Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) (24318 Views)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

The churches went through many bloody persecution s until the time of Emperor Constantine who caused radical changes in Christianity, raising it's position in the empire which made many pagans to join the church. He organized the church as an institution which necessitated the name Roman Catholic Church because it is a confederation of various Christian churches which were in the Roman empire and five metropolitans were created in Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Jerusalem and Antioch. Naturally because Rome was the capital city of the Roman empire the bishop of Rome was the most influential and Pope Leo actually claimed universal authority over all other metropolitan bishops in 444AD. It was from his time that the bishop of Rome started to be addressed as Pope. Infact the popes were appointed by the emperor's until Hildebrand established the college of Cardinals with the power to elect the pope. It is simple to trace the history of Mithraism from Babylon to Rome and from Rome to the Roman church.
When Xerxes in 487Bc conquered Babylon, the priests of Mithraism, the official religion of Babylon moved to Pergamos. When Attalus the Pontiff and King of Pergamos died in 133BC, he bequeathed the headship of the Babylonian religion to Rome, so the Estrucans came to Italy and established the religion and when Rome officially made it a state religion, Julius Caesar was made the Supreme Pontiff in 74Bc and from then Roman emperors were the Supreme Pontiff of the religion until 376AD when Emperor Gratian for Christian reasons refused to take the title and the office, so state religious matters became disorganized. Unfortunately it was Damascus who was then Bishop of Rome who took up the title of the Supreme Pontiff of Rome in 378 AD through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of Babylonian priests. So all the teachings of the Babylonian Mystery religion were officially introduced into the church.
You can make your research dispassionately on these assertions, you can even consult the Catholic encyclopedia for more information. And if you want I can enumerate some of the obvious doctrines of Babylon which are today the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

Lies and lies....

It was not Constantine that named the church, "Roman Catholic". This designation came as a result of the reformation, to distinguish the Catholic Church from the Protestant churches. Every other thing you wrote there are misinformation or they never happened. Learn true history from the source not projections and twisting of facts
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Waylex21 post=88305865]

Lies and lies....

It was not Constantine that named the church, "Roman Catholic". This designation came as a result of the reformation, to distinguish the Catholic Church from the Protestant churches. Every other thing you wrote there are misinformation or they never happened. Learn true history from the source not projections and twisting of facts[/quote
Well I promise you more truths both from history and the Bible, am beginning to believe that you are amongst those whom God is calling out from the Mystery Babylon in Rev 18:4.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

You will see it on the day judgement

You just made my day with your post. So, you don't know that everything you know about Christianity is directly from the Catholic Church? Be educate yourself about the Christian faith, the history of the Bible and the history of the Church.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Johnchyz(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

If the pope is equal to an ageless, timeless and spiritual book, then what's the need referencing it??! You might as well just jettison its use, and simply worship the pope...

THE POPE CAN REVIEW AND SET THE BIBLE ARIGHT. DO YOU KNOW.?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by CuteYvonne777: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2020
saintokwuluora:

The churches went through many bloody persecution s until the time of Emperor Constantine who caused radical changes in Christianity, raising it's position in the empire which made many pagans to join the church. He organized the church as an institution which necessitated the name Roman Catholic Church because it is a confederation of various Christian churches which were in the Roman empire and five metropolitans were created in Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Jerusalem and Antioch. Naturally because Rome was the capital city of the Roman empire the bishop of Rome was the most influential and Pope Leo actually claimed universal authority over all other metropolitan bishops in 444AD. It was from his time that the bishop of Rome started to be addressed as Pope. Infact the popes were appointed by the emperor's until Hildebrand established the college of Cardinals with the power to elect the pope. It is simple to trace the history of Mithraism from Babylon to Rome and from Rome to the Roman church.
When Xerxes in 487Bc conquered Babylon, the priests of Mithraism, the official religion of Babylon moved to Pergamos. When Attalus the Pontiff and King of Pergamos died in 133BC, he bequeathed the headship of the Babylonian religion to Rome, so the Estrucans came to Italy and established the religion and when Rome officially made it a state religion, Julius Caesar was made the Supreme Pontiff in 74Bc and from then Roman emperors were the Supreme Pontiff of the religion until 376AD when Emperor Gratian for Christian reasons refused to take the title and the office, so state religious matters became disorganized. Unfortunately it was Damascus who was then Bishop of Rome who took up the title of the Supreme Pontiff of Rome in 378 AD through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of Babylonian priests. So all the teachings of the Babylonian Mystery religion were officially introduced into the church.
You can make your research dispassionately on these assertions, you can even consult the Catholic encyclopedia for more information. And if you want I can enumerate some of the obvious doctrines of Babylon which are today the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

Lies and lies....

It was not Constantine that named the church, "Roman Catholic". This designation came as a result of the reformation, to distinguish the Catholic Church from the Protestant churches. Every other thing you wrote there are misinformation or they never happened. Learn true history from the source not projections and twisting of facts
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Richimills(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2020
ogbuefi677:

mumuni,what's d difference b/w fasting on some days and eating every other day?
Why are you working so hard to sound foolish on a public forum?
Thanks for the insults..
I'm entitled to my opinion..
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ogbuefi677(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2020
Richimills:

Thanks for the insults..
I'm entitled to my opinion..
You are very much welcome.
After all, you called my church a cult.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Richimills(m): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You are very much welcome.
After all, you called my church a cult.
I'm sorry for my choice of words..
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Waylex21:

You just made my day with your post. So, you don't know that everything you know about Christianity is directly from the Catholic Church? Be educate yourself about the Christian faith, the history of the Bible and the history of the Church.

Christians worship God unlike Catholic pagans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fight At Assemblies Of God Church Kaduna, 20 Injured / Shiloh 2013: Exceeding Grace: Share Your Shiloh Experience Here / Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.