Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (132518 Views)

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
okeyglm:
Is the resident Id same as resident permit?

No is not. This is also done by their own citizens. is not an issue just go to " Nigeria home commission " is easy and fast dnt worry u dnt have to face any long lines like here. Things work over there

Or u may just leave it like that but if u intended to stay up to 6 months to 1 year is better to do it

3 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Joemetry:

Thanks again bro.

Pay zero attention to those trying to flip your experience against you.
That's what we do in Nigeria and then complain why things never get better.
Even with your openness to answer questions relating to Côte d'vour you can still see how our people are reacting and claiming to be all knowing.

Thank u my guy

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Joemetry:

Thank you Emekus!
While waiting for more updates, outside the ECOWAS passport and the resident I.D what other documents are necessary while already in Côte d'voire?

Is just normal card for identity purposes.

If u are not staying long time or u are not into any business dnt worry. is not a serious thing but compulsory

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Claraola:

Thanks for mentioned My Guy
We're waiting for more update.
Is the Resident ID same as Resident permit?

No is not

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by sammi21(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
Emekus my guy....I'm really feeling this ur thread,i just cant wait to leave this shithole called Nigeria....A country that have sold oil for more than 50years and cant feed her citizens for one month,a country that cannot boast of common stable electricity supply....Pls oh,wat kind of life. can 2million naira give u in ivory coast,I'm a very experienced forex trader i just need an evironment with steady power supply 247......I'm just sick of staying here in nigeria where nothing works...

14 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by NONNYG: 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
odinga1of:

Bro, Oga Drenimarcus and NONNYG

Are commenting on your thread? Just know Donald Trump will soon comment.

We don't even need front page self, if the afforemaforeme monikers could comment on your thread, even Justwise will just be observing.

Great works. Keep it up.
Hahahaha, @odinga1of thanks for the recognition.. I love the thread and i follow it everyday, Once Coro is over, i will definitely visit the country as i have a lot of Ivorian friends back then in Nigeria who has recently returned back to their country. Since OP has listed some of the booming businesses over there, i might seize the opportunity to survey their market for future business/investment.

Oga Emeka keep the ball rolling.

Awon Derailer Squad, pls keep off

7 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Chidonsky: 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
sammi21:
Emekus my guy....I'm really feeling this ur thread,i just cant wait to leave this shithole called Nigeria....A country that have sold oil for more than 50years and cant feed her citizens for one month,a country that cannot boast of common stable electricity supply....Pls oh,wat kind of life. can 2million naira give u in ivory coast,I'm a very experienced forex trader i just need an evironment with steady power supply 247......I'm just sick of staying here in nigeria where nothing works...
good i believe you can survive with any good online business.Forex is a goldmine for good traders.With stable light and internet you will live fine,except may be because of language barrier.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Chidonsky: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
Emekus keep the good work going
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
sammi21:

My brother with such money in that country i want to start seeing your name on TV after 5years. When i told u my friend came there with nothing but due to how intelligent he was he made millions before leaving. So my brother ur journey is sweet grin

11 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
NONNYG:
Hahahaha, @odinga1of thanks for the recognition.. I love the thread and i follow it everyday, Once Coro is over, i will definitely visit the country as i have a lot of Ivorian friends back then in Nigeria who has recently returned back to their country. Since OP has listed some of the booming businesses over there, i might seize the opportunity to survey their market for future business/investment.

You have Ivorian friends then u are in a good advantage. Why not take them as your buiness partners

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
NONNYG:

If u have friends over there then.. U are have big advantage.

Why not take those ur friends as buiness partners

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Drenimarcus(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
odinga1of:

Oga Drenimarcus of USA thread??

Bro Emekus, I told ya, the world is reading. Remember what I told u on phone?

Someone else has told u, na Oga Drenimarcus has echoed it as well.

For those seeking for scholarships, and school.......plz plz plz plz check another thread.

We are not the cause of your anger.

Plz, I take God beg Una.

Don't derail this thread.

una no go finish me forthis forum grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Claraola: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

No is not
Okay my guy.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sweet update bro
Keep the updates coming
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 12:01am On Apr 29, 2020
Hadampson:
Sweet update bro
Keep the updates coming

OK my man i will

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by NONNYG: 5:39am On Apr 29, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

If u have friends over there then.. U are have big advantage.

Why not take those ur friends as buiness partners
Thanks, I'm already planning on that.

Pls check your pm
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2020
NONNYG:
Thanks, I'm already planning on that.

Pls check your pm

i dnt think my private message is working. Just send me an email with this address. emekaalezie7@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Jaybnjamin(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
This lockdown is a good period to be updating this thread nah.

Wey all the gurus dem
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

i dnt think my private message is working. Just send me an email with this address. emekaalezie7@gmail.com

Emekus weldone brother...
Please I want to really know more about the opportunities of a footballer in Côte d'voire as I have a brother who has been hustling football around the West African countries for over 4 years now. And you knowing the nature of this football hustle, age factor can narrow your opportunities.

He is really talented and I want to tell him about Ivory Coast.
Thank you!
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Joemetry:

Emekus weldone brother...
Please I want to really know more about the opportunities of a footballer in Côte d'voire as I have a brother who has been hustling football around the West African countries for over 4 years now. And you knowing the nature of this football hustle, age factor can narrow your opportunities.

He is really talented and I want to tell him about Ivory Coast.
Thank you!

OK check ur inbox
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:57am On May 01, 2020
HI GUYS,

Please stay tuned by 1 pm for new update..... grin

cc:odinga1of
cc:claraola
cc:joemetry

3 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 11:51am On May 01, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:
HI GUYS,

Please stay tuned by 1 pm for new update..... grin

cc:odinga1of

Okay brother...
Alarm set!
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 12:55pm On May 01, 2020
HI GUYS,

Am going to be talking about things that i noticed in ivory coast.

Everything i will be stating here is from my own experience over there and not "hearsay"

Firstly, i need to say this as first thing i noticed over there in ivory coast.

This people always mind their businesses. They dnt interfere in anybody life and choice. i wish Nigeria as a country can learn this.

I remember how i was homeless and the first girl i met took me to her place and her mother could not say anything because is her choice ( if it was in nigeria now her mum would have told her that i was homeless and not good for her grin)

Is only in ivory coast you can find a church and a drinking bar in same place even close to an hotel. Am not talking one minutes away from each other but both building using same " fence" grin ( that is too much tolerance)

I remember a story when i was still in "ivory coast " am not going to mention the name of the Nigeria church i was attending at that time, but that issue was so funny to me uptill now! Listen guys....

I was with my 3 Nigeria friends, and we were all seating outside the church that evening when a police man who is living close to the church came and make a report about the noise pollution from the church speaker at that time( this speaker is little bit faulty and i believe that was why the noise was unbearable for the man kids) the man was complaining about his kids not able to study at night during the exam period. When he told us... Bobby and Isioma assured him of taking the matter to the pastor.

Listen guys! When isioma and bobby told the pastor. the pastor told them dnt worry we are going to chase the bars and hotel with our speakers grin honestly uptil today i dnt know if the pastors was right or wrong because i dnt like too criticize any pastor.

i was just thinking if it were in Nigeria if a church and bar can be tolerated to stay in one premises. When the church speakers are ON and the bar music big speakers are ON also. This is to tell u people that this people always mind their businesses

The other thing i notice in " ivory coast" is that if i came to visit u and u were eating while i came in at that time, u will have to stop eating and give me the whole food to continue eating... And is now left for me to take it or permit you to carry on with ur food. Even if u people are 5 eating in one plate... You all need to stop and give me everything to continue eating grin ( trust Nigerians for this advantage)

The other thing i noticed that if u have visited an Ivorian person for like 2 times and the 3rd times he or she gave u food or ask u to come and eat, then if u refused..... He or she will start suspecting u, because to them if u love them why would u not want to take anything from them. ( saying NO to anything they gave u is almost a SIN) grin

in ivory coast 95 percent if not all mothers... knows their daughter boyfriends, that is to say if u are dating any girl in ivory coast her mother will surely know. So u better have it in your mind before u drive rough .

Listen guys! Have seen a situation when Bobby approached a girl and they both fixed a time too meet up, but funny enough and to our surprise we saw the girl and her mother coming to meet Bobby grin we were are all shocked!

That moment Bobby told us this in pidgin at the bar " i no do again" grin ( bush meat don catch the hunter) cool

I am not joking and not saying " hearsay" to u guys. am telling u all about my memories and " fact file"

I noticed in " ivory coast " all schools starting from the primary to the higher level ( that is universities/colleges) has morning and night session grin but the elders are more oppurtuned to be seen at night school session grin ( no excuse or age issue why u should not be educated) even adult dey primary school

So..... many things to say but i have to stop and come back soon with an update in few days time... Hopefully to write more on (SAMEDI SUA) grin

Thanks

cc:Odinga1of

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:
HI GUYS,

Everything i will be stating here is from my own experience over there and not "hearsay"

This people always mind their businesses. They dnt interfere in anybody life and choice. i wish Nigeria as a country can learn this.

I remember how i was homeless and the first girl i met took me to her place and her mother could not say anything because is her choice ( if it was in nigeria now her mum would have told her that i was homeless and not good for her grin)

Is only in ivory coast you can find a church and a drinking bar in same place even close to an hotel. Am not talking one minutes away from each other but both building using same " fence" grin ( that is too much tolerance)

I remember a story when i was still in "ivory coast " am not going to mention the name of the Nigeria church i was attending at that time, but that issue was so funny to me uptill now! Listen guys....

I was with my 3 Nigeria friends, and we were all seating outside the church that evening when a police man who is living close to the church came and make a report about the noise pollution from the church speaker at that time( this speaker is little bit faulty and i believe that was why the noise was unbearable for the man kids) the man was complaining about his kids not able to study at night during the exam period. When he told us... Bobby and Isioma assured him of taking the matter to the pastor.

Listen guys! When isioma and bobby told the pastor. the pastor told them dnt worry we are going to chase the bars and hotel with our speakers grin honestly uptil today i dnt know if the pastors was right or wrong because i dnt like too criticize any pastor.

i was just thinking if it were in Nigeria if a church and bar can be tolerated to stay in one premises. When the church speakers are ON and the bar music big speakers are ON also. This is to tell u people that this people always mind their businesses

The other thing i notice in " ivory coast" is that if i came to visit u and u were eating while i came in at that time, u will have to stop eating and give me the whole food to continue eating... And is now left for me to take it or permit you to carry on with ur food. Even if u people are 5 eating in one plate... You all need to stop and give me everything to continue eating grin ( trust Nigerians for this advantage)

The other thing i noticed that if u have visited an Ivorian person for like 2 times and the 3rd times he or she gave u food or ask u to come and eat, then if u refused..... He or she will start suspecting u, because to them if u love them why would u not want to take anything from them. ( saying NO to anything they gave u is almost a SIN) grin

in ivory coast 95 percent if not all mothers... knows their daughter boyfriends, that is to say if u are dating any girl in ivory coast her mother will surely know. So u better have it in your mind before u drive rough .

Listen guys! Have seen a situation when Bobby approached a girl and they both fixed a time too meet up, but funny enough and to our surprise we saw the girl and her mother coming to meet Bobby grin we were are all shocked!

That moment Bobby told us this in pidgin at the bar " i no do again" grin ( bush meat don catch the hunter) cool

I am not joking and not saying " hearsay" to u guys. am telling u all about my memories and " fact file"

I noticed in " ivory coast " all schools starting from the primary to the higher level ( that is universities/colleges) has morning and night session grin but the elders are more oppurtuned to be seen at night school session grin ( no excuse or age issue why u should not be educated) even adult dey primary school

So..... many things to say but i have to stop and come back soon with an update in few days time... Hopefully to write more on (SAMEDI SUA) grin

Thanks

Emekus Emekus!

If I tell you how this thread de enter bony ehn...
E be like this ivory coast people like book pass us for naija here o.

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by odinga1of: 2:25pm On May 01, 2020
Thanks for the mentioned OP,

I greet you specially. E b like day I dey Ivory Coast as I dey read your story.

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Goodman247: 2:41pm On May 01, 2020
Liftmaster:

Congratulations on being the first to "Bell the Cat". I know I will be attacked, like you were, for stating a contrary opinion to what exists in the echo chamber, but the truth is that the "Emperor has no Clothes"! It takes a certain amount of skill to present a lot of words but actually say nothing smiley. OP should not take this as negative criticism but a challenge to present useful information, facts, details, even pictures! A few people on here have presented more information in one fleeting post than the OP has done in 11 pages. Now excuse me while I don my fire retardant suit as the flaming begins.
l don't insult people, listen, he did not go to CV for schooling, he went to pursue his football career, he is just sharing his adventure with you, even those who are going abroad for schooling also have adventures like their day to day relationship with people over there, if you don't like his thread, kindly exit it

8 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Chidonsky: 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
Emekus Emekus,this story is really interesting i just feel like am in Abijan.From the stories you gave told us so far,i think coted'voire people have value for human and they also parents get involve in their kids choice as a partner.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Claraola: 2:57pm On May 01, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:
HI GUYS,

Thanks

Thanks for the mentioned my guy
This your stories dey enter my body like cold water, we're waiting for more update bro.

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2020
Joemetry:

Emekus Emekus!

If I tell you how this thread de enter bony ehn...
E be like this ivory coast people like book pass us for naija here o.

Na so my guy, Lol

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:05pm On May 01, 2020
odinga1of:
Thanks for the mentioned OP,

I greet you specially. E b like day I dey Ivory Coast as I dey read your story.

grin na so
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2020
Goodman247:
l don't insult people, listen, he did not go to CV for schooling, he went to pursue his football career, he is just sharing his adventure with you, even those who are going abroad for schooling also have adventures like their day to day relationship with people over there, if you don't like his thread, kindly exit it

Exactly my point....
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 4:17pm On May 01, 2020
Chidonsky:
Emekus Emekus,this story is really interesting i just feel like am in Abijan.From the stories you gave told us so far,i think coted'voire people have value for human and they also parents get involve in their kids choice as a partner.

Yes they have value for life. But the reason why they want to know their daughter boyfriend is the same reason abortion is not much

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply)

DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos) / All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures / Abuja Nightclubs Where Strippers, Prostitutes Go Berserk For Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.