Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration (10771 Views)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / Senator Stoned For Supporting Saraki, Leaves Hat And Slippers Behind In Escape / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:19am On Jan 01, 2011
Saraki dumps PDP
Our Reporter 01/01/2011 02:49:00 

Prominent Nigerian politician and leader of the Northern Union (NU), Dr. Olusola Saraki, has dumped the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara State.

he elder statesman, however, did not announce the party that he and his supporters would defect to, saying that would soon be made public.

Dependable sources, however, said the politician would publicly declare the choice of his party to his supporters tomorrow (Sunday).

The politician, popularly known as Olooye, made his decision to dump the PDP known shortly after receiving the National Chairman of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, in his GRA home in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

[b]He said: "The door of the PDP has been locked against me. I cannot enter. And by their law, when that door is locked, there is no way to enter it unless you want to break it. But I don’t want to break it, as I am a law-abiding person. The law of PDP is so dry, and once it is applied, it is very difficult to cross.

"When I met President Goodluck Jonathan, I told him I was leaving the party. The PDP says congresses can only be run by delegates and delegates have been determined before the ward congresses in the state.

"I have left the PDP and anybody who believes in me will follow me to another party. But my absence from home gave them a lot of chance to do all this, considering how the party was taken over by us and considering how we have been managing it.

"They have locked the door, so that another candidate cannot get any delegates to support him. So, what is the point in putting your head into it? So, the best thing is to leave, and that is why I left. Some people just sit somewhere to prevent others from entering the door."[/b]

Dr. Saraki had earlier told the ANPP chairman that the masses of the state were earnestly waiting for him to declare for his next choice party.

Sounding emotional, he said: "My son, Bukola, spent a lot of time in Abuja helping the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to stabilise his government, leaving the PDP to be run by others at home. Those people have done a lot of damage to his government.

"Please, join me to pray to God to bring my son back home for me."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23419.html
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:22am On Jan 01, 2011
I pray that the rest of the cabal hurries up and leaves like Saraki. Its the first sign of victory of the good side, IBB is expected to join him anytime soon.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 01, 2011
Hopefully to APGA
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 3:35am On Jan 01, 2011
So in other words, another state that GEJ and the PDP will lose in the 2011 presidential elections? tongue
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:39am On Jan 01, 2011
eku_bear:

So in other words, another state that GEJ and the PDP will lose in the 2011 presidential elections? tongue

Kwara has never been counted as a GEJ state, but he will get the required 1/4 of the vote there. . . Kwara state just opened for real politics.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ekubear1: 3:40am On Jan 01, 2011
So which states is GEJ then likely to win? SE, SS, I guess parts of the middle belt? Doesn't sound like enough for a presidency, does it?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Kilode1: 3:45am On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

Kwara has never been counted as a GEJ state, but he will get the required 1/4 of the vote there. . . Kwara state just opened for real politics.

It's high time Kwara joined the progressives but without the confused Saraki though.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by reporter1: 3:51am On Jan 01, 2011
If Saraki leaves PDP for another party. PDP will definitely lose Kwara and possibly Kogi as well. It's not looking good for PDP.
Hopefully, AC can capitalize on this internal rumblings within the PDP
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:55am On Jan 01, 2011
eku_bear:

So which states is GEJ then likely to win? SE, SS, I guess parts of the middle belt? Doesn't sound like enough for a presidency, does it?

He will win the Middle Belt by landslide, same as the SS and SE. All Christian states in the North like Bauchi etc, will be easy meat as well. In other parts, he will get the required 1/4th of the vote. GEJ's is on trajectory for a landslide victory. Forget about the fairy tale discussions we have on NL, most people have no clue because they are abroad. GEJ is a very popular President, because ordinary people identify with him and that gives him further impetus to push for free and fair elections, because he knows there is no competion in the market places, motor packs and on the streets.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 3:57am On Jan 01, 2011
Kilode?!:

It's high time Kwara joined the progressives but without the confused Saraki though.

Thats true, that state has been turned into a family business. It is so sad in these modern times.
I feel though that Kwarans will simply continue being enslaved by the Saraki's under the ANPP banner.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 6:08am On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

He will win the Middle Belt by landslide, same as the SS and SE. All Christian states in the North like Bauchi etc, will be easy meat as well. In other parts, he will get the required 1/4th of the vote.[b] GEJ's is on trajectory for a landslide victory. [/b]Forget about the fairy tale discussions we have on NL, most people have no clue because they are abroad. GEJ is a very popular President, because ordinary people identify with him and that gives him further impetus to push for free and fair elections, because he knows there is no competion in the market places, motor packs and on the streets.

Surely, you are joking!

Landslide ko, creekslide ni.

Are we talking about the primaries or the general election.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by AceJam: 6:36am On Jan 01, 2011
So Saraki can be frustrated too?  Na wa for politics o.  grin

No permanent friend only permanent interest  grin grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by jogotai: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2011
This is man is looking for power by all means- greedy power seekers.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2011
More big fishes will still leave PDP. Alot of them are just there now to stir up confusion/problems. The way I see it, Gej will have to be either a sorcerer or magician to win the general election. The gang up is becoming very glaring
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Abagworo(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2011
For Jonathan to peacefully win 2011 elections without rigging,he also needs to leave PDP.There will be a widespread burning of PDP state offices and mobbing of their officials if next years election is rigged in their favour.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by ladi02(m): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2011
Haha. .the counsel of the wicked is getting scattered!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by AceJam: 11:21am On Jan 01, 2011
I hope he is leaving with his princes and princesses too? grin grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
fstrangest:

Surely, you are joking!

Landslide ko, creekslide ni.

Are we talking about the primaries or the general election.

I believe you are in the US, thats why the clownish understanding of what is on the ground.
I said GEJ is headed for a landslide in the general elections.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

I believe you are in the US, thats why the clownish understanding of what is on the ground.
I said GEJ is headed for a landslide in the general elections.

Look, he needs to get past the PDP primaries first

Then we can begin to talk of a landslide victory

Secondly, even if he wins, I doubt he'd last a year

The North is mad and they would do anything to have their way.

I am not ruling out a palace coup after the election!
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
fstrangest:

Look, he needs to get past the PDP primaries first

Then we can begin to talk of a landslide victory

Secondly, even if he wins, I doubt he'd last a year

The North is mad and they would do anything to have their way.

I am not ruling out a palace coup after the election!

Do they eat acid in the North? Or do you actually know what fuels the country? Please, I am not interested in ignorant discussions. If the so called "North" tries any nonsense, they will be sunk before they can blink, we power the whole bloody country. People like you really don't understand what the ND can do, all you bigots see are "minorities," but wait until crunch time.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

Do they eat acid in the North? Or do you actually know what fuels the country? Please, I am not interested in ignorant discussions. If the so called "North" tries any nonsense, they will be sunk before they can blink, we power the whole bloody country. People like you really don't understand what the ND can do, all you bigots see are "minorities," but wait until crunch time.

Irritating as your attitude may seem, I do like your braggadocio

You are so funny! grin grin grin grin
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

The greatest delusion of all times by the Gej propaganda web minister! Now I can't help but conclude that you are a minor. Do u think d smesme of hit and run by some bunch of faceless militants[most of them mercenaries] will save the day if a full scale war starts?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by hercules07: 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Beaf

Bauchi is not a Christian state in the North, areas such as Toro (close to Jos) might have Christian majority which I doubt, the majority of the people in Bauchi are muslims.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2011
jabbok:

The greatest delusion of all times by the Gej propaganda web minister! Now I can't help but conclude that you are a minor. Do u think d smesme of hit and run by some bunch of faceless militants[most of them mercenaries] will save the day if a full scale war starts?

You are funny. If we can power the whole country, why can we not hire battalions of mecenaries and acquire sophisticated weapons in a matter of days? Most of you are too dull. I don't know if you never had milk as kids.

Do you really understand how much money the ND generates daily? It is only a fool that thinks the barren North can ever hold us to ransome, so sing another weird song.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
hercules07:

@Beaf

Bauchi is not a Christian state in the North, areas such as Toro (close to Jos) might have Christian majority which I doubt, the majority of the people in Bauchi are muslims.

You are right, I wrote Bauchi by mistake, they have a large Christian population, but are majority Muslim.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by fstrangest: 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

You are funny. If we can power the whole country, why can we not hire battalions of mecenaries and acquire sophisticated weapons in a matter of days? Most of you are too dull. I don't know if you never had milk as kids.

Do you really understand how much money the ND generates daily? It is only a fool that thinks the barren North can ever hold us to ransome, so sing another weird song.

Ode

Who does business with the Oil companies. . . those rag tag touts or the FGN?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Beaf: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2011
fstrangest:

Ode

Who does business with the Oil companies. . . those rag tag touts or the FGN?

Forget about touts, somebody foolishly mentioned war. Touts don't command or lead wars. Even more important, the oil companies don't give a rats arse about the FG or Nigeria. Is the oil in Abuja?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Rhino5dm: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
this beaf self.
hmm. for that kind of fight no amnesty ooo. grin grin grin

any fight wey una begin our hand no dey o. this time around the ibos will claim back their abandoned properties

Beaf:

i doubt if those rag tags boys can withstand the power of aboki's (now suicide bombers) shocked shocked for more than 6 hours. john togo, asari , ateke, faro, boyloaf undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by calyx: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Beaf

If your claim is true that Jonathan is a very popular president, how come you are the only one in many threads who rise in support of Jonathan whenever any issue is up.

Is it that you like to live in illusion or that your just doing what they have asked of you?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by TippyTop(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
calyx:

@Beaf

If your claim is true that Jonathan is a very popular president, how come you are the only one in many threads who rise in support of Jonathan whenever any issue is up.

Is it that you like to live in illusion or that your just doing what they have asked of you?

Those against GEJ are more vocal, most Nairaland opinion polls always tip GEJ ahead of current contestants.
You also forgot to check who started this thread, should Beaf start a thread and leave it?
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
The old Fox is at it again, who can stop him in his tracks? But for real I think Bukola is a deluded, overambitious bumpkin if he feels he can force his legendary/oracular father into retirement and thereafter assume the revered role of Godfather - by installing ex sports minister Bio as governor. What an ungrateful fool. Anyways, he SHALL be given a bloody nose (fair and square) as ALL of his predecessors were.

It would be very interesting if Oloye Saraki joins the ACN (as opposed to the obsolescent ANPP). As sure as death that would mean yet another state in the kitty for ACN (and its first in the North); effectively strengthening it to wage battle with the Hydra-Headed monster called PDP. Furthermore, Saraki's entry would boost the possibility (albeit remote) of the ACN's presidential candidate clinching the presidency in the forthcoming elections.

In any case Oloye's candidate (Gbemisola Saraki) would win the governorship election under any party's ticket - even if it is 'Pastor' Chris Okotie's Fresh Party. Interesting times lie ahead.
Re: Saraki Leaves PDP In Frustration by 9ijaMan: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

He will win the Middle Belt by landslide, same as the SS and SE. All Christian states in the North like Bauchi etc, will be easy meat as well. In other parts, he will get the required 1/4th of the vote. GEJ's is on trajectory for a landslide victory. Forget about the fairy tale discussions we have on NL, most people have no clue because they are abroad. GEJ is a very popular President, because ordinary people identify with him and that gives him further impetus to push for free and fair elections, because he knows there is no competion in the market places, motor packs and on the streets.
Keep dreaming. I just could not help but laugh at your outright folly. This your political jobbing business is sure not good for you at all. You should become a jester or a comedian!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Understanding Nigeria’s High Poverty Rate: The Upper, Middle And Lower Class / Atiku Launches Education Programme For IDP Children In Yola (photos) / Oyo Blast: Seyi Makinde Thanks Lagos For Releasing LASEMA To Support The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.