Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom (39763 Views)

Newly Completed Seaman Rice Mill In Nnobi, Anambra State(video& Photos) / 11,000 Hectares Coconut Plantation In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
rusher14:
Well done to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Did you read the write up at all ?
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Chirowman(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
blowjohn:

U have half a point.
Do u know that calabar is top 5 in serenity in the country? But it's also top 5 most useless state too.
i want you to get my point clearly i didn't say Akwaibom is the most get me right even Enugu has serene environment

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by rusher14: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
prekumohtim:

Did you read the write up at all ?

You see how hateful and hypocritical your likes are?

When something terrible happens in the country even without it being remotely related to any governmental policy, the first name you call is Buhari.

But now, you are seeing a policy driven development, straight from the presidency growing roots perhaps in your very neighbourhood, but your in-bred hatred cannot even allow you to either applaud it or even shut up.

Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Orjitex15(m): 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
BruncleZuma:
I hope they'd be producing parboiled rice...?

grin grin grin grin
Do you know the meaning of parboiled rice atall? Or spewing trash Is your day to day routine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by joepepsy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
This what we celebrate? Is nigeria selling crude oil or groundnut oil, I need answer
Jerryz2050PMG:
ANOTHER RICE MILL ESTABLISHED IN AKWA IBOM

Governor Udom Emmanuel's desire in ensuring food sufficiency in the state is receiving a boost with more private investments springing up in the state. The latest SACAM AGRO PROCESSING MILL LTD at Nung Udoe Itak, off Uyo-Ikot-Ekpene highway in Ikono. The mill produces a unique parboiled brand of rice, Three Rose Rice.

The advent of the new rice mill which compliments the earlier comissioned one, Ibom Agricon Rice, is part of the fulfilment of the policy drive of Mr Emmanuel's administration to produce 80% of food needed in the state.

It was gathered that the state government has offered to offtake several volumes of the produce for the state population as part of its efforts to cushion the effect of the Quarantine and Restriction of Movement Regulation in the state.

The Permanent Secretary, Government House Dr. Nathaniel Adiakpan, Special Assistant on Research and Documentation Essien Ndueso as well as the President of Akwa Ibom State Traders Forum, Akparawa Idorenyin Raphael

The owner Mr. Samuel Okeke, a business man from Ebonyi State said the factory currently produces 350 tonnes of rice per day or 8 trailer loads of rice daily and has been distributing the product as far as Anambra State, Abia State and Rivers State in addition to the market in Akwa Ibom.

The Company's MD told newsmen that his decision to site the mill in Akwa Ibom and Ikono in particular was in response to the friendly business environment created by Governor Udom Emmanuel here and owing to the fact that there is a steady power supply in the area. He said he is enjoying at least 22 hours steady electricity at Nung-Udoe itak.

A 25 kg bag of rice produced as the mill sells for N 9,250 with the 50kg going for N18,500.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Miracle1991: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tetrahedron:
My brothers, I suspect I might be banned again for revealing the truth about this govt and definitely nairaland has been paid to censor information getting to the citizens,

I just posted a topic where I revealed with reliable source how the nig govt has obtained loans from the chinese govt with about 10% of the oil fields in NigerDelta used as collateral but the topic was deleted grin grin ;, we have fifth columnist amongst us on NL working for the FG.

See the link of the post below

https://amp.rfi.fr/en/africa/20190411-focus-africa-imf-warns-nigeria-about-mountain-chinese-debt
who is your reliable source?
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
rusher14:

You see how hateful and hypocritical your likes are?

When something terrible happens in the country even without it being remotely related to any governmental policy, the first name you call is Buhari.

But now, you are seeing a policy driven development, straight from the presidency growing roots perhaps in your very neighbourhood, but your in-bred hatred cannot even allow you to either applaud it or even shut up.

Hypocrite.

I know your type . I wish you have the ability to reasonably properly. You have flooded your mind with politics to the extent you can't reason properly. Grow up and reason beyond politics
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by rusher14: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
prekumohtim:

I know your type . I wish you have the ability to reasonably properly. You have flooded your mind with politics to the extent you can't reason properly. Grow up and reason beyond politics

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Coldie(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kurtis02:
Yet rice would still be expensive.

Even cost of local is higher than the previous acclaimed foreign Rice.

And the rate at which these Aba boiz re- bag rice ehnn .
When over supply hits the market price will drop

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by dantrillion: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
rusher14:

U should be ashame of your self & ur mumu president... Wetin concern bubu with this achievement?? give credits to whom deserve it in d perso of Gov Udom Emmanuel for paving & setting the pace for business exploits in the state.

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by rusher14: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
dantrillion:

U should be ashame of your self & ur mumu president... Wetin concern bubu with this achievement?? give credits to whom deserve it in d perso of Gov Udom Emmanuel for paving & setting the pace for business exploits in the state.

Go for night classes.

It would do you a world of good.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by israelmao(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Agricultural produces are really making farmers smiling in this season.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by OrangesRB: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
marvin906:
just a thought why are flour Mills bigger than rice Mills or it's just my eyes
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by urose93(f): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
How is this investment take concern Gov. Udom Emmanuel?. This man is so shameless always gallivanting everywhere looking for accolades. Sen.Akpabio throughout his eight years as a governor never mentioned a private filling stations, private shopping malls, private schools, private industries etc, as his achievements. The reason was simple, he had so much merga projects on his signature. Udom is a disgrace.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by mechanics(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is what we want, good initiative.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Sirwallace(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chirowman:
Akwaibom is better than many states in Nigeria, the serene environment of Uyo speaks volume of the state.

After Uyo, maybe Ikot ekpene and eket which are township, every other places are villages.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by bekpo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
MrHighSea:
Udom better deny it.

Aswear, he better deny it oh, because this kind of news is a serious blackmail to d state govt.

That's d same road I ply every single day without noticed of a single truck packed for any purpose let alond loading bags of rice in tones. Hahahaha, this govt is a mess. Pls, I no fit laugh.

Nung udoitak hosting such an industry along d express, which of the express? The one I ply every day? This is a serious joke taken too far. I am expecting Udom to rejoin this news immediately!

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Emekadollars(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
So what difference does it make when it's being sold at a close price with the foreign rice?

What foreign rice is been sold in their indigenous countries is not more than 8k for 50kg. And ours is been sold at a double. Mtcheew
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Senatorbng(m): 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
Wetin concern state government with person private business. Who know where the man go get loan set up the place! Chai!
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by dantrillion: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
rusher14:

Go for night classes.
It would do you a world of good.
Nay; go to psycho hospital; it wll help reform your level of reasoning.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by uuzba(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tundenoni:

Not all of us like parboiled rice.
I personally don't like it
So the whole. Nigeria and Akwa Ibom rice mill should give a sh1t about the rice you personally like?
How did this story change to be about only you, just now-now sef?
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by TGMISKY(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nigeria will be great. We're heading in the right direction. We may be slow but we're moving

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by ZooOga: 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kudos to Honourable GEJ for birthing the idea of self-sufficiency

there's plenty of old threads on NL for ur reading pleasure.

here's a few

Importation Of Rice Unacceptable - Jonathan - Agriculture - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1070963/importation-rice-unacceptable-jonathan

"Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina - Agriculture - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/2157999/goodluck-jonathan-farmers-president-agric

President Commends Dangote For Investing $1bn In Rice Production - Agriculture - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1840895/president-commends-dangote-investing-1bn

GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku - Food - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/940860/gej-now-eats-abakaliki-ofada

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Chibokgame: 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Op,
You are saying another rice mill is established,
Yet,
I heard the first one was a scame.

But i love good news though.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by mrksquare: 12:05am On Apr 10, 2020
Akwa Ibom state Governor is busy establishing factories and attracting investment to his state, whereas Wike hasn't attracted nor establish one factory in Rivers State since his emergence. Rivers State today is reputed for having one of the highest rate of unemployment. The Border closure on account of the COVID 19 really exposed the fact that Rivers State cannot sustain itself food-wise. For the past 6 years no tangible and clear cut policy on agriculture. All what Wike does best is politics and engaging in unnecessary, unproductive media warfare with the Federal Government. This is what you get when you have a man who is a career politician and has never worked before in his life as a Governor. So sad.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Olinex: 1:01am On Apr 10, 2020
rusher14:

Wetin concern PMB with this
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by fabolouz1(m): 5:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Looks like what is hurriedly set up for media consumption. OP could have shown the other components of the mill, to me this is just a re-bagged rice.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by fabolouz1(m): 5:43am On Apr 10, 2020
Sirwallace:

After Uyo, maybe Ikot ekpene and eket which are township, every other places are villages.
. I doubt if any other state apart from Lagos has more developed town and cities than Akwa ibom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding / Check Out This Massive Bunch of Banana / The Snake Killed By A Facebook User On His Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.