Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 (51991 Views)

Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 / Oyetola: Osun May Extend COVID-19 Lockdown / Buhari May Extend 'private Visit' To London For Health Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Luckydubby7(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2020
If they want to lockdown let them do.
We all dey inside, government, citizens, rich , poor, Healthy, unhealthy we dey inside together.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Sultty(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2020
morikee:
Major General President Muhammadu Buhari, do as you pleased.
Terrorist wetin Hustlers go chop? U

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by unitysheart(m): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313413:
We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
But in our darling nation, the last 2 presidents and their cronies looted our national treasury dry and out.
The Excess Crude Account was looted dry.
Foreign reserves drawn down.
Federation Account, emptied.
And the economy was set on an irreversible path to recession.

And they say; don't talk about it.
Focus on the present and the future only.
How we miss Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. He would have said: "I go shout o, I go shout plenty o."
If we don't focus on the past, we are then liable to make the same mistakes.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana).
Truth is bitter.
There was a country!
We will survive this deadly virus.
We will win this war.
We Rise!

Obama and Bush
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Apr 11, 2020
bakynes3:
The best the govt can do is too relax the lock down and ensure strict compliance when it comes to washing of hands, Hand Sanitizers, Social distancing, nose mask and hand gloves. Police road blocks should be on the road to check compliance. Everyone must only be out between 8 am to 6pm so the law enforcement can do their work properly . I bet you Nigeria cannot afford nor sustain food palliatives or cash incentives for people in this country many will die of other illnesses and Hunger as well.

This right here is a good idea. Some money can be made within the period but I believe schools and large congregations should remain under lockdown.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by TerryMcGinis(m): 7:41am On Apr 11, 2020
See the lifeless one in the middle
..LMAO picture keeps cracking me up... Is this a movie poster or what?.useless animals.

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by TAYO124: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2020
The end of Buhari government maybe insight, if he extends the fake lockdown, people continue to go hungry then become angry, angry enough to attack vehicles/trailers from the North that are moving freely and the security officers restraining movement. Then finally the federal lawmakers in their various constituencies.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Slurity(m): 7:41am On Apr 11, 2020
kikero:

It is very easy to think that it is a scam...especially when we have 305 cases in a population of 200million people.

Assuming all the cases were in a city like Lagos, which has 20million people, you can go about your daily activity and never meet a covid19 patient.

That's why it is easy to believe it is a scam.

Then your knowledge is small about how infectious disease like virus spreads. We are in a very delicate situation if ve just 1 case.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by kem80679: 7:42am On Apr 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Sergioaguero: 7:42am On Apr 11, 2020
Buy A - Z Practical Complete Catfish Farming ebook for N1000.

Also buy;

New Button Caliberation Digital pH meter, Multipurpose Extendable Digital Temperature meter for you catfish pond water management and control. Organic Soap and cream making, water treatment, Solar Engineer for Lithium Battery acid testing, Food manufacturing company, Cold room, Geologist, wine making, school laboratoring, swiming pool water treatment, beverages companies etc

Whatsapp / Call: 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by ignis: 7:42am On Apr 11, 2020
Hunger is more dangerous than Corona Virus.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Let's ask ourselves a question. If it were, say, USA, that had 305 cases total while 799 people died in Lagos in a single day, will they shut down their economy? The answer of course is NO! Why? Because they have the health facility to face a spike in cases. THEREFORE, Nigeria should direct almost ALL our resources towards upgrading our healthcare facility. We have now all seen what having inadequate health facility is costing us - penny wise , pound foolish.
We should partially open up the country under stringent requirements, direct all our resources towards upgrading healthcare, treat those who succumb, bury those who die, monitor things closely and if we see a spike, go back to lockdown.

When the US was at 305 cases, they kept things open, Trump was saying everything was under control, flights and ships kept on coming in, and business kept on moving

The result: US has 504,780 cases with 18,763 deaths.

You want Nigeria to reach that level?? With our critically bad health care system?

Doesn't mean your points are wrong though, but the alternative is equally horrifying.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Junkelie: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2020
China has arrived, cases now rise.....
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by IamMichael(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Let's ask ourselves a question. If it were, say, USA, that had 305 cases total while 799 people died in Lagos in a single day, will they shut down their economy? The answer of course is NO! Why? Because they have the health facility to face a spike in cases. THEREFORE, Nigeria should direct almost ALL our resources towards upgrading our healthcare facility. We have now all seen what having inadequate health facility is costing us - penny wise , pound foolish.
We should partially open up the country under stringent requirements, direct all our resources towards upgrading healthcare, treat those who succumb, bury those who die, monitor things closely and if we see a spike, go back to lockdown.
If this is your solution, then truly whoever you are leading is doomed.
It's like you are living in Pluto!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by DRSEGUNBABA: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
it’s too late to update our health facilities now, they should have built it years back but instead they all flew to England and America for health care. Also we the people kept silent.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2020
Slurity:
Then your knowledge is small about how infectious disease like virus spreads. We are in a very delicate situation if ve just 1 case.

Not exactly, I'm just saying that if you just have 300 cases of a disease in a city of 20 million people, you probably won't meet anyone with the illness

The risk of coming in contact with a sick person is still there tho.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by MrBlock: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Evil beckons cry

Why are they still hungry when the woman carries food on her head? lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by hilaryCU(m): 7:46am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313413:
We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
But in our darling nation, the last 2 presidents and their cronies looted our national treasury dry and out.
The Excess Crude Account was looted dry.
Foreign reserves drawn down.
Federation Account, emptied.
And the economy was set on an irreversible path to recession.

And they say; don't talk about it.
Focus on the present and the future only.
How we miss Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. He would have said: "I go shout o, I go shout plenty o."
If we don't focus on the past, we are then liable to make the same mistakes.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana).
Truth is bitter.
There was a country!
We will survive this deadly virus.
We will win this war.
We Rise!

You're a big fool. No excuses in leadership, if he can't do it, let him get his ass off
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Prayer66: 7:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Kobicove(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2020
abumeinben:
Radio cases.

Who are those dying so we can confirm from their loved ones?

There's a grand plan, I tell ya!

Grand plan by whom?

Please keep quite if you don't have anything sensible to say!
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by jericco1(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2020
It's gonna be extended obviously undecided
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Maj196(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2020
The lock down has directly increased the influx of e-begging on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by bakynes3: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2020
kikero:

Good idea..

But the problem is, one cannot, for example, force everyone to observe the sane measures you have outlined all the time. And there is every likelihood the SARS CoV2 will spread and get out of hand...

And our health care system will get really overwhelmed.
The truth is that the world right now is between the Devil and the deep blue sea. The world cannot simply continue to stay at home. Economies with collapse and when govts run out of money to give as palliatives to their citizens to stay at home, uncontrollable crime and hunger will then set in. As we speak, the US are now doing testing for its citizens on the road. The govt needs to increase its testing capacity and test as many people as possible. Danfo should be cancelled in Lagos for now, the BRTs should disinfect regularly and adhere to all those preventive measures. I am safe in my private Car to work if i maintain social distancing and other measures. The world can simply not stay at home forever.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by guru90: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Our brainless leaders invited Chinese in our country while other countries rejected them.

The cases will keep on increasing.

Nonsense
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by nsiba: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Slurity:
MY SORRY GOES TO THE FOOLS THAT STILL THINK THE PANDEMIC IS A SCAM. WE HAVE TOO MUCH ILLITERATE IN NIGERIA. SPIT...
It is no scam but corona na boys scout to malaria and typhoid
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by kem89363: 7:50am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by andyanders: 7:50am On Apr 11, 2020
'The team will be taken care of by the government' that will be their reason for the extension as government has no plan for the common man. Nobody that I know that have recieved any form of paliative from the government. It's painful., when there is no alternative for the poor, while the rich has more than enough to keep their families for over 10 yrs at home if the lockdown continues.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Slurity(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2020
kikero:

Not exactly, I'm just saying that if you just have 300 cases of a disease in a city of 20 million people, you probably won't meet anyone with the illness

The risk of coming in contact with a sick person is still there tho.
even if it is 0.0001% chance of coming in contact with one victim that is still too much. You probably don't understand how deadly the virus is
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Saidfx(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2020
heed101:
They should please look for method that will not interfere with business activities. I am envisaging a lot of job loss as a result of these extension.

Bro, job loss is imminent. Even before job loss nko? Nah like no job with few jobs out there and f**** pay. A system that don't depend on the government is not a system. I use to say it before now. Living in this shithole is like living in a casket waiting to be buried. No war No remedy. Soldier no fit kill us finish. Peace!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2020
bakynes3:

The truth is that the world right now is between the Devil and the deep blue sea. The world cannot simply continue to stay at home. Economies with collapse and when govts run out of money to give as palliatives to their citizens to stay at home, uncontrollable crime and hunger will then set in. As we speak, the US are now doing testing for its citizens on the road. The govt needs to increase its testing capacity and test as many people as possible. Danfo should be cancelled in Lagos for now, the BRTs should disinfect regularly and adhere to all those preventive measures. I am safe in my private Car to work if i maintain social distancing and other measures. The world can simply not stay at home forever.

Politicians around the world are taking such measures because if someone dies of COVID19 under loosened measures, all it takes is his or her relatives screaming 'The government let my relation die by not taking strict measures'...which can cause enough anger to lose elections...among other things.

The economic crisis too is a threat , but someone dying packs a powerful emotional punch.

As you said, we are between the devil and the deep blue sea.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ongoing Construction Work At Yaba Bus-stop (PHOTOS) / Body Of Hadiza, Sule Lamido's Daughter Arrives Nigeria For Burial / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyesia's Corpse And Casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.