Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Advise Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Please (583 Views)

Advise Please. My Woman Is Now A One-Minute Woman / I Need Your Candid Advise Please / I ACCOMODATED A TROUBLESOME COUPLE, I NEED MATURE ADVISE PLEASE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Please by solochris(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
An issue came up at my work place. A colleague of mine just rented a shop where he intends to run a side business to support what he earns. He is married with a kid. The wife is working as well. The wife bakes as a side hustle and has told the husband her intention to own a shop and finally resign from her job. Somehow the husband was able to raise the needed amount and gave to the wife about 6 months ago. She kept the money in her account and continued her work. She wasn't really talking about getting the shop again though the money is still in her account. Last week my guy just gathered money and rented a shop for himself where he intends running his own side business but after telling the wife how busy the place is and how likely he is going to make sales there, the wife is now asking him to hand over the shop to her or they should run a joint business. My guy is not too comfortable doing a joint business with the wife and prefers them both owing thier separate shops but the wife is seeing it in a different way. What do you guys think
Re: Advise Please by StPete: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
If the wife wants a joint thing and also use the shop, let her first hand over the money given to her to rent her shop then they can sit and plan things afterwards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Please by Winneygirl(f): 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
It is for the man to decide if they would be business partners or they would run independent businesses.
Some business should not go together.
E.g selling fabrics and electronics in the same store.
Or selling drugs, and selling foodstuff in the same shop.
It is for them to decide what works for them.

1 Like

Re: Advise Please by Otunba80: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
solochris:
An issue came up at my work place. A colleague of mine just rented a shop where he intends to run a side business to support what he earns. He is married with a kid. The wife is working as well. The wife bakes as a side hustle and has told the husband her intention to own a shop and finally resign from her job. Somehow the husband was able to raise the needed amount and gave to the wife about 6 months ago. She kept the money in her account and continued her work. She wasn't really talking about getting the shop again though the money is still in her account. Last week my guy just gathered money and rented a shop for himself where he intends running his own side business but after telling the wife how busy the place is and how likely he is going to make sales there, the wife is now asking him to hand over the shop to her or they should run a joint business. My guy is not too comfortable doing a joint business with the wife and prefers them both owing thier separate shops but the wife is seeing it in a different way. What do you guys think
let the man walk with his talk, No means No

1 Like

Re: Advise Please by donbachi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Coronically speaking...she wan chop dat money..if atal she never chop...op,no come tell me sey "she never chop am oo"..cos u say na ur friend and wife mata.
Re: Advise Please by sisisioge: 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
But won't they be rendering different services or products? I think she's just asking to share the space. Surely, they won't be competing against each other... And if they run same business together, isn't the money going to the same home?

I think it's a good idea. If husband is not available, wife can oversee...vice visa.
Re: Advise Please by thorpido(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
They could both use the shop if the businesses are complimentary but it still depends on the man.If he wants his own space,then so be it.
Re: Advise Please by crackland: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lol...she does not want to use the money her husband gave her to rent her own shop, that's if she has not even spent it.

He has two options:
1. He can agree to her request, but he should ensure he asks her to bring the money he gave her for rent so they can inject it into this shop they will both own.

OR

2. He can disagree and stick to his decision that they own different shops, and she should use that money to rent hers.

The third option which I feel she would love most, just like most women, is the one where she gets to keep the rent money, joins her husband in his shop, and he doesn't ask any questions but does whatever she wants. cheesy
Unfortunately, only a man with no self-will can allow this.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help Find Our Father; Mr Ayoade Kamarudeen / Gele Lovers! Come In Here! Auto Gele/manually Tied Gele!(pix attached) DIY / Satan Is Using People From Broken Homes To Start Feminism Movement-pastor Okonkw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.