Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) (130490 Views)

No NIN Slip Just An Email With The NIN Number / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by kimjessey2019: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
Who wants to die .
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Comedian2019: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
dawnomike:
When you live in a sane community where the system is filled with sanity...This is what you get!
Yes, where the leaders are not thieves. Where people don't vote in thugs to rule them. Where the rulers don't borrow off the present and future of their citizens. Where the masses are not hungry and angry.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by nedekid: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ladylite:
There is police o...... Cameras are everywhere. We can't go out
What palatives have they given you guys over there?
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by uniqueama1(f): 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
This can only happen in a sane country where the citizens don't have to cry out for welfare package cos everything is orderly and the government have its citizens at heart. So why would they flout any order given to them. If I were in such a clime,I would gladly obey too without any coercion.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Brunicekid(m): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
dawnomike:
When you live in a sane community where the system is filled with sanity...This is what you get!
VERY TRUE!!!
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by belzabull(f): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
A country that works. Police are on regular patrol particularly at night. You dare not be seen outside beyond 8pm
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by KaptainAfrika: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
The beauty of a dictatorship. Any act of disobedience and off to jail.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
at challenge,Ibadan this evening.

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Some of these rats that are here hailing our God forsaken leaders don't know that there was a time this country came begging nigeria to invest in their country and our negative thinking leaders turned them down.

Now look at the two countries. nigeria is a doomed country

2 Likes

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Basher8583: 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
etrange:
Actually, this is not true. Pictures of scanty or deserted roads can be taken in virtually all countries now including Nigeria.

First, Dubai police has been going around urging people to go stay home.

Second, residents were threatened with jail terms or a fine between AED200,000 to AED1,000,000 if they break the stay-at-home order. A European living in the city was recently arrested for encouraging others to ignore the order.

Controlling people is not that easy anywhere.

Here's the police patrolling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78WU9Sm3KVQ

Here's how the law is enforced:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/en.vogue.me/culture/uae-dubai-stay-home-campaign-fine/amp/

Thank you very much for this.some people will just open a thread to maliciously wail for no reason

1 Like

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by belzabull(f): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
uniqueama1:
This can only happen in a sane country where the citizens don't have to cry out for welfare package cos everything is orderly and the government have its citizens at heart. So why would they flout any order given to them. If I were in such a clime,I would gladly obey too without any coercion.
You dare not flout their law. Cameras everywhere even in the streets

Even now, if police catches you anywhere without a face mask, your own don red be dat, you must cough out a very heavy fine

4 Likes

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Basher8583: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
Some of these rats that are here hailing our God forsaken leaders don't know that there was a time this country came begging nigeria to invest in their country and our negative thinking leaders turned them down.

Now look at the two countries. nigeria is a doomed country

Why are you so dumb like this. is that not uae that all your governors and past presidents have invested a lot in

2 Likes

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by kemi90268: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
y2uopewxdr
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by AreaFada2: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Npower:
*I've not heard this sentence in a while....I saw you with my coro coro eyes*
Nobody wants Coro in their eyes now o. Wetin dey cause that kind joke? grin
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by extol1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

No be person wey don chop dey follow order?? Nigeria is always putting the cart before the horse. Which I can champion a cause that will make voters have sense in 2023!
I doubt it if Nigerians will still have sense till then.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
What did u expect,people are not living from hand to mouth,they can afford to stay till next yr without working
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Thefxchanger: 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
Countries with sane people...

Not Nigeria where they need to be kicked and beaten like goats...

Nigerians be claiming "hunger" as if people in other countries dont feel hunger or everyone in other countries are wealthy
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by sulaak(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
justnock:
Combination of Law and Order. The citizens obey the laws of the land, seamlessly.

They obey the law because they fear the enforcement of the order.

The police in Dubai don't take bribes. Nobody respect the Nigerian police, if they weren't armed they would be stoned on every occasion

3 Likes

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by etrange: 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
AnanseK:

You may site a thousand sites and another thousand videos and pictures but you know deep down in your mind that Nigerians are lawless and cannot be compared to Dubai or even lesser countries when it comes to civic responsibilities for both the rulers and the ruled.

I'm not comparing. Let's not deviate. I'm just saying what OP said isn't entirely true. That's all. I've stayed in Dubai. I hardly ever saw their police so I know their laws are strict and followed.

1 Like

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Philadelphia: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2020
copiescopy:
No police, No Military, No Media just an order, and No noise about police harrassment. that is Dubai for you

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrainandMoney/status/1243588351409750029
Just put one Nigerian there and let's see what happens
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by gloriaunobi(f): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Are you living there
Yes

1 Like

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
copiescopy:
No police, No Military, No Media just an order, and No noise about police harrassment. that is Dubai for you

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrainandMoney/status/1243588351409750029

When head correct, why body no go correct?
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
dawnomike:

You need sane people to have a sane system. Nigerians love disobeying authorities back home
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Sensiblerealist: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
The two lanes close to the bottom right corner with street light and a luminous advert screen

VIRGINlabia:

Which road in particular is Sheik Zayed road?.....the flyover or the one at the far left or the one under the flyover or the one before the flyover
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by etrange: 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
chicent2k3:

Stop misleading people. This is not the dubai police. They don't use blue color.

That's the new Abu Dhabi patrol car colour. The entire UAE employed the same strategy. The anti Covid-19 policies were set at the national level.

I've stayed in both UAE and Nigeria. I stay in North America now. I know Nigeria has a long way to go but one thing I know for sure is that people don't just obey orders like the OP painted it. It comes with threats and strict penalties.

1 Like

Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Rationist: 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
VIRGINlabia:

Which road in particular is Sheik Zayed road?.....the flyover or the one at the far left or the one under the flyover or the one before the flyover

Before the flyover
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by simonfynboi(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
If I de dis kind place wia i wan comot go na
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by deavicky(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
DriggityDre:

Are you implying that you are currently in Dubai
LadyLi NUS
watin concern you wither lies?
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by don89(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
See Nigerians comparing themselves to white people, see black and wicked nation like Nigeria where almost every one is corrupt and selfish comparing themselves to good hearted people ,hehehe , I laugh in English ,una no dey shame after electing your great grand father to be your president by shouting change, you want your cursed country to be like Dubai ,hahaha. Tomorrow you all will still look for one old baba to be your president in this 21 century.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ladylite:
There is police o...... Cameras are everywhere. We can't go out
don’t mind OP. He thinks these countries still live in the Stone Age like Nigeria where we have to physically put police on every corner.

You just try and drive anyhow there because you don’t see police. When your fine and photo will be mailed to your address fear go catch you.
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by Coronavirus1: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
As you sanitizer your hands against COVID-19, also sanitize your heart against hate, greed, jealousy, unforgiving spirit, violence, disunity, lies and unfaithfulness..
Stay Safe..stay home help the poor like this account number no food to eat family of 8 God bless you as you give.
First bank .
Re: Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) by perdollar(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
u can hardly find mosque there, go to North of Nigeria every 50m is a mosque with its associated stench from were they wash there thing after peeing n mistakenly pooing too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.