Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration (10675 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / Senator Stoned For Supporting Saraki, Leaves Hat And Slippers Behind In Escape / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

the only thing really subsidized in nigeria is petrol

and as dapobear pointed out, it is mostly imported. i find it odd that you are blathering about fuel subsides when you have in previous threads been championing the deregulation our finance minister has been promising

if you think you can claim that we have an energy subsidy, you better think again.

Petrol only? How about gas? How about diesel? How about kerosene? How about aviation fuel?
Those questions are for the oil sector only, we haven't even begun speaking about fertiliser etc etc. Every aspect of life and production in Nigeria is subsidised by oil revenues.

You will be very hungry if the SS were to pack and go tomorrow.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
you people have started about this secession stuff undecided undecided

when will stop and think of the implications of your republics undecided
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2011
I've seen absolutely nothing on the ground from the federal government in my village or state. So who cares if the oil money goes? It isn't benefiting my people anyways. Like I said, most of the nice infrastructure in my village is from money made in the US or Europe.

Your threats/predictions are only meaningful to the elites who steal government money.

To be quite frank, if Nigeria disintegrates, who really cares?

I'd much rather have power, good roads, and access to foreign investment/capital than the piddling oil wealth that reaches my state. Give me foreign capital and I can make up the lost oil wealth through internal development in 5 years, max.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Lagos and the SE are the only parts of the country equipped for life without oil.
The rest will become an embarassement to Africa if the SS declared independence tomorrow. A state like your would get on their knees and beg.

As for other nations surviving without oil, they do not have parasitic economies.

whatever his faults are, saraki is more forward thinking than any of the sorry lot the nd has produced as governors, minus amaechi - and we know ameachi got in by a fight

you seem to forget saraki has been investing in agriculture, and setting up a flight school in kwara.

by all means keep blathering about your resource capital

the rest of us are more focused on intellectual capital

you lot have an overinflated sense of entitlement which will ultimately do you in.

before obj withheld lagos funds one would have thought that would be the end, but it simply forced your favorite drug baron to explore new means of securing revenue, and today, lagos is better for it

in much the same vein, a lot of successful people actually became successful because upheavals in their lives forced them to.

please please be off with you lot.

the lack of money in governemet will turn govt back to what it was service to the nation rather than to self. with no big estacode, etal,  we will see the demise of do or die politics

in the d however, it will be the opposite. all that money with all those guns and all those hoodlums msqurading as feedom fighters, and all that artillery you keep blathering about?

every day will be october 1, xmas eve, new years eve.

i can see orkar becoming a new charles taylor
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by netotse(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
actually there's an electricity subsidy, that's why Rilwan Babalola fell out with Ransome Owan and co.

link

PHCN colllects somewhere close to 10billion a month in electricity bills but spends 15 - 17 billion. The short fall has to come from somewhere. . .

@beaf only pms is subsidized in nigeria
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
netotse:

actually there's an electricity subsidy, that's why Rilwan Babalola fell out with Ransome Owan and co.

link

PHCN colllects somewhere close to 10billion a month in electricity bills but spends 15 - 17 billion. The short fall has to come from somewhere. . .

I didn't go there, because our folk here in dreamland would argue that electricity doesn't matter to their villages.
Every aspect of Nigerian life is subsidised, from agric to electricity to taxes to fuel of all kinds.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Petrol only? How about gas? How about diesel? How about kerosene? How about aviation fuel?
Those questions are for the oil sector only, we haven't even begun speaking about fertiliser etc etc. Every aspect of life and production in Nigeria is subsidised by oil revenues.

Y[b]ou will be very hungry if the SS were to pack and go tomorrow.[/b]

beaf u are very silly for that statement,,,, who are the south-south people

there are ikwerri, yoruba,,itsekiri,,, ijaw,,, uhrobo and edo is not south-south

so you saying the country will be hungry is very dumb

are there no itsekeiri in delta state which is a south-south state

akwa-ibom is full of ikwerri are they compiling

you just ijaw or what every a,, minority in nigeria is shouting,,,, how dumb is that

so you think if balysse state stop producing oil,,we will al die undecided

mumu like you angry
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^^
Ondo is not a SS state!

Ondo is 100% SW
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
beaf i even forgot lagos that even has oil also,,are they complaining as you are angry angry

or are they south-south also
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

^^^
Ondo is not a SS state!

Ondo is 100% SW

noted i will change it
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
Yeah, the electricity subsidy is a big reason why electricity is moribund in Nigeria; nobody enjoys selling something (electricity) for less than it costs. Hence the lack of supply.

This is why I'm laughing a bit.

Economic impact of 24 hours power supply >>> money from the Delta; I'd much rather have the former than the latter.

And remember, Lagos has an offshore grid producing 210 MW of energy. If Nigeria disintegrates, then Lagos is not bound to give that 210 MW to the national grid anymore, and can instead use it for its own consumption (while charging fair value for it.) If they do this and expand from the 7 offshore barges they have to 30 or 40, then they generate enough electricity to power not only the state, but the rest of the SW.

Do this and I could care less if the Nigeria disintegrates.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
alj harem:

beaf u are very silly for that statement,,,, who are the south-south people

there are ikwerri, yoruba,,itsekiri,,, ijaw,,, uhrobo

so you saying the country will be hungry is very dumb

are there no yorubas in ondo state which is a south-south state

are there no itsekeiri in delta state which is a south-south state

akwa-ibom is full of ikwerri are they compiling

you just ijaw or what every a,, minority in nigeria is shouting,,,, how dumb is that

so you think if balysse state stop producing oil,,we will al die undecided

mumu like you angry

If you like, cry buckets. Only Lagos and the SE can survive a SS pullout from Nigeria. The rest of the country would rapidly become an embarrassement to Africa and a drain on UN aid money.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

You will be very hungry if the SS were to pack and go tomorrow.

diesel has been deregulated for the past two years now.

i'm not 100% sure about kerosene

but petrol is the only subsidised fuel product of concern - the govt has never announced increase of aviation fuel or gas. those are not items that 'move ' the way petrol does (petrol is sold in the millions of litres daily, depots typically store five times as much petrol as other products )

as to blathering about fertiliser, any school child can tell you that subsidies like that go straight to the pockets of governor's proxies.

try again

more to the point, the ss does not produce food. most of the food is produced in the north.

people who have lived up north are usually exasperated at the sharp diffeence in prices of onions, potatoes tomatoes etal in the south.

sometime last year, the trailer drives who ship this stuf down south went on strike . and prices went up immediately.

we are more likely to 'go hungry' if the north secedes.

i remember some daft Arrow was saying so what we will just import food. all we need is a major world food shortage, and we're dead. some thing like that happened with rice n the not to distant past
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
^
SS go hungry? grin
Thats damn funny.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

the only thing really subsidized in nigeria is petrol

and as dapobear pointed out, it is mostly imported. i find it odd that you are blathering about fuel subsides when you have in previous threads been championing the deregulation our finance minister has been promising

if you think you can claim that we have an energy subsidy, you better think again.

netotse:

link

@beaf only pms is subsidized in nigeria

thank you. i ws about to start calling some peeps in my company to confirm

note the bolded.

i have been  on xmas break sinec the 24th. i have been running on generator for at least five straight days.

there is darkness everywhere

there have been several threads in which privatization of nepa has been championed.

so what electricity subsidy is being lied about here?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by netotse(m): 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2011
@dapo bear
lagos has a 21.5% stake in AES. . .it doesn't own it, we've discussed this before haven't we?

as per the subsidy, it isn't that straightforward, a subsidy on petroleum is a susbsidy on transport and we all know if transport prices go up, all other sectors will be affected.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by netotse(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

thank you. i ws about to start calling some peeps in my company to confirm

note the bolded.

i have been  on xmas break sinec the 24th. i have been running on generator for at least five straight days.

there is darkness everywhere

there have been several threads in which privatization of nepa has been championed.

so what electricity subsidy is being lied about here?
see ehn you people should go and appease the PHCN folks in your zone, you guys must have offended them cheesy. . .
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2011
netotse:

see ehn you people should go and appease the PHCN folks in your zone, you guys must have offended them cheesy. . .

its that system collapse na

the benefits of the electricty subsidy we are enjoying courtesy of the nd tongue

i should just be grateful for my circumstances.

its that time of year when it is hooot in lagos.

imagine sending your entire xmas break in the hot dark. subsidy indeed tongue
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2011
netotse:

@dapo bear
lagos has a 21.5% stake in AES. . .it doesn't own it, we've discussed this before haven't we?

I'm not sure what the significance of what exactly the percentage is. In fact, I was under the impression that it was wholly privately owned, and that Lagos didn't have any share in it. Just that a corporation found it advantageous to locate power generation there.

Anyway, the point is that Lagos would be able to quickly get electricity up and running if it were not subject to the regulations and whims of the Nigerian FG (that include sending the generate electricity to the national grid rather than keeping it for their own use.)
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

its that system collapse na

the benefits of the electricty subsidy we are enjoying courtesy of the nd tongue

i should just be grateful for my circumstances.

its that time of year when it is hooot in lagos.

imagine sending your entire xmas break in the hot dark. subsidy indeed tongue

Cos your state provides jack to the national economy, yet you have the guts to complain that dinner isn't the richest meal.
We demand true federalism and justice so you can take care of yourselves, we aint your nanny.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
Beaf:

Cos your state provides jack to the national economy, yet you have the guts to complain that dinner isn't the richest meal.
We demand true federalism and justice so you can take care of yourselves, we aint your nanny.

typical beaf- called out on your lies now you resort to the insults

i would prefer if you lot just seceded.

what the ND has provided , that we can all feel the direct impact of, is the culture of kidnapping and bombing.

i only hope the folks in ondo dont learn the fine art of bunkering

as to the 'contributions to the economy',

the legislooters of nigeria and the visitors to presidency thank the government

as a person who is taxed at source, i certainly do not feel any benefits of sharing a nation with the nd, thank you very much.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Beaf: Fine, we get it. All of us are oil beggars. Oil almajiris, even tongue

Even me, no doubt my college education was paid for by the generous people of the ND. No doubt my village will starve w/o the largesse of the ND. You'll see me on a TV ad. . .

"For only one dollar a day, YOU can feed this hungry Ekiti man!"

And then they'll pan to a shot of me emaciated, my ribs sticking out with a begging bowl, in the lush, bountiful bush near my village tongue
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by netotse(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

I'm not sure what the significance of what exactly the percentage is. In fact, I was under the impression that it was wholly privately owned, and that Lagos didn't have any share in it. Just that a corporation found it advantageous to locate power generation there.

Anyway, the point is that Lagos would be able to quickly get electricity up and running if it were not subject to the regulations and whims of the Nigerian FG (that include sending the generate electricity to the national grid rather than keeping it for their own use.)

lagos gets the lions share of electricity in nigeria dont know the percentage, but it is wayyyyy more than 210MW. Heck back in 2007 some transmission folks in lagos told me that 2000MW would even satisfy lagos. . .
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Even me, no doubt my college education was paid for by the generous people of the ND. No doubt my village will starve w/o the largesse of the ND. You'll see me on a TV ad. . .

And then they'll pan to a shot of me emaciated, my ribs sticking out with a begging bowl, in the lush, bountiful bush near my village tongue

dapo i know you are been sarcastic ,,,but seriously does lagos not have oil undecided

does ondo and even part of osun have oil

beaf i pity you with your myopic views on south-south grin grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by aljharem(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2011
oyb:

typical beaf- called out on your lies now you resort to the insults

i would prefer if you lot just seceded.

what the ND has provided , that we can all feel the direct impact of, is the culture of kidnapping and bombing.

i only hope the folks in ondo dont learn the fine art of bunkering

as to the 'contributions to the economy',

the legislooters of nigeria and the visitors to presidency thank the government

as a person who is taxed at source, i certainly do not feel any benefits of sharing a nation with the nd, thank you very much.

gbammmmm

thank God the yorubas have oil in 3 states out of a total of 5-6 oil producing states

thank GOD now i will see what the yorubas are doing angry

beaf u be really mumu with this ur treat of secession angry angry just like my igbo brothers undecided undecided

why do you all think like this undecided undecided undecided undecided pure pride i tell ya
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by eherbal(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2011
Finally a wind of change blows the air.kwarans can now truly,genuinely,without any form of tele-guidance cast their votes in lieu to their conscience.no more baba sope,no more imposition,no more saraki state.good thing he's had a taste of his own bitter medicine
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by eherbal(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
Finally a wind of change blows the air.kwarans can now truly,genuinely,without any form of tele-guidance cast their votes in lieu to their conscience.no more baba sope,no more imposition,no more saraki state.good thing he's had a taste of his own bitter medicine
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
@neotse: You miss the point. Under the current regulatory environment, the state had very little ability to control how much electricity it generates.

However, if it had the ability to regular power production and how much is charged per kWh, then it could assemble investors and have the entire state powered within 1-2 years.

Like, the fundamental problem is that the subsidy strongly discourages people from investing in the sector. Why invest in generating electricity when it costs $0.10/ kWh to produce and you are mandated to sell it to for $0.04/kWh? (these are approximate numbers, but you get the idea.)

Like I said, I don't much care if Nigeria disintegrates or not. Whatever economy is lost from the measly oil allocations will be made up from simply fixing electricity supply. Something that could be easily done with a regulatory environment in which each state controls the rules governing electricity supply. Then when you add investing in roads, fixing agriculture, investing in manufacturing, then the sky really is the limit. . .

Lagos doesn't even need the ND for the natural gas to power those barges. It would be nice to continue buying cheap pipelined gas from them, but we might have a safer and more secure supply importing LNG for the gas power plants. . .
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
alj harem:

dapo i know you are been sarcastic ,,,but seriously does lagos not have oil undecided

Lagos and the SE are the only ones equipped to survive an SS pullout. Will your Bornu state survive?
I have stated it enough times that our problems are due to ethnic bigotry, lack of justive and love, and a proclivity to life as parasites. The SS feels the pain of being the host to parasites and is being sucked dry, dude go back home and advice your folk that SS people are tired and angry.

Now you are mouthy, what will you do if we pack up and leave? Is it not easier to sort ND issues and implement a better federal model than foolishly praying that the meal table would never develop the legs to walk? Afterall, what do we really have to gain from belonging in a parasitic economy where we are the hosts and many that belong to the majority groups are ethnically bigoted against us?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2011
e-herbal:

It isn't hoorah time yet, Kwara has simply entered a period of bitter father-son politics, it is for the smarter political parties to take advantage. Its going to be a wild (possibly bloody) ride between PDP, ANPP and ACN.
At the end of the day though, Kwara would have emerged a better place, free of feudal overlordship and the Saraki dynasty.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
alj harem:

Here is a map of Nigeria:

Nigeria has a goodly amount of offshore oil. I'm not sure what the exact amount is, though. As you can see, Lagos, Ogun and Ondo would all have oil. And we could bring in investors to explore for more oil off of our coast.

Anyway, I'm not at all worried. . . I think oil is overrated anyway.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by jason123: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Dapo, don't get it twisted. Lagos, ondo and ogun state has oil. The SW is very capable to survive with or without the SS oil. Do not bother yourself with anyone that sees the SW as parasites. We dey sidon dey watch! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Visits House Of Representatives, Pictured With Dogara (photo) / Who Are The Majority In Delta State, Urhobo, Itsekiri Or Igbos? / APC Chairman Promises To Work Towards Tinubu Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.