Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops (1594 Views)

12 Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public / Police Officers Got No Help After Their Van Got Stuck In Auchi, Edo State / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
please help. when I put on my AC it feels good. and sleeping in it for the first 2 hours look nice. but it get bad from 3-4 or 4-5 hours depending on during the time.

oxygen level drops. strugly to breath. it feel like one is sleeping inside a none ventilated container. and also notice the chilling level getting drops as the indoor units is recircling the air already inside and no longer taking them out and bring oxygen and fresh air.

I have been searching online and seen that the problem is more common with central and split AC and unlike window unit.

please do any one know what to do?

Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by bestpunterever: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
u still put on AC during Coro Era?

2 Likes

Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
bestpunterever:
u still put on AC during Coro Era?
it's my room now
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by IJOBA2: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
I THINK YOU NEED TO GET TWO HORSE POWER SPLIT UNIT FOR YOUR ROOM. OMO ODEangry

1 Like

Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by EkoErrands: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
fineboynl:
please help. when I put on my AC it feels good. and sleeping in it for the first 2 hours look nice. but it get bad from 3-4 or 4-5 hours depending on during the time.

oxygen level drops. strugly to breath. it feel like one is sleeping inside a none ventilated container. and also notice the chilling level getting drops as the indoor units is recircling the air already inside and no longer taking them out and bring oxygen and fresh air.

I have been searching online and seen that the problem is more common with central and split AC and unlike window unit.

please do any one know what to do?

Most probably your split is dirty, the evaporator may be dirty and needs cleaning. With dirt on it, the evaporator freezes and its heat exchange capacity drops and also its efficiency then it starts blowing air that's not cold enough and low in oxygen. Get a techy to clean your unit for you.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
EkoErrands:

Most probably your split is dirty, the evaporator may be dirty and needs cleaning. With dirt on it, the evaporator freezes and its heat exchange capacity drops and also its efficiency then it starts blowing air that's not cold enough and low in oxygen. Get a techy to clean your unit for you.
I have take out the fan blower before and wash it. the evaporator how do how clean it properly myself? I don't wannt to bring it down. beside no money budgeted for that now.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by festacman(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
The solution is simple: Remove AC from your room and use electric fan. Do this and live longer.

2 Likes

Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by Nkemtreasure: 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
It requires the services of a technical expert. He dismantle it, wash every part, reassemble and regas it if necessary. Except it's your field, I suggest you get someone to get it fixed.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by EkoErrands: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
fineboynl:
I have take out the fan blower before and wash it. the evaporator how do how clean it properly myself? I don't wannt to bring it down. beside no money budgeted for that now.

I don't have a split but you can try a using a vacuum device maybe it will be able to suck out all the dust from the vanes.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by Powerintoxicate: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
festacman:
The solution is simple: Remove AC from your room and use electric fan. Do this and live longer.
are you saying electric fans are better than actually?
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by GamalNasser: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
How do you know oxygen levels dropped ? What did you use to measure the oxygen level , your room is not airtight so there is no way that oxygen level will drop
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by festacman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
are you saying electric fans are better than actually?

Not actually but when an AC that suppose to make you comfortable starts affecting your body negatively then the health warning means move away for your health.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
GamalNasser:
How do you know oxygen levels dropped ? What did you use to measure the oxygen level , your room is not airtight so there is no way that oxygen level will drop
stuffy room. like carbon gas filled it.more like breath the same air you breath out

1 Like

Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by roscong(m): 6:32am On Apr 06, 2020
Hello, please what could be the possible reasons why my split unit ac freezing out and not cooling inside
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2020
EkoErrands:

I think it's not. I gun spread the evaporator with hot water and dishes washer then use teeth brush to brush evenly yesterday.

some dust and dirt's clear off from it. but that still didn't solve the problem. I guess I'm now allergic to sleeping is a dried humidity. the AC dried the room and my skin. the air was so dried and the lung need some moisture to function well as the moisture is what trapped the oxygen from the air when breathed. which the dried air is attacking or drying up the lung.

from my research online I was told to place a bowl of water near by and also spray the room and curtain with water.

I gun spread the room, curtain, bedsheets and all corners. I put a bowl of water near my bed where my head is.

and I sleep a bit good.

I need an humidifier.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by fineboynl(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2020
roscong:
Hello, please what could be the possible reasons why my split unit ac freezing out and not cooling inside
dirty evaporator coil. get it service. and have you tried washing the air filter?
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by Lanretoye(m): 11:31am On Apr 06, 2020
You need a ventilator,follow up with innoson.
Re: Help: After 3-4 Hours Sleeping In My Ac Room. Oxygen Levels Drops by koffsman(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
I don't know much about AC but get an expert dust or servicing might help

(1) (Reply)

Head Of Nigerian Customs Services From 1964 To Date / Afenifere Leaders Fight Over Igbo Presidency, Restructuring / Secret Reason Wike Is Angry With My Defection - Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.