Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (27434 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by luluman: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
idiot!
pig!
Must you add insult to your comment?

Nonsense!
I only advise you to keep your mouth shut if you dont have points to table, but you turn it to insult, typical of those who dont have valid point (people known as Olodos) but can only insult others. NB: I did not insult you o,I only gave the class you belong to. grin
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Johnsinia(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
the essence of the government to close down these institutions is it not for the yiuths to stay at home?
If the youths in your area are playing football rather than staying at home and by so doing they get the virus it's their fault, the government have warned that everyone should stay at home it's left for them to obey
It's not just youths in my area, even in yours, everywhere in Nigeria. Nobody is keeping any social distancing including you, including the government. In Lagos, the government are sharing some foodstuff to some people, guest what, people are in their hundreds dragging for their share, what is the social distancing in that. Why then are they stopping churches from worshipping?

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by smeag0l(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
They probably misinterpret it. I'm not a Muslim so I may not know what other intentionsthey may have.
Agboriotejoye:

Ok. Dats your interpretation right? So how come those terrorists disobey govt? Don't they read their Quran?
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem5672: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by LZAA: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.
Bro mosques dey open
Stop all this fallacy
I know Pentecostal churches are more or less biz centres but say the truth abeg
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem4514: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem1394: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem5112: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
vpdi0eufno
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Hopzin(m): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
makjo900:

Like I said earlier, you are a pretty stupid person. Yall hatred for one another is very funny. In my useless and bigoted mind, am a Muslim because of my comment. Its obvious your head isn't only empty and you are a top of the line zombie
you are a full bloody Muhammadian. That is how you people keep denying your religion if your are been payment back with the hatred you give out. You can only deceive yourself. If you think you tactics will work on me.

Now run along fool!

Go and drink cow urine

I guess it will make you feel better. Idiot
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Lokoyen(m): 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
paxonel:
post a link of any mosque you know that has opened on any of these Fridays you can't.

https://www.nairaland.com/5773298/friday-prayers-hold-bauchi-mosques
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by kem5408: 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
sdorc8uayo
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by lebete3000: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
OP, Churches have closed down while Mosques continue to hold services. Are you not still ok with that?
What more do you hold against Churches?

Oh so because Mosques choose to disobey Government rules, we should follow suit?

What happened to being the light of the world, and the salt of the earth
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by jaxxy(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:

The mosque was shut down because the worshippers attacked the Lagos State Task Force

Why did they attack the lagos state task force? For no reason? Or because they ask them to stop their service? Ask urself and stop behaving like u don't know the full situation.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Adufeamos: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Rom 13 emphasize it that we should subject to higher authority and power. Obedience is better than sacrifice...Evn disobedience is sin.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by jaxxy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
powerkey:

Mosques have been open and services on in those mosques.

Christians owe you nothing.

Imagine Islamic terrorists quoting Bible for Christians.

delete this your one sided post fast.

Are u sure ure a Christian of juat a religious or church fanatic?

The way sm so called Christians talk is shocking especially online. Christ will be ashamed.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Coronavirus1: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
Iyiataata92:
OP, Churches have closed down while Mosques continue to hold services. Are you not still ok with that?
What more do you hold against Churches?
Here in Dubai No Mosques or church is open it has been closed for one month now every one understand the implications of opening stay and home and stay Alive Nigeria churches(pastor)love money they don't love God they believe in tithes and offering thank God for Corona virus it has exposed them all pretenders of the Gospel of christ, After this pandemic many churches will lost 25% of their church members.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by AntiChristian: 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
freeman131:
If you ask me seun is an antichristian

Stop my mention! Lol.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by ybn(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:
I recently read that a very popular pastor in Nigeria spoke against the arrest of pastors who disobeyed the social distancing order by the government by holding services of more than 50 people. His argument is that the pastors were arrested just as Jesus and his disciples were arrested for doing what government warned against.

Both instances are quite different from each other. Jesus and his disciples were arrested by the government for upholding God's commandments and testimonies. These pastors on the other hand were arrested for disobeying the government who hasn't stopped them from upholding God's commandments.

The lockdown and social distancing order by the government is not a persecution of Christianity as some are trying to paint it. It is truly what it is - the protection of people which is by curbing the spread of COVID-19.

If some people say Christianity is persecuted because Churches aren't allowed to hold services in the regular manner, what about night clubs, sports stadiums, concert halls, restaurants, buses, schools etc? Can those ones also cry of persecution?

The government is simply trying to protect the citizens by ensuring that the number of people infected with COVID-19 doesn't increase. Perhaps, it's when people start dropping dead that stubborn folks will understand the government's effort.

Any pastor that tries to cramp his church with a crowd is wicked and should be arrested for endangering lives and aiding the spread of the virus.

Some may say "God will protect us, so we must have faith in that by gathering as usual". That is a wrong thing to say because it means you are tempting God. God steps in when there's nothing else you can do to protect yourself. But when you have measures or escape route and still decide to walk into evil because you think God will protect you, then you will be punished.

Proverbs 22:3
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Don't tempt God, obey the government's guidelines towards battling this virus. It is not compulsory you gather in a build before you worship God. You can worship God individually at home because God is everywhere and can see you.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

The only time you can disobey government's order as a Christian is when they are telling you to disobey God's word. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were told by their government to bow before a statue. They refuse because it was against God's commandment.

Exodus 25:4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The three young man refused to obey the government's order because it goes against God's word. Then knew the punishment the government would visit then with. They knew God could deliver them from it because they couldn't deliver themselves. The only other way out of the punishment is by disobeying God. They didn't want that route so they trusted in God.

Daniel 3:17
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king

Don't let any false pastor expose your life to danger of the virus. The worst thing is that when you get infected, same pastors who hold stage-managed miracles in large stadiums won't be able to perform a miracle to heal you because they are false prophets who don't know God.

Stay at home and stay away from conspiracy theories. Read the Bible.

The government is inconsistent. First, it was a restriction to 50, later 20 and some say total close down. Are you saying the place of God i bringing help to us should be downplayed in times of calamities? It is wrong to compare worship activities with clubbing, sports, etc. I believe worship places that can keep the 50 and 1-2 meters social distancing should be allowed to congregate.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hopzin:
you are a full bloody Muhammadian. That is how you people keep denying your religion if your are been payment back with the hatred you give out. You can only deceive yourself. If you think you tactics will work on me.

Now run along fool!

Go and drink cow urine

I guess it will make you feel better. Idiot

It's obvious you are braindead
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by makjo900: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
ybn:

The government is inconsistent. First, it was a restriction to 50, later 20 and some say total close down. Are you saying the place of God i bringing help to us should be downplayed in times of calamities? It is wrong to compare worship activities with clubbing, sports, etc. I believe worship places that can keep the 50 and 1-2 meters social distancing should be allowed to congregate.

that is how stupid you guys are. the church was the beginning of the disaster in Italy presently
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Hopzin(m): 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
makjo900:

It's obvious you are braindead
Bleep you
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Coolgent(m): 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
If church close down how are they going to collect their 5%
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by gaiusolayinka: 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
makjo900:

that is how stupid you guys are. the church was the beginning of the disaster in Italy presently

You are sounding naive on the topic and your example just showed you are just biased against the church. We all know that Italy tragic Corona occurrences can be linked to football matches across Italy, Spain and England as highlighted. These countries were never took it serious at first with UEFA going ahead with UCL and UEL matches thereby placing players and the spectators at great risk.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/bergamo-mayor-says-football-match-escalated-coronavirus-infections-italian-province
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by dederocs(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I recently read about a mosque in Agege which was shut down by the government of Lagos for flouting the social distancing order. I don't know about any other mosque disobeying the order.

But if Muslims want to expose themselves to the deadly virus, so be it. That doesn't mean Christians should do same.
tell the idiot.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Lastmankc(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:
I recently read that a very popular pastor in Nigeria spoke against the arrest of pastors who disobeyed the social distancing order by the government by holding services of more than 50 people. His argument is that the pastors were arrested just as Jesus and his disciples were arrested for doing what government warned against.

Both instances are quite different from each other. Jesus and his disciples were arrested by the government for upholding God's commandments and testimonies. These pastors on the other hand were arrested for disobeying the government who hasn't stopped them from upholding God's commandments.

The lockdown and social distancing order by the government is not a persecution of Christianity as some are trying to paint it. It is truly what it is - the protection of people which is by curbing the spread of COVID-19.

If some people say Christianity is persecuted because Churches aren't allowed to hold services in the regular manner, what about night clubs, sports stadiums, concert halls, restaurants, buses, schools etc? Can those ones also cry of persecution?

The government is simply trying to protect the citizens by ensuring that the number of people infected with COVID-19 doesn't increase. Perhaps, it's when people start dropping dead that stubborn folks will understand the government's effort.

Any pastor that tries to cramp his church with a crowd is wicked and should be arrested for endangering lives and aiding the spread of the virus.

Some may say "God will protect us, so we must have faith in that by gathering as usual". That is a wrong thing to say because it means you are tempting God. God steps in when there's nothing else you can do to protect yourself. But when you have measures or escape route and still decide to walk into evil because you think God will protect you, then you will be punished.

Proverbs 22:3
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Don't tempt God, obey the government's guidelines towards battling this virus. It is not compulsory you gather in a build before you worship God. You can worship God individually at home because God is everywhere and can see you.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

The only time you can disobey government's order as a Christian is when they are telling you to disobey God's word. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were told by their government to bow before a statue. They refuse because it was against God's commandment.

Exodus 25:4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The three young man refused to obey the government's order because it goes against God's word. Then knew the punishment the government would visit then with. They knew God could deliver them from it because they couldn't deliver themselves. The only other way out of the punishment is by disobeying God. They didn't want that route so they trusted in God.

Daniel 3:17
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king

Don't let any false pastor expose your life to danger of the virus. The worst thing is that when you get infected, same pastors who hold stage-managed miracles in large stadiums won't be able to perform a miracle to heal you because they are false prophets who don't know God.

Stay at home and stay away from conspiracy theories. Read the Bible.
Leave churches and face mosque.The mosque are still holding prayers and nobody is talking against it.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by paxonel(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
luluman:
I only advise you to keep your mouth shut if you dont have points to table, but you turn it to insult, typical of those who dont have valid point (people known as Olodos) but can only insult others. NB: I did not insult you o,I only gave the class you belong to. grin
that isn't advice that was an insult.
Learn how to address people amicably and sensibly disprove them when you perceive they are wrong.

You can't just come and say keep shut do you feed people? grin
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
johnmattew:
the only mosque in my area has been on lockdown even b4 the lockdown began....but the churches in my area ,even 5he one owned by my neighbour are still having services
if churches dont open how do u expect the pastor to chop cheesy.imagine telling a full time pastor to go on total lockdown during this corona issue..na starvation go dey stare am right at d face o cheesy
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Evansaustine873: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
see below
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by Amhappy(f): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thanks OP for this. Christians comparing themselves to other religions. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Here lies the true meaning of give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. I don't support unequal treatment however how you behave in times like this determine your level of spirituality. We lead by example not by too much talks. How i love the Catholic Church.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by pstjoga: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
They should open the churches and then you will see miracles. Will the government permit pastors to pray for the patients without any treatment?
Sodiquinone:
CURE FOR COVID-19....The BIBLE SAYS in mark 16vs 17-18
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name
they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be made well.”
No single Nigerian Pastor can lay hand on Covid -19 patient to cure them because they are all FAKE.
Re: Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order by mvem(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Yeah. But the streets and neighbourhood mosques remain open to prayers and they've threatened to burn any church dat opens till they're allowed to hold jumaat
I don't get the second part...who is threatening to burn churches and why?...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.