Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search (72005 Views)

Bird Flu: Lagos Begins Decontamination Of Markets (Pictures) / Enugu State Sets Up Free Door-To-Door Healthcare Initiative For Senior Citizens / New Research Opens The Door To 'functional Cure' For HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by shogsman(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Being001:
Let somebody request for my account details

Hunger dey
The way you beg passionately is embarrassing, you're taking begging to a whole new level
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by CanadaOrBust: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tetrahedron:
My brothers, I suspect I might be banned again for revealing the truth about this govt and definitely nairaland has been paid to censor information getting to the citizens,

I just posted a topic where I revealed with reliable source how the nig govt has obtained loans from the chinese govt with about 10% of the oil fields in NigerDelta used as collateral but the topic was deleted grin grin ;, we have fifth columnist amongst us on NL working for the FG.

See the link of the post below

https://amp.rfi.fr/en/africa/20190411-focus-africa-imf-warns-nigeria-about-mountain-chinese-debt

Kudos for having the courage and thanks for the link. Explains a lot of strange things.

I’ve always suspected as much. Explains why they couldn’t ban flights from China and why despite all the protests Chinese doctors were recently ushered into the country. The Chinese own this country. That is their modus operanda - secretly lend an African country money they can’t pay back, when they default you own them

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by SSam01: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
If you have coronavirus or have recovered from it or know someone who has recovered from it please feel free to share what you used to treat yourself.

A lot of people have coronavirus and cant call NCDC for fear of being abandoned in isolation centres and the stigmatization that comes with the disease.

Lets join hands to fight coronavirus AKA KOROVIRUS by sharing healthy tips and home remedies to helps us clear the virus faster.

https://www.nairaland.com/5784077/cure-coronavirus-1-week
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Silvestrlee:

What's the color of your stupid?
naira Marley is his role model. You don't need to quote him
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Ndudanon: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
The Lagos State govt should ensure they distribute relief materials first before carrying out any investigation, that way the people will co-operate will the officials. Because since the lockdown, many have exhausted the little they have and presently living from hand to mouth.

It would'nt be wise for you to go to a very hungry person's house to conduct investigation without ensuring that the person has something to eat or has been eating; because some of the symptoms could be hunger related.

Out of the #500b earmarked for the Covid 19, the govt can share 1billion naira to every Nigerian and then use the remaining amout for other projects.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by OrangesRB: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Patrioticman007:
What a trying time, DOOR 2 DOOR search ?, seeing those guys in hamzat suits knocking on your door, would be depressing even to the bravest & richest man on earth, talkless of an average Nigerian.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
Seun:
Have they run out of contacts to trace? Don’t they have people calling their hotlines begging to be tested but are denied because they have no travel history? So why in the name of God would they even need to conduct a door to door search for people with the Coronavirus? It doesn’t seem to make sense. Can someone explain?
While I don't have answers to most of your questions, I see sense in this move, because it would do a good job at sensitizing the common Lagosian about COVID-19 the more, knowing the misinformations that is going round about it.

We all know how many years of rigorous campaigns it took to finally bring Polio to its knees in Nigeria, and from that lesson alone, any model that would directly address the grassroots should be embraced. Else, we could be in for a surprising rebound.

Moreover, this move shouldn't necessarily stop them from tracing contacts...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by ennecco: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
M'y people una well don. Ennecco is back'. Tell me wel Come. Back' to thé topic good move Lagos state.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Ukpor1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
This one wey body dey do me like this i know say no be curunaviros
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by vioment: 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Not an intelligent strategy.

Preach social distancing with emphasis of now, in the sense of time period. Make Naijans know that it is a little period type of time.

Preach food security. As in how do people get food, like food reach out strategies.

Preach solutions. Put all you know about the sickness, the way it spreads, the components of this virus in a deep scientist way, the infrastructural help, etc

* The problem is that we are looking at intelligent and dignified countries like the USA, China, Europe, many Asian places, and even many Arab countries; We are not like them in terms of infrastructure and logistics, these great countries can reach the most parts of their country and people; while a country like Nigeria can't. These countries are also financially bouyant.

We have made our beds, it's time to lie in it. Nigeria is logistically challenged. Door to door check is not a good idea, what if the sick person don't come out when the health inspectors comes to check.

Bus stop checks, official building checks are doable.

Let the inspectors do their hospital checks and other important checks. Use that money to beef up the hospitals, help the staffs, and try to help most ordinary people.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by ofiko123(m): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Thank God I am not in Lagos
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by tammie24: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
You mean door to door spread
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by maklelemakukula(m): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Seun:
Have they run out of contacts to trace? Don’t they have people calling their hotlines begging to be tested but are denied because they have no travel history? So why in the name of God would they even need to conduct a door to door search for people with the Coronavirus? It doesn’t seem to make sense. Can someone explain?
they are incompetent. And all your points are valid
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by maklelemakukula(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
jared007:
Covid19 is a hoax. The more they carry-out tests the more the rise in covid19 cases.

If u have suffered from covid19 pls step forward wink
almost 100 covidiots liked this post....we are in trouble in Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by xcelentattitude(m): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
COVID-19 isn't the problem HUNGER-20 is undecided

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Agent8706:

Seriously. The same negligence the US and UK citizens portrayed is what we are portraying now. The repercussions is what they are facing now. Whoever thought a whole US can be overwhelmed ever with their sophisticated and we'll organized system

my brother, illiteracy and ignorance is our problem here.

instead of us to use USA as an example and reason to be serious about this issue, we are playing ignoramus.

maybe when number of cases reaches 1k, then we would become serious.

same way it started in Italy, now they have the highest death records worldwide.

I pity us in this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by lavenjcrown(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oh. So they want to do a door to door check regarding the virus but can't even plan of distributing food door to door. Probably when they are doing the exercise, I pray they come along with food and money.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by HDT13(m): 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Let's support the government while they're still interested in the welfare o, what if they decide not to test again and just lock up, discharge ppl...

Just wild thought o
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by aalangel(f): 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nonsense!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by henlooma80: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
They can as well carried out door to door distribution of palliative items.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Sunsets: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
A hazmat suit (hazardous materials suit)
Patrioticman007:
What a trying time, DOOR 2 DOOR search ?, seeing those guys in hamzat suits knocking on your door, would be depressing even to the bravest & richest man on earth, talkless of an average Nigerian.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by suremanpatriot: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Agent8706:
Call me a prophet of doom, but the sad reality is that the way I am seeing things, we Nigerians don't know (or choose to ignore) what Corona can do. Imagine movement everywhere during this lockdown, putting our lives at risk as if we have 9 lives. May our case not be like the Americans and Italians where Convid-19 is feasting on souls like the end is here!
You are scientifically ignorant and naive lik many nigerians. And ya lders are usin u.This is a biowar fr an experiment tht went haywire in china design for their enemy, d war is bw super power nations over economic supremacy. Your naija and africa are only caught in d middle of d crossfire. Covid is not designd for Africas climate because God didnt allow it. Covid had bn since dec why is death rate in europe and america alarmg compared to africa? Ask ya sef you knw d code.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Asifiwe(m): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Door to Door, Exactly How Antichrist will look for Men

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by InvertedHammer: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
/
Good moves.

They have to justify the use of the funds donated. Someone has to prepare the expense reports. Don't be surprised to see "Logistics for House-to-House search == N1bn" grin

\
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by suremanpatriot: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Asifiwe:
Door to Door, Exactly How Antichrist will look for Men
Ha ha ha! Jesus is Alive! Remember china last called off their wuham lockdown.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Aceed: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tetrahedron:
My brothers, I suspect I might be banned again for revealing the truth about this govt and definitely nairaland has been paid to censor information getting to the citizens,

I just posted a topic where I revealed with reliable source how the nig govt has obtained loans from the chinese govt with about 10% of the oil fields in NigerDelta used as collateral but the topic was deleted grin grin ;, we have fifth columnist amongst us on NL working for the FG.

See the link of the post below

https://amp.rfi.fr/en/africa/20190411-focus-africa-imf-warns-nigeria-about-mountain-chinese-debt

Can you mail me what was deleted?

I've mailed you
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Emifa360(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]How did the Virus spread down to Nigeria should be the major question we should be asking. All we know is that index case of the Italian. Is he the only one that has entered this country??
Agent8706:
Call me a prophet of doom, but the sad reality is that the way I am seeing things, we Nigerians don't know (or choose to ignore) what Corona can do. Imagine movement everywhere during this lockdown, putting our lives at risk as if we have 9 lives. May our case not be like the Americans and Italians where Convid-19 is feasting on souls like the end is here!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by pacificom: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
Door to door search for coronavirus is achievable. But mission impossible for door to door sharing of palatives.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by hope2007(f): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
Is Lagos state ready for the fall out of going from door to door.? The number of cases will increase and the beds in the isolation centre will not even be close to what is needed
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Siscooh: 12:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Patrioticman007:
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please,how Effective Is The Mixture Of Lime And Lipton,in Weight Loss / See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Indian Man Grows Four-Inch Horn After Head Injury (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.