human knowledge is perfect.

Don't forget that , America knew nothing about the Corona virus. That was because China concealed it from them.

The knowledge you have might just be a filtered version.

Stay blessed

Of course, I am just saying that what I wrote here is a basic knowledge, basic physics and one that those with understanding of what radiation is already know.

But you want me to join in the bandwagon of those who believe conspiracy theory such as this? From people that knows absolutely nothing about it. In my post, I didn't mention anything about China and US, it's non of my business.

I just concentrated on whether or not 5G is responsible for Covid-19? Which I have shown above to be false and an assertion that should be discarded by any sane person.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by canDy4eva(f): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
ThinkFreely:
If you read and understood everything the op said and you still come up with this then don’t expect any of your children to do well in school. They surely have something to pick from their mother l.

...naaa you got it all wrong my dear

The truth is, technology has destroyed more than it has helped. If not for laziness and greed why would humans go for things that would destroy in a sec.

Have you checked out life expectancy recently?

Everything is now going artificial just to make it faster!

It's so disheartening.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Seunn11: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:
@OP,

Another aspect you need to look at is effect of this radiation on items that humans use to package food items. Such items include polymer. For your information, polymers require low amount of energy, on relative terms, to ionize them. A piece of bread in such nylon which is exposed to such radiation may cause excitation that you referred to. The ions thus liberated may activate certain kind of effects in human bodies especially in the gullet and lung.
Please, do not be in a haste to defend a new technology.

OP,
Things are not always what they seem.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Geeflow(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
harmful or harmless,we say we no want... even your slave masters are destroying the ones they have.
or want to tell me you are now civilized than your slave masters?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by sonnie10: 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

I have studied the effects of radiation on cells, DNA, and the creation of radicals of ions whose life times are so small and can cause mutation. However, these are ionizing radiations.

Well, like I said, EMF of the order of 5 Ghz can not ionize the body, it does not posses enough energy to rip off electrons on DNAs. It can only cause vibrations or heating which is so insignificant that it may never be noticed.

All those tests of course would show you such possibilities on cells at a very nano or pico level.

Have you heard about Cohort Studies? It is a life span study on survivors of Hiroshima Nagazaki bomb blast. We have that only 2% of those who have died died of cancer related issues. This is after 50 years. Most of the survivors are still living.

What that guy is trying to explain has even proved wrong by the use of MRI for human body imaging. At the early stage, scientists were concerned about the interaction of the electromagnetic waves with the protons within the cells of the human body. They were particularly worried about the reorientation of this proton part of the cell during MRI procedures.

A lot of studies have been done in this regard and there is no evidence of such harmful effect.
Up until now, there is no report of people having any adverse reactions from electromagnetic effect non ionizing radiation source like MRI when used in safe manner, how much more 5G technology.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by glowingflame7: 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Microwave radiation is just next to radio waves. We all know microwave can cook in 3minutes. For those saying radio waves are not harmful on the basis that they are not x-ray or alpha ray.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

How Much Sex Is Too Much Sex? / 5 Natural Ways To Treat Premature Ejaculation / Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.