Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (27433 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by temptnow: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2020
But the Boko Haram people should continue their own prayers every Friday right?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by GreatResearcher: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
Codes151:
i should go to mosque and post pictures?
Post a link or shutup
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Iyiataata92: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
moscobabs:

Op warning is for the believers not for unbelievers.
And I would appreciate it much if you can define who believers and unbelievers are
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by oneTIMEman(m): 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.
Bauchi centry mosque was open on friday
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ominirajj: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.
Mosalashi Alhaja at Agege Lagos State opened on Fridays but thanks to our Governor Babajide Sanwolu who shut the mosque down and locked it up

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by esegift93: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
All the mosques in my area are opened,they conduct their prayers everyday n it's always full to capacity.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AgentNairaland(f): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2020
Churches Obeyed Govt Directives.. Slaves As I Heard From Nigeria Still Observed Five Times Solat

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by CYBERWEAVER(m): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2020
Religiously how many mosque are obeying government rules, but safety first

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Jimmyubah2: 8:29am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
i'm a Christian let's say the truth. There are more cases of churches closed for flaunting the government sit at home order than mosques.

Infact, there were more pastors arrested than imams for this disobedience.
That is true. In the North where I live, churches are closed but mosques are operating like no man's business.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:
I recently read that a very popular pastor in Nigeria spoke against the arrest of pastors who disobeyed the social distancing order by the government by holding services of more than 50 people. His argument is that the pastors were arrested just as Jesus and his disciples were arrested for doing what government warned against.

Both instances are quite different from each other. Jesus and his disciples were arrested by the government for upholding God's commandments and testimonies. These pastors on the other hand were arrested for disobeying the government who hasn't stopped them from upholding God's commandments.

The lockdown and social distancing order by the government is not a persecution of Christianity as some are trying to paint it. It is truly what it is - the protection of people which is by curbing the spread of COVID-19.

If some people say Christianity is persecuted because Churches aren't allowed to hold services in the regular manner, what about night clubs, sports stadiums, concert halls, restaurants, buses, schools etc? Can those ones also cry of persecution?

The government is simply trying to protect the citizens by ensuring that the number of people infected with COVID-19 doesn't increase. Perhaps, it's when people start dropping dead that stubborn folks will understand the government's effort.

Any pastor that tries to cramp his church with a crowd is wicked and should be arrested for endangering lives and aiding the spread of the virus.

Some may say "God will protect us, so we must have faith in that by gathering as usual". That is a wrong thing to say because it means you are tempting God. God steps in when there's nothing else you can do to protect yourself. But when you have measures or escape route and still decide to walk into evil because you think God will protect you, then you will be punished.

Proverbs 22:3
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Don't tempt God, obey the government's guidelines towards battling this virus. It is not compulsory you gather in a build before you worship God. You can worship God individually at home because God is everywhere and can see you.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

The only time you can disobey government's order as a Christian is when they are telling you to disobey God's word. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were told by their government to bow before a statue. They refuse because it was against God's commandment.

Exodus 25:4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The three young man refused to obey the government's order because it goes against God's word. Then knew the punishment the government would visit then with. They knew God could deliver them from it because they couldn't deliver themselves. The only other way out of the punishment is by disobeying God. They didn't want that route so they trusted in God.

Daniel 3:17
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king

Don't let any false pastor expose your life to danger of the virus. The worst thing is that when you get infected, same pastors who hold stage-managed miracles in large stadiums won't be able to perform a miracle to heal you because they are false prophets who don't know God.

Stay at home and stay away from conspiracy theories. Read the Bible.

You see how stupid you black Christians are. You worship a god that doesn't look like you, you uploaded a picture of your god and his supposed angels and they all turned out to be white. Why did you change the picture? You guys are bunch of retards worshipping a god that doesn't even know and believe in your existence. A god given to you by the same people that raped, chained, killed, slaved etc your forefathers. Shame!!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by holajeedayy: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:
I recently read that a very popular pastor in Nigeria spoke against the arrest of pastors who disobeyed the social distancing order by the government by holding services of more than 50 people. His argument is that the pastors were arrested just as Jesus and his disciples were arrested for doing what government warned against.

Both instances are quite different from each other. Jesus and his disciples were arrested by the government for upholding God's commandments and testimonies. These pastors on the other hand were arrested for disobeying the government who hasn't stopped them from upholding God's commandments.

The lockdown and social distancing order by the government is not a persecution of Christianity as some are trying to paint it. It is truly what it is - the protection of people which is by curbing the spread of COVID-19.

If some people say Christianity is persecuted because Churches aren't allowed to hold services in the regular manner, what about night clubs, sports stadiums, concert halls, restaurants, buses, schools etc? Can those ones also cry of persecution?

The government is simply trying to protect the citizens by ensuring that the number of people infected with COVID-19 doesn't increase. Perhaps, it's when people start dropping dead that stubborn folks will understand the government's effort.

Any pastor that tries to cramp his church with a crowd is wicked and should be arrested for endangering lives and aiding the spread of the virus.

Some may say "God will protect us, so we must have faith in that by gathering as usual". That is a wrong thing to say because it means you are tempting God. God steps in when there's nothing else you can do to protect yourself. But when you have measures or escape route and still decide to walk into evil because you think God will protect you, then you will be punished.

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Don't tempt God, obey the government's guidelines towards battling this virus. It is not compulsory you gather in a build before you worship God. You can worship God individually at home because God is everywhere and can see you.

The only time you can disobey government's order as a Christian is when they are telling you to disobey God's word. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were told by their government to bow before a statue. They refuse because it was against God's commandment.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The three young man refused to obey the government's order because it goes against God's word. Then knew the punishment the government would visit then with. They knew God could deliver them from it because they couldn't deliver themselves. The only other way out of the punishment is by disobeying God. They didn't want that route so they trusted in God.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king

Don't let any false pastor expose your life to danger of the virus. The worst thing is that when you get infected, same pastors who hold stage-managed miracles in large stadiums won't be able to perform a miracle to heal you because they are false prophets who don't know God.

Ogbeni are u just waking up from corona sleep this is an old news...,also this man only arrest the pastor why is he noting arresting anybody in the mosque in maitama for the mater ....the video is online .,that god for social media
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Rootprof(m): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
Churches should close BUT some mosque in the north still observed jummat despite the government directives. Op even qoutes Bible verses undecided have said it many times If Christianity will fall its fellow Christian that will bring it down.
Am not saying Christian's should go against the government but let the government be sure and prove to use the law or directive is for all and no exemption, arrest the north imams too and let us all see it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Iyiataata92: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
johnmattew:
the only mosque in my area has been on lockdown even b4 the lockdown began....but the churches in my area ,even 5he one owned by my neighbour are still having services
where is your area?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You see how stupid you black Christians are. You worship a god that doesn't look like you, you uploaded a picture of your god and his supposed angels and they all turned out to be white. Why did you change the picture? You guys are bunch of retards worshipping a god that doesn't even know and believe in your existence. A god given to you by the same people that raped, chained, killed, slaved etc your forefathers. Shame!!
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by tomju(m): 8:31am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
OP, Churches have closed down while Mosques continue to hold services. Are you not still ok with that?
What more do you hold against Churches?
A mosque in Agege held just prayers during lockdown and they were promptly dispersed and the leaders arrested. Stop peddling false information and cause religious hatred.
There is no justification for civil disobedience. The church of God is not a building but in you.
Stop justifying what is wrong. Stay at home is not a punishment, it's a precaution. If anyone or organised religion decides to put her own members at risk, should you also put yours?
Wisdom is profitable to direct. The is a lion on the loose from the zoo. The government just announce no one should walk a particular street until the lion is captured and tamed. You say no na lie. We are anointed men of God, Daniel stopped the mouth of lion blah blah blah, then you led your members on revival into that same street, uncle Lion go chop una sara. That's a willful act of disobedience. The prudent sees danger, then conceals himself. That is from proverbs. Happy Sunday everyone. Remember God hears us from anywhere. Keep praying. Be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by seedorfg(m): 8:31am On Apr 05, 2020
Muslim or Christian, stay at home, avoid social gathering .

It won't kill you ...
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Jimmyubah2: 8:32am On Apr 05, 2020
AgentNairaland:
Churches Obeyed Govt Directives.. Slaves As I Heard From Nigeria Still Observed Five Times Solat
It's even 10 times now. These niggers are f*cking bigots. Central and small small mosques are open for prayers 24/7.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by smeag0l(m): 8:32am On Apr 05, 2020
When I see Christian's argue on things like this, I shake my head in dismay. That all the churches in Nigeria are shutdown while all mosques still hold their services still doesnt make it right for churches to keep holding services. The government passed a regulation for all public places to be shutdown in order to contain the corona virus contagion. Any pastor or imam who disobeys this is committing sin in my opinion because obedience to constituted authorities is clear in both the bible and Quran. That religious leader can even be charged to court for manslaughter if be reason of him congregating people, some become infected and die of the virus. I also dont see anything antagonistic of the christian faith in OP's post.

4 Likes

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by blowjohn(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:

What are u saying. It was reported here on nairaland how mosques in bauchi flouted the order
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.

I tell you.

Yes, all those people doing religious services, by the time covid hits them, they will get some sense.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Azmanaty: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.

Oga, I stay in abuja and there's still morning prayers going on here by 5am in the mosques. Even evening prayers

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AgentNairaland(f): 8:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

It's even 10 times now. These niggers are f*cking bigots. Central and small small mosques are open for prayers 24/7.

That's bad.. Well I won't blame them Muhammad on many occasions while alive kicked against allah's Directives
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Iyiataata92: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2020
ghettokid1:
Its only in Africa that they will say " Everybody Should Stay Indoor" and everybody will come out to check whether there is anybody outside
Abeg no kill me with laugh this early morning oo. I still dey for bed oo
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
OP, Churches have closed down while Mosques continue to hold services. Are you not still ok with that?
op obviously is a Moslem
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by blowjohn(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2020
makjo900:

Who be this rabid dog again?
A fool says in his heart, there is no God
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Clothingonline9(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2020
Mosque � in my area in Lagos still hold prayer churches should still open allow only 29-50 members only depending on the capacity
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by pennywys(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
In your ignorant mind you think that the OP is against the church
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Jimmyubah2: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2020
AgentNairaland:

That's bad.. Well I won't blame them Muhammad on many occasions while alive kicked against allah's Directives
Brainwashed niggers.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Chris2863(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2020
Oluromantic:

Kindly tell Nigerians when and how God gave the commandments to the government and who's the government earpiece that heard from God...

You sound as if d government has the interest of Nigerians in mind.. they're only concerned because they don't have the financial capacity to carry out their responsibilities if the number escalates and there's no way to fly abroad if the top officials are left to face the risk of large spread. If they had escape options, there won't be such strict laws on churches. Everyone including pastors and church members already know beforehand that they're on their own.

You're very funny. Has Nigerian government ever done anything for the benefit of the common man before? How I wish this happening during election campaign and voting season, then you'll understand that you're just a tool to the government whether virus is staring you on the face or not. The pastors know they're on their own in Nigeria, they're used to it, so little wonder they don't give a damn about govt laws. In fact some of the pastors offer better welfare for their members than the so-called govt.
You are the greatest fool I have ever seen
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem8381: 8:38am On Apr 05, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.