Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (65099 Views)

"All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy / Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Montlab25: 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
Balderdash! We all know you guys had a fallout and I refuse to believe this bullshit.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by femi4: 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
A 10 man Italian squad outplayed the Nigerian team in the second half

A sub got a straight red card (Zola)

And Oliseh stupid mistake that led to the equaliser cry
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by abbey621(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Izigha:

Investment valuation is not the same as money or currency valuation vis a vis time.
Your father may have add value to the house. The overall economy may have overvalued real estate. Apple add value to the company every year. What if you have bought ken lay Enron shares of $100000 when the company was ridding, today the shares will be worthless.

Like I've explained to the other poster, it can be anything, food price, services and so on. The fact remains that purchasing power of 100,000 dollars back in 1994 is equivalent to about 1 million today even in a country as stable as the United States.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Izigha(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
cybriz82:
But wait ooo where is Roberto baggio?
He is selling Italian use laptops in computer village grin
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by femi4: 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
striker07:
the penalty they used in winning was undeserved
It was deserved. Eguavon was stupid, jumping on an attacker from behind

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by IdioticNLmods: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hmmm

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by ofiko123(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
beautyhd:
What should we do now?

Abi o..
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Icon79(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
Thank you, my dear! That BonJo Fool was just using Westerhof to stay relevant. The two backstabber I hated the most when it comes to naija footie are: BonjoFool and the PE teacher Onigbinde.

Clemense Westerhof is the best thing to ever happen to Naija footie. He brought that BonJo Fool to Nigeria, gave him a job only for the fool to stab him in the back. Then he latched onto the hard work and the structure put in place by Westerhof to win the Olympic gold medal. But once that structure begins to disintegrate, BonJo Fool got exposed and the team couldn't win anything. I have no doubt in my mind that had Nigeria retained Westerhof after the 1994 World Cup, we would've reached at least the semi finals of the 1998 world cup and won the 2000 AFCON.

Yet ignorant fools would credit BonJoFool for the success of Westerhof. But anybody who understands this game knows that BonJoFool was only a trainer, he has zero knowledge of the technicalities of the game. Hence, when he took over the team, he got badly exposed despite all the talents in the team at that time.

O pari

DeeMain:
My problem with Westerhoff in that game was leaving an ineffective Yekini in the pitch for the entire match. He had Ikpeba, Siasia and Ekoku on the bench and we played that match as if we had no 9.

Another problem was many of our defensive players being offensive minded with 2 minutes to end the match. Haaaa, that match still hurt just writing about it.

Was it Westerhoff that told Oliseh to send an aimless ball to nobody which resulted in the Dino Baggio throwing that triggered the equalizing goal? Was it Westerhoff that told Eguavoen to barge into a harmless Roberto Baggio from the back for the stupid penalty we conceded against a 10-man Italy?

Anyway, if what Bonfrere is saying is true, we must prosecute Westerhoff. No time.

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by gazza07(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Some serious weighty allegations against westerhorf... Fifa should look into it and sanction him if found guilty
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by nennenj(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Really
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by LOVEGINO(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
judedwriter:

Very painful....

That Roberto bagio's clinical finish broke my little heart cry
which little heart? U dis Badt guy grin
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by joelag: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
The fight started within our camp before the match, I was opportuned to speak with Uche Ikechuckwu that morning before the match.

Westerhof never wanted to use Eguavoen in that match, but Steven Keshi and Co throw up their Jerseys and threatened Westerhof to go play that match himself.

Remember who gave the Italians that penalty, still like yesterday in my mind.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by malvisguy212: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
my most painful experience in football
after the match, I sick for one week.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by triplechoice(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
my most painful experience in football

Nor be only u my broda. That team was meant to qualify for the final and even win it.
Those set of players were just to good. The most entertaining team in that competition and later ranked the third best footballing team in the world
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Arrest Westerhof now and hand him to EFCC

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by sageb: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2020
I don't hold brief for westerhof but in an interview years ago, he revealed the kind of person Bonfrere Jo is. So i am not surprised about this allegation from Bonfrere Jo.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Glink2018(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Now I know there are a lot of old cargoes on this platform..since 1994? Davido, wizkid, Chioma wasn't born at that time, yet they are richer than 90 percent of you including seun...
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by sageb: 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
chuzfridam:

If you are not ripe enough to contribute in this matter, please don't.

Alot of things happened and Jo cannot pick out westerhof as the culprit here.
Another account said Jo was pained cos he was left out by clemence from recipient of winners medal at the nation's cup.
yeah i remember westerhof later admitted he gave bonfrere his medal to paucify him.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by IdioticNLmods: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
adioolayi:

Nothing in the entire match shows the match was sold....com'on!
You no go know.. You think they will allow it look obvious?

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Redman44(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
Glink2018:
Now I know there are a lot of old cargoes on this platform..since 1994? Davido, wizkid, Chioma wasn't born at that time, yet they are richer than 90 percent of you including seun...

Davido was born in 1992. Wizkid was born in 1990. And why do you think nairalanders are poor? Seun Osewa is wealthy but he is quiet. Davido was born into wealth. Seun Osewa is an entrepreneur and he made his money through innovation and intelligence. Don't compare Seun Osewa and Davido, Okay? Nairaland has changed the lives of many Nigerians. I don't even listen to Davido's music. What is your problem sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad?

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by alibiguy: 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
salford1:

The penalty was the nail on the coffin.
The most painful was the equalizer goal at a 5 to 6 minute till final whistle.
Still the best super Eagles squad ever.

It was 2 minutes to full time.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by xpool(m): 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
matrix199:
So he waited 26years to disclose this.
Atol atop na winch
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Izigha(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
Why now? Just want to make a whole nation sad again. Soccer is a team sports, apart from the goal keeper one coach or one single player can't sell a match.
I watch the game in a crowded bar in La Rambla after the game the whole bar was shocked and quite, all the people there. I was like a zombie and my wallet was stolen. This guy should park well

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by ubcandid(m): 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
abbey621:

Ultimately we are still talking about purchasing power, 100k dollars in 1994 gave you the purchasing power of about a million today regardless of geolocation. Whether it is properties, food items or services, yes inflation is a huge factor so are opportunity costs and the global market. The dollar is stong but it is no match for these factors which are constantly present in every country.

check this link out ( https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100000&year=1994)

none of the sites I searched ranked the equivalent to as much as $300,000.
My point is, if the dollar had such a high rate of inflation, it wouldn't be precious as a world currency.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Reallink: 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Cowards Jo Bonfere
Why telling us now, U are equally an accomplice
Morofoko!
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Kalubolt(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
This talk from Bonfrere Jo is a big balderdash. A match I watch and we were beaten squarely. I rmbr Westerhoff pointing to the players and screaming 2 min to go and they should hold on before Baggio equalize
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Ezehillary(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
how much did he pay you that make you to shut your mouth for 23 years ,
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Janosky: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
salford1:
I still remember the match. Italy won fair and square.
The slow motion playback of Baggio's equalizer was particularly painful to watch.
Still the best super Eagles squad ever.
The people (Bonfrere Jo and Emeka Ezeugo ) in the know are revealing what happened,you're pretending nothing was amiss.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by TruthinAction: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
I said it but many didn't believe me. This is so sad. But why is he saying it now. He too is guilty because he was in the coaching crew.

I suspected something was fishing when pressure was mounting on her defense and Westerhof was very relaxed. A good coach will get up and shout on his boys to up their games. But Westerhof didn't do that. That is when I knew it was planned but I never suspected money was involved.

The same scenario repeated itself in the world Cup that took place in South Africa when one of our players, Kaita was given a red card. I have forgotten who was the coach then. That match was also probably sold.

Nigeria should just forget about foreign coaches. They will always ruin our game. No foreign country wants the world Cup to come to Africa. USA 94 was Nigeria best chance of winning because we actually had the best team of all time that may never be replicated.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by TruthinAction: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kalubolt:
This talk from Bonfrere Jo is a big balderdash. A match I watch and we were beaten squarely. I rmbr Westerhoff pointing to the players and screaming 2 min to go and they should hold on before Baggio equalize

No. It was the opposite that happened. Westerhof was relaxed when we were under pressure. But I will watch it again.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by TruthinAction: 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
This allegation should be investigated and if found true, Italy should be stripped of that world Cup victory and it should be given to Nigeria. Or worse still, Nigeria should be called upon to play the final with the team that played Italy.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by lebete3000: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
ForeThinker:
Nawwaoo

Deeper life things

There's nothing hidden under the sun

Likewise

The truth is always bitter

Have you heard of the Vaginal mucosa? The mucosa of the urethral meatus? The Nasal Mucosa?

Next time shut up if something is not your field and stop typing nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Victoria Beckham Displays Her 14 Engagement Rings Worth ₦4.2Billion(Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo's Multi-Million Five-star Hotel (Photos) / Super Eagles’ 2018 Attire Nominated Among World All-time Iconic Football Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.