Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots (60240 Views)

Kyari: US Court Can’t Order Arrest Of A Non-citizen Resident In Nigeria - PSC / Masked Oyigbo Girl: Wike Has Turned His Back On Us, We Are Dying Daily / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by omonnakoda: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Senatorbng:
The action and decision of Wike cannot stand the test of proper legal scrutiny. He is just bullying those pilots for reasons best known to him.
I wish him luck.
None of us is directly involved so it is better to be neutral and hear both sides

Wike claims there have been reported warnings to that business to subject their staff and passengers to screening.
He claims they brought in over 200 people and failed to comply with the rules on screening.
He has taken them to court
Let them have their day in court
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by eledacedar(f): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
eledacedar:

By now, their redeployment letters are waiting to be signed

I said this the other day

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by eledacedar(f): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Calm down
I do not think people realise how serious this issue is
In 10 weeks time when we have 100000 cases when we start to have 1000 deaths daily
I don't think career would be the priority
It is no joke,it is very real

On the 4th of March the US had 200 cases today it is 300000

Just take a moment to imagine how Nigeria will deal with that

You said I should calm down. Shey u see the commissioner has been redeployed. All those policemen involved in that arrest go hear am.

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by eledacedar(f): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
tinsel:
Wike has messed up the career of the police commisoner and commander of the air Force Base with this overzealousness. I am sure the federal government will deal with them.

We said it the other day.

It has happened.

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 3sha4lyf: 1:50am On Apr 28, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Do we need this power show now when lives are at risk?
This is a failure of leadership from Buhari.
The fact that Sirika is the one speaking persuades me he,Sirika, authorised this

The question is does the aviation minister have the power to authorise a civilian aircraft to land in a military airport bypassing military hierarchy and the president. Now that Kyari is unwell do ministers have access to the president
The presidency is the one playing politics. They coordinated with Lagos state. Why couldn't they carry Wke along?
I very much suspect that if the flight manifest is produced we would discover that the aircraft did not have the correct authority to land at the airforce base.

Your question is funny... Don't even know if I should answer such a question. Who ever told you that Sirika authorised anything. Guess you don't understand how flights operate in all parts of the world.

A flight is given clearance to fly by the designated authorities. Who then can overturn that except the authority it self? That person must be a terrorist then.

See, this is no time to play politics. Wikes govt ought to collaborate with the agencies set aside to combat this. All hands must work together and not show power tussles.

A typical scenario would have been a collabo with border agencies, share info and request for details who come into the state, quarantine them for xyz days, then if they are virus-free, let them go. You just don't go arresting people who were authorised to do their jobs. Now did you see what happened to the Commiss of Police? That will be the victim.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by omonnakoda: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2020
figoperch:

Forget the figures, we know them.

We are not talking about figures. We are talking about heirachies and influence.

By now, the CP would have explained severally to the IGP on the matter. If the IGP's boss isn't satisfied with the explanation, na gbes be dat.

I think very soon we will be talking about the figures
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by figoperch: 12:35am On May 20, 2020
PHijo:

That is if the governor is not fighting for Rivers people's interests. On this one even those of us who don't support governor Wike agree with him 100 percent.

How far now? Shey una eye don clear. Las las, na Wike still dey beg.
https://www.nairaland.com/5868185/wike-withdraws-charges-against-caverton
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by PHijo(m): 1:18am On May 20, 2020
figoperch:

How far now? Shey una eye don clear. Las las, na Wike still dey beg.
https://www.nairaland.com/5868185/wike-withdraws-charges-against-caverton

How?
Abeg make we hia word!
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by figoperch: 2:06am On May 20, 2020
PHijo:

How?
Abeg make we hia word!

Na noise una sabi make.

Why didn't Wine follow through with his prosecution?

The President's body language is enough to put him in his place.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by PHijo(m): 2:45am On May 20, 2020
figoperch:

Na noise una sabi make.

Why didn't Wine follow through with his prosecution?

The President's body language is enough to put him in his place.

Which yeye 'body language '? Probably body odour. Since 2015 when has that his infamous body odour helped?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by figoperch: 2:50am On May 20, 2020
PHijo:

Which yeye 'body language '? Probably body odour. Since 2015 when has that his infamous body odour helped?

Wike fall hand las las. He for proceed with the case. Una wey dey make mouth the other day suppose cover eye in shame.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by DearDealz: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post / EndSARS: US Embassy Shuts Down Operations In Nigeria / Late Yar'adua Spent His Presidential Leave At Obudu Cattle Ranch In 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.