Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 (51996 Views)

Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 / Oyetola: Osun May Extend COVID-19 Lockdown / Buhari May Extend 'private Visit' To London For Health Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by IsraelSongz: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2020
Naanlong01:
Does anyone know why President Buhari doesn't wear a nose mask?

He's always indoor and those coming in wear masks already...with a safe distance.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by ahmedyoung: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2020
Is it possible I travel to abuja from osun
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Macphenson: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313413:
We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton Bush that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
But in our darling nation, the last 2 presidents and their cronies looted our national treasury dry and out.
The Excess Crude Account was looted dry.
Foreign reserves drawn down.
Federation Account, emptied.
And the economy was set on an irreversible path to recession.

And they say; don't talk about it.
Focus on the present and the future only.
How we miss Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. He would have said: "I go shout o, I go shout plenty o."
If we don't focus on the past, we are then liable to make the same mistakes.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana).
Truth is bitter.
There was a country!
We will survive this deadly virus.
Together We will win this war.
We Rise!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Imo State......

We have been all around doing our best to fight against this Coronavirus issue Chief Segliz.
Some of us @[color=#006600][/color] joined a voluntary first responder group against Covid-19 with LASG and Nigeria as a whole.
It was tough, but we will keep going.
We will win this war as a nation.

Stay safe bro.
God gat us all.
Miss you guys, you and Timekeeper especially.

So up till now some people have refused to get sense. The recent events have exposed this useless and shameless administration.
The thief you are defending spent #12.5B in ASO ROCK clicnic and couldn't buy a ventilator , he has to shamelessly go and carry one ventilator from Gwagwalada teaching hospital, shame no dey catch all of una?

From Chad dealing with Boko Haram decisively, to the goofing of the secretary of state.

BUHARI led APC has been in power for five years without achieving anything.

Then if we want to start calling out our past heads of state, we should also start from the one who overthrow a democratically elected government and threw us into a military juanta for sixteen years.

The one who led Nigeria twice to recession.

So which ever way you want to access Buhari from, both past and present, he is failure personified.

He failed woefully in 1983, and in 2015- 2019, he became a disaster.

One thing has been proven, governance is not by propaganda, it is done by serious planning and execution.

If you are still doing this up till now, then there's no redemption.

Even your colleagues Helinus and Sarrki are recieving sense small small.

Qwantinue my good friend.

But I remember a popular saying, " A mad man is not ashamed of his madness, it is his kinsmen that are ashamed",

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by pasol4real(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Let's ask ourselves a question. If it were, say, USA, that had 305 cases total while 799 people died in Lagos in a single day, will they shut down their economy? The answer of course is NO! Why? Because they have the health facility to face a spike in cases. THEREFORE, Nigeria should direct almost ALL our resources towards upgrading our healthcare facility. We have now all seen what having inadequate health facility is costing us - penny wise , pound foolish.
We should partially open up the country under stringent requirements, direct all our resources towards upgrading healthcare, treat those who succumb, bury those who die, monitor things closely and if we see a spike, go back to lockdown.
Rubbish
This is exactly what the USA did that put them in the mess they are in. This is a Matter of life n death , there should be no gambling whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by CapitalBank: 9:27am On Apr 11, 2020
FabulousAutos:
And most state governors are already lifting the ban for the holidays, as if the virus would take a holiday break too. It's very sad that the entire populace will be at the receiving end due to lack of synergy between the federal and State governments. These people are just playing with fire.

Na dem know. If it gets worse... I see doctors abandoning hospitalz and stop working cos u can not abandon them and now need them for the same problem you caused.

I wouldn't even allow any of my closed medica relatives or friends go sacrifice them for country that does not give a fork about them.

And those that think virus is a joke will be in for a huge shock.

Nurses and doctors in Nigeria will abandon them if it gets worse.

Na dem know like I said cos Nigerians like to learn the hard way.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by CapitalBank: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2020
pasol4real:

Rubbish
This is exactly what the USA did that put them in the mess they are in. This is a Matter of life n death , there should be no gambling whatsoever.
my brother, in Nigeria, a bunch of people think that speaking English makes them intelligent.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Advancedman(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-fg-may-extend-lockdown-as-cases-rise-to-305/

Lockdown is more of panic mode and the accompanying vices.
NCDC per CDA and compulsory test is the key at least the elite will wilfully comply for their respective safety, then the government will do through the local structure.
But first general sanitation for 3 consecutive curfew days to systemically integrate the people into the fight lockdown.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Clarity360Hub: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2020
Send a message to 08080939463 on WhatsApp to book your slot

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2020
frugal:

I mentioned this several weeks back. The rate of robberies has increased significantly. Majority of these people are just hungry. Even me, I'll go out to find food by all means if it comes to it. My neighbor can not be eating while I starve with no option at all, I'll invade his home. This is the mindset of every Nigerian. But I'm well off and can afford even a 1 year lock-down. But more than 90% can't afford this.

Nigeria is a relatively poor country, all thanks to selfish/greedy politicians. The solution is not to shut down your already impoverished economy just because others are doing so. We're just lazy in this country. The only reason why FG is doing this lockdown is simply because they hope the problem would go away on its own if everybody stays at home. They are wrong. The earlier we all realize this has come to stay, the better for all of us.

Thanks bro. Exactly what most of us is saying. We have the most wicked, clueless, corrupt and ignorant set of people as leaders.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Duru9(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2020
doggedfighter:

Duru, Monday is public holiday before the lockdown do you work on public holiday?

I don't have work actually

But as long as there's movement I want to go out and look for any kind of work
Just to eat something

It's really getting out of hands here
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by doggedfighter(f): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2020
Duru9:

I don't have work actually

But as long as there's movement I want to go out and look for any kind of work
Just to eat something

It's really getting out of hands here
I understand now
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Duru9(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2020
doggedfighter:

I understand now

Yes thanks
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by xoxocandy(f): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
They shouldn't oh ,Lagos has tire me already

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by suremanpatriot: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2020
CUMMLATING CRISIS WITH MORE LOCKDOWM
bad governance and insentivity towards citizens.You lock ppl down who huzzle for daily bread and yu are their with ya family in abuja table drinkin tea with honey.
mr P, d present Nigeria does not have d capacity for lockdown and those ppl advising you are benefitin fr this lockdown anarchy they want to cause while citizens suffer unnecessarily.Letour ppl go and fend for their livelihood because d govt has shown it cannot take care of all nigerians indoors for their daily crucial needs. sad
Enough of this lockdown no more extn for sanity to rtn to nigeria
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by waziri4biz: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2020
Oluwaseunbandur:
Let them minus the 58 discharged from the 305 na, the higher the figure reported, the scarier the public is
Like for real you took those words out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by donjancd19(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313413:
We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton Bush that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
But in our darling nation, the last 2 presidents and their cronies looted our national treasury dry and out.
The Excess Crude Account was looted dry.
Foreign reserves drawn down.
Federation Account, emptied.
And the economy was set on an irreversible path to recession.

And they say; don't talk about it.
Focus on the present and the future only.
How we miss Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. He would have said: "I go shout o, I go shout plenty o."
If we don't focus on the past, we are then liable to make the same mistakes.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana).
Truth is bitter.
There was a country!
We will survive this deadly virus.
Together We will win this war.
We Rise!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Imo State......

We have been all around doing our best to fight against this Coronavirus issue Chief Segliz.
Some of us @[color=#006600][/color] joined a voluntary first responder group against Covid-19 with LASG and Nigeria as a whole.

Stay safe bro.
God gat us all.

How do you come about all these your brouhaha!?were you a permanent secretary to the federation?how do you know that the national treasure was dry?.

If God can open your eyes just to see how much that enters into this country daily,you will not come here to comment all these trash.OK Abach government looted the national treasure dry,where did OBJ got money to manage strive during his tenure?
OBJ govt.looted national treasure,where did GEJ see money to do the little he did?

The current government is a joke and dumb ass niggas!they are bunch of nonentity,illiterates,self-centered,Religious-Minded,Tribalism and visionless set of people who are failure on arrival.They are the real"African booty scratches" at this your age you don't still know that this current government are confused set of people,then you need to be diagnosed at the phyco.

And people like you are the main reason our leaders always treat us like animals because they knew that ,you must support them maybe because of religion or tribalism.
Mofos everywhere ��

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by infogeneral: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2020
Nigerians, look to the USA, Italy and Spain. They are not hungry yet they die in larger numbers. Is it not better to be hungry and stay alive? This will soon pass away and then only the living will celebrate.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Glink2018(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2020
kiyosaki1:
Even a blind man knew the lockdown will be extended.
From all indications, it might be extended by another two weeks.

Will you keep quiet
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Jostoman: 10:28am On Apr 11, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
People will come out by force. Hunger is more deadly than coronavirus. People won't care anymore. How can u just put people Indoors without considering how they will feed??. Majority of Nigerians are living from hand to mouth without government support.
let them try it
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Jostoman: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2020
Slurity:
MY SORRY GOES TO THE FOOLS THAT STILL THINK THE PANDEMIC IS A SCAM. WE HAVE TOO MUCH ILLITERATE IN NIGERIA. SPIT...
OGA NIGERIA CORONA VIRUS NA SCAM, buhari is just using those state governors to punish their people
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by SEGLIZ: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88316208:

Stay safe bro.
God gat us all.

volunteering I would love to at this time order than hid myself away from a footless soldier holding the entire world at rsnsom to a standstill.
being at the front either leading the line or holding the fort would be really appreciated by me than idle away like weakling whimpering for a suckle.
the most close was the FG open employment of 700,000 thousand +, covid19 combatants but not so sure they've not fixed the relatives up just to scoop the funds meant for it.
I feel the need to volunteer just be there for those that covid19 has rendered helpless.
be safe out there.
with much LOVE from me to you.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Slimranky(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2020
But why baba presido no wear nose mask?
Is he immuned to covid_19
Abeg baba protect yourself oh
I no wan hear say anything do you oh my beloved president grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by ironheart(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2020
Marketwindow:

Is it after one month lock down Nigeria Corona virus will now dissappear or reduce abi, You must be a foolish fool. Ewu no brain
Idiotic Nigerian.
a child will always remain a child even when given free data. You think you are making sense? Don't answer
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2020
Jostoman:
let them try it

Is it because u can feed urself in this lockdown?? More people are hungry out there.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by ironheart(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Half world population? Lol. More like 1%:

"One often-heard statistic is the "case-fatality rate," that is, the percentage of people diagnosed with the disease who will die of it. This afternoon that figure stands at 2.5 percent for the U.S. A huge problem is that the magnitude of this figure is significantly inflated because it does not take into account people who are asymptomatic or who suffer and recover at home and thus do not come into contact with the medical surveillance system. What we really need to know is the infection-fatality rate, that is, the percentage of all of the people infected who eventually die of the disease."
the USA is using a model based on there own data,

Do not forget , the United States population is equivalent to 4.25% of the total world population.

Don't just pick a small subset of s set to generalise it

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by frog12: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2020
these people got it from their overseas travels and infect their local associates
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Fabulously001(f): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2020
Oh! God, please forgive our sin and healed our land in Jesus name Amen

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by okoroemeka(m): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
People will come out by force. Hunger is more deadly than coronavirus. People won't care anymore. How can u just put people Indoors without considering how they will feed??. Majority of Nigerians are living from hand to mouth without government support.
will people just come outside and stand idle,if the markets remain locked how can the Barrow Pusher work or if policemen are on check every 1 kilometer how can you drive about,it is a trap.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
the lockdown is not the problem but food nko
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
hunger virus will deal with many people here
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Heyitsmartins: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
I’d like to recommend this great hacker who helped me when I was in some situation, hes very fast and reliable he will do everything you need, (cybertechhub100 at gmail dot com) ,I have been scammed a lot looking for a good hacker until i worked with this pro hacker that my colleague introduced me to, I must say he’s the best and most reliable one out there… his charges were quite very affordable. I had my credit card topped up and also my credit score boosted within 2 days of work. He’s so amazing. You welcome by the way.
He also cloned my wife’s phone… i’ve been able to see all her call logs,texts,emails,social media accounts and more for over 4 months now… She isnt even aware. All thanks to (cybertechhub100 at gmail dot com). Don’t hesitate to contact him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory / WIKE Is In Trouble(pix) / Osinbajo Gets New Chopper From Caverton Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.