Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward (40221 Views)

Oby Ezekwesilis' Past Post On Fuel Subsidy Going Viral On Twitter / Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 07, 2020
The thing is , oil prices right now are too low for us to earn enough money to pay subsidies. They are also low enough for the government to reduce prices, but the thing is

1.When we come out of this COVID19 crisis, we will end up with the account depleted

2.The only way forward is by removing subsidy.

3.Subsidy savings can be used to pay for health, education, etc.(hopefully...if they don't loot it)

The thing is, we should have removed subsidy in 2011 or earlier. But people don't want to pay higher for food and for other things. At the same time, we are throwing away trillions of naira down a big hole in the name of subsidy. It's time we ended this thing

So that we can have investment in more refineries, so that NNPC can be privatized, and so that we can have increased revenue...and eventually a market driven fall in oil prices.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Bidi123: 6:09am On Apr 07, 2020
Now that Covid 19 is attacking the politicians they want to build standard health centre. politicians always build with their mouths. where is your brother Abba Kyari the evil man, has he recover.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by VillageHead: 6:12am On Apr 07, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
Until Nigerians decide to take matters into their hands and confront these guys by way of revolution, all these nasty lies will not end.

You are 100% correct here.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by persius555(m): 6:12am On Apr 07, 2020
Believe this statement at your own peril

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by megley(f): 6:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Post yi long sha, kilode??
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 07, 2020
There has been no subsidy since 2015.what there has been is under recovery. Unless the fg fully leaves the price of fuel to market forces ie every one makes their own price regime, this is just empty talk
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Rollins777(m): 6:20am On Apr 07, 2020
Buhari is afraid that this might be the end of the world hence why cancel paying of subsidy. Hahahaha incompetence government.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by tollyboy5(m): 6:23am On Apr 07, 2020
IamCookie:
Whatever!
I hope you know some other things, Nigeria youth don’t know sh1t! Worst of all the girls they don’t even have the brain to know sh1t. undecided
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Alal(m): 6:25am On Apr 07, 2020
Good analysis, thanks sir.
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2020
seunlayi:
So far, thanks uncle Covid-19.

I also hope that Uncle Covid-19 will help us to perform a factory reset on the Operating system of our politicians
Judges
Legislators
Our law enforcement agents
Etc
When they asked you people to vote for younger men as president. You voted ancestors and you want him to build good operating system.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 07, 2020
Hemanwel:
Sometimes, when I hear people say that this APC government is taking Nigerians for fools, I think they are understating it.

I am honestly still searching for the right word to use in describing what this APC government takes Nigerians to be.

They are not calling us fools. They are just forcefully holding the nation to ransom. After all, they have the paraphernalia of power. This is misrule, plain and simple. When they are done, they hope to have crippled Nigeria, having effectively transferred all the money to themselves.
Let's see whether God will agree.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by bentwood85(m): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2020
Which way Nigeria.

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2020
megley:
Post yi long sha, kilode??

Much of the time, the females are absent when the most important issues are being discussed. Bring a thread about Tacha, and all of them appear.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by effido666: 6:32am On Apr 07, 2020
Let him continue leading us like d president .....i wil jail dem wen I bcom d president undecided okie post=88175005]Whatever! [/quote]
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by iswallker(m): 6:37am On Apr 07, 2020
Splashme:

So, why is NNPC still fixing prices?
Why not allow marketers sell at market prices ?

The mere fact that NNPC is still fixing prices to allow for uniformity nationwide
means there will definitely be subsidy

$

But we will be there to sustain security of supply at market price...

Market price means NNPC will not fix PMS prices going forward - let's see how this pans out.. grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 07, 2020
Please guys can anyone please giving me 2000. Please hunger want to kill person. Thanks God bless.
Acc:1000465025 vfd microfinance bank.
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Mazda231: 6:48am On Apr 07, 2020
If you have limited Paypal account with funds inside which has exceeded 180days.i can help you withdraw the funds if you are interested check my signature to contact me via WhatsAp
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by COMPAQ(m): 6:53am On Apr 07, 2020
If the Federal government is serious they should boldly come out and announce the deregulation of the petrol importation and pricing. This sneaky way they are going about it shows a lack of courage.

In fact this is the best time to announce it because of the lock down. NLC won't be able to come out grin. But if deregulation is announced today and marketers take over the price of petrol should actually fall to about N100. As it is now FG is over recovering to earn extra income.

Funny enough though crude oil prices have been low for about a month now and diesel is still likr N210. What's going on?
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by contigiency(m): 6:53am On Apr 07, 2020
This is long over due. I am very happy about this.
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by scobaba: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2020
Some Good News Finally.
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by adecz: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2020
We should be talking of stopping
fuel importation, not about paying
or not paying subsidy..

Mad people!!!
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by GEEBITE: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2020
Isn't under recovery not euphemism for subsidy in fact it is a synonym. After deception comes reality bro,keep working hard it,you will surely find yourself in a hole you dug.
ornicus:
There has been no subsidy since 2015.what there has been is under recovery. Unless the fg fully leaves the price of fuel to market forces ie every one makes their own price regime, this is just empty talk
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by NairaMaster1(m): 7:02am On Apr 07, 2020
kikero:
I won't believe it until marketers are allowed to set their prices for fuel, not the government.

So long as government sets prices there is a subsidy.

Exactly, because when we talk tomorrow it will become fake news and hate speech
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by bigtt76(f): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2020
Na today? Abegi.... All the subsidies una don de remove since God knows when yet una still de pay cheesy

gr8keeng:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/oil-price-slump-fg-not-returning-fuel-subsidy-under-recovery-nnpc/

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Cocolatti(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2020
seunlayi:
So far, thanks uncle Covid-19.

I also hope that Uncle Covid-19 will help us to perform a factory reset on the Operating system of our politicians
Judges
Legislators
Our law enforcement agents
Etc
Number 4 may never change because even in this Covid -19 problem they are killing and abusing civilians and threatening to rape and infect them with HIV.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Staphylococcus: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Brilliant!
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by yommen: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2020
kikero:
I won't believe it until marketers are allowed to set their prices for fuel, not the government.

So long as government sets prices there is a subsidy.

Prices should be regulated by government. You don't want situation where a filling station will sell at the rate of 110 Naira all for them to fill your tank with much less in terms of quantity.
Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by willexyaho(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2020
Kyari again!

Nigeria is in the hand of God.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by AngryNigerian(m): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2020
gr8keeng:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/oil-price-slump-fg-not-returning-fuel-subsidy-under-recovery-nnpc/

Good..but I just want to ask oo. Are you the younger brother to our de facto presido, Mallam Abba Kyari?

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Zooposki(f): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward by Mtmike(m): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2020
Is he related to kiyari the chief of staff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Forms Biafra Customary Government (BCG) / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.