Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50217 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
menaxe:

@choose4me,shez going 4 an Undergraduate program. Pls give me the details,Requirments expenses 4 da program.
What next after the toefl.

ok, Requirement is SSCE(5 Credits including Eng) and TOEFL Score. After toefl(minimum 79), She will go to admissions.fi to apply, B4 den she must have chosen her 4 courses and 4 schools, She has to be careful in selecting the schools cuz her first choice will invite her to an entrance exam so she must be sure the 1st choice school organizes entrance exam in Ghana, Yea there will be an entrance exam in Ghana.After applying,she will send her O Level CERTIFICATE to her first choice school by post.She will send her Toefl score too.Its only accepted from ETS directly so she cant send herself when sending the O'Level, I hope her O'level is good.

So lets take it one step at a time, but she should be aware she'll be needing 1.3M in her acct to apply for permit,she will also get health insurance of 30k and visa fee of 20k plus, (not very sure), Finnish embassy is in Abuja, Hope I helped, Feel free to ask questions, I can help you confirm if her first school will organise entrance exam in Ghana if you cant do it,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2011
what of the toefl how is she going to go about it , where, and when is she going to register?
The 1.3m, does it include the air ticket, feeding, and accom. what if she gets the admission and can be able to raise less the amount, what will be her faith, will she disqualified?
Are there any other hidden charges?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2011
menaxe:

what of the toefl how is she going to go about it , where, and when is she going to register?
The 1.3m, does it include the air ticket, feeding, and accom. what if she gets the admission and can be able to raise less the amount, what will be her faith, will she disqualified?
Are there any other hidden charges?

She has to register for the toefl as soon as possible, Cuz there is not much time anymore if she wants to meet up.I think she should go to the center I wrote my test.Im sure they will be able to register for her there.Here is the address.

FirstLogic
Integral Technologies Ltd.
Ground Floor National Bank Building
Plot 30 Oba Akran Ave
LAGOS, Ikeja, 23401
Nigeria

The 1.3M in her account is to prove she can take care of her living expenses.Air ticket is not included, Thats 6000 eur for the first year.She MUST come up with the amount or more.Anything less will lead to denial, No other hidden charges, Ive told you all,

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2011
@ menaxe, drop ur email addy, I have sumfin to tell you which I dont want to post here,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
@choose4me, Thanks 4 being there 4 me, my email is youngnobkane@yahoo.com. You can add me with it on facebook so we can chat.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 07, 2011
menaxe:

@choose4me, Thanks 4 being there 4 me, my email is youngnobkane@yahoo.com. You can add me with it on facebook so we can chat.

OK I've added you on facebook, and sent you a message as well,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
@choose4me,

I need to ask you something. Pls, drop you yahoo ID and I will add you. Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
callygood:

@choose4me,

I need to ask you something. Pls, drop you yahoo ID and I will add you. Thanks

I'm sorry ooo bros, Drop yours and I'll add you or even email you, I dont really like giving my email publicly, Please drop yours and I'll get back within minutes.Promise! smiley
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2011
this is a forum and I believe everyone should ask whatever question on this thread for the benefit of others instead of asking questions by email. jst my 2cents
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
lolatom:

this is a forum and I believe everyone should ask whatever question on this thread for the benefit of others instead of asking questions by email. jst my 2cents

You are very correct and I did state it in my first post but to be candid, Some issues cannot or should not be discussed in the forum for fear of spies, Again I implore everyone to try as much as possible to ask questions here for others to benefit from, Thanks Lolatom
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
u're welcome bruv, I have been trying to pull up universities that offer Undergraduate courses in English without success, the other thing is that I might not be in the country from first week in feb, how do I go about the entrance examination thing since it would be conducted in Ghana? I have TOEFL already.
I await your response soon.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
If you're talking about universities in Finland,most of them have their courses in Finnish but there are a few ones that teach in English, Are you checking universityadmissions.fi ? You should get schools that teach in English there, But if you are going for UAS(Polytechnics) then I can tell you frankly that their courses are mostly in English. Are you keen on attending a Uni?? If not try the UAS, The entrance exam will be in April.Perhaps you'll be back in the country by then.If not you can check if your first choice school will organise entrance exam in the country you are at that time, Hope your TOEFL score is above 79?.So make a choice bro, Let me know if you need more info
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2011
thanks for the prompt response, I won't mind the polytechnics too, i will be going to North Cyprus and I won't be back to naija anytime soon. can u give me a link to the UAS website, I had a score of 85 in my TOEFL. I'll like you to give me a link to a particular school that offer UG courses in english.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 08, 2011
North Cyprus, Nice, Perhaps you can help me with that while I help you with Finland.Your TOEFL is perfect. go to admissions.fi and click on degree programs.Select degree program by UAS, ALL schools there teach in English, JUst make your choice,

Please give me a link to the cyprus schools, Do they pay tuition fee? and is TOEFL needed? Whats the minimum score
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 12:20am On Jan 08, 2011
thanks for the info, admission is still on for North cyprus, tution is $3000 per semester at EMU but u'll get a 50% Scholarship which reduces the tution to abt $1500 [/i][/b]PER SEMESTER[b][i]. resumption is this january but i think u can still apply. let me know if u're still interested.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2011
Resumption is this January?? You mean this one we are already in? Well If I get $1500,how about accomodation,cost of feeding,job,visa etc
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 12:32am On Jan 08, 2011
if u have ur WAEC certificate, getting the admission letter will take abt 3days so no qualms as long as u have the school fees ready. North Cyprus is somewhat expensive to live in and as i learnt, there are no jobs like that so u have to be financially buoyant to be able to cope. but if u afford it i'll advice u to enrol and cross over to finland later in the year.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 08, 2011
ok, It seems rather expensive so I better stick to Finland for now, Eitherway Can I add you to fb just to keep in touch?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 12:59am On Jan 08, 2011
U can send ur email address to lolatomibaba@yahoo.com , i just created it now cos i dnt like dropping my email on nairaland, I'll add u on fb straightaway
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 1:04am On Jan 08, 2011
i'm still expecting your email address,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2011
Choose4me, holla on yahoo messenger Callygood@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by capiti: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2011
Have you guys seen this http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?article=4080
This people are trying to make things tight.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2011
callygood:

Choose4me, holla on yahoo messenger Callygood@yahoo.com

Ive added u 2 my yahoo msgr.

capiti:

Have you guys seen this http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?article=4080
This people are trying to make things tight.

Bros I hail ooo,

lolatom:

U can send your email address to lolatomibaba@yahoo.com , i just created it now cos i dnt like dropping my email on nairaland, I'll add u on fb straightaway

Check d email now.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by uuche090: 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
Pls house I have 7 distinctions but P7 ( Pass) in English language with IELTS of 6.5, am I qualified to applied for a place in the Finland polytechnics?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2011
@uuche, your O levet english language is not a demonstration of you proficiency.your IELTS 6.5 will cover it since minimum is 6.0.So I think you are good to apply
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by uuche090: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Thank you for that. Meanwhile,do I have to buy WAEC scratch card alongside the documents i will send to them? Moreover,I have OND too, can i send it alongside my documents to the school after I apply with my O'level online?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ choose4me Hey man! wots poppin? wink I see your in charge of this thread. Anyway, I just finished applying for this finland thing. I havent sent my documents yet but we're getting there. I need your help on something though, the entrance exams, In one of ur post, u said you can find out where the exams are gonna hold. I picked automation engineering (HAMK UAS, Valkeakoski), how do i go about getting the exam venue? Besides, is there any way I can lay my hands on stuff like past questions? Wldnt want any surprises in the exam hall, u no wot i mean,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ uuche, your OND is not needed.just send your O level result.yes its advisable you include a WAEC scratch card and also send your IELTS score report all to your first choice school.
@tony, no ooo bros we are all in charge o.you said you chose HAMK,do you mean its your first choice school or its the only school you chose? I'm on phone now so I'll check if HAMK will organise entrance exam in ghana when i'm on pc.i hope your 4 schools(if you chose 4) cooperate sha? I mean do they accept each others entrance result? Thats very important.check HAMK website for past entrance exam questions to get the scope or google it.I only know about international business.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2011
choose4me:

@ uuche, your OND is not needed.just send your O level result.yes its advisable you include a WAEC scratch card and also send your IELTS score report all to your first choice school.
@tony, no ooo bros we are all in charge o.you said you chose HAMK,do you mean its your first choice school or its the only school you chose? I'm on phone now so I'll check if HAMK will organise entrance exam in ghana when i'm on pc.i hope your 4 schools(if you chose 4) cooperate sha? I mean do they accept each others entrance result? Thats very important.check HAMK website for past entrance exam questions to get the scope or google it.I only know about international business.

Ok oo bro. Na we we! And Yeah, Automation engineering(HAMK, UAS) is my first choice among three others. I hope they do accept each others entrance result as well. Anyway, thanks, I'll check their website. All the best O!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by capti: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Tony HAMK UAS organizes entrance exam in Ghana for automation engineering.
@choose4me i changed my id to this one cos my account was restricted from posting on the site.

stanley
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ Capti You're right. They do organize exams in Ghana. Thanks anyway. What about past questions? got any info on that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63