Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,595 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration (10674 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / Senator Stoned For Supporting Saraki, Leaves Hat And Slippers Behind In Escape / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2011
beaf and his dubious headlines ' saraki leaves pdp in frustration my arse. everybody is abandoning the sinking ship , and beaf is blathering about frustration cheesy cheesy
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Holla2: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2011
9ijaMan:

Keep dreaming. I just could not help but laugh at your outright folly. This your political jobbing business is sure not good for you at all. You should become a jester or a comedian!

Beaf can be quite funny sometimes, standup comedy is not a bad suggestion though grin grin
But seriously the recent developments could spell doom for GEJ. If these guys have refused to adhere to their "consensus" northern rep, you can expect that more interest groups would eventually leave PDP and seek to gather a vehement resistance. Remember, those of a man's household could become his greatest enemy. This is especially when they are so familiar with the variety of padlocks used to secure[b] front and back doors.[/b]
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jan 01, 2011
Tippy Top:

Those against GEJ are more vocal, most Nairaland opinion polls always tip GEJ ahead of current contestants.
You also forgot to check who started this thread, should Beaf start a thread and leave it?

You de mind am?

pro01:

The old Fox is at it again, who can stop him in his tracks? But for real I think Bukola is a deluded, overambitious bumpkin if he feels he can force his legendary/oracular father into retirement and thereafter assume the revered role of Godfather - by installing ex sports minister Bio as governor. What an ungrateful fool. Anyways, he SHALL be given a bloody nose (fair and square) as ALL of his predecessors were.

It would be very interesting if Oloye Saraki joins the ACN (as opposed to the obsolescent ANPP). As sure as death that would mean yet another state in the kitty for ACN (and its first in the North); effectively strengthening it to wage battle with the Hydra-Headed monster called PDP. Furthermore, Saraki's entry would boost the possibility (albeit remote) of the ACN's presidential candidate clinching the presidency in the forthcoming elections.

In any case Oloye's candidate (Gbemisola Saraki) would win the governorship election under any party's ticket - even if it is 'Pastor' Chris Okotie's Fresh Party. Interesting times lie ahead.

Intelligent analysis, it would be a masterstroke if Saraki joins ACN, but I believe he and IBB are destined for ANPP.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by KnowAll(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2011
Two things here thus : 1. It is good to educate your kids, we can see Bukola is his own man and makes his own decision not following his father's every beckon like mu-mu.

2. It would appear that Saraki Jnr- Bukola is an ingrate, after enjoying a gift giving to him on a platter of Gold he has turned against the hand that made a man out of a boy. Bukola was an errand boy prior to been the Governor, OBJ would not even give him any serious post, making him a lowly special Assistant.

The third point is, if Saraki senior wants to continue in his accustomed way and style ACN is the party to associate with. Kwara State is naturally an ACN State(forget all these rigging), even if the candidate is a goat, that Goat would win, now combine an ACN Goat with Saraki's influence need I say more.
undecided

But there is a catch thus, can Tinubu and Olushola Saraki wear the same Trousers. The answer is CAPITAL -NO hence the ANPP option, which throws everything open for every single party.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2011
KnowAll:

Two things here thus : 1. It is good to educate your kids, we can see Bukola is his own man and makes his own decision not following his father's every beckon like mu-mu.

2. It would appear that Saraki Jnr- Bukola is an ingrate, after enjoying a gift giving to him on a platter of Gold he has turned against the hand that made a man out of a boy. Bukola was an errand boy prior to been the Governor, OBJ would not even give him any serious post, making him a lowly special Assistant.

The third point is, if Saraki senior wants to continue in his accustomed way and style ACN is the party to associate with. Kwara State is naturally an ACN State(forget all these rigging), even if the candidate is a goat, that Goat would win, now combine an ACN Goat with Saraki's influence need I say more.
undecided

But there is a catch thus, can Tinubu and Olushola Saraki wear the same Trousers? The answer is CAPITAL -NO hence the ANPP option, which throws everything open for every single party.

I was thinking the same thing. But if Oloye Saraki were to join the ACN, the good thing for Tinubu and his expansionist agenda is that Saraki is an exceedingly home-focused leader. Only Kwara politics is of interest to him - no 'ojukokoro' to involve himself in other states' affairs. He would have no interest in challenging Tinubu as regards the affairs in the other ACN controlled states; Tinubu would only have to surrender the Kwara chapter of ACN and the government completely to Saraki, and that means he would not impose his Hitech Construction, Alpha Beta Consulting and his other revenue generation vehicles on Kwara state as he has done in Lagos and the other ACN states, or seek to nominate commissioners and whatnot. I think they would be able to work together unless Tinubu's greed and megalomania gets the better of him.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 11:02am On Jan 02, 2011
^--- Hitech:
http://www.hitechconstructioncompany.com/about.html

Seems to be owned by the Chagoury group. Sounds like an Arab name to me, probably Lebanese?

I don't see how Hitech is connected to Tinubu. Or does someone have evidence otherwise?

Anyway, I don't want the ACN to cede control of Kwara politics to a single family like the Sarakis. The Sarakis are not democrats but instead are feudalists. It might be necessary in the short term to ally with them, but in the long term they must be removed from political relevance if Kwara is to be a successful state. At least, imo.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

^--- Hitech:
http://www.hitechconstructioncompany.com/about.html

Seems to be owned by the Chagoury group. Sounds like an Arab name to me, probably Lebanese?

I don't see how Hitech is connected to Tinubu. Or does someone have evidence otherwise?

Anyway, I don't want the ACN to cede control of Kwara politics to a single family like the Sarakis. The Sarakis are not democrats but instead are feudalists. It might be necessary in the short term to ally with them, but in the long term they must be removed from political relevance if Kwara is to be a successful state. At least, imo.

Lol. We wouldn't expect Tinubu or any present or ex public official to openly declare the companies they own or promote, would we? We all know what 'fronts' are, and our politicians and policical class use these fronts (local and foreign) to full effect. The Chagoury family are especially legendary in this regard, and have put their money-magic skills to 'good' use for many Nigerians in the ruling class. . .since the Abacha days.

But that's a topic for another day, lets not derail the present thread.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
pro01:

Lol. We wouldn't expect Tinubu or any present or ex public official to openly declare the companies they own or promote, would we? We all know what 'fronts' are, and our politicians and policical class use these fronts (local and foreign) to full effect. The Chagoury family are especially legendary in this regard, and have put their money-magic skills to 'good' use for many Nigerians in the ruling class. . .since the Abacha days.

But that's a topic for another day, lets not derail the present thread.

Your argument falls apart right there.
the Chagoury family are known to be fronts for the Abacha family, not for Tinubu

Tinubu owns ABC, very well known. But to claim that the Chagoury group work for him is just laughable.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by otokx(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
This is interesting
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by flexshop(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
@beaf, pls lets leave d war part out cos the truth be told, ND cant withstand any major tribe in nigeria let alone FGN in a full war.
Back to the issue,if he runs 4presidency unda anoda party,that means he has violated the concensus agreement.does that make it null and void?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
flexshop:

@beaf, pls lets leave d war part out cos the truth be told, ND cant withstand any major tribe in nigeria let alone FGN in a full war.
Back to the issue,if he runs 4presidency unda anoda party,that means he has violated the concensus agreement.does that make it null and void?

That is the same thing the Arabs thought about Israel, but you can ask about the 7 day war.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by mansmith(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
i think it time for him to retire and move on with life
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

That is the same thing the Arabs thought about Israel, but you can ask about the 7 day war.
grin grin grin

Why do Nigerian groups always want to compare themselves with badasses like Israel? First it was the Biafrans, now it is Beaf.

Yes, other Nigerian groups are like the hapless Arabs, and you are like plucky Israel  wink I'm quaking in my socks!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

POC: It was a 6 day war

That said, the SS has not, till today, produced a single smart person well known in Nigeria. How can a bunch of below average Nigerians effectively fight a war with little or no equipment, not to talk about the dearth of human and military power evident in the SS
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

That said, the SS has not, till today, produced a single smart person well known in Nigeria. How can a bunch of below average Nigerians
This I don't agree with. I don't think that there is that much intrinsic variation intelligence-wise between different Nigerian groups.

effectively fight a war with little or no equipment, not to talk about the dearth of human and military power evident in the SS
Well, they have pretty good equipment, RPGs, anti-aircraft, a primitive navy.

My own point is that it isn't as if other groups are stockpiling weapons seriously or preparing for warfare. So any headstart the ND has could be negated quite rapidly.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

POC: It was a 6 day war

That said, the SS has not, till today, produced a single smart person well known in Nigeria. How can a bunch of below average Nigerians effectively fight a war with little or no equipment, not to talk about the dearth of human and military power evident in the SS

Go check the list of Nigeria's living legends, of the 20, 4 are from the old Bendel. There are a dozens of others from Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa etc, but a tribalist fool like you wouldn't know that.
Just imagine that, no matter where you come from, the SS generates the money you live on. So do a lil thinking, how can anybody fight us and win?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Go check the list of Nigeria's living legends, of the 20, 4 are from the old Bendel. There are a dozens of others from Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa etc, but a tribalist fool like you wouldn't know that.
Just imagine that, no matter where you come from, the SS generates the money you live on. So do a lil thinking, how can anybody fight us and win?

and is bendel south-south undecided
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

This I don't agree with. I don't think that there is that much intrinsic variation intelligence-wise between different Nigerian groups.

My own point is that it isn't as if other groups are stockpiling weapons seriously or preparing for warfare. So any headstart the ND has could be negated quite rapidly.

eku-dapobear what happened to dapobear log-in smiley
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by nduchucks: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
Alh Harem, please ask him who put together the list of "Living Legends". He will not admit to you that it was done by his uncle and his handlers.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

You do know that crude oil is highly flammable, right?

One bomb and y'all are toast!

Nigeria living legend eh? You not gonna fight a war with a brain like that of Enahoro ( The most illustrious individual to ever come out of that creek)? would you?  All we need do is pay Biafrans additional 20 pounds, and they will take care of your rebellious arse.

You do know what happened between Iraq and Kuwait in the 1990s right?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Alh Harem, please ask him who put together the list of "Living Legends". He will not admit to you that it was done by his uncle and his handlers.
grin grin grin grin grin

i know beaf is one character that just says rubbish out his mouth

he is never open minded nor speak the truth,,,, all he does is jonathan ss that's all grin grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

beaf i hope you know edo (enahoro) is different from you south-south people

just to clarify that undecided
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Sweetnecta: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2011
How is Saraki, a northerner, with an Ondo State Mother, and Ilorin [Kwara State] of yoruba Origin named father? The Sarakis must be playing with the minds of the Nigerians who have not challenged them about this dubious claim.

The Kwara people need to dump them. So do the Yorubas. So do the Northerners.

I cant stand hypocrites; the Sarakis at least in politics are.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Where exactly will others get the money to negate the SS? Especially if oil piplines are finished off, while the supply is diverted?
The SS can spend billions at short notice, and it can do that everyday. The first week or so would be the most painful for the SS if war breaks out, but after that, it would be a crushing defeat for anyone with a relatively primitive army that foolishly attacks us. If you follow the news carefully, you will also find that militants in the SS are quite conversant and comfortable with high tech warfare, regularly employing GPS, UAV's etc. This is aside from the fact that we have the ready cash to employ the baddest mecenaries complete with their ammo from places like SA, Namibia and Angola; call that an angry standing army at a weeks notice.

. . .This is aside from the fact that the US would cripple any unfortunate that touches their beloved SS (it took less than 24 hours for the FBI to land in Abuja and for the US President and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to rush to GEJ's help).
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
alj harem:

beaf i hope you know edo (enahoro) is different from you south-south people

just to clarify that undecided

Stop talking stupidly and keep to your almajiri knowledge. You will soon tell me I'm not SS too. Fool.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Where exactly will others get the money to negate the SS? Especially if oil piplines are finished off, while the supply is diverted?
The SS can spend billions at short notice, and it can do that everyday. The first week or so would be the most painful for the SS if war breaks out, but after that, it would be a crushing defeat for anyone with a relatively primitive army that foolishly attacks us. If you follow the news carefully, you will also find that militants in the SS are quite conversant and comfortable with high tech warfare, regularly employing GPS, UAV's etc. This is aside from the fact that we have the ready cash to employ the baddest mecenaries complete with their ammo from places like SA, Namibia and Angola; call that an angry standing army at a weeks notice.

. . .This is aside from the fact that the US would cripple any unfortunate that touches their beloved SS (it took less than 24 hours for the FBI to land in Abuja and for the US President and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to rush to GEJ's help).
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very funny!
You are one crazy fellow.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Where exactly will others get the money to negate the SS?
It depends, there are a variety of sources. Bank accounts of citizens, loans, existing Nigerian federal reserves could all be used to prosecute a war. Overall, I don't think finding cash would be too much of a problem.

Especially if oil piplines are finished off, while the supply is diverted?
So you'd be able to stop the pipelines and divert the supply into cash? So yes, if you could monetize the 2 million barrels produced a day, sure, life would be pretty good for you. But how will whoever buys it from you get out of the country?  grin After all, there is a navy to blockade and impound any such oil.

Also, as you guys have shown yourself, it is pretty easy to sabotage oil production, period tongue

The SS can spend billions at short notice, and it can do that everyday.
This I doubt. What %age of the oil produced by Nigeria is a reasonable estimate of that lost to oil bunkering or money given to the militants by their governors. . . let's say 1%? 20K barrels a day is only $1.6 million. That can be easily matched by any ethnic group who decides to go to war.

The first week or so would be the most painful for the SS if war breaks out, but after that, it would be a crushing defeat for anyone with a relatively primitive army that foolishly attacks us.
Eh, the opposite would be true, imo. Time is not your friend. Time allows other ethnic groups to convert assets into equipment for prosecuting warfare. Time means more recruits, more training, whittling away at the slim head start you have.

If you follow the news carefully, you will also find that militants in the SS are quite conversant and comfortable with high tech warfare, regularly employing GPS, UAV's etc.
Eh, fine, you spend the money you get on weapons, others do not. But once we start buying weapons too, those advantages go away. . .

This is aside from the fact that we have the ready cash to employ the baddest mecenaries complete with their ammo from places like SA, Namibia and Angola; call that an angry standing army at a weeks notice.
Mercenaries are expensive and were pretty much useless in the Nigerian civil war. I don't see any reason for them to suddenly become useful in a hypothetical new war. I'd be very happy if my enemy spends valuable resources on expensive mercenaries to prosecute a war in Nigeria. Paying $200k/year to a mercenary. . . that same amount of money will likely get you 100 Nigerians smiley

The US doesn't like the militants, dude. I don't think they like the Delta either. Especially if that memo by the Shell woman is how the US thinks about things. My guess is that rather than supporting the militants, they'd supply weapons to help crush them. The US likes the status quo in Nigeria and overall probably isn't interested in seeing it changed. This is my guess, at least.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Why cant you just secede? What is stopping you?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

We have laid out what we want, which is true federalism. Thank goodness we do not approach problems in the Boko Haram manner you are thinking about.
However, if all attempts at diplomacy fail, we would leave the sorry country. And dude, on that day, you will get on your knees and beg, cos there will be no smiling.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

No joke. If I were them, I'd secede in a second. From what Beaf says, it should be something they can do today.

$160 mil/day divided by 20 or 30 million is a lot better than the same amount divided by 150+ million   wink

They'd be better off if they secede. But this is one of those things that is easier said than done. . .
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

We have laid out what we want, which is true federalism.
True federalism is probably strictly better than secession, yes.

Thank goodness we do not approach problems in the Boko Haram manner you are thinking about.
However, if all attempts at diplomacy fail, we would leave the sorry country. And dude, on that day, you will get on your knees and beg, cos there will be no smiling.
Eh, dunno about others, but I'm not going to beg. I'd much rather have access to international credit to build infrastructure than the NDs oil, if I had to choose between the two. The latter leads to a better society and economy anyway.
But of course, having both is better wink
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

No joke. If I were them, I'd secede in a second. From what Beaf says, it should be something they can do today.

$160 mil/day divided by 20 or 30 million is a lot better than the same amount divided by 150+ million   wink

They'd be better off if they secede. But this is one of those things that is easier said than done. . .

That right there is the blunt truth.
Beaf knows how to build castles in the air
And he is good.

The ND is not even up to 20 million, at most, maybe 10 million, probably less than that, may be between 5-6 million,
If they were to secede, they would become the Kuwait of Africa, that to me is enough reason to secede. Too bad our Oga Beaf does not see it that way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years / U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.