Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? (69419 Views)

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts / Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) / What Causes Acha Ere, Leg Cancer Or Leg Ulcer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Dollabiz: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazy people they are talking about 5g when 4G hasn’t even reached upto 5percent across nigeria
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Staphylococcus: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:

Can you explain the need for close proximity of the 5G towers?

It's due to latency which only play in areas where required. And possibly, when their is enough growth and traffic in certain clusters, this will be deployed. This are the scenerios where millimeter waves will be deployed. Bigger bandwidths and faster transmission.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Seunn11: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Thanks for taking your time to explain. Though have not read comments, I know some lots will still tell say gibberish despite your outlined facts.

This is a practical test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2t1dUCyE0I#

Is this a joke?
What is now the effectiveness of a telecommunications equipment that just at the base of it, the signal had dropped to about 1 % of operating limit? It looked like a doctored experiment!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Seunn11: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
Staphylococcus:

It's due to latency which only play in areas where required. And possibly, when their is enough growth and traffic in certain clusters, this will be deployed. This are the scenerios where millimeter waves will be deployed. Bigger bandwidths and faster transmission.

Explain millimeter waves!
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by heysquare(m): 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
mako007:

Bro I'm texting you via 3G right now, 5G doesn't guarantee we won't have network problem, stay woke!

I'm not into the theory of 5g being the cause for covid-19 outbreak or not , I'm only saying since this same 5g is for the people and the people don't trust it in these perilous time when all we want is just to breathe then it should be discontinued till this outbreak is fully contained. Government of the people, for the people and by the people, right?
They don't want it because it's not originated from the west. The propaganda is from the west against East ( China)
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by otokx(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dollabiz:
Crazy people they are talking about 5g when 4G hasn’t even reached upto 5percent across nigeria

3g is not even in all urban centres in Nigeria, we need more than 2x the number of base stations.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Staphylococcus: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:

Is this a joke?
What is now the effectiveness of a telecommunications equipment that just at the base of it, the signal had dropped to about 1 % of operating limit? It looked like a doctored experiment!!!

Do you expect radiation to be constant over space? The point is that, as at point of contact, radiation has already dropped. Like your usual WiFi signal... From source, it fades across distance

And note that the single antenna you see covers a vast pie area so it not that it serving only you. Hundreds of users can connect via just that single antenna.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by sonnie10: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

I did already, as usual, you don't want to believe it grin grin grin

Here in France for instance, the background dose rate is about 4.5mSv. Same dose rate that people around the Fukushima region refused to go back to. But here, everyone is enjoying their life, even under such low dose rate.

You should be talking about the ionizing radiation those that frequently take flights are under? Those should be your major concern and not the harmless 5G frequency.

There is no way you are going to explain these things that a person who is not willing to learn for him to understand.

At a point during my days at school, the lecturer had to use very simple illustration to explain the effect of radiation on human DNA.

He made us wrote the words CAT, RAT, BAT ( which are the normal spelling for the animal cat, rat and bat). These he told us to consider as the normal nucleotides in the DNA.

Then he showed us what happens when ionizing radiation interacts with this nucleotides.
Mutation or fragmentation could occur, resulting in the letters being rearranged. As an illustration, we then saw how we could now have non existing words like CAA , TAM, RTB when those normal nucleotides are destructed by ionizing radiation. These are precursor to cancers. That is how cancer occurs from exposure to harmful sources of radiation.

In this case, the radio frequency in 5G technology not being an ionizing radiation does not have the short wave property to be absorb by body tissue let alone break the protein bond that binds those nucleotides.

This is the most basic form of a layman’s explanation to the effect of radiation on DNA.

3 Likes

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by sonnie10: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I'm not talking about coronavirus. I'm talking about the general effect. All what you have written so far is still theory. You have shown no proof.
Read my last post
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Uwaiwe: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
sonnie10:

@ at Uranium, lol. Even nuclear radioactive capsules used in Nuclear medicine is highly guarded and totally accounted for. Some comments here are so ridiculous. Do they think a robust and powerful organization like international atomic energy would sit around and watch people mess around with these things?
Relax have you heard of "source" used in O&G industry? Do you know how highly radioactive and DNA altering it is ? And how people are unknowingly exposed to it in the industry today? We are in strange times and strange things are happening in the world today. We need to be open minded and stop swallowing whatever the develop world makes us to believe.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Staphylococcus: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:

Explain millimeter waves!

"Millimeter waves are electromagnetic (radio) waves typically defined to lie within the frequency range of 30–300 GHz. ... The millimeter-wave band thus corresponds to a wavelength range of 10 mm at 30 GHz decreasing to 1 mm at 300 GHz."

They are also non ionizing but have the capacity to move higher bandwidths at faster rate. The constrain about it is area coverage. Millimeter waves can barely shoot past 100meters and same time have low penetrating power. It can't even go through a a building or glass.

The misinformation about it is that people believe because it delivers much, it's deadly, but it's false...

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by IDnoble1: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skyfornia:
SMH...

I have noticed with increase how some certain people on this forum abuse other individuals whose views are contrary to their own belief or dogma instead of expressing their arguments in a more mature and reasonable way.

A journey through some of their previous comments you will also notice that some of these abusers are Atheists and people addicted to hard substances.

You go about pouring out your vituperations on every thread, creating nuisance and getting supports from your kinds...for your mind you feel say you be James Bond.

Now to the business of the day..

Some of you believe that some radiations can can attack a cell in human body.

You believe that consistent usage of x-ray machines can cause harm to the body.

You uses phones that recognizes your thumb, eyes and face and respond instantly.

You've seen or believe there's a technology that detects when someone lied.

Yet you find it difficult to believe that a technology such as 5G is harmful to humans or cannot have negative effects to a human body? Now I'm not saying that I have a proof of it's danger but the possibility cannot be neglected.

Your claim is that 5G is a non-ionizing radiation yet ultraviolet rays, Microwave which also are among the non-ionizing radiation are reported in most cases to be harmful to humans and animals.

Chinese, the originators of 5G are busy destroying the masts and you are inside your small village abusing and cussing them.

Your colonial masters are determined to destroy all 5G programs in their territories, and you that studied physics in one local university in Nigeria is out here exposing your ignorance.

I weep for you.
Leave them oooo.
I love you for this response bror.
Their case is similar to someone who doesn't mind the consequences of a thing but just after the huge and uncommon pleasure of it.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Maestro21: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seunn11:

Is this a joke?

You are right, it is a doctored experiment. It is like someone trying to prove that Coke is better than Pepsi and then drinks the Pepsi, throws up on video and says "you see, Pepsi is bad".
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by MrCEO69(m): 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
mrphysics:

It will help you because as it stands now, Nigeria does not have enough network to conduct online lectures or even to follow. Most Nigerians depend on big mb and Midnight to be able to make huge download.

If you keep relying on low network such as 4G, you will only be living in the past. Whereas the world is advancing, you guys are drawing us backwards, yet believe most of the magic performed by some fake pastors.

You guys won't stop drawing us backwards yet turn around to blame the government for lack of development.
so u want to say we have 4g in Nigeria, i laugh. shey na same 4g they use worldwide and it is fast. we dont hv full functioning 4g but 3.5g. so 5g is not going to be that felt in Nigeria yet.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by richkal(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
kkins25:

everybody is fascinated at the birth of 5g, it is only nigeria that people think it is the devils handwork. my brother; sometimes i feel like in my previous life i was a bad person thats why i was sent to the slums of naija to receive discipline

@bolded crossed my mind sometimes, I thought I was the only one until I read you comment. sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Maestro21: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Staphylococcus:

[s]"Millimeter waves are electromagnetic (radio) waves typically defined to lie within the frequency range of 30–300 GHz. ... The millimeter-wave band thus corresponds to a wavelength range of 10 mm at 30 GHz decreasing to 1 mm at 300 GHz."

They are also non ionizing but have the capacity to move higher bandwidths at faster rate. The constrain about it is area coverage. Millimeter waves can barely shoot past 100meters and same time have low penetrating power. It can't even go through a a building or glass. [/s]

The misinformation about it is that people believe because it delivers much, it's deadly, but it's false...

Proof. Bring solid proofs let people study and compare.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skyfornia:
SMH...

I have noticed with increase how some certain people on this forum abuse other individuals whose views are contrary to their own belief or dogma instead of expressing their arguments in a more mature and reasonable way.

A journey through some of their previous comments you will also notice that some of these abusers are Atheists and people addicted to hard substances.

You go about pouring out your vituperations on every thread, creating nuisance and getting supports from your kinds...for your mind you feel say you be James Bond.

You uses phones that recognizes your thumb, eyes and face and respond instantly.

Yet you find it difficult to believe that a technology such as 5G is harmful to humans or cannot have negative effects to a human body? Now I'm not saying that I have a proof of it's danger but the possibility cannot be neglected.

Your claim is that 5G is a non-ionizing radiation yet ultraviolet rays, Microwave which also are among the non-ionizing radiation are reported in most cases to be harmful to humans and animals.

Chinese, the originators of 5G are busy destroying the masts and you are inside your small village abusing and cussing them.

Your colonial masters are determined to destroy all 5G programs in their territories, and you that studied physics in one local university in Nigeria is out here exposing your ignorance.

I weep for you.

U are swimming in self inflicted ignorance.

""Your colonial masters are determined to destroy all 5G programs in their territories, and you that studied physics in one local university in Nigeria is out here exposing your ignorance""

This is as daft as it gets.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
mako007:
Must we use 5g? If the populace don't feel safe using it, irrespective of being correct or not I think it's best for it to be discontinued for a while till the world heals then we can start trials and see. Haba!

Why are u using 4G and 3G?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
mako007:

Bro I'm texting you via 3G right now, 5G doesn't guarantee we won't have network problem, stay woke!

I'm not into the theory of 5g being the cause for covid-19 outbreak or not , I'm only saying since this same 5g is for the people and the people don't trust it in these perilous time when all we want is just to breathe then it should be discontinued till this outbreak is fully contained. Government of the people, for the people and by the people, right?

Few idiots who dont trust 5G are just morons who avoid the opinions of scientists who produced the 5G and listen only to their pastors who knows absolutely nothing about technology.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Maestro21: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
benji93:
Well said, although the energy per photon may be low as you suggested. There are elastic waves called Phonons that manifest as vibrations in materials. We know Photon energy can be converted into Phonon energy. As such the question you should ask yourself is, is ionization the only way materials can be made to change their behavior? The physics of metals tells us that the electrons are delocalized and require very little energy to start moving around. Although the biological materials the body is made of are neither purely metallic, insulating nor semi-conducting, they do exhibit some metallic, semiconducting and insulating behavior, to different degrees, which may vary at a particular part of the body at different times. If that's the case, moving the electrons around often than not may constitute a problem, especially because the frequencies are concentrated around our bodies. Also given that different parts of a given part of the body may consist of different biological materials, there's no telling how phonon energy could affect the vibration of different parts of that part. Usually, when i place my phone in my back pocket, i feel so uncomfortable with the heat, that I usually have to put it elsewhere. The long and short of it is that, although ionization radiations are dangerous, especially because they are immediate, there's no telling how dangerous non-ionizing radiations are in this context, in the long run, especially if they activate a chain of irreversible processes in the body, especially because of the complex nature of the biological material composition of our body. The arguments I have made are just some perspectives, there could be others. The effect of these radiations on biological materials is something we are still learning about. Thus, while you may be correct in your assertion that the 5G frequencies are no ionization radiations, ignoring the other ramifications is a problem.

This is an intelligent post.

1 Like

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
mako007:

We just want to breathe.
Are u not breathing now Do u lack oxygen?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by martooski(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Maestro21: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
Oracle23:

Why are u using 4G and 3G?

That is like asking, if people use hot water to shower or bathe, what's wrong in just going into fire.

And you are calling people names because you think 3G, 4G and 5G are in progressions of severity and ionisation potential. LOL
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
GamalNasser:
As regards COVID 19 nobody is saying 5g causes cancer or spreads virus we are saying milimetre waves have been proven to suppress immune systems and affect biological being by many credible research and if this is so then why try to pass it off as completely safe ...it's is very misleading of you to use 5g FR1as your standard because 5g FR1 clearly doesn't depoly milimetre waves as the 5g we are talking of because most of the cities correlated with high infections and mortality deployed 5g FR2 at the 24ghz minimums ..For those who don't know the difference 5g FR1 is the attempt to transmit 5g using existing 4g hardware at no more than 6ghz ( which is still the frequency ceiling for 4g) and the results are just meagre 15% improvement to the capacity of 4g ..this was not the model of 5g transmission used in WUHAN , Italy and Newyork , london where where we have seen bandoleer 100 -200 metre FR2 street level antenna set up for transmission at 24ghz and more ... Below is are abstract highlights of research on Mice exposed to milimetre wave at a frequency of 24ghz at 10 watts and be the judge

I have also attached except of research on possible side effects of milimetre waves

Why are u young 4G?
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by sonnie10: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Uwaiwe:

Relax have you heard of "source" used in O&G industry? Do you know how highly radioactive and DNA altering it is ? And how people are unknowingly exposed to it in the industry today? We are in strange times and strange things are happening in the world today. We need to be open minded and stop swallowing whatever the develop world makes us to believe.
There is no way that any company would not have very strict standard training, precaution , PPE and procedure regarding the use of such materials. What is OSHA for then.
Those who go against these standards cannot blame anybody for their injury. Any trading in such field tells you what you can and cannot do. If the safety standards are not enough to protect workers, those processes would never be approved for use by any O&A.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jh0wsef:
I wish they could isolate this OP with one of these 5G masts.. When they open the door, even your teeth for don melt finish gringrin

Believe it or not. That 5G radiation no be here at all

Present proof pls.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by willyjacs(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skyfornia:
SMH...

I weep for you.
did u watch a UK minister's outrage on people linking the 5G to covid 19 nd cancer yesterday
He tagged them stupid nd nonsense.

South Korea Don dey use 5G since 2017

I nor know where u see Chinese government destroying 5G structures(Another make up video I guess)

Even persons vandalizing 5g structures in UK are ignorant people who reasons like u too, believes everything they read.

3g come una happy, 4G come una happy
Now them Don use conspiracy theories cover 5G,una believe...

U think people creating it don't check on its possibility of harming people before creating it??

U think don't know if it's this harmful, other scientists will fish it out nd their market go spoil

Even US that was against China creating it before them, nor be because of disease.... Their claims was that it will add international spies nd criminals access somethings...
Even UK adopted for testing and it was tested successfully last year.

Now a degree has been dropped... Anyone found vandalizing any of its properties in UK,na jail he dey go.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Staphylococcus: 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
Maestro21:

Proof. Bring solid proofs let people study and compare.

What solid proof do I need to give you. Do some work about it and of you have a problem, you can get back.

I can't be running a lab test for you when am not being paid. Incase you might want to patronize my expertise, I can deliver clear cut test results to you.

But what have said was just the actual fact. You have been exposed to more telecoms radiation than you can imagine. It's the only ones you see that you complain about. You have been to enclosures that you even not know what's running, but you just make your calls and burn up data thinking the antenna serving you is far off from you. And it's just right above your head.
Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mkmoney:
5G is a no go area for now

U couldn't even read the article.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
chukzie2002:

With our 4G we are doing that successfully sir. Must we go for 5G with the intent of planting chips in our bodies and turn us to machines?

U people are incurable...especially the educated ones

2 Likes

Re: 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Maestro21:

That is like asking, if people use hot water to shower or bathe, what's wrong in just going into fire.

And you are calling people names because you think 3G, 4G and 5G are in progressions of severity and ionisation potential. LOL

¿¿¿

I DONT THINK U UNDERSTOOD MY POST.

Reread again and dont forget to read what I replied to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

5 Natural Ways To Treat Premature Ejaculation / Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free / Unclaimed Corpses At State Hospital, Otta In Ogun Buried (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.