Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Jesus Is God. See - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is God. See (10363 Views)

Jesus Is God! See Evidenced / God Is A Good Loving God. See Proof / Wearing Of Trouser As A Woman Is Unacceptable By God,see Proof. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is God. See by pressplay411(m): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

It's difficult to change the TRUTH!

You Churchgoers are lazy, so instead of doing a thorough research on what you were taught {Act 17:11} you just swallow like pap, then when you come in contact with a fervent student you start arguing blindly!

Well there are portions that were smuggled into the Bible by a committee that compiled the 66 books in the second century.

But today, thanks to honest hearted and sincere researchers who have helped in unraveling all the secrets, if you want to be sure of what is or is not part of the Bible, go get yourself any other version of the Bible apart from the King James Version (KJV), check all those verses that's missing in the New Word Translation (NWT of the Watchtower) then come back with your futile arguments! smiley

Seems you're right. It wasn't in the original text.
But there are still other verses that portray that Jesus is God.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,  Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

There are scriptures that confirm that Jesus is God though, both in the Old and new testaments.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Why do you live out the PRINCE of peace?
Have you ever heard of a prince without a father who is the King?

Well the verse said he will be called, meaning he will earn those titles!

Mighty God indicates that he should not be referred to as the Almighty God !

And Everlasting Father means he is coming to replace Adam who supposed to be the father of all humans but is now dead and DEAD for ever. That's why God's word also referred to Jesus as the last Adam! 1Corinthians 15:45

Jesus was here as a representative of God so whoever has seen him is like seeing God's qualities that we supposed to have learnt from Adam (our real father), Jesus as our foster father has come to teach us all the qualities of our Grandfather (God).

So all those who fails to adopt Jesus as their foster father still want to continue living as children of Adam, and since Adam is dead, all his children are supposed to be dead as well! Romans 5:12 compare to John 3:16

That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what you're quoting! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

There are scriptures that confirm that Jesus is God though, both in the Old and new testaments.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Isaiah 9:6 Jesus is a God. NOT Almighty God.
1 Cor 8:5-6, Psalms 82:1,6. Man is a God.
John 17:3, who is the ONLY TRUE God?

1 Tim 3:16 KJV is a FORGERY.
Compare KJV & other Bibles , you will observe a glaring difference... (Assignment for you)

See other PROOF:

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

Seems you're right. It wasn't in the original text.
But there are still other verses that portray that Jesus is God.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,  Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

You need not worry yourself over the issue, the translators who added to God's word are accursed people {Revelations 22:18} so instead of dwelling on the misconceptions they've spread over the centuries, why not try to be open-minded to fish out the TRUTH?

If they maliciously added to God's word, their teachings and doctrines should be trashed and that includes TRINITY, EASTER, CHRISTMAS, NEW YEAR celebration and the rest.

All those sticking to these things can't have God's blessing of holy spirit, though Satan will support them with fake signs to keep them in the dark but the will of God will not take place in anything they do!

Do you know God's will?

Well his will is for people to develop the new personality so that they can form a global family of peace lovers, by so doing they're preparing themselves for Paradise, because evildoers can't inherit Paradise!

That's what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing presently, none of the members are weapon carriers, meaning they're prepared to resolve all issues with dialogue.

Please read the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 then think over it perhaps what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today is just a coincidence, and try to meditate on why the same Isaiah called the one and only son who will Counsel people the Prince of PEACE! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is God. See by pressplay411(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Why do you live out the PRINCE of peace?
Have you ever heard of a prince without a father who is the King?

Well the verse said he will be called, meaning he will earn those titles!

Mighty God indicates that he should not be referred to as the Almighty God !

And Everlasting Father means he is coming to replace Adam who supposed to be the father of all humans but is now dead and DEAD for ever. That's why God's word also referred to Jesus as the last Adam! 1Corinthians 15:45

Jesus was here as a representative of God so whoever has seen him is like seeing God's qualities that we supposed to have learnt from Adam (our real father), Jesus as our foster father has come to teach us all the qualities of our Grandfather (God).

So all those who fails to adopt Jesus as their foster father still want to continue living as children of Adam, and since Adam is dead, all his children are supposed to be dead as well! Romans 5:12 compare to John 3:16

That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what you're quoting! smiley

I did not leave out prince of peace as you can see it is well included in the verse, I only emboldened the part that refers to the son as God.

Do you know that Jesus never referred to himself as the son of God? But rather as the son of man?
Why? Because as at then, it wasn't only blasphemous but would make no sense to the Jewish people.

But to his disciples, he first revealed himself as the Son of God. Then much later before his betrayal, he revealed himself as God.

Do you disagree with this?
Re: Jesus Is God. See by pressplay411(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2020
Janosky:

Isaiah 9:6 Jesus is a God. NOT Almighty God.
1 Cor 8:5-6, Psalms 82:1,6. Man is a God.
John 17:3, who is the ONLY TRUE God?

1 Tim 3:16 KJV is a FORGERY.
Compare KJV & other Bibles , you will observe a glaring difference... (Assignment for you)

See other PROOF:

I see why 1 Timothy 3:16 can be interpreted in different ways.
In the verse, .."God was manifest"...the pronoun "He" was manifest" was used in other bible translations.

So that leaves room for conflicting interpretations.

But where the bible refers to man as god, clearly we see the difference.
We were created to be gods, but fell. Which is why we die like mere men.

But when the bible refers to Jesus as God, it is capitalized just as Yahweh.
This too however is an open argument.

That Jesus is God can only best be explained when we understand that God is Spirit, not a physical entity.
Jesus is the physical expression of God for the sole achievement of the redemption of the fallen man.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

I did not leave out prince of peace as you can see it is well included in the verse, I only emboldened the part that refers to the son as God.

Do you know that Jesus never referred to himself as the son of God? But rather as the son of man?
Why? Because as at then, it wasn't only blasphemous but would make no sense to the Jewish people.

But to his disciples, he first revealed himself as the Son of God. Then much later before his betrayal, he revealed himself as God.

Do you disagree with this?

Please who said what was written in the Bible book of John 3:16, 5:17

As for Revelations there were many spirit sons of God who also revealed themselves as God even angels spoke as if they are God!
But Jesus never for once said "I am God"

If you have any text that says so please present it! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

I see why 1 Timothy 3:16 can be interpreted in different ways.
In the verse, .."God was manifest"...the pronoun "He" was manifest" was used in other bible translations.

So that leaves room for conflicting interpretations.

But where the bible refers to man as god, clearly we see the difference.
We were created to be gods, but fell. Which is why we die like mere men.

But when the bible refers to Jesus as God, it is capitalized just as Yahweh.
This too however is an open argument.

That Jesus is God can only best be explained when we understand that God is Spirit, not a physical entity.
Jesus is the physical expression of God for the sole achievement of the redemption of the fallen man.

When the inspired writers were penning down these words, the only thing written in Capital is God's personal name JEHOVAH.

All titles were written in small letters. You can check other translations to confirm this!

You'll notice @ Psalms 110:1 the Lord appeared twice, one in capital and the other in small letters.

What supposed to be there is

Jehovah (Almighty God) said to my Lord (Jesus) Act 2:32-36

It was the dubious committee that changed the title's rendering to fit in to their own interpretations! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Janosky:

Yes ooooo.
Gbagam !!!!

Proverbs 8:22, to verses 30
“Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all of his works"

Who is personified as Wisdom..?
1 Cor 1:24,30 , Jesus Christ is the Wisdom of Proverbs 8:22-30
"The first born of every creature" Col1:15,Rev3:14.

Proverbs 8:22 is a SOLID PROOF "the beginning of creation by God" in Rev3:14 should NEVER be mistranslated as "the ruler of creation" in many Trinitarians Bibles.

If you claim Wisdom is not a person in Proverbs8:22, then you are also FALSELY claiming that "the Word" of John 1:1 is not a person...
(Trinitarians,una can't shift this goalpost) grin

Proverbs 8:22-30 , the personified Wisdom was created & was working with God.
Two entities , not one.
John 1:1,two entities,not one.
Ton TOV Theon "the only True God" (John 17:3. 20:17) and Theos (Greek > a god /God).
TOV Theon is NOT Jesus Christ..
In the Bible, Jesus NEVER used Tov Theon to speak about himself.. John 17:3. 14:1 .20:17

Jehovah CREATED "the first born of every creature" ,his son ,(Col1:15) to work with Jehovah to create other things > Col 1:16.
Trinitarians,i dey ask una :
Did Jesus create his Father? No ,at all...

Therefore, (Greek Dia) by means of, THROUGH Jesus, "the first born of every creature" working with the Father, other things were created. Col 1:16.. John 1:3. Hebrews 1:2
The God created Theos (man , angels,Jesus) in His image. grin

THEON/THEOS Lexicon

See attachments below from your support organisation (JW websites). Its either you are not being dishonest or you dont read at all. I have helped you get it from your support base.

This is something i have pointed out to you severally but seems you dont read. A good student will go ahead and check if it's true or not. It is not smart just repeating errors that you have been pointed to.

I am not even talking of scriptures. I am talking of your use of Greek lexicon. It's totally wrong. You should learn it the way you learn English. Don't speak people's language/word without proper knowledge of the word.

Imaging saying Theon created Theos. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Theon and Theos are not different words. They mean the same stop the embarrassment. I have shown you than ton Theon was used for a goddess. Theon and Theos are based on grammatical construction not religion. Stop and go and read your Greek well.

Theon, Theos, Theou etc are all different form of saying God depending on grammar but it is the context that should determine if its almighty God or anyother not the word formation.

The Greek used PANTHEON to mean remember of all Gods. It is related to anything deity.

Why is it a hard thing for you to learn. Go check books, Google and materials and stop embarrassing your myself and also misleading others. You can go ahead and prove your "Jesus is not God" without having to twist words.

Why do we like putting religion coloration to everything to the end that you refused glaring truth about language. Can you go to Greece or Greek speaking environment and say this. Please stop asking always of yourself.

I have given you below a simple Google search for

"what is the difference between THEON and THEOS in Greek"
See below attachment as Google results yourself. You can make same search.

I have also given you a snapshot of one of your support organizations JW sites that support his. See second and third attachments.

I have seen many of you propagate this lies all around NL. Please stop presenting yourself in bad light and untruthful.

It also show you arent abreast with your organisation way of using lexicon. Please go an learn.

Even in ancient Greek, Philosophers and writers like Socrates and Plato usage of God was mostly Theos because of the context. Please do research. It is not enough to just be typing.

https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/40477/who-is-plato-and-socrates-god

Observe that evidence and facts i presented to you are internal to your organisation and doctrine so Please after this correct yourself to make discussing with you productive.

Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

When the inspired writers were penning down these words, the only thing written in Capital is God's personal name JEHOVAH.

All titles were written in small letters. You can check other translations to confirm this!

You'll notice @ Psalms 110:1 the Lord appeared twice, one in capital and the other in small letters.

What supposed to be there is

Jehovah (Almighty God) said to my Lord (Jesus) Act 2:32-36

It was the dubious committee that changed the title's rendering to fit in to their own interpretations! smiley

Seriously?

Original writings with CAPITAL and SMALL LETTERS? grin grin grin grin

Who is teaching you guys all these. You have no knowledge of what you said at all.

Please learn, read ,study.
Hebrew text has no lower case. JEHOVAH wasnt only written in upper, all hebrew text are in upper case.

I hardly like using google search as research evidence but it seems that is the language you like.

See google simple search below.

Also as i have advised you before, avoid referring to original writings or Greek and Hebrew text if you dont know what you are saying.

Hebrew writings is ancient. No case sensitive, no space, dots, comma etc even the ancient Greek. Please go ahead and read please.

Re: Jesus Is God. See by pressplay411(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Please who said what was written in the Bible book of John 3:16, 5:17

As for Revelations there were many spirit sons of God who also revealed themselves as God even angels spoke as if they are God!
But Jesus never for once said "I am God"

If you have any text that says so please present it! smiley

Ok, he implied it. But never said it.
That's because he knew it would generate the reaction you saw in John 5:18

Of course you can't see where Jesus said He is God. Just as you can't see where he said he's the son of God.
But both are implied in different verses of the scriptures.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nezero(m): 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

Mighty God is not Almighty God.

Jesus had a beginning.

New King James Version Colossians 1:15

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation God created him.

Jesus died. God resurrected him.
Acts 13:30 King James Version (KJV). 30 But God raised him from the dead

Jesus worships Almighty God and prays to him. God calls him his son. He calls God Father, my God

John 20:17
Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’ ”

1 Timothy 3:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:

He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,[a]
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

Other bibles did not put God.

John 6:38
John 6:38, KJV: "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me."

He was obeying instructions.

John 7:16
KJV: "Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me."

He was not teaching his own ideas.

Matthew 24:36 kjv
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

He did not know some things his father has not told him yet.

John 14:28 kjv
You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

His father is not his mate.

In conclusion, Jesus came to bridge the gap between man and Almighty God. He did not try to steal the worship that belongs to God. He worships God.

He never asked us to worship him. If you do, you are on your own.

The Devil will be happy if we worship anything, anyone, except God.

Make your choice

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nezero(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

Of course you can't see where Jesus said He is God. Just as you can't see where he said he's the son of God.

Matthew 16:16. Kjv

Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus commended Peter for answering correctly

Mark 14:61, 62
King James Bible
But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Here Jesus again acknowledged that he is the son of God

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nezero(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Preciousgirl:

Of course... you are free to doubt...from your own quote of Matthew 18:16, Jesus is asking you to believe in him, and you say NO. Who in scriptures had the audacity to ask humans to believe in him? Your veil is very thick!

Gibberish. Your veil is thicker.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
hupernikao:

Seriously?

Original writings with CAPITAL and SMALL LETTERS? grin grin grin grin

Who is teaching you guys all these. You have no knowledge of what you said at all.

Please learn, read ,study.
Hebrew text has no lower case. JEHOVAH wasnt only written in upper, all hebrew text are in upper case.

I hardly like using google search as research evidence but it seems that is the language you like.

See google simple search below.

Also as i have advised you before, avoid referring to original writings or Greek and Hebrew text if you dont know what you are saying.

Hebrew writings is ancient. No case sensitive, no space, dots, comma etc even the ancient Greek. Please go ahead and read please.

I've told you i'm not interested in studying without vivid evidence.

All your studying is hopeless if you study a field all your life without having anything to present as your project! 2Timothy 3:7

I've presented Jehovah's Witnesses before you as the one and only TRUE Christian group that's applying God's word correctly, and their achievements. Matthew 7:16-18

Let's evaluate the efficacy of your studies from your project! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
hupernikao:

THEON/THEOS Lexicon

See attachments below from your support organisation (JW websites). Its either you are not being dishonest or you dont read at all. I have helped you get it from your support base.

This is something i have pointed out to you severally but seems you dont read. A good student will go ahead and check if it's true or not. It is not smart just repeating errors that you have been pointed to.

I am not even talking of scriptures. I am talking of your use of Greek lexicon. It's totally wrong. You should learn it the way you learn English. Don't speak people's language/word without proper knowledge of the word.

Imaging saying Theon created Theos. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Theon and Theos are not different words. They mean the same stop the embarrassment. I have shown you than ton Theon was used for a goddess. Theon and Theos are based on grammatical construction not religion. Stop and go and read your Greek well.

Theon, Theos, Theou etc are all different form of saying God depending on grammar but it is the context that should determine if its almighty God or anyother not the word formation.

The Greek used PANTHEON to mean remember of all Gods. It is related to anything deity.

Why is it a hard thing for you to learn. Go check books, Google and materials and stop embarrassing your myself and also misleading others. You can go ahead and prove your "Jesus is not God" without having to twist words.

Why do we like putting religion coloration to everything to the end that you refused glaring truth about language. Can you go to Greece or Greek speaking environment and say this. Please stop asking always of yourself.

I have given you below a simple Google search for

"what is the difference between THEON and THEOS in Greek"
See below attachment as Google results yourself. You can make same search.

I have also given you a snapshot of one of your support organizations JW sites that support his. See second and third attachments.

I have seen many of you propagate this lies all around NL. Please stop presenting yourself in bad light and untruthful.

It also show you arent abreast with your organisation way of using lexicon. Please go an learn.

Even in ancient Greek, Philosophers and writers like Socrates and Plato usage of God was mostly Theos because of the context. Please do research. It is not enough to just be typing.

https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/40477/who-is-plato-and-socrates-god

Observe that evidence and facts i presented to you are internal to your organisation and doctrine so Please after this correct yourself to make discussing with you productive.

Hupernikao claim:
" Imagine saying Theon created Theos. Please stop embarrassing yourself"

You REFUSED to quote the exact statement I made.. Hupernikao, why ?

What's your agenda?

I NEVER said Theon and Theos mean different things. Stop misquoting me.

My STATEMENT:
The God (Greek TOV Theon) created Theos (man, angels,Jesus).
Jesus NEVER used that expression to refer to himself. John 17:3. John 20:17. John 14:1.
Is it not there in your Greek whatever?
Tell the world where my STATEMENT lied ....

Yes ,Acts 19:37 Theon referred to a goddess.
Is Jesus Christ a goddess?
Abeg shift !

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

John 3:16 "for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son....

I think Jesus declared himself as God's son here! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
SOURCE: jw.org
Questions From Readers

● In John 1:1 the term “god” is applied to both the Father and the Son, the Word. But in the Greek text the word for “god” (theos) is written differently in these two instances. Why? What does it mean?

To a person unfamiliar with the Greek language it might seem that there is a significance indicated by the fact that first the word is spelled theon and next theos. But the difference is simply a matter of complying with the Greek grammatical case used.

John 1:1 reads: “In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God [τὸν θεὸν, literally, the god], and the Word was a god [θεὸς].”

Greek has five cases​—nominative, genitive, dative, accusative and vocative. How a word is spelled can vary depending on the case in which it is used. Take, as an example, the definite article “the.” In the masculine gender “the” is respectively written in the first four of these cases: ὁ, τοῦ, τῷ, τὸν, in the singular number.

Similarly, in John 1:1 the word theos is spelled in accord with the particular case being employed. In the first instance (“the Word was with God”) it is in the accusative case and thus is spelled θεὸν But in the second occurrence it is in the nominative case, and so it is spelled θεὸς. The spelling of theos does not of itself indicate the person or position of the one designated, as 2 Corinthians 4:4, 6 illustrates. In 2 Co 4 verse four Satan is identified as θεὸς, “the god of this system of things,” and in 2 Co 4 verse six the Creator is designated θεὸς. The spelling is theos in both verses, for the nominative case is used in each. So the fact that theos is spelled differently in its two occurrences in John 1:1 does not show any difference in meaning; “god” is the meaning in both instances.

What is interesting is that in John 1:1 the definite article ὁ [ho] is not used in front of theos when applied to the Son, the Word. Regarding this point the noted Bible translator William Barclay writes:

“Now normally, except for special reasons, Greek nouns always have the definite article in front of them, . . . When a Greek noun has not got the article in front of it, it becomes rather a description than an identification, and has the character of an adjective rather than of a noun. We can see exactly the same in English. If I say: ‘James is the man’, then I identify James with some definite man whom I have in mind; but, if I say: ‘James is man’, then I am simply describing James as human, and the word man has become a description and not an identification. If John had said ho theos ēn ho logos, using a definite article in front of both nouns, then he would definitely have identified the logos [the Word] with God, but because he has no definite article in front of theos it becomes a description, and more of an adjective than a noun. The translation then becomes, to put it rather clumsily, ‘The Word was in the same class as God, belonged to the same order of being as God ‘. . . . John is not here identifying the Word with God. To put it very simply, he does not say that Jesus was God.”​—Many Witnesses, One Lord (1963), pages 23, 24.

Hence, in both their translations Dr. Edgar J. Goodspeed and Dr. James Moffatt render the phrase as, “the Word [or Logos] was divine.” This reflects the fine distinction in wording that the apostle John used, a distinction that accords with the fact that Jesus was not equal in power and eternity with the Father but was the created Son of the Father. (1 Cor. 11:3) The New World Translation accurately renders the Joh 1 verse 1: “In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”
+++++++++++++++++++++
John 1:1, 'The Word' is an identification of a being,a person.
John 1:1 Greek "tov Theon" (The God) is an identification of a person,the Supreme Being.
John 1:1, "Theos" is descriptive of divine nature....
The examples abounds in the Greek Scriptures and hupernikao knows it ......

If you agree with Jesus Christ in the physical realm and the spiritual realm, you won't be here shouting upandan to defend a satanic scam not taught by Jesus Christ.

If you have removed John 20:17,30-31 and Revelation 3:5,11,12,21 from your own Bible, no wahala. grin
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Janosky:
SOURCE: jw.org
Questions From Readers

● In John 1:1 the term “god” is applied to both the Father and the Son, the Word. But in the Greek text the word for “god” (theos) is written differently in these two instances. Why? What does it mean?

To a person unfamiliar with the Greek language it might seem that there is a significance indicated by the fact that first the word is spelled theon and next theos. But the difference is simply a matter of complying with the Greek grammatical case used.

John 1:1 reads: “In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God [τὸν θεὸν, literally, the god], and the Word was a god [θεὸς].”

Greek has five cases​—nominative, genitive, dative, accusative and vocative. How a word is spelled can vary depending on the case in which it is used. Take, as an example, the definite article “the.” In the masculine gender “the” is respectively written in the first four of these cases: ὁ, τοῦ, τῷ, τὸν, in the singular number.

Similarly, in John 1:1 the word theos is spelled in accord with the particular case being employed. In the first instance (“the Word was with God”) it is in the accusative case and thus is spelled θεὸν But in the second occurrence it is in the nominative case, and so it is spelled θεὸς. The spelling of theos does not of itself indicate the person or position of the one designated, as 2 Corinthians 4:4, 6 illustrates. In 2 Co 4 verse four Satan is identified as θεὸς, “the god of this system of things,” and in 2 Co 4 verse six the Creator is designated θεὸς. The spelling is theos in both verses, for the nominative case is used in each. So the fact that theos is spelled differently in its two occurrences in John 1:1 does not show any difference in meaning; “god” is the meaning in both instances.

What is interesting is that in John 1:1 the definite article ὁ [ho] is not used in front of theos when applied to the Son, the Word. Regarding this point the noted Bible translator William Barclay writes:

“Now normally, except for special reasons, Greek nouns always have the definite article in front of them, . . . When a Greek noun has not got the article in front of it, it becomes rather a description than an identification, and has the character of an adjective rather than of a noun. We can see exactly the same in English. If I say: ‘James is the man’, then I identify James with some definite man whom I have in mind; but, if I say: ‘James is man’, then I am simply describing James as human, and the word man has become a description and not an identification. If John had said ho theos ēn ho logos, using a definite article in front of both nouns, then he would definitely have identified the logos [the Word] with God, but because he has no definite article in front of theos it becomes a description, and more of an adjective than a noun. The translation then becomes, to put it rather clumsily, ‘The Word was in the same class as God, belonged to the same order of being as God ‘. . . . John is not here identifying the Word with God. To put it very simply, he does not say that Jesus was God.”​—Many Witnesses, One Lord (1963), pages 23, 24.

Hence, in both their translations Dr. Edgar J. Goodspeed and Dr. James Moffatt render the phrase as, “the Word [or Logos] was divine.” This reflects the fine distinction in wording that the apostle John used, a distinction that accords with the fact that Jesus was not equal in power and eternity with the Father but was the created Son of the Father. (1 Cor. 11:3) The New World Translation accurately renders the Joh 1 verse 1: “In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”
+++++++++++++++++++++
John 1:1, 'The Word' is an identification of a being,a person.
John 1:1 Greek "tov Theon" (The God) is an identification of a person,the Supreme Being.
John 1:1, "Theos" is descriptive of divine nature....
The examples abounds in the Greek Scriptures and hupernikao knows it ......

If you agree with Jesus Christ in the physical realm and the spiritual realm, you won't be here shouting upandan to defend a satanic scam not taught by Jesus Christ.

If you have removed John 20:17,30-31 and Revelation 3:5,11,12,21 from your own Bible, no wahala. grin
Shalom.

Apostle Paul said there is no need wasting time arguing with people like hupernikao! Philippians 2 14; Colossians 2:4; 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

Jesus was preaching and teaching what he had in mind, Pharisees, Saddusees Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis were criticising Jesus' teachings until Pentecost 33ce.

Out of all those stupid antagonists who were criticising Jesus, none could match the mark of approval that God displayed when only the Christians (Jesus' followers) were granted the privilege to prophesy, see Visions and speak in foreign languages! Joel 2:28 compare to Act 2:16-21

God vindicated Jesus' followers as the one and only authentic group he approved!

Today what is expected of God's people is to make use of Jesus' teachings to form a global family of peace loving worshipers that's recognized throughout the earth and known for the LOVE, JOY and PEACE in their midst! Micah 4:1-3

So let hupernikao present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses instead of his arguments that's of no PRACTICAL BENEFITS! cheesy

After all even a blind man can see in the first century that God has approved just one group out of all the religious groups claiming worshipers of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

So let him just present the group doing God's will today with proof to back up his claims instead of fruitless arguments! cheesy
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

I've told you i'm not interested in studying without vivid evidence.

All your studying is hopeless if you study a field all your life without having anything to present as your project! 2Timothy 3:7

I've presented Jehovah's Witnesses before you as the one and only TRUE Christian group that's applying God's word correctly, and their achievements. Matthew 7:16-18

Let's evaluate the efficacy of your studies from your project! smiley

Why is it hard for you to take corrections. We are talking about right usage of text and history, you are speaking about project. Are you even listening to yourself. Is project now the yard stick for right language. Please stop distracting. Is like saying my English is correct because I have the best car in my area. Think on this.

You must accept your mistake or I will take you for a lair. Because it's a liar that will see truth and still deny.

You said original writings were in capital and small letters, and the reason you always have Jehovah as capital letter is that the writer want to differentiate it from other gods. Now have have shown you that you are wrong. Original letters don't have cases. No small letters, all written in caps, Hebrew don't have small letters. I have given you evidence, snapshot. Also documentation from Google, yet you want to wave that away. You should be thanking me for protecting you from error. Learn to accept your mistakes no one is perfect in learning.

So, take this as the point here.
ORIGINAL WRITINGS, ESPECIALLY HEBREWS HAS NO SMALL LETTERS. THERE WORDS ARE ALL CAPS.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

John5:18, Jesus Christ NEVER implied it in that verse or anywhere else !
The Jews made a DUBIOUS,unfounded claim in John 5:18. Let me ask you:
If Pressplay411 calls God his Father,do you mean you are equal to God ?
John10:36. John 19:6-7, please read and study both verses. Shine your eyes. grin

Jesus Christ emphatically said he is the Son of God everywhere in the holy Scriptures.
John 17:3. John 20:17,30-31. Matt16:13-17.
Shalom.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
hupernikao:

Why is it hard for you to take corrections. We are talking about right usage of text and history, you are speaking about project. Are you even listening to yourself. Is project now the yard stick for right language. Please stop distracting. Is like saying my English is correct because I have the best car in my area. Think on this.

You must accept your mistake or I will take you for a lair. Because it's a liar that will see truth and still deny.

You said original writings were in capital and small letters, and the reason you always have Jehovah as capital letter is that the writer want to differentiate it from other gods. Now have have shown you that you are wrong. Original letters don't have cases. No small letters, all written in caps, Hebrew don't have small letters. I have given you evidence, snapshot. Also documentation from Google, yet you want to wave that away. You should be thanking me for protecting you from error. Learn to accept your mistakes no one is perfect in learning.

So, take this as the point here.
ORIGINAL WRITINGS, ESPECIALLY HEBREWS HAS NO SMALL LETTERS. THERE WORDS ARE ALL CAPS.

Same same same! cheesy

It's like we're seeing things from different angles here Sir!

I'm not interested in your discoveries!

When Jesus was here, there was no evil label the critics of TRUTH didn't give him, so your label is worthless to me if you like called me harmed robber.

My point is you don't know anything about Christianity so go take your pills and have a sound sleep.

But if you feel like getting a listening ear from me, present the group that's teaching you God's word and let's evaluate them from their achievements as God's people, failure to do that.

Forget i'm not interested in your research! cheesy
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Apostle Paul said there is no need wasting time arguing with people like hupernikao! Philippians 2 14; Colossians 2:4; 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

Jesus was preaching and teaching what he had in mind, Pharisees, Saddusees Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis were criticising Jesus' teachings until Pentecost 33ce.

Out of all those stupid antagonists who were criticising Jesus, none could match the mark of approval that God displayed when the only Christians (Jesus' followers) were granted the privilege to prophesy, see Visions and speak in foreign languages! Joel 2:28 compare to Act 2:16-21

God vindicated Jesus' followers as the one and only authentic group he approved!

Today what is expected of God's people is to make use of Jesus' teachings to form a global family of peace loving worshipers that's recognized throughout the earth and known for the LOVE, JOY and PEACE in their midst! Micah 4:1-3

So let hupernikao present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses instead of his arguments that's of no PRACTICAL BENEFITS! cheesy

After all even a blind man can see in the first century that God has approved just one group out of all the religious groups claiming worshipers of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

So let him just present the group doing God's will today with proof to back up his claims instead of fruitless arguments! cheesy

grin grin

Mr, what do you know about Paul grin
All you wrote up there is only your sentiments.

Sentiment don't win arguments in educated environment. It is when you are short of words or explanation that you start throwing in sentiment. I have passed that many years ago.

Whether you have 1billion results or the whole world is following you doesnt make lies to be true. There are any organizations all around the world that don't believe in God and have better results than what you called results. It's childish judging truth and doctrine by results or followership.

You can own the whole world and still looses your soul, you can have man approval and still not in God's will. So, I don't even want to speak about your purported success story. There is only one and only success story, Christ Jesus. And that is what I am interested in, how you present him and how you know him.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
hupernikao:

grin grin

Mr, what do you know about Paul grin
All you wrote up there is only your sentiments.

Sentiment don't win arguments in educated environment. It is when you are short of words or explanation that you start throwing in sentiment. I have passed that many years ago.

Whether you have 1billion results or the whole world is following you doesnt make lies to be true. There are any organizations all around the world that don't believe in God and have better results than what you called results. It's childish judging truth and doctrine by results or followership.

You can own the whole world and still looses your soul, you can have man approval and still not in God's will. So, I don't even want to speak about your purported success story. There is only one and only success story, Christ Jesus. And that is what I am interested in, how you present him and how you know him.

@ bolded

Janosky please take note!

He is only interested in arguments not after the TRUTH! Philippians 2:14; Colossians 2:4; 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

So he simply wants to win arguments! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Same same same! cheesy

It's like we're seeing things from different angles here Sir!

I'm not interested in your discoveries!

When Jesus was here, there was no evil label the critics of TRUTH didn't give him, so your label is worthless to me if you like called me harmed robber.

My point is you don't know anything about Christianity so go take your pills and have a sound sleep.

But if you feel like getting a listening ear from me, present the group that's teaching you God's word and let's evaluate them from their achievements as God's people, failure to do that.

Forget i'm not interested in your research! cheesy

grin grin angry

My discoveries kè, it's a common knowledge only that you don't make research before writing. You aren't study yet want to discuss on areas not known to you.

On Christianity, I have told you before, your dogma can't start a simple litmus test of proper bible interpretation. But I will rather avoid engaging you on this as you are still struggling even with putting the writers language in proper context, dealing with lexicon and the thought presentation. Those are areas you should go and study more before speaking about Christianity and bible explanation.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by pressplay411(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Janosky:

John5:18, Jesus Christ NEVER implied it in that verse or anywhere else !
The Jews made a DUBIOUS,unfounded claim in John 5:18. Let me ask you:
If Pressplay411 calls God his Father,do you mean you are equal to God ?
John10:36. John 19:6-7, please read and study both verses. Shine your eyes. grin

Jesus Christ emphatically said he is the Son of God everywhere in the holy Scriptures.
John 17:3. John 20:17,30-31. Matt16:13-17.
Shalom.

The verses you referenced were implied. He did not refer to himself as Son of God but always as Son of Man.
My point is not to disprove that he's the son of God but to point out a pattern. That the same way he never referred to himself as the son of God, he likewise never referred to himself as God. But both were implied.
It's up to anyone to decide for himself.

It however doesn't stop you from accessing his Grace as even those who only saw him as the son of David were healed.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
hupernikao:

grin grin angry

My discoveries kè, it's a common knowledge only that you don't make research before writing. You aren't study yet want to discuss on areas not known to you.

On Christianity, I have told you before, your dogma can't start a simple litmus test of proper bible interpretation. But I will rather avoid engaging you on this as you are still struggling even with putting the writers language in proper context, dealing with lexicon and the thought presentation. Those are areas you should go and study more before speaking about Christianity and bible explanation.

Your project please! cheesy

Let's see those doing God's will as they're applying your interpretation of the scriptures.

Abi no Christian group is doing what Jesus taught correctly?

If there is just present them that's all!

Thank you! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Let's see those doing God's will as they're applying your interpretation of the scriptures.

Thank you! smiley

You guys don't know anything! grin grin grin

You and Janosky will still meet many Sabynus on Nairaland, but the only thing Sabynus sabi do na to argue and argue and argue to win arguments!

Can't you see how he just overlooked the vital point you made at Psalms 110:1? cheesy cheesy cheesy

All his interest is to argue on Hebrew writings not about how to identify or distinguish between the two Lords the Psalmist mentioned!

That's how to identify a Sabynus! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
TATIME:

You and Janosky will still meet many Sabynus on Nairaland, but the only thing Sabynus sabi do na to argue and argue and argue to win arguments!

Can't you see how he just overlooked the vital point you made at Psalms 110:1? cheesy cheesy cheesy

All his interest is to argue on Hebrew writings not about how to identify or distinguish between the two Lords the Psalmist mentioned!

Hmmmmmmmm.

Na true o. The guy na Sabynus!
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Thank you! smiley

Very sad when a man cant see the danger of misinterpretation of scriptures on the whole essence of Christendom. It is more saddening, when a man turn to human project as validation of God's acceptance at the detriment of the scriptures.

Very sad indeed. There are millions of believers scattered all around the world, unknown yet known of God properly dividing the word of truth without compromise, without human organisation yet in the will of God even in their hamlet , villages, some even strangers and rejected yet accepted of God.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
pressplay411:

The verses you referenced were implied. He did not refer to himself as Son of God but always as Son of Man.
My point is not to disprove that he's the son of God but to point out a pattern. That the same way he never referred to himself as the son of God, he likewise never referred to himself as God. But both were implied.
It's up to anyone to decide for himself.

It however doesn't stop you from accessing his Grace as even those who only saw him as the son of David were healed.
Hhmmm...

Sir , you have no response to the question I asked you?

I don't know why you claimed Jesus implied he is the Son of God....
In the holy Scriptures Jesus speaks for himself....

John 10:36 American Standard Version (ASV)
"36 say ye of him, whom the Father [a]sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Footnotes:
John 10:36 Or, consecrated

John 19:7 American Standard Version (ASV)
"7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God."

Shalom
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
TATIME:

Na so them be......
By fire by force them wan put their own Trinitarians Bible into the holy Scriptures.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo: How Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA Lured Me To Bed In London ~MEMBER / Don't Fool Yourself, Fake Jesus & His Blood Won't Save You / How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.