Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

I Weep For My Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep For My Country. (1144 Views)

The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland / With Pictures Like This, I Weep For Nigeria, / Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria has entered the stage of unredeemable,a state of absolute break down of rationality,a state where unreasonableness has become right and people go to the extent of fighting and dying for stupidity.

We need to fight and resist evil by all means.All hands of rationality should be on deck up against the hands of irrationality,tribe,religion and creeds not withstanding.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by jogotai: 8:27am On Jan 01, 2011
Lets pray for this Nation, things will change for good.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by MaJBlige(f): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2011
"We"? as in the ones who already condemned us as a failed state? or from who? I am lost.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by OCE: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
My dear, what in particular are you weeping about? Enlighten me.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
When i think of nigeria now,i think of somalia,afganistan,pakistan and co.An uncontrollable,senseless and mind dwindling armargedom.

It can never be same in nigeria,the real scums of the earth have taken ground and our generation will be engage in a serious fight against senselessness in our life time.It is no longer the case of corruption and maladministration,this is a different war that never seems to go away

You got to fight now or you die uselessly
Re: I Weep For My Country. by Depilot(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2011
What is going to happen sooner or later is simple, and it is called "Welcome back Military"
My prediction: Military will return with condition to stay around for may be 10 months. They will clean the house, conduct a fair election and turn power over to real people that mean well for this great country.
Nigeria is a dead spot on African map if this doesn't happen, because our past, current and future leaders are totally determined to suck this nation dry till the end of time.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by Depilot(m): 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
You got to fight now or you die uselessly
@Redsun:
Unfortunately, Nigerians are not built to fight; therefore your suggestion is good as dreaming on a mountain.
Our corrupt leaders have designed things in Nigeria to favor them, their families and friends for the next 10 to 20 years. Believe it or not, the only hope for Nigeria is to start praying for a sensible group of Nigerian military to quickly take over with conditions in place.

1. Clean up the house.
2. Modify and enforce our weak constitutions.
3. Conduct a fair election and turn the power over to educated, dedicated, reasonable Nigerians.
4. Share power and monitor the activities of the new government for the next 10 years.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2011
Fight does not necessarilly mean physical but mental aswell.The only hope for nigerians is for them to become conscious of themselves and take their destinies in the hand.Nigerian military and politics goes hand in hands,the soldiers are politicians and vice versa
Re: I Weep For My Country. by MaJBlige(f): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
Bros, we have been fighting since. Niger Delta - no be fight? Boko Haram, no be fight? Bombings, no be for fight? Which fight will be more than these?
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2011
Niger deltans are fighting for freedom,for justice,for their fundamental human rights and that of the whole country.Fighting for life but these people are fighting for death,their mission is to die and go to illussive heaven,they are losers an ared not fighting to stay alive.

They are hard to fight,the only way they can be eliminated from the root is for the system to stay upright and bring back disillusion nigerians that are now threading on the part of death as a result of hopelessness.

Nigerian naturally wants to stay alive.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
I was in the club(reggae) this morning but each time i think of the sub human circumstance nigeria has gone into ideologically,my blood runs cold,it is a faith that befalls a nation that perishes.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2011
The message of reggae is just a contrast to the message of armageddom that fundamentalism transmit,quite contradictory to what is happening in my country,the message of freedom and insights.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by ifele(m): 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2011
Nigerian Military cannot be trusted to normalize the situation. They have committed many atrocities all over

Nigeria especially in the Delta. Remeber the 20 years this PDP reign how they oppressed the folks and looted

the treasury. They stole billions of dollars and imprisoned so many good people. So can you trust them? Its

like trusting Satan to change his ways. The Nigerian military is part of the problem of Nigeria. They must not kill

GEJ.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by buzugee(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
redsun:

I was in the club(reggae) this morning but each time i think of the sub human circumstance nigeria has gone into ideologically,my blood runs cold,it is a faith that befalls a nation that perishes.
you do know that seeing as you are in england, the onslaught of bad news from nigeria from the british media and disillusioned nigerians in britain seems magnified because you are in a relatively utopic cocoon. everything is magnified in your head. but the reality on the ground is that nigeria is so sweettt and peaceful its unbelievable. how do i know ? my sister and brother live in ikeja. i get feedback everyday. they always send pictures of going to the beach, the mall, enjoying themselves in the 'compound', they all look happy and healthy (healthier than most nigerians i see in america and england ). so ermmm yeah i think nigerians living abroad have become so sissified to the point of being 'alarmists'
Re: I Weep For My Country. by ifele(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria is Done. Finish
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
The military and politicians are the same.

Obasanjo is a soldier,danjuam is a soldier,david mark is a soldier,meanwhile they are all statesmen and top policy makers.Once a soldier,is always a soldier.Nigerian politicians are soldiers in agbada,that is why they act like zombies.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2011
ifele:

Nigeria is Done. Finish

It is the last frontier.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by redsun(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
Even the western press are not giving these occurrences in nigeria coverage,just like they subdued the manliness chenny case.The fact remains that it is a new dimension in porously secured society like nigeria,a haven for even crudely orgarnized terrorists

What does it take to come to ikeja and reign havoc?Nowhere is safe in nigeria as long as these motherfuckers are on the loose.
Re: I Weep For My Country. by dumodust(m): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2011
you guys can continue weeping. most nigerians spend more time praying than actually trying to change things and besides than, most of us pray for the opprtunity to loot and commit crime, we label it opprtunity and prosperity without working. dont weep bro, just continue doing your best,

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Chairman, Farida Waziri: A Good Friend Of Ikedi Ohakim During His 419 Years / Credential, Credential - Who Has The Best? Buhari, Ribadu, Gej. / Jumoke Academy Honored By Caribbean Trade Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.