Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration (10672 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / Senator Stoned For Supporting Saraki, Leaves Hat And Slippers Behind In Escape / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by jason123: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Here is a map of Nigeria:

Nigeria has a goodly amount of offshore oil. I'm not sure what the exact amount is, though. As you can see, Lagos, Ogun and Ondo would all have oil. And we could bring in investors to explore for more oil off of our coast.

Anyway, I'm not at all worried. . . I think oil is overrated anyway.

Nice one. I thought you did not know. wink
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by eherbal(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
Finally a wind of change blows the air.kwarans can now truly,genuinely,without any form of tele-guidance cast their votes in lieu to their conscience.no more baba sope,no more imposition,no more saraki state.good thing he's had a taste of his own bitter medicine
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

@neotse: You miss the point. Under the current regulatory environment, the state had very little ability to control how much electricity it generates.

However, if it had the ability to regular power production and how much is charged per kWh, then it could assemble investors and have the entire state powered within 1-2 years.

Like, the fundamental problem is that the subsidy strongly discourages people from investing in the sector. Why invest in generating electricity when it costs $0.10/ kWh to produce and you are mandated to sell it to for $0.04/kWh? (these are approximate numbers, but you get the idea.)

Like I said, I don't much care if Nigeria disintegrates or not. Whatever economy is lost from the measly oil allocations will be made up from simply fixing electricity supply. Something that could be easily done with a regulatory environment in which each state controls the rules governing electricity supply. Then when you add investing in roads, fixing agriculture, investing in manufacturing, then the sky really is the limit. . .

Lagos doesn't even need the ND for the natural gas to power those barges. It would be nice to continue buying cheap pipelined gas from them, but we might have a safer and more secure supply importing LNG for the gas power plants. . .

the issue i have with a break up is this

i see three maybe four nations states

the southwest
biafra
the north
the nd

the unit that i believe will be viable in the short run is the southwest

of course  break up is more complicated than that, what with a multiethnic police force ,army, navy, air force, businesses with multiple branches across the country

biafra, if what has happened in the past year is anything to go by, will disintegrate into a hotbed of vicious aggressive criminality. futhermore, it will be an odd state of affairs, ibos being the most dispersed nigerians. i have met ibos selling dvds in zamfara. will all these people abandon their markets for the small picking selling among themselves?

the north will disintegrate into religious fundamentalism. it may eventually break further into muslim and christian states.

the nd - i have said it before. there was even a thread that joking addressed the issue. the folk there seem to belive all issues are best resolved with violence. nuff said.

so even if we are able to split amicably, a sw wll still have several unstable entities in its immediate vicinity. so we are still screwed.

and as before a break up will resolve nothing

the nd will simply exchange north south beef for ijaw itsekiri beef - which was previously shelved

note that the jos , and ijaw itsekiri beef came about in a democracy - the african way of fighting for political supremacy

expect more of the same. maybe it will be the isokos who will be shouting marginalization and emacipation
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
Can SS just split and take their oil with them I wonder how many of the G8 countries are oil producers
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by netotse(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

the southwest
biafra
the north
the nd

of course  break up is more complicated than that, what with a multiethnic police force ,army, navy, air force, businesses with multiple branches across the country

biafra, if what has happened in the past year is anything to go by, will disintegrate into a hotbed of vicious aggressive criminality. futhermore, it will be an odd state of affairs, ibos being the most dispersed nigerians. i have met ibos selling dvds in zamfara. will all these people abandon their markets for the small picking selling among themselves?

the north will disintegrate into religious fundamentalism. it may eventually break further into muslim and christian states.

the nd - i have said it before. there was even a thread that joking addressed the issue. the folk there seem to belive all issues are best resolved with violence. nuff said.

so even if we are able to split amicably, a sw wll still have several unstable entities in its immediate vicinity. so we are still screwed.

the nd will simply exchange north south beef for ijaw itsekiri beef - which was previously shelved

note that the jos , and ijaw itsekiri beef came about in a democracy - the african way of fighting for political supremacy

expect more of the same. maybe it will be the isokos who will be shouting marginalization and emacipation
ouch. . .it's true sha o. . .i cant count the number of times i've thought 'if i woze that e-diot his head will sort itself out. . . grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by jason123: 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

the southwest
biafra
the north
the nd

Well said!
Pls remove my people from the so called nd union that would further disintegrate! My people would not join the ijaw expansionist agenda! Never!!! We would join the SW or stay on our own but not ijaw etc. Never! It would just be the same as Nigeria with the isoko etc marginalised!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
the sad thing is the only thing the nd really has is oil, and it has clouded their perceptions

all we ever hear is blathering about parasitic northerners and bigots

if all this energy was channeled into building intellectual capital . . .

it may be better for the rest of Nigeria if they do pull out.

of course , it may be rough in the beginning, but we should see a return to the nigeria of colonial times, the nigeria that was exporting groundnuts and cocoa

as to any delusions that the nd will become a kuwait or dubai ,

first off those nations are kingdoms, not democracies and they do not have several tribes that will be at each other throats , and they have not enshrined a culture of 'it is our oil, therefore we are'.

the drive to make dubai a tourist paradise is because they realise the oil will not last forever. yo think any leader in the nd will be that forward looking
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
jason123:

Well said!
Pls remove my people from the so called nd union that would further disintegrate! My people would not join the ijaw expansionist agenda! Never!!! We would join the SW or stay on our own but not ijaw etc. Never! It would just be the same as Nigeria with the isoko etc marginalised!

beaf tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

u will die with only one state baylsea tongue
because delta itsekiri state has been comfirmed by jason and there leader joining afenfere tongue

edo,,,, reporter has comfired them with the SW tongue

so the only state left for ur south-south people is balysea we even has urhobo,ijaw,edo(esan) etc

you republic will be like 2 square kilometre grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by 9ijaMan: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
alj harem:

beaf tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

u will die with only one state baylsea tongue
because delta itsekiri state has been comfirmed by jason and there leader joining afenfere tongue

edo,,,, reporter has comfired them with the SW tongue

so the only state left for your south-south people is balysea we even has urhobo,ijaw,edo(esan) etc

you republic will be like 2 square kilometre grin

LWKMDFHO!

Beaf is like a dieing man who's looking for others to go under with him! Unfortunately every other state will desert his ND fight and we all know Bayelsa cannot go it alone.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
Yeah, not sure which way Edo, Itsekiri, Kwara, and Kogi would go. Western Kogi is entirely Yoruba, it is quite interesting. Even driving through Lokoja, I saw tons of Yoruba names on the political signs. My dad's driver tells me that Yoruba is understood in most of the state as well (not sure how much I believe him about this, though.)

Personally, I think it would be in the best (economic) interest of Kwara to join the SW rather than the North. But who knows how things would shake out. . .
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2011
9ijaMan:

LWKMDFHO!

Beaf is like a dieing man who's looking for others to go under with him! Unfortunately  every other state will desert his ND fight and we all know Bayelsa cannot go it alone.

Nah, Bayelsa produces a sh1tload of oil and would be fine, even with the small landsize. Problem of course is guys like Alamieyeseigha. But even with dudes like that robbing his people blind, there would still be enough money to build a relatively prosperous country.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Nah, Bayelsa produces a sh1tload of oil and would be fine, even with the small landsize. Problem of course is guys like Alamieyeseigha. But even with dudes like that robbing his people blind, there would still be enough money to build a relatively prosperous country.

ghandi - enough for everyone's need, not everyone's greed

unless they are able to produce leaders and those leaders are able to take on the militants etal and force people to a new vision it will be more of the same
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by jason123: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Yeah, not sure which way Edo, Itsekiri, Kwara, and Kogi would go. Western Kogi is entirely Yoruba, it is quite interesting. Even driving through Lokoja, I saw tons of Yoruba names on the political signs. My dad's driver tells me that Yoruba is understood in most of the state as well (not sure how much I believe him about this, though.)

Personally, I think it would be in the best (economic) interest of Kwara to join the SW rather than the North. But who knows how things would shake out. . .

what sort of question is this where do you want itsekiris (ALMOST THE WHOLE OF DELTA STATE) to join ND or Biafra lol. nah!!! ND would have been good because you yorubas are tribalist but with the way these ijaw people kill my people and the activites of edwin clark in delta state. NEVER!!! atleast we know we would we working with progressives free education and etc. well if you do not believe me, let the country divide today and you would see the result!!!!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

ghandi - enough for everyone's need, not everyone's greed

unless they are able to produce leaders and those leaders are able to take on the militants etal and force people to a new vision it will be more of the same

At that point it won't be my problem. Will be just like when I flick on the TV and see kids starving in Chad or East Africa. I feel bad, but feel no great obligation to help out.

At that point, all I'll care about is that they fulfill whatever natural gas contracts we've signed with them so that the power plants (and thus factories) of the SW are running. Any other wahala is theirs and theirs alone.

jason123:

what sort of question is this where do you want itsekiris (ALMOST THE WHOLE OF DELTA STATE) to join ND or Biafra lol. nah!!! ND would have been good because you yorubas are tribalist but with the way these ijaw people kill my people and the activites of edwin clark in delta state. NEVER!!! atleast we know we would we working with progressives free education and etc. well if you do not believe me, let the country divide today and you would see the result!!!!
I feel you man, but it isn't that easy, even if the Itsekiri vote in a referendum to join. Warri is a very mixed town, for example. Would be quite difficult to sort out cleanly.
Easiest situation for you would be if they just treated ya'll with equality so you could feel comfortable in a ND republic.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
It is far less costly and much more productive to sort out the Nigerian framework than for ethnic bigots to scream about the SS.
Yar Adua was so daft that he spent $3billion arming the JTF, rather than much less costly solutions such as guaranteeing justice, human rights and a timescale / framework for true federalism. None of the above would have harmed Nigeria in any way, in fact, every aspect of an equitable ND package would set the country up firmly for development. But I guess ethnically bigoted minds are incapable of thinking outside a limited set of parameters.

Yar Adua also signed one-sided treaties with the US, thinking AFRICOM would wade into the Niger Delta, even though the US makes it quite clear at every sitting that the ND is oppressed.

What has become of the $3billion JTF option today? The answer is instructive, costs in future will be an exponential multiple if the situation is handled badly. Bigoted minds, not the SS are Nigeria's problem.

Common sense is always cheaper than anything bigotry can produce. Lets harness it. Give your voice to true federalism.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
9ijaMan:

LWKMDFHO!

Beaf is like a dieing man who's looking for others to go under with him! Unfortunately every other state will desert his ND fight and we all know Bayelsa cannot go it alone.

Clap for yourself dunce, I am not from Bayelsa.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Give your voice to true federalism.

Indeed. Federalism is the answer, rather than the centralist arrangement we currently have. That and increased resource control would do the entire nation a lot of good, imo.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by flexshop(m): 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
@post, confirmed he (SARAKI) joined ACP.
How will this affect the concensus agreement?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
jason123:

Itsekiri's and Isoko's struggle for who is the tiniest minority in Delta state. But you don't even know your village at age 28, so it is expected that you will say very ridiculous things.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by flexshop(m): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^
@beaf,reply my above post.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

It is far less costly and much more productive to sort out the Nigerian framework than for ethnic bigots to scream about the SS.
Yar Adua was so daft that he spent $3billion arming the JTF, rather than much less costly solutions such as guaranteeing justice, human rights and a timescale / framework for true federalism. None of the above would have harmed Nigeria in any way, in fact, every aspect of an equitable ND package would set the country up firmly for development. But I guess ethnically bigoted minds are incapable of thinking outside a limited set of parameters.

Yar Adua also signed one-sided treaties with the US, thinking AFRICOM would wade into the Niger Delta, even though the US makes it quite clear at every sitting that the ND is oppressed.

What has become of the $3billion JTF option today? The answer is instructive, costs in future will be an exponential multiple if the situation is handled badly. Bigoted minds, not the SS are Nigeria's problem.

Common sense is always cheaper than anything bigotry can produce. Lets harness it. Give your voice to true federalism.

mend and its offshoots do not give a rats ass about federalism. they only shout federalism so they can garner support from people who should know better.

its the same sort of rhetoric boko haram is spouting when they blather about retaliation for their people being killed and other stories.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Abagworo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2011
The richest and most peaceful country that will come out of Nigeria is a nation of Igbo groups and Akwa-cross.Some Igbo and Ibibio groups that believe in "oil being everything" should join the Niger Delta and fight for oil.

Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2011
flexshop:

@post, confirmed he (SARAKI) joined ACP.
How will this affect the concensus agreement?

That agreement has always been a dead dog as far as the Saraki's are concerned. Bukola's brother was among the those that led the Middle Belt endorsement of GEJ, Bukola himself was among the govs that endorsed GEJ, now his dad and sister are in ACPN.
The Saraki's are too involved in a family survival headache to be bothered with "concensus" stuff.

The other factor in Bukola's concensus calculations, IBB, is deeply bitter and on his way to ANPP or CPC. As for Gusau, he doesn't give a toss as far as IBB doesn't get it. Atiku has been left drowning with the weight of an agreement which makes no sense to the people he claims to represent.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

mend and its offshoots do not give a rats backside about federalism. they only shout federalism so they can garner support from people who should know better.

its the same sort of rhetoric boko haram is spouting when they blather about retaliation for their people being killed and other stories.

Are you a member of MEND?
Tell us about "Abubakars" prospects in your Kwara state and leave matters you are clueless about well alone.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by panmun: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
https://www.alertpay.com/?ycePle%2fGzol9pcI%2b8LkX7w%3d%3d
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Kilode1: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Honestly, I think we'd be just fine; we'd be forced to manage resources properly and develop a new source of revenue.

Hrm, does anyone have the amount of FG allocations given to each state handy and listed somewhere? It would be interesting to see. . . I imagine that the actual cash that say my Ekiti State gets is probably on the order of like 10 or 15 cents per citizen per day. Piddling amount of money like that makes no real difference.

See 2008 numbers below. Ekiti gets about the smallest allocation.

I can swear I saw 2010 allocation itemized somewhere on the fmf.gov.ng site late last year but can't seem to find it now.

I agree with the thoughts on food sufficiency. Nigeria does not depend on imported food, save for rice, our staples and diets are largely supported by locally grown food and crops, So food or hunger will not be an issue if SS or SE secedes. Oil boku for Ilajeland in Ondo state anyway

I doubt Beaf supports secession though, na mouth he dey make. Funny guy cheesy

GEJ and beaf know they can't survive without the SW fighting their cause for them, check Awolowo, check Soyinka and the ND militants. They trust SW leaders more than any other group in Naija!

All these talk na just for 2011 election. SS need SW progressives, they know they believe in federalism and they care about equity

Beaf! no go give bros GEJ nonsense advice o, else Niger Delta go carry last.

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/portal/uploads/files/FAAC/State_faac_April2008.pdf
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Indeed. Federalism is the answer, rather than the centralist arrangement we currently have. That and increased resource control would do the entire nation a lot of good, imo.

The question is, how do we achieve these things. I strongly believe that rather than react to every national tragedy and embarrassment with a micro step toward true federalism (eg privatising power generation), we need a concrete set of steps along a well defined path. Something that will work from the grassroots and be achievable in a sensible time frame.

More than anything, Nigeria needs a national ideology. Right now, we are a ship without any direction. Our country moves in chaotic directions, because it is founded on chaos, ignorance and hubris.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by 9ijaMan: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

This is a classical display of your level of intelligence! How much has your own brother GEJ spent on the same JTF to kill and maim his own people? Perhaps you need some lessons on history before you start blabbing and spewing bigotry from both ends f you mouth. In any case, I do not expect much from someone who reasons like a toddler!

Beaf:

Clap for yourself dunce, I am not from Bayelsa.
BTW I careless about your state of origin as you've proved over and over again how bigoted you are! I do not give a rats-azz if you are from kathmandu!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
^
If you didn't notice, the argument has risen beyond the id!ocy introduced by ethnic bigots and the folk I am discussing with here are overwhelmingly from the SW, not core Northerners. Get on your bike with your foolishness.

Kilode?!:

I can swear I saw 2010 allocation itemized somewhere on the fmf.gov.ng site late last year but can't seem to find it now.

I agree with the thoughts on food sufficiency. Nigeria does not depend on imported food, save for rice, our staples and diets are largely supported by locally grown food and crops, So food or hunger will not be an issue if SS or SE secedes. Oil boku for Ilajeland in Ondo state anyway

I doubt Beaf supports secession though, na mouth he dey make. Funny guy cheesy

GEJ and beaf know they can't survive without the SW fighting their cause for them, check Awolowo, check Soyinka and the ND militants. They trust SW leaders more than any other group in Naija!

All these talk na just for 2011 election. SS need SW progressives, they know they believe in federalism and they care about equity

Beaf! no go give bros GEJ nonsense advice o, else Niger Delta go carry last.

Sessesion can only be a very last resort and you are right, I love 9ja. I needed to lay out stack scenario's to the bigot that took the argument in an anti-SS direction.
Like I said, it is cheaper to talk than look to bigotry.

Anyways, we SS peeps have no qualms at all with the SW and thats plain to see. In fact, my own ethnic group shares relations with the SW through our Edo connections.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

thank you for reminding me. i wonder how many of beaf's kinsmen are pushing for federalism

funnily enough,one of  the most vocal supporters of federalism is drug baron tinubu. go figure

Beaf:

Are you a member of MEND?
Tell us about "Abubakars" prospects in your Kwara state and leave matters you are clueless about well alone.

should i fish out your posts on boyloaf and amnesty?

the first set when you said he was not real mend - during the days when okah was your hero and darling, or the second set, where you endorsed him as the leader of mend after the oct 1 bombings

do all those twats lining up and doing gra gra because of allawi look s if they care about federalism?

please spare us your duplicitous hypocrisy.

not to worry, i am saving these pages. when gej loses we will see you begin to celebrate okah and togo as heroes for federalism once again

whatever the saraki's antecedents, they are politicians of the old school, who win by hearts and minds, unlike people from your region, who win by the gun.

i mean, look at you. a person who cannot take dissenting views without resorting to caterwauls, insults and daft innuendo. and you are the most omnipresent person from your region here.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abeg SW should just stay alone with or without oil we need our own homogenous nation not a place where people would call you parasites the cocoa money that developed all of the SW where mainly from Ondo Ekiti and Osun state but I didn't see them calling Ogun Lagos and Oyo folks parasites cocoa house was built in Ibadan that produces little cocoa, liberty stadium wasn't built in the cocoa rich Ondo and no one shouted marginalisation we don't want any of that poisoned chalice oil from the ND
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

So $12 million/month for Ekiti State.

Chicken scratch. Given our population of 2.7 million, $4.44/month. 15 cents a day. 22 naira/day tongue

I'd much rather have 24/7 electricity supply than 22 naira/day. I'm more sure most Ekiti would agree tongue

But no doubt we would all starve to death without this 22 naira a day smiley

EDIT: Do these #s take into account LGA monies as well?

EDIT #2: Slight miscalc. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Govs. Forum: Fashola Requests Suit withdrawal Against Jang / Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her 54th Birthday, Forgives People Who Abused Her / Rigging No Longer Possible In Nigeria – INEC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.