Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria (1894 Views)

Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" / Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public / Rivers: No Regrets Making Fubara Governor, I Bought His Nomination Forms – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Irijosa777(m): 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
I keep imagining the kind of governor that Edo start have. Obaseki has refused to do anything meaningful about the virus. Everyone is still going about their normal business as if Edo is immune to covid19. other states with no cases have already decreed total lockdown . Delta was quick to decreed locked down even when they have not get any case same with anambra, River to mention but a few. when Delta lock theirs borders Edo State case was two but today Edo have 9 cases now and is still counting.
Look at the states that are close to Edo State, like ondo, osun and even Lagos they all the viruse.
By now even if they didn't decree a total lockdown in Edo but I expect the governor to closed all their borders with other states.
To be frank am not seeing any active measure that Edo State government is putting in place to fight the viruse, prevention they said is better then cure, abi na only to fight Osho na Obaseki sabi? I am just watching them...
May while our governor (Okowa) should tighten all our borders specially with Edo State even as we watched them from this part of the country.

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
That one not concern him...he was looking for way to win governorship election in second term.
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by WATCHOVER(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Op I know you are bitter and at same time concerned so are Edo citizens home and Abroad are also. I just hope and pray that he is working on this matter because if this continues with the way it is going the collation results that will be coming might issue Edo more votes after Lagos, Abuja

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by allthingsgood: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Most useless governor
Obaseki is daft
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by HocusPotos: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
That one not concern him...he was looking for way to win governorship election in second term.
[/s]
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Omobada(m): 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
Obaseki is currently a confused governor
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
I am shocked when I heard people are still moving freely in edo state well after two weeks I know some states will still be on total lockdown for another month
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Precious4real50(f): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Governor okowa should never open Delta state border with Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Teejazy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Between Obaseki and Seyi Makinde. Who is the most foolish?
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Irijosa777(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Op I know you are bitter and at same time concerned so are Edo citizens home and Abroad are also. I just hope and pray that he is working on this matter because if this continues with the way it is going the collation results that will be coming might issue Edo more votes after Lagos, Abuja

exactly Sir.
you are very correct
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by ogmask: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Op from all indications most sates bordering edo have closed their borders. This should simply mean that edo borders have been closed howbeit from the other end. Having said that, here in portharcpurt we still move about like nothing is happening. Yes the borders are closed but we are not restricted to our homes. Apart from open markets every other aspects of life is up and running here. Keke still do what they do so are taxis.
Blakjewelry:
I am shocked when I heard people are still moving freely in edo state well after two weeks I know some states will still be on total lockdown for another month
The point is closing the border after neighboring states have closed theirs is like an overkill. He cam actually deploy that resources to other areas needed to fight the pandemic. Maybe this line of thought would have been a better discussion.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by edoairways: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Precious4real50:
Governor okowa should never open Delta state border with Edo state
Since neighbouring states has shut their borders, they may be no need for Edo to so. What the governor should do now is provide protect masks and hand sanitizers. Make sure the hospitals are working around the clock to respond to distress calls.
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by DCmonster: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
OP is more foolish than obaseki is. sad

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Irijosa777(m): 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
DCmonster:
OP is more foolish than obaseki is. sad

lolzzzzz
is who?

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by helinues: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Miracle1991: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Op. Ipob will not agree with you just because they hate Oshiomole

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by bender79: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
What is the point closing a border when the states bound by Edo state are all locked up? Incidentally, no one can come in.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Uyi168: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
There is lock down in edo, a partial one though.. Businesses are closed... Buses only take about 5 passengers or so...
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by firo08(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
Op i think APC Governor's know something about this virus. Take a look at the PDP states they measure they have taken so far. Confirmed cases are few and the numbers are not increasing. APC Governor's are reluctant about it.
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by infogenerator(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nairaland is indeed filled with half bred graduates..... The few smart dudes on this forum are the reason i still come on here.... That been said,...... Why on earth would a finacial expert like Obaseki spend money on closing borders that are already closed on the other end??.... That's just madness..... The OP definitly do not live in Edo (Benin City) else you would have realised..... Everything is almost at a stand still here.... Lets not kid ourselves.... Fighting this thing is way more than hiding in our homes and hoping we don't die of hunger before the actual virus....
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Op do you realize 70% of Deltans outside Delta north can't access their own capital if Edo border is closed
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Irijosa777(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
infogenerator:
Nairaland is indeed filled with half bred graduates..... The few smart dudes on this forum are the reason i still come on here.... That been said,...... Why on earth would a finacial expert like Obaseki spend money on closing borders that are already closed on the other end??.... That's just madness..... The OP definitly do not live in Edo (Benin City) else you would have realised..... Everything is almost at a stand still here.... Lets not kid ourselves.... Fighting this thing is way more than hiding in our homes and hoping we don't die of hunger before the actual virus....

you see how shallow your thinking mentality is? how much does it cost to close borders? Edo only share borders with ondo, delta and Koji.
ask yourself when did Ondo closed their border with Edo? and apart from Lagos when did state like ogun, osun and Ekiti that are close to ondo closed their border? All you can think of with your little mentality is that obaseki is going to spend millions of naira to close its borders with other states so Obaseki should wait and let other states do the locking, right?
Sir please respect urself.
May while I have been staying in Benin City since 2014 at Ogida mobile barrack, Egor.
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Bundaweber: 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Irijosa777:

you see how shallow your thinking mentality is? how much does it cost to close borders? Edo only share borders with ondo, delta and Koji.
ask yourself when did Ondo closed their border with Edo? and apart from Lagos when did state like ogun, osun and Ekiti that are close to ondo closed their border? All you can think of with your little mentality is that obaseki is going to spend millions of naira to close its borders with other states so Obaseki should wait and let other states do the locking, right?
Sir please respect urself.
May while I have been staying in Benin City since 2014 at Ogida mobile barrack, Egor.

what about the borders with kogi. yeah Edo is on a partial lockdown especially Benin city. A drive round will tell you that but the problem is that the food markets open give no thoughts to social distancing. keep in mind that we might say borders are locked from other side but persons are still sneaking in and our borders with kogi exposes us to covid-19 which can come from the northern states.
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Irijosa777(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bundaweber:

what about the borders with kogi. yeah Edo is on a partial lockdown especially Benin city. A drive round will tell you that but the problem is that the food markets open give no thoughts to social distancing. keep in mind that we might say borders are locked from other side but persons are still sneaking in and our borders with kogi exposes us to covid-19 which can come from the northern states.

Don't mind that Mr full bred graduate in nairaland.
Koji will still closed it for them.
Maywhile Edo with 9 cases, look at their food market as you rightly side, they don't give any thought on social distance!
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by evansjeff(m): 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
Imagine those saying there’s no need to close borders because neighboring states have closed, we are talking about inside Edo state, nothing to show that the disease is in town, even when 9 cases and 1 death have been confirmed officially, there are many others not tested yet. Crowds all over the major markets here, buses are still working, everyone is busy spreading it. This Obaseki is just clueless
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by LivingSage: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
With the headline, I know where you're driving at. No restriction? He's very foolish.
Now lemme go and read

I said before, they're taking this pandemic with hand of levity, I pray the contracted person doesn't increase in geometric progression in two weeks time.
Meanwhile OP, how is Lagos and Osun close to Edo? angry
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by slimanyd: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Teejazy:
Between Obaseki and Seyi Makinde. Who is the most foolish?

Lol. I was expecting these comparison. Una no dey tire ,must every state take the part of others ? Cant they think and make a decision on there own ? Are they not answerable to there electorates or You online supporters? Aslong as the populace doesnt cry foul of there governor decision , We all should mind our business and face our respective states bro. Stay safe ,stay secure
Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by slimanyd: 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
infogenerator:

Jah bless you. I just keep laughing at these peoole shouting border and lockdown . They need to be enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Obaseki Is The Most Foolish Governor I Know In Nigeria by Web2020: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
The governor is not sleeping, he is monitoring the issue with keen interest. But the case being reported so far are all the people that was quarantined as soon as they came into town from abroad.
There are no home grown and no room for that. Doing the same thing as others are doing does not translate to good governance.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Eighty(86) New Cases Recorded By Ncdc as at 11:50pm 19th April / Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes / Suspected Boko Haram Insurgents Shut Down Nigerian Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.