Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots (60212 Views)

Kyari: US Court Can’t Order Arrest Of A Non-citizen Resident In Nigeria - PSC / Masked Oyigbo Girl: Wike Has Turned His Back On Us, We Are Dying Daily / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by figoperch: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

It is not my Port Harcourt, I am adult with adult children and adult concerns That the epidemic does not get out of hand
Whether they are redeployed or not is a childish concern at this time.
What is key is that stakeholders act responsibly to protect lives and not get distracted by irrelevancies

And where have I differed from your above concerns?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by vertueptime: 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kinematics:

Funny you. You just declare state of emergency without any reason for it and without the house of assembly sitting over it?
I'm not a lawyer, but I know my knowledge of our constitution is not this shallow.

The issue is not ur lack of knowledge of the constitution but inability to read what is before you properly and critically

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Blizzy9ja: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
Compliant:

ARE YOU OKAY AT ALL? BECAUSE YOU JUST SHOWN YOUR INABILITY TO COMPREHEND

1999 Constitution for Nigeria: Exclusive Legislative List has 68 item

These are the areas the powers reserved exclusively for the central government are defined. This means that only the central or federal government can legislate on the subjects in the exclusive list. Interference of the regional or state governments on matters in the exclusive list can be declared null and void and unconstitutional

Aviation, including airports, safety of aircraft and carriage of passengers and goods by air.

READ UNA NO GO GREE READ
Oga go chop sh!t Wike has sent the pilot to prison
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by vertueptime: 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

On paper it sounds feasible but for every action there are reactions.
Why did they not use that approach to end the Niger Delta militancy ?why pay amnesty
Why have they not used that to fix Borno or Zamfara.

I don't think you realize how close to becoming a failed state we are
Nigeria as we know it might not survive another 2 years

In case you have not noticed the government is broke.

It is very unlikely that Buhari will complete his tenure

See im not saying what they can do is right legit or even legal, but they can, thats the federal might, let me refer you to onoghen and saraki as heads of arms of govmnt, nothing happened,
The issue of corruption in nigeria is something bigger than all of us, it even swallowed the incorruptible general to say the least,
About the govmnt been broke, i would have to disagree, nigeria is rich, didnt u hear FG request to release 500bn, we have contingency fund,swf, foreign and domestic reserve, plus other means of generating money, all regimes will steal and still leave money, we have billionaire thay can fund the budget, imagine how much they have to be ble to give out 1bn free

On issue of buhari completing his tenure , that na God get power, only he can decide ,forget military intervention they are all politicians,
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
vertueptime:

See im not saying what they can do is right legit or even legal, but they can, thats the federal might, let me refer you to onoghen and saraki as heads of arms of govmnt, nothing happened,
The issue of corruption in nigeria is something bigger than all of us, it even swallowed the incorruptible general to say the least,
About the govmnt been broke, i would have to disagree, nigeria is rich, didnt u hear FG request to release 500bn, we have contingency fund,swf, foreign and domestic reserve, plus other means of generating money, all regimes will steal and still leave money, we have billionaire thay can fund the budget, imagine how much they have to be ble to give out 1bn free

On issue of buhari completing his tenure , that na God get power, only he can decide ,forget military intervention they are all politicians,
Those of us that survive will see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Human activist, people like you are the major problem behind the underdeveloped economy like Nigeria. That's how you will hide in your comfort zone and be playing a spectacular role in misleading innocent people with your injustice.
doctokwus:
This is what you get when you sectionalize and politicize everything because even those one knows are totally unfit f[center][/center][size=8pt][/size]
or governance,that disrespect all legal and constitutional foundations of democracy, find people that support their misdeeds.
Wike has no right to arrest anyone,not just the pilots.
Same way he and the other clowns that call themselves governors have no right to close state borders.
But of course we are dealing with a president that doesn't know his right from left and who is being programmed.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by hush15: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
tinsel:

Aviation is in exclusive list. Only the federal government can take decision on it.

Federal government then should do landing ports in the sky. As far as land is concerned, state reigns supreme
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Theoarhics: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
You guys are mad. Why would you give clearance to a non flight zone in the first place. You are not to dictate how a state governor should run his state. Why would u give clearance for flight to land and not notifying the governor whos is the chief security officer of the state ,knowing that there is an embargo.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by ehinja: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
If Caverton Helicopters got all necessary clearance from NAMA and FAAN for the flight then Governor Wike need to release the pilots as they have done no wrong.
The the pilots ordinarily will not take to air without required clearance and if they were not cleared into Rivers airspace for landing they would have return to their point of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by CuteYvonne777: 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by abeggnow: 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Wike has full rights.

Federal govt power ends in aviation while Wike is the Governor of Rivers state.

If we go by your logic of exclusive list and aviation the plane will remain in air and if it lands both the persenggers will remain in the airport. if they step foot outside the airport they are venturing into Wike Jurisdiction because he remains the Governor of Rivers State and land belongs to state government

These are nonsense 1999 constitution that is keeping this republic down
my guy you know nothing about the constitution and the law.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by kemi95046: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by gaskiyamagana: 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
He wanted to get some money from FG like Lagos. Venting anger on the pilot is senseless. 'Sensibly' let him get his people positive like Lagos, that will guarranty him money from FG.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by dongc(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
Which rights?? Only the federal government has rights to totally ban air traffic...the airport and airspace are controlled by the federal government...again with no state of emergency it illegal for like to block any federal road...read quarantine act....

Rivers state still remains under federal jurisdiction...federal law above any state law...

You just dey yarn dust ...dont know anything just be quiet..

MelesZenawi:
Wike has full rights.

If we go by your logic of exclusive list and aviation the plane will remain in air and if it lands both the persenggers will remain in the airport. if they step foot outside the airport they are venturing into Wike Jurisdiction because he remains the Governor of Rivers State and land belongs to state government

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by gaskiyamagana: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
hush15:

Federal government then should do landing ports in the sky. As far as land is concerned, state reigns supreme
Nonsense. Dis governor is very Lucky. If na baba iyabo, he must have taught him lesson that you Hosana Singers of him will be begging on his behalf.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by gaskiyamagana: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Wike has full rights.

Typical PDP reason.
I mean PROGRESS DERAILING PARTY.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by whoawa(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
Compliant:

These are the areas the powers reserved exclusively for the central government are defined. This means that only the central or federal government can legislate on the subjects in the exclusive list. Interference of the regional or state governments on matters in the exclusive list can be declared null and void and unconstitutional

Aviation, including airports, safety of aircraft and carriage of passengers and goods by air.

READ UNA NO GO GREE READ

Akpa Amu
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by idahme(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
JAMO84:
Yet, they would say Buhari is a dictator. Can Wike try this nonsense with Obasanjo? He would remove him within a week and nothing would happen. Ask Fayose and Dariye!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

Leave this your assertions..... It doesn't hold waters
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Pacesetter123(m): 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
Marine54:
so because Aviation in exclusive list ! Aviation industry has the right to break state law, after the state government has announced the closure of air, sea and land boundary of the state... Does it make sense to you ...
Who gave him power to close air and sea boarder?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by NairaMaster1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-wike-has-no-right-to-order-arrest-of-pilots-says-aviation-minister

No wonder, they sent ABBA kyari to go and bring coro to aso rock.

I am disappointed.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by aimmoney9: 12:07am On Apr 09, 2020
HE HAS THE RIGHT COZ IT IS HIS JURISDICTION.....PLUS I AM HAPPY HE IS A SAN, KNOWS HIS LEFT AND RIGHT AND THUS CANNOT BE PUSHED AROUND...
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2020
dongc:
Which rights?? Only the federal government has rights to totally ban air traffic...the airport and airspace are controlled by the federal government...again with no state of emergency it illegal for like to block any federal road...read quarantine act....

Rivers state still remains under federal jurisdiction...federal law above any state law...

You just dey yarn dust ...dont know anything just be quiet..

Try And make sense next time u reply.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 09, 2020
abeggnow:
my guy you know nothing about the constitution and the law.

Look for other things to do

Which constitution and which law?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 12:33am On Apr 09, 2020
aimmoney9:
HE HAS THE RIGHT COZ IT IS HIS JURISDICTION.....PLUS I AM HAPPY HE IS A SAN, KNOWS HIS LEFT AND RIGHT AND THUS CANNOT BE PUSHED AROUND...
He is a SAN?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 3sha4lyf: 12:35am On Apr 09, 2020
I've read so many ignorant comments here from people that know nothing about Aviation rules in Nigeria. I'm kinda sure the commentators are unlearned kids.

All supporting Wike's action, clap for yourselves.

Wike himself clearly said that he knows he had no right to stop flights from flying into the state... You guys are here arguing left right centre. If a plane has been cleared to fly by the necessary authorities empowered by the constitution, why punish them �‍♀️ �‍♀️ �‍♀️

If you were wise, you would have suggested that the government collaborates with the federal government to get info on incoming flights cleared by the relevant agencies. Get a department that liaises with NCDC, FAAN, NCAA etc and get notified when people given special clearance to come in, arrive, then quarantine them for 14 days, release them if they are COVID-free. This need not be a conflict for power tussle.

Are you telling me that if NCAA or NAMA boss flies into Rivers, he would be arrested for entering the state? �‍♀️ �‍♀️ �‍♀️ Come off it.
We will be entering RIVERS State. I dare Wike to make another arrest. Then he will understand the limit of his jurisdiction.

I sorry for the police commish that effected the arrest.t his is how people walk into their early retirement after so many years of diligent service to the force. Then one will blame the system.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by akan102: 1:14am On Apr 09, 2020
Compliant:

READ UNA NO GO GREE READ

You are so so right which means dead in form of coronavirus, Boko Haram etc can be transported to a state through your exclusive list pattern eg flight and the state will keep quiet, Afterall its through exclusive list, you get sense well well
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Mycommand: 1:48am On Apr 09, 2020
Governor Wike is the "chief security officer" of the state.
Marine54:
na small pickin dey warry you! Who is the chief security of the state ?

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by suremanpatriot: 1:50am On Apr 09, 2020
These govrs are abusing the law...how can yu harrass pilots that where cleared fr control tower to land.Did wike go to school at all? let alone read law?

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by PHijo(m): 2:28am On Apr 09, 2020
figoperch:

Nothing special about Rivers State.

If any sitting president wants to deal with the governor with impunity, he will.

All the governor will do is shout.

That is if the governor is not fighting for Rivers people's interests. On this one even those of us who don't support governor Wike agree with him 100 percent.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by bakynes3: 3:27am On Apr 09, 2020
This matter is very simple, Wike should know the boundaries of his power. What we should try to understand is, if Wike arrested the pilots (that got FAAN clearnace to land )on the premises of the Airport or arrested them when they got outside of the airport? If he arrested them in the premises of the Airport,then Wike is just a fool because he doesnt have powers on FG property like the airforce base or Airport. But if he did on the road outside of the airport, then he has all right to arrest them. The Company that owns the Helicopter ought to have sent a letter to the Governor informing them of the official duty given to them by the FG, so the pilots can be allowed to move on the streets of Rivers State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Slay Queens To Wash Cars In Port-Harcourt, Support PDP / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post / Sowore Appears In Court Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.