Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,705 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband (70104 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by imanray37(m): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2020
seedorfg:
Why kill yourself lady.

I've been living hungry for a couple of days, begging on nairaland for help, I never see any helper, yet am still optimistic for a better day ahead. Why take the life you can't give.
Life's unfair, but we will scale through. Help me guys, never thought of this in my life.

For those abusing me of buying data to browse, hope you've heard of Airtel and Mtn freemode before. Don't just judge and make a conclusion of what you don't have clue about.

Gracias ...
true true your begging don go nuclear even your grammar shows you are an educated begger that knows his/her onions
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Missmossy(f): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2020
Such a disheartening news embarassed

All these abroad men nawa oo undecided if you both can’t stay in Nigeria together then there shouldn’t be a marriage at all now see...

Depression kills faster than anything.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Kokaine(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2020
Josephnice:
She is a nonentity and same time very selfish. She agreed the children are her life and went ahead to commit suicide leaving them behind to suffer. What will happen to her if she walk out of the marriage and live for her children?
this poverty of a thing ehn. Women will just remain because the man is their source of income. That's why women should always try to engage themselves such that they can choose to walk away when the heat is much
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2020
Rest on young woman till your creator will ask you what happened to you
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by yvelchstores(f): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2020
This is the result of the woman bearing all the responsibilities of raising children and keeping the home while the man will still be where he is accusing her of infidelity when she is already exhausted with motherhood. He must have called her family and friends too, saying all sorts against her. It's his insecurities that has ended the woman.
She would have done something to manage her emotions, instead of killing herself. If she didnt have a job, she would have occupied herself with church activities. Rip to the dead.

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2020
Cmanforall:

They do give signs. The fact is that mental health in Nigeria is not been taken seriously. And there is a type of stigma attached to it. However, people should endeavour to visit psychologists when they feel things aren't normal in their lives. If you can't find one, then visit your doctor. A visit to a hospital mustn't be due to fever or physical injuries, psychological help can also be sourced from there.

You obviously haven't seen depressed people who go around like everything is perfect. Who better to notice any sign than their family and loved ones? Yet they often say they never knew it could happen. But you are right. Mental health is still a joke here and a lot of stigma is attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by bonnyhope: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2020
Josephnice:
She is a nonentity and same time very selfish. She agreed the children are her life and went ahead to commit suicide leaving them behind to suffer. What will happen to her if she walk out of the marriage and live for her children?

Most people are always concern about what people/society would say about their lives. From all indications the hubby has been dribbling her leaving her alone with children upkeep and probably her family/relatives are not ready to help and may not even in support of their union at the onset.
Ladies should dig very deep b4 agreeing to union. All that glitter is not Gold. Not everyone in abroad is financially stable or honest.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by JayPeeOham: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2020
So who killed the woman?

1). The Husband
2). The Lies
3). The Pressure
4). Sniper
5). Herself

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Vyolet(f): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2020
I'm sorry for her kids.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by bonnyhope: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Chi59:

It is still you guys that will shame her at every turn for leaving a failed marriage. Is it not how you drag divorcees like Toke Makinwa and single mothers on this forum?

The mentioned personality is very irresponsible

Don't compare her with other single mothers
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Fabulously001(f): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Taking your life wasnt the best option cos staying alive and take care of your children is better than everlasting suffering in hell.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Spoiler0652: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2020
call Me 08146870109
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Usorohtheman(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2020
I was feeling suicidal and I told my dad...
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Gilbus1(m): 11:37am On Apr 11, 2020
Sniper has killed more people in Nigeria than the mosquitoes and roaches its originally meant to kill. This people want to run down the company producing sniper...
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2020
bonnyhope:

The mentioned personality is very irresponsible

Don't compare her with other single mothers
Who made you an authority on others morality? To start with, are you even a moral compass?

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Amhappy(f): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2020
In this Covid 19 we are all praying for survival she took her life. Mystery
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by ursullalinda(f): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Love for my kids would never make me contemplate suicide.. 2years ago I was swindled of over 12m.. I kept thinking the opportunity cost of this hard earned money.. With time,my blood pressure rose and I started having palpitations and heart pain.. When I noticed this,..I stopped thinking about the money,stopped making efforts to recover it...which I was even spending more money.

I just woke up amidst one fitful sleep,thumped myself on the head after looking at my beautiful kids. If I kill myself over some lost money,who will take care and give them the best life they deserve...who will look after my beautiful wife and even my aged parents.. That's how I swallowed that bitter pill,picked up from scratch ,gained focus and resolved all my health probs

How can u claim to love people and yet have a mind to remove yourself permanently from them??

Watch how the man will marry again and those kids be treated as second class..

So so sorry for your loss.......God will multiply all you lost for accepting the failure and moving on to a greater success.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Amhappy(f): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2020
bonnyhope:

Most people are always concern about what people/society would say about their lives. From all indications the hubby has been dribbling her leaving her alone with children upkeep and probably her family/relatives are not ready to help and may not even in support of their union at the onset.
Ladies should dig very deep b4 agreeing to union. All that glitter is not Gold. Not everyone in abroad is financially stable or honest.

This is actually my thought. But last last,swallow your pride,go back to your family,they will chastise you but will help you.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by PreetyAngel4U: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2020
Why did she kill herself? Why?
Every one seems to wonder.

Maybe any of these could be the reason.

She is a married woman and society expects her husband to carter for and so does she.

Why is she living alone with a 3months old baby and a 3year old without assistance? No relative, no house help just her and the kids. She has to breastfeed which saps energy and then care for the other child and then take care of herself. Its just too much job for one person. Even if she has money. Don't tell me people have been doing it. Even when people are around, taking care of a baby is not the easiest of things. Exhaustion is enough to make her kill herself.

Did they tie her leg? Some1 asked.
Yes her legs are tied. She was married. She's supposed to be a super woman. Responsible in every aspect. Clean, wash cook, feed the kids etc by herself. When she wants to rest, go and work, do a business etc she can't cos who is there to help her care for her kids.

Women without kids you can talk now, but when you get yours, you'll understand. Men, you can blame her cause you don't know how it feels. Some of you would get exhausted with caring for just 1 child for a day. When next you are asked, no one would tell you to make excuses.

If you are a married/single woman with at least one child, tell me if you lived alone without assistance from either a husband, mum or other relatives or a house help.

I'm not saying she is justified. She should have gone to her/his people, but maybe she could not because of the lockdown. Interstate travel ban.

Who knows is she just used her last money home and abroad to buy that water.

Please lets check on our loved ones. Its our responsibility. Understand when those close to you are trying to pass a message. She even hinted the husband and he didn't see any reason to come to her aid? Now he's shouting 'what'? What did he tell her when she complained? Even the sister.

Every1 has a breaking point. Me i sha won't kill myself. I must find a solution to my problem. Nobody should bother telling me to do anything that my power cannot carry because I won't do it.

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Dearlord(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2020
This attitude of hers makes me to wonder if we really got graduates in Nigeria.
she's in love with money not her marriage nor her children.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Mightyhaiz: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2020
ursullalinda:

So so sorry for your loss.......God will multiply all you lost for accepting the failure and moving on to a greater success.
This is Heartening,...! Thank you so much!
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2020
StarUp:
Sniper... Killing people since 2013.

That picture is like an advert. If you could take it down pls do. Some people might just sight that bottle and start thinking the same thing. Thanks!
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by carpdiemz: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Love for my kids would never make me contemplate suicide.. 2years ago I was swindled of over 12m.. I kept thinking the opportunity cost of this hard earned money.. With time,my blood pressure rose and I started having palpitations and heart pain.. When I noticed this,..I stopped thinking about the money,stopped making efforts to recover it...which I was even spending more money.

I just woke up amidst one fitful sleep,thumped myself on the head after looking at my beautiful kids. If I kill myself over some lost money,who will take care and give them the best life they deserve...who will look after my beautiful wife and even my aged parents.. That's how I swallowed that bitter pill,picked up from scratch ,gained focus and resolved all my health probs

How can u claim to love people and yet have a mind to remove yourself permanently from them??

Watch how the man will marry again and those kids be treated as second class..

I love your courage have once had heart pain before and I resolved at eating ginger cuz of some trauma too but I later realized I have to stop worrying about the source of my chest and heart pain , the woman is a coward, she’s tired of the task to care for the kids why did she gave birth or marry when she knows she can’t face the challenges of life so sad for the kids
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by obicmag(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2020
I have said it before and i must continue to say it. Is time govt ban the production, distribution and sell of sniper. Sniper is a cheap and easy way to death. Adults and underage can easily lay their hands on it.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Dearlord(m): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2020
As stupid as she was, she couldn't even state the exact thing/pressure that she underwent before she took her life, so sad she went below with the secrets.
history won't be nice at her.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by Vulcan24(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2020
Nigerians die like flies from poor healthcare system and poor everything.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by mu2sa2: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
patriotic007:
?OK just 3 questions
1)why haven't we seen the clip of a single covid patient on ICU bed in Nigeria.
2)why hasn't any renowned medical personnel briefed Nigerians on what they are going through and what is happening.
3)why no pics of the dead been taken away in body bags like we see on CNN
Una dey deceive una self
You are part of "una" and therefore also deceiving yourself.
Re: Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband by sylve11: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Islie:

“Gerald please forgive me. Andre please forgive me. You guys are my life,” she wrote to her children.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/10/nursing-mother-commits-suicide-over-alleged-pressure-from-husband/

This part touched me.. sad cool

Journey well Esther. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Male Nurse Takes Delivery Of Baby With Cord Around The Neck In Keke Napep (Pics) / Newborn Baby Grabs Doctor's Shirt And Refuses To Let Go Seconds After Birth (Pic / Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.