Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Living In France / Life As A French Résident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In France / Life As A French Résident (14174 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 12:42am On Apr 14, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

you really believe the public transport in Paris is horrible?! the ease with which you can travel in Paris from 30kms outside the city center, and connect in so many different ways, with comfortable wagons make the Paris public transport second to none IMHO... Berlin public transport (metro) is definitely outdated (aka a bit old) while the RER/metro in Paris is in a class of its own.

i believe the city with the worst public transport in Europe (and most expensive) is BY FAR London.

lol, i believe that the grèves are needed to keep the gov in check...even though the last pension grèves that paralyzed Paris during xmas/new year period were a bit too much.

Having lived in both countries I can confirm that French metro networks are very well connected. They are better connected than the London underground for downtown.

Coming into Paris however is a different story. RER-B can be a real pain in the testicles.

I took a decision to drive rather. Cannot stand the rer stress.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:29am On Apr 14, 2020
ProudBiafran:

Having lived in both countries I can confirm that French metro networks are very well connected. They are better connected than the London underground for downtown.

Coming into Paris however is a different story. RER-B can be a real pain in the testicles.

I took a decision to drive rather. Cannot stand the rer stress.

yes but you have to understand that the RER B is the only way to the airport by public transport AND sadly also feeds all the banlieues nord La Courneuve and Aulnay) while passing through the main hub of the city (Chatelet, gare du nord). any day of the week at rush hr its madness in these areas...and best avoid it.

as for London, i have never like the city's public transport, at least now they have the Heathrow express, back in the day that Picadilly line ride from the airport to east or south London was A) fukcing expensive and b) lasted an eternity

ProudBiafran:

I am not scared and have not been since the start because i believe it is exaggerated.

I take precautions though. Ridiculous to close parcs and all.

Sweden did not take the same measures as France and has fewer cases.

Something is not adding up.

yeah something is definitely not adding up, you are absolutely right... Sweden and Brazil didnt not take any special measures and both these countries have much lower infection/death rate. i do know that one of the reason we got so many cases are because of saying through "on s'fait la bise" and the arrogant people who didnt want to follow the simple social distancing measures. now they are saying that people cant jog during the day in Paris any longer (as if this is gonna change anything), and today they extended until god knows when (i doubt this will be solved anytime before the 11th of May)
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by pufframmy: 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
good one
davide470:
On this, i previously wrote the below on another thread, so i am going to bring it here:

Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, internship(s) you did during your studies, skills and
how well you know the language (some international firms don't put too much emphasis on the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria to augument).

Once you get a full time offer (CDI) you can apply for a 4 year resident permit called Passeport Talent and towards the end of it, you can apply for permanent residency.

Also, if you get a temporary/contract offer (CDD), you can apply for a resident permit depending on how long your contract is.

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by jswaggzo(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
IS FRENCH REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO LEARN IN 2 YEARS ?
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by yemmywesey(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
ProudBiafran:
France is cool.

Just drop Naija mentality behind in Naija if you wanna get the best out of France.

Come clean, no scams, no fraud, do not deceive French chics.

Government go pay you money sef.

pls tell me more about french white ladies, after the lock down by God's grace I should be in Schengen region
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Skymoore1004: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Guy french ladies no too sigh black guys o.
It’s only polish girls and other these other eu countries that are crazy about black guys
yemmywesey:

pls tell me more about french white ladies, after the lock down by God's grace I should be in Schengen region

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by pufframmy: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
henn
Skymoore1004:
Guy french ladies no too sigh black guys o.
It’s only polish girls and other these other eu countries that are crazy about black guys
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
jswaggzo:
IS FRENCH REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO LEARN IN 2 YEARS ?

get yourself a French GF/BF who does NOT speak English, stay away from English speaking people, go to an intensive French language course (no Duolingo etc)... and within 1yr you will definitely speak French.

yemmywesey:

if you act right, you dress right, you present yourself right, hang in the right places and dont say dumb shiit, you can be with any women you desire in France (whether white, black, arabic or eskimo)... the difference is YOU, not the women.

6 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by lepasharon(f): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

get yourself a French GF/BF who does NOT speak English, stay away from English speaking people, go to an intensive French language course (no Duolingo etc)... and within 1yr you will definitely speak French.

I also wanna learn french. Are you saying classroom learning is better than language apps?
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:27am On Apr 15, 2020
lepasharon:
I also wanna learn french. Are you saying classroom learning is better than language apps?

a French language school (even for a short time) will give you the proper foundation/basis upon which to learn the language the right way.
language apps are good to compliment what you learn at school but if you solely use language app like duolingo...A) it will take a bit longer to learn, B) pronunciation-wise you could be a bit off and C) you can easily fail grammatically as Duolingo wouldnt explain to you why you would use a certain word instead of another etc

4 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by lepasharon(f): 3:30am On Apr 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

a French language school (even for a short time) will give you the proper foundation/basis upon which to learn the language the right way.
language apps are good to compliment what you learn at school but if you solely use language app like duolingo...A) it will take a bit longer to learn, B) pronunciation-wise you could be a bit off and C) you can easily fail grammatically as Duolingo wouldnt explain to you why you would use a certain word instead of another etc

Ok. But I've been learning off YouTube from actual French ppl..is that OK?
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by demmy79: 10:09am On May 08, 2020
davide470:
This thread is about Life in France for Immigrants/Expatriates and those that are based in the French Republic. (The idea was culled from the 'Living in the UK' thread)

It is an avenue for people that have migrated (with or without their families), those that got their work visa (Carte de Séjour/Passeport Talent) after their Master/PhD studies to share their experiences to help future applicants/students.

Kindly discuss and share your experiences & comments on:

* Récépissé & Police Préfecture wahala

* What are the immigration rules to follow?

* Which region/suburb did you settle in and why?

* Public Transportation in France

* Where you live and why you like it or don't like it?

*Renting Vs Mortgage (pitfalls to avoid when choosing mortgage)

* Childcare for kids below 5 (cost and how do you go about choosing a minder)

* Business Tips you can do

* What does the French Healthcare (Ameli) fully cover and do you really need a mutuelle?

* Tips on raising kids in a western environment as an African

* Nigerian restaurants and market in your location

Etc.

Let's make it lively!!
. i really appreciate living in France than any part of the country in d whole World....French ppl are good but love their culture and language meanwhile they appreciate africans mostly Nigeria ppl

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by themaestro08(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

if you act right, you dress right, you present yourself right, hang in the right places and dont say dumb shiit, you can be with any women you desire in France (whether white, black, arabic or eskimo)... the difference is YOU, not the women.

You have a very positive outlook towards life in general. That's amazing. I wish I can learn from you.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:20pm On May 08, 2020
themaestro08:
You have a very positive outlook towards life in general. That's amazing. I wish I can learn from you.

bro, our outlook on life is the only thing we can change in life, so whether the world is negative/bad/wrong etc, we must always stay positive in everything we do.... everything will be fine, eventually!

4 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2020
May 11 Deconfinement!!

Countdown...

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by TreasureTayo(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2020
Lovely Thread. MrBrownJay1 I salute you. I have been following you for a long time now even on the Brazil Thread. You're a wonderful person! Knowing that you speak over 5 languages amazes me. You're doing well Boss!

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by BelieverDE: 9:15am On May 09, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Lovely Thread. MrBrownJay1 I salute you. I have been following you for a long time now even on the Brazil Thread. You're a wonderful person! Knowing that you speak over 5 languages amazes me. You're doing well Boss!

Did you just say 5 languages? shocked

That's amazing!

Some time ago I was browsing the net for best language to learn that has "economic relevance" and there are: Mandarin, French, Deutsch and Spanish.

I decided to stick with Deutsch since it's an ubiquitous language in the Europe.

MrBrownJay1:

bro, our outlook on life is the only thing we can change in life, so whether the world is negative/bad/wrong etc, we must always stay positive in everything we do.... everything will be fine, eventually!

Sir, could you please give me a guide on how you learned those languages?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by TreasureTayo(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, bro. Over 5 foreign languages. MrBrownjay1 has indeed visited so many countries. The day I read on a thread that he speaks a little bit of Chinese and also Japanese, I gave up. He made me realize the Chinese language has over 2000 characters of which at times each one has two derivatives. He has lived in so many places and I think that is an added advantage. I wonder how he could have achieved that. A lot of people dont like the way he replied to them or the way he composes his messages maybe because is just too Blunt. You should know now that I am been following him for a long time. He speaks French, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, English and I think Dutch and Deutch, a bit of Chinese and some other ones I have forgotten. He has indeed been all over!. And just so you know, did you see where he said he was born in France and brought up there? French passport strong too!
BelieverDE:

That's amazing!

Some time ago I was browsing the net for best language to learn that has "economic relevance" and there are: Mandarin, French, Deutsch and Spanish.

I decided to stick with Deutsch since it's a ubiquitous language in the Europe.

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yes Denmark is expensive to live but the salaries are making it up for it...a room in a shared apt will cost you between €450 to €650 depending on how far you wanna live from the center of Copenhagen, but any decent job will pay you no less than €2K (even dish-washing). your biggest worry there should be the damn cold there and lack of sun, even though its still better than Norway in this aspect (where the brutal/deadly Norwegian cold is no joke)
Cc Mrbrownjay1
How about joining the France foreign legion??
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:19pm On May 09, 2020
TreasureTayo:
BelieverDE:

That's amazing!

I decided to stick with Deutsch since it's a ubiquitous language in the Europe.

TreasureTayo:
Yes, bro. Over 5 foreign languages. MrBrownjay1 has indeed visited so many countries. The day I read on a thread that he speaks a little bit of Chinese and also Japanese, I gave up. He made me realize the Chinese language has over 2000 characters of which at times each one has two derivatives. He has lived in so many places and I think that is an added advantage. I wonder how he could have achieved that. A lot of people dont like the way he replied to them or the way he composes his messages maybe because is just too Blunt. You should know now that I am been following him for a long time. He speaks French, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, English and I think Dutch and Deutch, a bit of Chinese and some other ones I have forgotten. He has indeed been all over!. And just so you know, did you see where he said he was born in France and brought up there? French passport strong too!

yes i was born and bred in France from Nigerian parents, so my First language is French and picked up English along the way growing up, as my parents would speak English when we had Nigerian visitors.... but i have always had the traveling bug (got it from my father). from very early on, i wanted to travel and discover the world. so by age 18, i had already visited most of European bordering countries (Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Holland, UK etc) so the minute i had an opportunity to actually move to live somewhere (not visit), i took it and moved to the UK (safe and close to France) and then i enjoyed the experience so much that after a couple of yrs, i got an opportunity, moved to Norway and learned Norwegian naturally (even though everyone there speaks English), then i really got comfortable and actually enjoyed being in a new country knowing barely anyone and not speaking the local language (its like an exotic adventure all over again), so i went all out... lived in Japan, lived in Australia, lived in Czech republic, lived in China, lived in Argentina, lived in Brazil, lived in Denmark and currently living in Medellin... i also lived in Ivory Coast for a while and i am planning to move to Nigeria hopefully sooner than later (why? because its just another life adventure).

traveling is about being comfortable and open minded to discover new cultures... there is something really addictive about it, and so long as you are a positive open minded person, you will always make it. being a foreigner anywhere, majority of people will be driven towards you, and if you have a friendly personality, within a short period of time, you will have a brand new set of friends from across the world.... so it doesnt feel boring.

Autodomain:

Cc Mrbrownjay1
How about joining the France foreign legion??

i was talking to someone on NL about it a few months/years ago... i wouldnt do it, but it seems a great way to go somewhere for a few yrs and come out positively (with European passport) although it certainly aint easy...
Claremont wrote about it on this below thread, check it out: https://www.nairaland.com/4036341/#60203061

7 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by TreasureTayo(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2020
Thank you MrBrownJay1. I wish I could visit these countries too. But why haven't you visited Canada or USA? You don't seem to like North American Countries right? I'd like to see you someday. I love French language so much. J'aime la langue francais Tres Beacoup! Will you teach me more? grin
MrBrownJay1:

yes i was born and bred in France from Nigerian parents, so my First language is French and picked up English along the way growing up, as my parents would speak English when we had Nigerian visitors.... but i have always had the traveling bug (got it from my father). from very early on, i wanted to travel and discover the world. so by age 18, i had already visited most of European bordering countries (Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Holland, UK etc) so the minute i had an opportunity to actually move to live somewhere (not visit), i took it and moved to the UK (safe and close to France) and then i enjoyed the experience so much that after a couple of yrs, i got an opportunity, moved to Norway and learned Norwegian naturally (even though everyone there speaks English), then i really got comfortable and actually enjoyed being in a new country knowing barely anyone and not speaking the local language (its like an exotic adventure all over again), so i went all out... lived in Japan, lived in Australia, lived in Czech republic, lived in China, lived in Argentina, lived in Brazil, lived in Denmark and currently living in Medellin... i also lived in Ivory Coast for a while and i am planning to move to Nigeria hopefully sooner than later (why? because its just another life adventure).

traveling is about being comfortable and open minded to discover new cultures... there is something really addictive about it, and so long as you are a positive open minded person, you will always make it. being a foreigner anywhere, majority of people will be driven towards you, and if you have a friendly personality, within a short period of time, you will have a brand new set of friends from across the world.... so it doesnt feel boring.

i was talking to someone on NL about it a few months/years ago... i wouldnt do it, but it seems a great way to go somewhere for a few yrs and come out positively (with European passport) although it certainly aint easy...
Claremont wrote about it on this below thread, check it out: https://www.nairaland.com/4036341/#60203061
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Busybrainnoble: 10:25pm On May 09, 2020
davide470:
This thread is about Life in France for Immigrants/Expatriates and those that are based in the French Republic. (The idea was culled from the 'Living in the UK' thread)

It is an avenue for people that have migrated (with or without their families), those that got their work visa (Carte de Séjour/Passeport Talent) after their Master/PhD studies to share their experiences to help future applicants/students.

Kindly discuss and share your experiences & comments on:

* Récépissé & Police Préfecture wahala

* What are the immigration rules to follow?

* Which region/suburb did you settle in and why?

* Public Transportation in France

* Where you live and why you like it or don't like it?

*Renting Vs Mortgage (pitfalls to avoid when choosing mortgage)

* Childcare for kids below 5 (cost and how do you go about choosing a minder)

* Business Tips you can do

* What does the French Healthcare (Ameli) fully cover and do you really need a mutuelle?

* Tips on raising kids in a western environment as an African

* Nigerian the

Let's make it lively!!
France is a nice place to live , get a good Nigeria church , learn the language , a lot of free French classes ..
Get your papers and stay away from Nigerians ..
You can try baba miliki restaurant at barbes ..

3 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Thank you MrBrownJay1. I wish I could visit these countries too. But why haven't you visited Canada or USA? You don't seem to like North American Countries right? I'd like to see you someday. I love French language so much. J'aime la langue francais Tres Beacoup! Will you teach me more? grin

the above are the country where i have lived, but the list of country i have visited is quite long... i use to work for Air France and therefore had almost free tickets to go wherever i wanted, and believe me when i am telling you that i have taken full advantage of these tickets... the 1st 5 times i went to Japan, i would fly there from Europe for a long weekend (from friday to monday)... when i had 2 weeks holidays i would go around the world (London to tokyo, tokyo to NY, NY to Dominican rep, Dominican rep back to London).... and it would cost me like 120£. sadly, the hardest part was that, i always had to go back to work and would miss these fantastic places i just visited, thats how i decided to move to Tokyo... and funny enough, my 1st boss in Japan was Nigerian (Francis the owner of a few bar/clubs in Roppongi)

I have visited the US extensively but no, i have never been attracted to Canada (low budget Scandinavia IMHO)... ... i do know NY and Miami very well, same with LA, and as much as i tried to discover the US more in depth (road trip etc), i could never feel the American way of thinking (aka we are the best this, we have the biggest that, we are the more this etc)... so as much as i could definitely live in Miami for its latin vibe and cultural melting pot, i dont dig any another US city. IMHO: Atlanta is great but too black too gay, NY is too expensive, too similar than Paris, LA is all about money, San Francisco is too gay, Las Vegas is too hot, just great for a short weekend.... etc

as for teaching French, you have to have the patience to teach anyone....its not everyone that has it. i certainly dont have it in me, and even now during the covid-19 where many are advertising for online French tutors, i cant do it... but the world is indeed a very small place, so i am sure we will someday cross path.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2020
Busybrainnoble:

France is a nice place to live , get a good Nigeria church , learn the language , a lot of free French classes ..
[b]Get your papers and stay away from Nigerians ..
[/b]You can try baba miliki restaurant at barbes ..

some people may not like the above truth you wrote... lol!

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by TreasureTayo(m): 5:08am On May 10, 2020
I appreciate your response! You always give a a well detailed information about things and I like that. Indeed the world is such a small place. If you don't mind me asking, What's your profession now? Are you retired or still very much working? Are you back to France?
MrBrownJay1:

the above are the country where i have lived, but the list of country i have visited is quite long... i use to work for Air France and therefore had almost free tickets to go wherever i wanted, and believe me when i am telling you that i have taken full advantage of these tickets... the 1st 5 times i went to Japan, i would fly there from Europe for a long weekend (from friday to monday)... when i had 2 weeks holidays i would go around the world (London to tokyo, tokyo to NY, NY to Dominican rep, Dominican rep back to London).... and it would cost me like 120£. sadly, the hardest part was that, i always had to go back to work and would miss these fantastic places i just visited, thats how i decided to move to Tokyo... and funny enough, my 1st boss in Japan was Nigerian (Francis the owner of a few bar/clubs in Roppongi)

I have visited the US extensively but no, i have never been attracted to Canada (low budget Scandinavia IMHO)... ... i do know NY and Miami very well, same with LA, and as much as i tried to discover the US more in depth (road trip etc), i could never feel the American way of thinking (aka we are the best this, we have the biggest that, we are the more this etc)... so as much as i could definitely live in Miami for its latin vibe and cultural melting pot, i dont dig any another US city. IMHO: Atlanta is great but too black too gay, NY is too expensive, too similar than Paris, LA is all about money, San Francisco is too gay, Las Vegas is too hot, just great for a short weekend.... etc

as for teaching French, you have to have the patience to teach anyone....its not everyone that has it. i certainly dont have it in me, and even now during the covid-19 where many are advertising for online French tutors, i cant do it... but the world is indeed a very small place, so i am sure we will someday cross path.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

some people may not like the above truth you wrote... lol!
Lol.. People like me
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by lionlee216(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2020
Hmmmm! Nice thread. One of the benefits of working with an airline is flights benefits. Some airlines will even fly your relatives for a very low fare.

Lufthansa Airline that I worked for, I learnt from one of the supervisors that flight is always full from Chicago to Germany hence the problem. I enjoyed the company but I had to move on.

Southwest Airline, I made it to final stage but had to ditch them. I cant take low pay(I'm not saying they pay low wages) all because of flight benefits.

Whoever is interested in touring the world should consider working for an airline.

I will still work in aviation(airline) in the future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by electromagnito: 8:04pm On May 17, 2020
Living in France can be both sweet and bitter especially for a young educated man trying to make something out of life, well i have stayed in two region so far Ile de France (which comprises the Almighty Paris, Valdoise, Yvelins etc) and also Cote d'or( which is also known as Bourgogne region which have the popular Dijon, auxerre), Ile de France is the best region to stay in france, followed by the Lyon's, marseille's, Lillie or Strasbourg. here is my Ile de france Breakdown

I stay in Cergy a suburb of Paris at Valdoise region in Ile de france for 2years, during this time it was bith Up and down for me because I was a student and Life has a student in france can be a nightmare especially if you work and study which will result to failure in most cases but that isn't going to take away the fun of paris away. Here are the following advantage of living in Ile de France region

1. Transportation: Although transportation is very costly in this region because of paris, the body responsible for transportation here is SNCF/RAPT a monthly transportation would cost 75Euros(35 Euros for student below 26years via Carte Imaginary), this 75 Euros means you are free to move within the 5 region of Ile de france without constraint, they are also other type of subscription that allw you to pay for your transport per month according to the region you visit the most which means you will pay lower than 75Euros if you visit let say 3regions or 2 regions alone out of the available 5 region. we have 6 major train lane which are:
RER A: Cergy Le haut/Poissy/germain Laye- Marne le vallee(Disney Land)
RER B: Mitry claye(charles de Gaulle Airport Axis)-Robinson or South of Paris region
RER C: Pontoise- champ de Mars(Tour effiel)/East of Paris
RER D: Goussanville/ some cities mostly dominated by blacks- Savigny/Gringy dominated by our Edo people hahhaha
RER E: Paris st.Lazare-Magny (I am not too use to this area)
Ligne H: Pontoise to Paris Nord
there are some line i didnt mention
then we have the Metro station within Paris Metro 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 13, 14
There are also Buses which use the same card as the trains.

2.Jobs: employment in Ile de france is basically fair compare to other region because of Paris but must immigrant end up doing modern slaves Job such as Restuarant cleaning Job which is most common, House cleaning Job, waiter in restuarant, work in boulangries(Bakery), getting a good job in france means your french level is at least C1, you must be able to speak french fluqently to get some Job which is most problem of immigrant even as a graduate, you wont get a Job except the grace of God see you through, the best way to get a Job in france is doing formation(paid training) and the field you carry out your formation will either help you get a Job or retain you, this really help for the IT guys, other means includes agencies like Adexen, Addecco, Sage 2000 etc. but Ile de france is better than other region who follow the policy of french for the french.... this region dont even give black french job talk more of foreigners

3. Rent/Housing: if there is one thing everyone cry for in france is the outragous rent and at the same time, there are organisation like CAF that help you subsidize your house rent in france as long as you have an APL contrat to your house, nowadays housinf in suburb of paris are even getting more expensive than paris itself, you can get an average of 400euros/month housing of 75msq in the suburb with your name on the mail address just incase you plan to file for 10years resident permit

4. Food: the cost of food is the same all over france, expensive but depending on which supermarket you decided to go, the cheapest is LIDL and other like AUCHAN, CARREFOUR, INTERMARCHE, LEADERPRICE also exist but as an African Man who need africa food India shops are always available for africa food stuff with ridiculous price tag but it best to visit chateau rouge metro 4 if you stay in Ile de france and because of the prostitues in the place.

8 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by James4bright(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2020
ProudBiafran:

Merci.

Please bro, I hope this isn't late. But I plan on migrating to France for permanent residence. I'm currently done studying Mass communication, would be doing my Masters degree over there in France, but at the same time I want to start building my IT and web development skills.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Ebenad: 11:35pm On May 27, 2020
Thanks for creating this post. Please, I need information on the types of document necessary to apply for French Visa (Student Visa of more than one year). Thanks.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bonjour mes amis et amies

Hope y'all are doing good and staying safe in La République du Francais?
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Ugoerico(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2020
Hallo house I need some tips please.
I have concluded arrangement to visit Paris for a three day summer tour (with my wife).
I Will be flying in from Germany where I live.

I need tips on the following:

1. Tourist attractions. My major two interests are Eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe. Since my childhood I have only been watching them on films.. grin
Any other reccommendation for a beautiful site ? (only in Paris).

2. Language. I hope I can have my ways with English? E.g. buying stufs, train station/bus etc

3. Transport. I read online that there is a "Paris Pass" for easy and more affordable transportation for tourist, can someone tell me more about this because the source is unknown.

4. Is it better to book ahead of time for the entrance/climbing of the tower? Or it's same as on-the-spot payment.

5. Any other tips

I don't mind hanging out together with any Nigerian who stays within.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Operation Panther: FRSC Records 1,975 Arrests In 11 Days / Businessmen Going To Market Involved In Accident In Yobe, 1 Dead, 18 Injured / Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.