Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) (137502 Views)

Two South African Policemen Caught With Looted Goods In Their Cars. / President Trump Pledges Orderly Transition On January 20 / Photos Of Over 500,000 Residents Fleeing Wild Fire Orderly In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by favour32(m): 3:28am On Apr 12, 2020
MJBOLT:
correct me if i am wrong but no law enforcement agents forced these people to be orderly undecided

this one no fit happen for naija,fight go don start since
When we dey talk say advance country,we nor put water for mouth talk am.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by wiseoneking: 3:34am On Apr 12, 2020
Shibaraba:
Sweet country
I have a proposition. I suggest the federal government should, instead of wasting money in the name of nysc for youths, make them dey send every youth go America or Europe for at least three months after school so we go see as people dey live over there. See organisation na. See love. See order . See peace. See equality . Everybody comport. That is a country that works.

If this were to be naija, fight go Don happen since na. See that woman dey wave after she Don drop food. For here she go Don turn Jesus Christ. Dey shout line up, line up. People go dey even bribe them to collect aid. That one na if dem mc oluomo wannabees never carry bottle scatter the whole place.Different headline the next day Explorers headline go read
Foodbank turns blood bank as touts clash in abule egba
Pm express headline
50 killed as food sharing turns blow sharing
Igberetv headline
Man divorces wife in ejigbo as he discovers that she slept with officials before food was handed out.
Cyriacius izuekwe headline
Horror as bloodbath reigns in mushin over food
Autojosh headline
How to care for you car while queueing to access foodaid
And our resident asslicker headline Alex reports
Regina Daniels poses with recipients of food aid in abakaliki

By the way,that last picture, I fit bet my blokos na our sisters those hanty be. One back Pikin another just relax. By the way if you no get any of those wrapper for house you're not a Nigerian
You killed me with laughter
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by linnyx: 3:35am On Apr 12, 2020
Basher8583:

Those People you see volunteering Al from personal donations from private individuals and muslim churches it is not government sponsored.

If Nigerian churches, mosque and all those entertainment idiots that call themselves billionaires online can come together to perform this Noble act it will go a long way.

But as usual, they always fail the acid test

My guy forget these things you are typing here o. Most of these people and organisations you are listing here have their stories to tell. The churches and mosques you are quoting here provide their own electricity, security, water, all the basic necessities they provide for themselves so please cut them some slack.

The entertainment people you are mentioning here what encouragements have they gotten? Many of them had to go through hell to get to where they are today now you want them to be doing charity for who?

No social insurance, the ones they say they are sharing who are they sharing it to? Boys in Ogun and Lagos are busy disturbing the whole place because they are hungry and you are here trying to justice what I don't know.

Guy... Make I just respect you and myself

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by sharone21(f): 3:46am On Apr 12, 2020
E no go better for China.......If na here, these ones will not get anything as they will be called rich people.....numerous Nigerians till date are still waiting for the promised food and cash by government.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Hoodbilonia: 4:08am On Apr 12, 2020
The end iz here
A whole usa
God blow your trumpet abeg

That drake house wey una post yesterday
He use am shoot him new video. Tossie slide
Wey he wear nike pro combat face mask

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Akiefap1(m): 4:10am On Apr 12, 2020
So... Organized!!

God help us all. This pandemic influenza should flee
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:20am On Apr 12, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Explorer's hatred for Nigeria is epic, maybe he's an IPOB

Lol..
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by toprealman: 4:33am On Apr 12, 2020
When people were stacking food items and essentials, they were seen as stupid.....now this.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by 9jaRealist: 4:33am On Apr 12, 2020
linnyx:
The taxes that my grandparents paid, my parents paid, the one I've been paying what have they done with them? Do you know how much the country makes from taxes, levies, duties and other statutory payments,

Do you need me to... I say I no wan talk but you wan drag me out. Abegiii...

Perhaps your grandparents and parents should go ask for free food then... grin grin grin
But if you are dodging paying taxes, you should not expect the government to give you free food paid for with my tax Naira.

In the US, they say that the only certainty in life is death and taxes (and of course the US taxes its citizens on their worldwide income, so Americans in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world still pay US taxes). Meanwhile, in Nigeria, if we are brutally honest with ourselves, we would acknowledge that only Nigerians under the PAYE payroll or other withholding tax regime dutifully (even if reluctantly) pay their taxes timely and in full.

Taxes are the obligation of citizenship (or residency). It is what gives you a voice and the moral right to make financial demands on government. In other words, it is the financial part of that vaunted social contract between the government and the governed. Unfortunately, in Nigeria, the oil windfall (that until relatively recently was produced by foreigners) has caused the government to become un-accountable to the citizenry since it does not rely on tax revenue paid by citizens, and has similarly caused the citizens to demand public services without bothering to pay for it.

Frankly, Nigerian tax dodgers are just as societally immoral as the government they criticize. Furthermore, they are effectively “stealing” from those of us who pay taxes whenever they access public services paid for by our taxes.
>

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by googi: 4:37am On Apr 12, 2020
One country?

Many countries. Do Google search.

Even if you are right, I thought all Americans are millionaires and billionaires.

If you are looking for a country of law and order, go find out about Operation WAI. Better still korokoro in China or Russia.

If you are looking for chaos, go find out about New York Blackout of 1977!

DexterousOne:

Tell me one country that most of its people are not living paychecks to paycheck

Small lockdown in Nigeria
Everything has fallen apart

If the informal economy is closed for just one week in Lagos alone
Not even Nigeria

The economy will collapse
And people will die of hunger

If that hawker does not hawk for a week
Or that market woman
If that agbero does not collect money from the bus stop.
Or the aboki selling carrot at mile 12

Hunger will be unprecedented

This global economic order sef
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by madjune(m): 4:40am On Apr 12, 2020
This is a good season and platform for drug traffickers to move product.

If you know...
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Blankstare(m): 4:41am On Apr 12, 2020
MJBOLT:
correct me if i am wrong but no law enforcement agents forced these people to be orderly undecided

this one no fit happen for naija,fight go don start since

Instinctively, they all know it will make faster and precise if they do so. They are more higher beings.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Ladycewhy(f): 4:58am On Apr 12, 2020
slowice:
Some foolish sabi sabi Nigerians said people that own android phone re not needy so shouldn't ask for help but in America people who own camaro and f150 are queueing for food....
that's because most of those cars are gotten via car loans. You necessarily don't have a to rich to be able to get a car in America so long as you have a means to pay back the loan even if it's for 50 years .
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Jabioro: 5:20am On Apr 12, 2020
No controversial analysis over the distribution,no cumbersome over the who supposed to have it or not..here is a reverse...I wept for this nation.I have go bed empty stomach last night..the stock is down..See a country!
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by AutoshalomUSA: 5:27am On Apr 12, 2020
SHUT UP FOOL !

segebase:
See beta country .....dem suppose recolonize Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by mbhs139(m): 5:31am On Apr 12, 2020
When I tell people that America is a very poor country they won't believe me. We don't que up like this in Ontario Canada to receive handout of food item. We get money deposited into our account, Canadian Emergency Response Bailout-CERB, Employment Insurance - EI, through direct deposit, 2k per month, and you go buy whatever you want.

In addition, the Canadian Child Benefit - was increased by 300CAD per child, while GST-General Sales Tax was increased by 600CAD for couples and 400CAD for singles.

You see what I'm saying.

Food banks no even see person come collect food. They've been advertising for people to come forward.

There's also Association of Nigerians in Mississauga. They too have been calling on Nigerians to reach out to them if they need assistance. I told my wife we don't need it. Let those that actually need it go for it.

That's the mentality here- live and let's live.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by vineyardfarms: 5:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Explorers:
Food bank volunteer Heather Martinez says goodbye to a family after filling their car with pantry items.

The line of cars extended outside the parking lot and into the street in San Antonio.
0 The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and the Oversight Commetee can learn from this practical demostration on destribution of reliefs to living human beings and not ghost as it's done here in nigeria. Nigerians are getting reliefs through media propagander sharing imaginary reliefs while REAL HUMANS are DIEING OF HUNGER. ONE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE BAKERE'S, SOYINKA'S AND THE LIKE TO SPEAK UP. WHERE ARE THE GEJ HATERS
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Pat081: 5:38am On Apr 12, 2020
Hmmm 9ja will nt do this do u see d so call rice giving to people 2eat ??they can nt cook it for d dogs to eat it
hopeforcharles:
I am thinking will there be food shortage in America? With This way they are responsive and organized.
Since Nigeria always copy from them let's copy this one too
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by akcliff(m): 5:51am On Apr 12, 2020
U re very funny
Shibaraba:
Sweet country
I have a proposition. I suggest the federal government should, instead of wasting money in the name of nysc for youths, make them dey send every youth go America or Europe for at least three months after school so we go see as people dey live over there. See organisation na. See love. See order . See peace. See equality . Everybody comport. That is a country that works.

If this were to be naija, fight go Don happen since na. See that woman dey wave after she Don drop food. For here she go Don turn Jesus Christ. Dey shout line up, line up. People go dey even bribe them to collect aid. That one na if dem mc oluomo wannabees never carry bottle scatter the whole place.Different headline the next day Explorers headline go read
Foodbank turns blood bank as touts clash in abule egba
Pm express headline
50 killed as food sharing turns blow sharing
Igberetv headline
Man divorces wife in ejigbo as he discovers that she slept with officials before food was handed out.
Cyriacius izuekwe headline
Horror as bloodbath reigns in mushin over food
Autojosh headline
How to care for you car while queueing to access foodaid
And our resident asslicker headline Alex reports
Regina Daniels poses with recipients of food aid in abakaliki

By the way,that last picture, I fit bet my blokos na our sisters those hanty be. One back Pikin another just relax. By the way if you no get any of those wrapper for house you're not a Nigerian
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by donjoesbry(m): 5:53am On Apr 12, 2020
Yustash001:
This not feasible in Nigeria where you be on the queue for more than an hour and someone would come from nowhere and want to enter the line in the front..

Happy Easter to all.. Jesus is alive
What an amazing worship to listen to at this time. I was super blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTkXRZ1Yig
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by awoluyi(m): 6:06am On Apr 12, 2020
This is the time the politicians are expected to distribute Pomo, Gala, Pure water, one bag of 50kg rice for 20 families and N200.
Somebody said what they (politicians) gave to the hungry voters in 2019 is enough till 2023!
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by SkinnyNigga: 6:20am On Apr 12, 2020
Lekan239:
This is the first time In years my family will go to bed without eating dinner. Not because we are fasting, but because there's nothing to eat. I was so ashamed today standing before my Darling mom who is just recuperating from an illness which nearly took her life and now she can't even get just a square meal, I can't even look the eyes of my youngest siblings again. All I could just think of is as the eldest son of the family it's my responsibility to provide for them and keep them save. I'm just hoping dey call of this lockdown soon because, I can't take this anymore it's becoming unbearable
you opened a new monicker , you already started begging.. beg with your real monicker. let's know you are serious
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Trimque2k1(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Explorers:
The San Antonio Food Bank distributed one million pounds of food to roughly 6,000 families in a single day as millions across the country turn to charity organizations to avoid going hungry amid coronavirus lockdowns.

Stunning aerial photos show thousands of cars lined up at Trader's Village in San Antonio, Texas, during the massive food distribution event on Thursday.

People are seen standing on their cars as they waited in line for hours to get their hands on food and other essentials.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8207245/Six-THOUSAND-families-line-cars-hours-food-bank-San-Antonio.html

Only d military can make this kind of orderly and arrangement happen in some part of the world were my father is supposedly from...
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by yommen: 6:29am On Apr 12, 2020
Explorers:
Helpers Alisa Alonzo (left) and Jennifer Byrnes (right) gather bags of split peas to load into cars at Traders Village.

The San Antonio Food Bank said it distributed one million pounds of food over the course of the day.

Each family left with enough food to fill two grocery carts, intended to last them the rest of the month.

Food bank staff wore masks and gloves as they distributed boxes into waiting cars.

That means food for the whole families for the next 20 days. My country is giving out quantity of rice that cannot even feed those family on one square meal.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 12, 2020
This is a lesson that there are so many hungry persons in USA and they vulnerability of soon to collapse world power of USA.
Opulence displayed in TV, magazines both online and off line of USA are charades. Most are living on borrow and display.
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by slowice(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2020
Ladycewhy:
that's because most of those cars are gotten via car loans. You necessarily don't have a to rich to be able to get a car in America so long as you have a means to pay back the loan even if it's for 50 years .

"because? Does it mean that Nigerians that can afford android phones re richer or ve better means than average Americans? You should read to understand before quoting me
Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Olamigenius(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2020
People wey get Benz sef go, this is Hilarious ���

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!! / Kim Yo-Jong, Jong-Un's Sister To Lead North Korea If He Dies / Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.