Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (27435 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.

Allow them. There is no monopoly on religious stupidity. See them proudly comparing themselves to savage Alimajiris.

Those dumb illiterate louts are breaking the law, so therefore I an, educated enlightened smart person am also entitled to break the law.

MOG logic
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by blowjohn(m): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
this is exactly what i want to see, you have done well.

Now what do you think about this, is it right or wrong?
If this is wrong why should Christians follow suit, do Christians want to be like animals too?

Please stay at home

Christians should not. Wrong at this time.
Please stay safe
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Norabay(f): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by valirex: 11:30am On Apr 05, 2020
fairview:

Do u have the evidence. As a Christian bible is against lie. Share the evidence here for everybody to see. You can call your congregation and pastor to hold service but I will never listen to such call from G.O

As a muslim the Koran is in support of lies so am not surprised as you are here using Taqiyah
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2020
smeag0l:
That verse isnt talking about just the congregationbut includes the government

Ok. Dats your interpretation right? So how come those terrorists disobey govt? Don't they read their Quran?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Norabay:
Akwa ibom
Oh you're an akwa ibom girl
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:35am On Apr 05, 2020
mvem:
toh!...so both Churches and Mosques are closed ?
Yeah. But the streets and neighbourhood mosques remain open to prayers and they've threatened to burn any church dat opens till they're allowed to hold jumaat
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by teepain: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2020
BeerParlour:

Federal government shares money in the North while police and military are extorting and killing the Southerners.

I have read about this claim somewhere and I saw an attached picture. However, there was nothing to show whether it was the FG or State government that was sharing money. Do you have better sources that can confirm that FG was responsible. Thanks in advance.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by desiredhome: 11:39am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.
Obidient is better than sacrifice.....
Obey the authority in power and remove sentiments.......that A is doing something doesn't make it right or for you to follow suit
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Cantonese: 11:40am On Apr 05, 2020
destinie2019:

There should be Christianity for Christians on Nairaland as well. The muslims detest outsiders commenting on their thread.
EXTEND THE COURTESY TO CHRISTIANS.
I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FAITH. IT IS ANNOYING THAT NAIRALAND ENCOURAGES INSULTS ON THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by recklesslove: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2020
Imagine the nonsense. Mosques are open in the North. Kontagora and Rijau local government in Niger State . See this terrorist talking

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Codes151(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:

Then you have no business saying what you are saying in public except you have evidence
i didn’t say anything did I, only responded to someone.

And bro. Infact it’s not my biz
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Otunba2004:
I can tell u for free Christian flout this order than Muslim through my research, agege mosque in Lagos, central mosque in Adamawa and one mosque in kano.and all these mosques was shut down by government, infact some churches have been holding services since government shut down Lagos especially in those remote areas go to oke Aro,matogun,ijegun and see what am saying by yourself mind u I am a Christian,I know what I am saying so stop being stupid.
Your research is a bloody lie!! Have you been to the north?

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by govaz(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2020
Odunharry:
Everyone should obey it. u Churches or Mosques
I concur.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AngelicBeing: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.
grin
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by bilulu(m): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
just like bishop oyedepos winners chapel opened in one of those Sundays?

This is illegal!
When he opened 2 sundays back was it not the same northerners who called for his arrest? Has anyone called for the arrest of those muslims still praying in their mosques or those ones protesting in Jo's and Katsina?

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by freeman131: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2020
If you ask me seun is an antichristian
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by luluman: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.
What happened to the Agege mosque in lagos, better shut up if you dont read news.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ABCthingx: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Then you should have just advised Christians instead of attacking Pastors. When will you so-called Christians get sense that attacking pastors on SM brings Christianity into more disrepute.
Sense has abandoned those ones grin
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by luluman: 11:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:

The mosque was shut down because the worshippers attacked the Lagos State Task Force
You be mumu, what lead to the attack? It's because they challenged them for holding a human prayer during lockdown.And they started throwing objects at the taskforce members shouting allahuakbar.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by luluman: 11:58am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

What were the Task Force doing at the mosque? Therein lies your answer.

Whatever, it still doesn't give Christians the excuse to go to church. By the time Muslims start dropping dead, which I don't pray for, the rest will give themselves brain.

If Mecca could be shut down, then don't you think it is stupid for a local mosque to function in these times?
Agreed. Leta any stubborn member die he is OHO
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by desiredhome: 11:58am On Apr 05, 2020
BeerParlour:
No Imam have been arrested since the lockdown but Pastors have been arrested, members flogged.

Muslims in Benue Jos and Bauchi pray at mosques and dare the police to arrest them.

Muslims in Katsina attacked and burnt an entire police station, including all their vehicles in the station, just because police were trying to prevent them from praying at mosques.

Federal government shares money in the North while police and military are extorting and killing the Southerners.

Obidient is better than sacrifice......
Propaganda destroys more than coronavirus
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
eguarojeona:
it's all politics of dominance.If Muslims get the virus they don't live in a vacuum they will infect Christians too.They just want y'all to see they are above the law."more" and feared than Christians.And Christians are falling for it.Christians are the ones telling other Christians and abusing them to stop going to church.You see any educated Muslim telling Muslims to stay at home.Or you think they are not educated.Lol
God bless you for dis
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by chaloskyx: 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
churches dont need to fear or obey any one pastors abe above and beyond mere mortals like ourselves and should be allowed to carry on their business their congregation should be allowed to attend church services las las they would get the virus and bring it to their pastor for healing. it is then they would know the true nature of their so called pastors
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by simondee93(m): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Let every person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God’s appointment.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by simondee93(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Because the Churches and pastors were easier preys than their muslims counterparts
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Let every person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God’s appointment.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
luluman:
What happened to the Agege mosque in lagos, better shut up if you dont read news.
idiot!
pig!
Must you add insult to your comment?

Nonsense!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Vicilo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.

Am not in support of d so called pastor opening Church service to endanger members. To ur point u should no that Agege central mosque held prayer and even fought covig-19 task forces and chased them away when they tried to stop then. When u want to address any issue if this magnitude, always try not to compare, tackle d issue at hand
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
bilulu:

When he opened 2 sundays back was it not the same northerners who called for his arrest? Has anyone called for the arrest of those muslims still praying in their mosques or those ones protesting in Jo's and Katsina?
must Christians join Muslims and be doing nonsense what is the competition all about?

Stay at home foolish Muslims are observing jumat or whatever they call it and you Christians too want to go to church?

Where is then the sense of leadership of Christianity over Islam, where will the hope come from?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
ABCthingx:
On behalf of the Black Men Community (BMC). We say we are truly sorry and would like to start worshipping you ASAP.

Please forgive us. We're truly sorry. cry

-Cheifman BMO

I don't need you to worship me, and quit been stupid everyday of your life
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Vicilo:

Am not in support of d so called pastor opening Church service to endanger members. To ur point u should no that Agege central mosque held prayer and even fought covig-19 task forces and chased them away when they tried to stop then. When u want to address any issue if this magnitude, always try not to compare, tackle d issue at hand
my comparison is pointing out a thing,Christians should be more responsible than Muslims and not the other way round.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hopzin:
look at this fool!
I guest to much excessive headslamming to you Arabian gods have make you not to reason well.

Does the Arab Muslim recognised you black Yoruba Muslim as genius Muslim.

Those your god look black to you too. Mumu!

Those your god even recognised you culture or heritage. I know your name will be one of those Arabian name. You people are so brain wash to see you are practicing other people culture, you are even allowed to have you tribe name. Nonsense

You god that is a rapist and an unrepented child molester.

That is why it encourage it follower to be paedophile!

Don't even let me start exposing your paedophile prophet Muhammad(your god)

I want ask you question?
At what age was Aisha before you prophet Muhammad(your god) married her.

.........little child Aisha must have gone through a lot in the hand of Muhammad prick

There is only two way you can became a Muslim in is world. 1. Born in to a Muslim home 2. Through jahadi(forceful convertion). No body in this right will wish to covert to Islam except (1) or (2) method above

Islam would have been a ghosted religion by now if not for it dead threat against many of it follower who want to leaving.

My gosh! What kind of powerless and defenceless god you service that asked it followers to behead and attack who criticise him.
Can't you see your god and religion is a SCAM!

IT EVEN CLAIM TO BE A RELIGION OF PISS

God why am I sharing same country with this kind of people. God why! Why! Why!

Like I said earlier, you are a pretty stupid person. Yall hatred for one another is very funny. In my useless and bigoted mind, am a Muslim because of my comment. Its obvious your head isn't only empty and you are a top of the line zombie

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.