Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (65100 Views)

"All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy / Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by onetouch04: 2:09am On Apr 09, 2020
I believe Bonfrere Jo and I hv said it to d hearing of my friends who cared to listen. Starting Okocha in that game instead of Siasia was an obvious technical blunder. How can a coach drop one of his best offensive and defensive midfielder in s game that needed a more business-like team. Okocha messed up our attack in that game. Just playing to d gallery. Even as eagles were loosing, I expected Westerhorf to bring on Siasia and Adepoju to push for attack. To my greatest and utter dismay he rolled in Oliha who was obviously jittery and was more defensive. But Mr. Jo why re u telling us now?

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by goldman777: 4:53am On Apr 09, 2020
I'm not surprised that match was fixed many Nigerian matches are but what most people that watch sports Don't know is football and other sports is 90% fixed to make money and not really what it seems and players are better actors than Hollywood celebrities.That why just like we have star actors in movies just like we have star actor players like baggio,Ronaldo and the likes In football a team sport of 11players one star actor player always gets the spot light if you know you know cheesy
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by abbey621(m): 6:24am On Apr 09, 2020
ubcandid:

check this link out ( https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100000&year=1994)

none of the sites I searched ranked the equivalent to as much as $300,000.
My point is, if the dollar had such a high rate of inflation, it wouldn't be precious as a world currency.

Pls go back and read my comments slowly, inflation is not the only factor, when we talk of purchasing power there's a lot more to it than inflation. There's also opportunity cost, market corrections, recession and so on. Your little calculator does not account for the 2008-2010 recession, the dot com bust, the 9/11 attacks and so on. To put it simply, we are talking about FUTURE VALUE OF MONEY. If you had 100,000 in 1994 and made a decision to invest it(opportunity), the future value of that money assuming compound interest is between 5-10% is what? The result is a value much closer to a million. Inflation does not tell the complete story because it is one dimensional, house prices, food prices, labor all these things don't always rely on iinflation.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by ubcandid(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2020
abbey621:

Pls go back and read my comments slowly, inflation is not the only factor, when we talk of purchasing power there's a lot more to it than inflation. There's also opportunity cost, market corrections, recession and so on. Your little calculator does not account for the 2008-2010 recession, the dot com bust, the 9/11 attacks and so on. To put it simply, we are talking about FUTURE VALUE OF MONEY. The result is a value much closer to a million. Inflation does not tell the complete story because it is one dimensional, house prices, food prices, labor all these things don't always rely on iinflation.
so all through, you're taking into account just contractions of the American economy. Why don't you factor in the boom also. Like I said earlier on, if the US dollar suffers that high rate of inflation, America would not be the economic fortress it is. The factors such as opportunity cost and co you listed have no business with currency stability.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by seangy4konji: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2020
So who collects the money??players or coach
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by abbey621(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
ubcandid:

so all through, you're taking into account just contractions of the American economy. Why don't you factor in the boom also. Like I said earlier on, if the US dollar suffers that high rate of inflation, America would not be the economic fortress it is. T[b]he factors such as opportunity cost and co you listed have no business with currency stability[/b].

With all due respect, you do not know what you're talking about. This discussion is not only about currency stability but overall purchasing power. You can have $100,000 and yet not be able to get value of $50,000 from it, at the same time you can have $50,000 and it can do things of $100,000. I would suggest you go back and read my initial comment and research more on the future value of money otherwise we would just be going back and forth in uneeded foolery.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Amudeneogu: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
Then, what did you want us to do?
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by ubcandid(m): 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
abbey621:

With all due respect, you do not know what you're talking about. This discussion is not only about currency stability but overall purchasing power. You can have $100,000 and yet not be able to get value of $50,000 from it, at the same time you can have $50,000 and it can do things of $100,000. I would suggest you go back and read my initial comment and research more on the future value of money otherwise we would just be going back and forth in uneeded foolery.
Lol. That's your view though. We aint getting paid for this. My stance remains that $100k of 1994 cant be equated to $1M of today. Have a blessed day. No need for gentlemen to have an insightful discussion degenerate into a brawl. Stay safe.
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Listen to Amokachi in this interview. Why did Westerhof WANT to play Italy at all costs. We could have played Romania instead. Listen to Amokachi here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazGaQkTICg?t=120
Re: Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 by rickleye: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Victoria Beckham Displays Her 14 Engagement Rings Worth ₦4.2Billion(Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo's Multi-Million Five-star Hotel (Photos) / Super Eagles’ 2018 Attire Nominated Among World All-time Iconic Football Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.