Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,847 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (66704 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / My Landlord Does Not See Us As Tenants / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by luminouz(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ask his wife.

Scenario 1:
She clearly have made him a servant and his children followed her footsteps.

Scenario 2:

He is not the father of those children. He is impotent

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
haba!!! Are you writing with your brain or hand? Why should he when his children are there?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by seanwilliam(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
koshi Danu joor.. na him papa ni?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by edoairways: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
starbuck:
He is reaping the fruits of his labor �‍♀️�‍♀️..

'Train a child in the way ohe/she would go, and when they are old, they won't depart from it'

I hope some of our digital Nairaland parents learn from this.. undecided undecided
Even a wayward child still has some senses

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Ten06(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
People who does house chores like that always live longer. The man is indirectly doing his daily exercise
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by abysirius(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
osuofia2:

OP you must be mad... Must you call the name of the tribe before passing your message?
Why not pass your message without tribe shaming, or if you have anything against idoma as a tribe pls come out clear
You are taking it personal oga! I am sure he doesn't mean it that way. Just let him know if such behaviour is also not acceptable in Idoma, chikenah!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
YOU CANT ENJOY THE CHILDREN YOU REFUSE TO TRAIN

THAT MAN IS CURSED. HE MAY NEVER REST BECAUSE HE DID NOT RAISE THOSE CHILDREN UP TO BE USEFUL FOR HIM TALKLESS FOR THE SOCIETY.

ANYONE THAT MARRIES ANY OF SUCH CHILDREN MAY ALSO NEVER REST, WHAT A GENERATIONAL CURSE

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Ndipe(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Mind your business UNLESS the man requests for your assistance, then you could ask him why he does all these manual labor when he has grown up children living with him.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by extol1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Galaticos444:
he shud mind his business to evil undecided
I don't why many Nigerians abuse or misuse the words, not considering that mind your business has led many people to their early grave

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by molbic(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
I've been staying with my brother like two weeks now and I also notice that their landlord and the wife are the ones doing all the house chores ranging from sweeping the compound, cooking food going to the market washing dishes and laundry, fetching water although na mel-ruwa while they have two grown up daughters that doesn't do anything except waiting for 6pm to put on their generator.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by PervertProphet: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
starbuck:
He is reaping the fruits of his labor �‍♀️�‍♀️..

'Train a child in the way ohe/she would go, and when they are old, they won't depart from it'

I hope some of our digital Nairaland parents learn from this.. undecided undecided

Hahahaha!

I loved the "Digital Nairaland Parents" part.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by obicmag(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
I guess that was the way he treated his parents when he was a child. Who knows his parents cursed him and he is reaping the effect of the curse.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by obataokenwa(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
That family is under a curse. Listen to Apostle Joshua Selmans Message on DOMINION OVER CURSES AND THE MYSTERY OF DELIEVERANCE PART FOUR. You will understand better
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by NobleAngell(f): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ferizu:

Factory settings pain you God settings lo ma pada si ��
Did you just decide to assume that I understand your language?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by dantrillion: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:

Are you sure u re not one of those 6 useless fools? U expect him to help the old man while your kinds re busy roaming around lyk goats.

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by kay7: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
moscobabs:
My grandma is now 123yrs old last January

I asked her on her birthday what makes her grow to this age?

And here is her reply

" I always mind my business" grin

MINDING ONE’S BUSINESS IS A SCARCE VIRTUE

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by donMIG(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
Some men r like that they r hardworking they love to get shit done dmselves
My dad fetches water for the whole house early in d morning... Said he needs to do exercise... He in his late 60s
That's d only tin he will do as household chores
Wats strange is Bein comfy sitin n watching him swear n work while u gist
NOW THAT BAD
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by chuksp09(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
That is not normal
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by eme1n(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sometimes, to each their own. If he derives joy and satisfaction doing chores to keep himself busy, who are we to judge, regardless of the tribe!!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
you deserve to be flogged

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by blinkz4real: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
That's not an idoma thing its either he did not train the children well or the wife cast a spell on him, certainly smtin is wrong somwere.

I ll advise u relate with any of the sons DT u think has small sense abt it in a nice way. I pity the old man.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Some people will never mind their business.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Beedude(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kindly mind ur business since u aren't related to them so u wont start using chloroquine for another person's covid 19. The man is actually reaping his failure as a father and the children won't also be useful for themselves going forward since they lack proper upbringing. Dont ask me how i know the man failed. Its just unusual for all children to be irresponsible
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by GuestLog: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
[s]Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.[/s]
Rubbish talk!

In your mind, you've said something reasonable abi?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Bonjovi13: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
I don't know why my mind is telling me that the Papa's destiny has been tied by his wife. She's locked the man tighter than a skunk's ass
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by friday2011(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
Plead:

Beat them up for? All this beat beat mentality.

90% of Nigerian guys/men won’t last upto 1 year in America or Europe before being thrown into prisons. Y’all have a very fvcked up mentality about every sphere of your life.

Lol, na lie ooo, na for here them dey flex muscle, once dem enter yankee, them dey behave one time.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by bigtt76(f): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Number 4 cheesy after all the advice but I strongly agree with you though.

veave:
You're an adult......
1. You can call them aside especially the boys and advice them one on one.

2. Start chooking the children word small small. Make it public where people are at least shame go catch them.

3. You can talk to their mother, put fear in her body. Tell her the too much work will kill her husband fast and she'll be a widow.

4. Mind your business.

I strongly advise that you go with number 4. Thanks
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Agugbadin: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.

It is unacceptable where I came from too, this is why it is good to carry out back ground check and understand the culture of whoever you want to marry to avoid culture shock. Imagine that you marry an Idoma only to discover this.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by bluefilm: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Has the man been to america before becsuse that is American lifestyle for you.

Spoilt children everywhere.

Nonsense. sad
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
No go buy market for wetin no concern you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.