Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,965 members, 7,956,616 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 (71297 Views)

Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position / Taribo West On 2018 World Cup And Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Izigha(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
Whobedatte:

FLO --- Norway

Yeah, stand corrected. Sand it was
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by MariaAngeles: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
Women= weo to men
grin
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by star4ever: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
This one na medicine after death. Why do amebo now?
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by dragunov: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
superamoled:
Konji na bastard! grin

You think that was a joke, you thoughtless fink.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by alibiguy: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
splashbaby:
Taribo was a big culprit during the match...The second goal and third was as a result of poor reaction and positioning...The 3rd goal was even more embarrassing,...Ebbe Sand practically sent Taribo the wrong way with a powerful head flick and slam the ball to bottom of the post...Totally embarrassing. Nigeria underrated the Danish team of that era, forgetting they won the Euro cup in 1995 beating the all mighty German machine team 2 Nill in the final. They were more than a decent team.

Correction:
The EURO CUP was in 1992

I beg to disagree. Taribo's crime was trying to do too much. He joined the attack as frequently as he could hence was remiss in his primary responsibility. It was his first world cup probably that was why. Also, the 'Gentle Giant' didn't offer him much cover.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Rocktation:

Lol..Too much effizy...

If you recall, and yet you have the record of the team's games.

Best to have evidence to back up any assertion one makes.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by alibiguy: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Taribo has just confirmed the rumours that filtered back home about the indiscipline in the Eagles camp at France 98. I remember a newspaper report that read that Pele sent two of our players, who were in the bar of their hotel at midnight, to their rooms. After learning of this, I switched off to safeguard my emotions and I wasn't disappointed. The Denmark captain, Michael Laudrup, then told Nigeria to learn to count one before four after the game.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by xeju: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
oshozondii:

https://punchng.com/eagles-slept-with-women-at-france-98-taribo/
takeaways from that match (1) okocha is one of the most useless players Nigeria has ever had (2) darkness will definitely overcome light (3) power tussle and nepotism becoming prevalent in the squad (4) allowance issue (5) Nigerians swear for that squad (6) one of the most shameful matches in the history of Nigeria football (6) etc...
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Legendguru: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
really

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by jaxxy(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lack of discipline.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by alibiguy: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Whobedatte:
Denmark has Micheal Laudrup an European heavyweight in that midfield.
He gave Ebbie sand that kilee pass and sand wasted no time in sending Taribo to the cleaners.
Celestine consolation goal was a beauty to behold sha

It was Tijani Babangida that scored.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by pat077: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
ideabuilder:
Now I know why Taribo fought Keshi blow for blow on the pitch that day
keshi didn't play for Nigeria @ the world Cup in 1998.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by alibiguy: 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Izigha:

I know all this na talk. Micheal Laudrup was easily the best midfielder in Europe at the time. They also have that tall/long guy up front. Flo?
Nigeria was all skills while Denmark was technical, and clinical in front of goal not playing to the gallery.
A more technical team will win a skillful team in modern football.

Michael Laudrup was good, no doubt, but it was the indiscipline in the team that cost us the game. Remember that Denmark couldn't beat South Africa in the group stage. The match ended 1:1.

Tore Andre Flo is Norwegian.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by AreaFada2: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
madridguy:
I cannot forget that night wey Denmark take us shine grin After load of goals, Okocha come start to dey dribble and exhibit many skills.
Not far from the truth. That group was very indesciplined and divided.
Between the group that won Olympic gold in 96 and those who didn't win.

It was also a chaotic time politically and in NFA.

Abacha just died recently. It affected people like Amokachi personally. For those who knew or still remember their relationship.

Anyone who saw the demeanor of the players where they lodged knew things were not in order. I did.

Denmark who originally didn't even quality for Euro 92 but for Yugoslavia war that broke out, defeated then star studded World Champions Germany in the final. So they needed no introduction.

You cannot sap your energy on the night before playing those tall, energetic Nordic people.

1 Like

Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Janosky: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
With all the talent and skills they possess, no African team can win the world cup because of issues such as these- indiscipline on the pitch and off the pitch, lack of focus ( Teranga Lions went clubbing after the 2nd round victory over sweden in the 2002 world cup & lost their next match to Turkey), poor tactics etc...
Aunty covid19 done put anxiety everywhere, make all man confess their iniquity...
There was too much politics in that France 98 Super Eagles team..
The first match against Spain showed what they could have achieved if they were focused.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by fafambo: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
madridguy:
I cannot forget that night wey Denmark take us shine grin After load of goals, Okocha come start to dey dribble and exhibit many skills.
taribo west should have use style tell us how that Denmark player called SAND take use head dribble the hell out of him.infact he was the man of the match.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by openmine(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
What's up with all these revelations during this lock down period?
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by feedthenation(m): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
That football match was very painful to watch on tv
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by femi4: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
ideabuilder:
Keshi wasn't in France 98
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by femi4: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Izigha:

I know all this na talk. Micheal Laudrup was easily the best midfielder in Europe at the time. They also have that tall/long guy up front. Flo?
Nigeria was all skills while Denmark was technical, and clinical in front of goal not playing to the gallery.
A more technical team will win a skillful team in modern football.
Flo is from Norway not Denmark
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by damwaves: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
Story for the fools. After how many years?
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Ebi89(f): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Olatunji110:
Any1 shld try to help out even if it's to eat pls, Gtb. 01.244613,99 Abuba k,ar Abdul. Rah,man u wil never. Beg to eat in ur entire lifetime amen..
Why do I keep seeing this post on every thread with different moniker. It looks suspicious.
Use the money u use to buy data to buy garri and sip
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by MrBONE2(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2020

Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by therajah: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
This is not news noow...we knew that!
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by AndSunGorilla: 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
ideabuilder:

Keshi that had retired from the national team since 1994. Na wa for wetin u remember o.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by DeeMain(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
xeju:

takeaways from that match (1) okocha is one of the most useless players Nigeria has ever had (2) darkness will definitely overcome light (3) power tussle and nepotism becoming prevalent in the squad (4) allowance issue (5) Nigerians swear for that squad (6) one of the most shameful matches in the history of Nigeria football (6) etc...
v

Just shut up. Okocha was our best player on that pitch that day. Taribo may be right. There was no cohesion or energy from our team. Taribo seemed angry and frustrated the entire game.
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naija too like fûck ehn grin even me I like fûck die grin
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by suremanpatriot: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
angry why are tellin us now after 22years? somethin we already knew
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Taribo West don't have balls. Why didn't open on that night and have to wait after how many years. Audio!!
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by kunlero111: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
I hardly remember Super Eagle's matches but this one... I remember vividly. Those Danish guys treated us like pikin. I always knew something went wrong....as young as I was....I hated the word "Denmark" for so long because of that match...Chai!
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by poweredcom(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
Baba self don de bang olosho since den oo
Re: Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 by Donpaper: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
That match pained eh!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / Manchester United Will Pay Odion Ighalo £10.5m To Keep Him Until January / #WorldCup: Alisson Becker, Brazil’s Goalkeeper Goes Viral (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.