Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

I Need Help (please read) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Help (please read) (1677 Views)

Fear Girls .... Please Read These 10 Things That Will Shock You. / When an Unhappy Married Man Falls Deeply Inlove with a lady (Please Read) / Ladies Taking Their Boyfriend Names To Pastors Please Read This (true Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
I know you people like romance stories grin but I'm here for something different, pardon me (had to use this section because of traffic)

I'd like to acquire a new skill since I have more than enough time, thanks to the lockdown. I'm thinking of graphics designing, I've checked videos on YouTube, I saw lots of interesting contents but I don't know where to begin from. Please I want to know the tools I'd need as a beginner, I would also appreciate if I get some tutorial videos.

P.S I want to learn the basics, hopefully when this Corona thingy is over I'd learn professionally.

You can send them to my mail nessyroberts01@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
First of all, my profound gratitude to Covid-19, as it has restored some sense of belonging to most people...

Secondly, I will advise you to stick to what will work best for you... We might suggest you dive into costume and make-up, but frying of akara and yam might be what your heart desire.

I wish you well all the same.

Stay Safe.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
You can check Coursera or Udemy for very relevant graphic design courses that make sense.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
First of all, my profound gratitude to Covid-19, as it has restored some sense of belonging to most people...

Secondly, I will advise you to stick to what will work best for you... We might suggest you dive into costume and make-up, but frying of akara and yam might be what your heart desire.

I wish you well all the same.

Stay Safe.

You mustn't jump on every thread to play, this post required a serious response.. but I see this is all you have to offer. Ciao

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
You can check Coursera or Udemy for very relevant graphic design courses that make sense.

do you have access to their courses?
Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
missimelda01:

You mustn't jump on every thread to play, this post required a serious response.. but I see this is all you have to offer. Ciao
And who's playing with you? You thought I was joking with my comment?

Show appreciation and move on.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
missimelda01:

Just go to their websites (udemydotcom and courseradotorg) and search for graphic design courses. You can then register for free and choose the course you wish to take and join if the period is close. Many are free but you may have to pay for a certificate of participation. Some are paid, but most are not more than $10-$20 per course. For that, you get up to 3months of videos, power point presentations and pdf files. And the courses can be excellently structured. Personally, I find Udemy to be more user friendly.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Just go to their websites (udemydotcom and courseradotorg) and search for graphic design courses. You can then register for free and choose the course you wish to take and join if the period is close. Many are free but you may have to pay for a certificate of participation. Some are paid, but most are not more than $10-$20 per course. For that, you get up to 3months of videos, power point presentations and pdf files. And the courses can be excellently structured. Personally, I find Udemy to be more user friendly.
Okay, thank you!
Re: I Need Help (please read) by evil1: 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
missimelda01:
I know you people like romance stories grin but I'm here for something different, pardon me (had to use this section because of traffic)

I'd like to acquire a new skill since I have more than enough time, thanks to the lockdown. I'm thinking of graphics designing, I've checked videos on YouTube, I saw lots of interesting contents but I don't know where to begin from. Please I want to know the tools I'd need as a beginner, I would also appreciate if I get some tutorial videos.

P.S I want to learn the basics, hopefully when this Corona thingy is over I'd learn professionally.

Thank you.

Continue using YouTube to learn its the easiest an surest way to learn stuffs
You can design with adobe photoshop. There are other designing platforms though. Wen I remember and get close to my laptop I will send them to you
Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
evil1:

Continue using YouTube to learn its the easiest an surest way to learn stuffs
You can design with adobe photoshop. There are other designing platforms though. Wen I remember and get close to my laptop I will send them to you

YouTube is good, but when I search I get too many results that I end up viewing about 5 videos before getting what I want, what I need is a guideline. How soon before you get close to your laptop, I could remind you.
Re: I Need Help (please read) by evil1: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
missimelda01:

I'm a lawyer but i like tech stuffs and majority of my time i spend it online except for some months now i hv stayed away for personal reasons. And I like ur do though, ur beautiful

I know of adobe photoshop is used to make designs especially 3d mockup logos.

YouTube is good, but when I search I get too many results that I end up viewing about 5 videos before getting what I want, what I need is a guideline. How soon before you get close to your laptop, I could remind you.
Until this lockdown is over cos my laptop is not with me here in PH.
But besides YouTube you can dig up stuffs along the line of u trying to do research and finding solutions to ur work. That us how I get to learn most times and end up opening several tabs in my laptop.

You can start with free design makers especially logos etc.
Google ur work and you will find so many important and unimportant results.

Though I don't do graphic design but will check out for u cos I HV some of those graphic design stuffs in my laptop
Re: I Need Help (please read) by tripplephi: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
missimelda01:

Thank you.

get a mentor someone that can walk you through the process and you can be accountable to.

happy easter.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help (please read) by dannex4adx(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
missimelda01:

Thank you.

please I would like to learn it too. please don't forget to tell me where you started from after you have got the answer.
Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
tripplephi:

get a mentor someone that can walk you through the process and you can be accountable to.

happy easter.
That would help but I don't know anyone who is willing to help.
Re: I Need Help (please read) by seyezy: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
You can visit this link to download any video on Udemy for free: www.desirecourse.net.

Please note that you need to have vuze installed on your system
missimelda01:

1 Like

Re: I Need Help (please read) by Heemcelph: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2020
Follow Andrei Oprinca on psdbox or his YouTube channel.
Check out his old uploads on 'Tutorials for Beginners'
I learnt the basics of art/graphic works from following his work from way back (2012).
Sometimes you'd need to follow his steps to recreate his art/graphic works, it'll help you to know the functions of most tools.
Start with Ps, from there you can venture into Ai.
Good luck.

Modified:
Download whatever YouTube video on art/graphic works that catches your attention, that way you can still view them offline over and over again while practicing.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help (please read) by Edge1(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Embrace YouTube for now. But before then, make a clear cut of what you are passionate about before you start. Good luck
Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 20, 2020
missimelda01:

Thank you.
Are u in Lag, I have them in series but its 12.7gig

It's not something that can be sent online except.....

1 Like

Re: I Need Help (please read) by missimelda01(f): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2020
Macsjebs:

Are u in Lag, I have them in series but its 12.7gig

It's not something that can be sent online except.....

I can get it after the lockdown, thanks.
Re: I Need Help (please read) by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2020
missimelda01:

I can get it after the lockdown, thanks.
You are welcome
Re: I Need Help (please read) by Venzal: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
missimelda01:

Thank you.
I know this thread is already stale and you probably found a solution; but I just stumbled on it thread and want to toss in my 2 cents.

Firstly, @the emboldened, you seem to underestimate the biz section. There's a steady flow of traffic there too with life-changing information lying all around the block. I suggest you visit more often.

Having said that, your best bet, like a good fellow pointed up above, is to get a mentor. Someone who is willing to take you under their wings. When it comes to skill acquisition, I've found that that's the fastest way to attain mastery. S/he might even help you seamlessly start getting your first set of clients to boost your confidence.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

N.W.A Straight Outta Compton Album Download. Full / Guys What's The Best Way To Approach A Lady / Today's Waec Mathematics Question Paper Leaked !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.