Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 (51951 Views)

Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 / Oyetola: Osun May Extend COVID-19 Lockdown / Buhari May Extend 'private Visit' To London For Health Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Shanana1(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2020
Switruth:
They don’t have a choice..... Hunger go really blast Nigerians.
u
Guys are now robbing o coz of hunger. Na house to house robbery o. people can not sleep in peace now. Robbing and raping..And our government don't care about us. God have mercy o
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Pesuzok(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Let's ask ourselves a question. If it were, say, USA, that had 305 cases total while 799 people died in Lagos in a single day, will they shut down their economy? The answer of course is NO! Why? Because they have the health facility to face a spike in cases. THEREFORE, Nigeria should direct almost ALL our resources towards upgrading our healthcare facility. We have now all seen what having inadequate health facility is costing us - penny wise , pound foolish.
We should partially open up the country under stringent requirements, direct all our resources towards upgrading healthcare, treat those who succumb, bury those who die, monitor things closely and if we see a spike, go back to lockdown.
At some point, US had 305 case while Italy was recording deaths. US did not shut their economy, now see where they are with all their health care facilities. So imagine what will happen to Nigeria that don't have that kind of facility.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2020
What is the name of this movie , Is this CORONA GANGSTA?

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Raalsalghul: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2020
Oluwaseunbandur:

They didn't

Can you imagine? angry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Pls somebody should enlighten me on EBOLA and COVID 19
EBOLA- there was no panic and tension. Activities were going on donations was not much
COVID 19- Tension and panic everywhere. Upon all the donations, we are yet to see the impact

1.Ebola was first isolated in 1976, so despite the panic, we already knew what to do, and how to do it. And importantly it isn't spread by air or by droplet, but by close contact with a patient or the patient's body fluids.

2.COVID19 was isolated just last year December. It is spread by droplets, and possibly airborne. And we are still learning about how it affects the body, and what predisposes people to dying from it.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313413:
We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton Bush that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
But in our darling nation, the last 2 presidents and their cronies looted our national treasury dry and out.
The Excess Crude Account was looted dry.
Foreign reserves drawn down.
Federation Account, emptied.
And the economy was set on an irreversible path to recession.

And they say; don't talk about it.
Focus on the present and the future only.
How we miss Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. He would have said: "I go shout o, I go shout plenty o."
If we don't focus on the past, we are then liable to make the same mistakes.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana).
Truth is bitter.
There was a country!
We will survive this deadly virus.
Together We will win this war.
We Rise!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Imo State......
Who bought data for you? Because we all knew you have been waiting for the 30k Npower money. Sorry your father Buhari kept you waiting for the 30k that made you sold your souls to the administration.. somebody don help their with data las las .
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by TAYO124: 8:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Misplaced priority, thousands of Nigerians die from various other diseases combined yet it is only covid 19 we care about though it has not even claimed up to 1000 individuals in Nigeria.
Boko haram has killed Thousands, Armed Fulani herdsmen has killed Thousands, daily road traffic accidents kills Thousands , SARS and police/security men kill Hundreds weekly yet all we care about is covid 19 deaths. What a country?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by abumeinben(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2020
Kobicove:

Grand plan by whom?

Please keep quite if you don't have anything sensible to say!

Doesn't have to be sensible bruh. Doesn't have.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Let's ask ourselves a question. If it were, say, USA, that had 305 cases total while 799 people died in Lagos in a single day, will they shut down their economy? The answer of course is NO! Why? Because they have the health facility to face a spike in cases. THEREFORE, Nigeria should direct almost ALL our resources towards upgrading our healthcare facility. We have now all seen what having inadequate health facility is costing us - penny wise , pound foolish.
We should partially open up the country under stringent requirements, direct all our resources towards upgrading healthcare, treat those who succumb, bury those who die, monitor things closely and if we see a spike, go back to lockdown.

The problem with waiting to see a spike is that the spread of Corona Virus is geometric, so when you begin to see a spike, its much harder to control. Nigeria does not have the infrastructure nor skilled manpower to treat the Corona virus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Lovelypet28: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2020
Anybody that does inter state travelling this period una go die for road. If you come out to jog or do one yeye exercise, Covid 19 will ravage una family and una no go survive am.
If you think we are joking and going out to infect other people because your hungry, hunger kee you there, awon oloriburuku, they gave an order and pple are flounting it, now we have more cases even in anambra, Niger, please how is that possible. The easter rice and chicken you want to travel to your village for will kill you because that's the first time your eating rice and chicken.
The numbers keep increasing, because of some stubborn goats, is it fair to us that are being obedient, our jobs are on the line here, our livelihood, I dey vex this morning.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by chronique(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2020
They asked you people to stay at home so they can tackle the Covid 19 issue but some of you refused to. Some were busy throwing parties, some were busy doing fitness exercise on the express, others were busy showing off their cars on lekki expressway and causing traffic. Now, we have 305 Covid cases with Lagos accounting for about 60-70% of the cases. What it means is that so many have been infected and are yet to get tested. On the other hand, it means we would continue sitting down at home for as long as possible until the no of cases starts going down. No responsible government will ask people to come out and go to work with the Covid infection rates going up daily or else, everyone would get infected in less than a week. Effectively and in actual sense, our staying at home has been rendered useless by those who chose to do differently. Why are we at this point? Simply because some of us chose to show the world that we don't have sense. The days ahead would be tough and we'd have to choose between dying of Covid or dying of hunger.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by barbadoz1610(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2020
I concur with fg idea there's need for an extension as concern the lockdown but come to think of No substantial provision for welfare package for masses attached to this, and the peanut being distributed neither enough nor circulated......
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by doggedfighter(f): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2020
johnchima007:
One case already in Anambra! Wahala don dey oo. It is now closer to the east than we thought. I just hope its not Onitsha because people for that place no dey hear word.
Are you in onitsha? How do you know we no dey hear word? We have been very cooperative, biko cheesy
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Tedsart(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2020
It is finished...
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Bakerdav: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2020
The case is rising they should lock down every state and provide neccsary relieve material for citizens
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by doggedfighter(f): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Duru9:
I beg FG in the name of God they should not increase this lock down

I can't stay anymore
I've put all my hope in Monday hoping to go out and hustle for food
Duru, Monday is public holiday before the lockdown do you work on public holiday?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by maomidavies(f): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2020
It’s not only about extending the lockdown, they should also protect the people now everyone is at home. If it continues what’s happening in ogun state will spread. Robbers robbing people of their properties and foodstuff.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by lamentor78(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2020
My advice for those shouting hunger will kill them is that if you eventually catch COVID-19 your end has come because by then government will be overwhelmed and hospital might not have the capacity anymore to curtail it .....then it will be death sentence.....stay at home and fast 40 days and nights at least our Lord Jesus Christ did it.....stop the spread....lol
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Marketwindow: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2020
ironheart:
We all need to do our part, lets learn from other countries, because when the deaths starts rolling in, we will no longer think of hunger or what to eat. This disease may be the one that will reduce the world population by half if we do not take care.
Is it after one month lock down Nigeria Corona virus will now dissappear or reduce abi, You must be a foolish fool. Ewu no brain
Idiotic Nigerian.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by kem83095: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by SEGLIZ: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2020
post=88313761:

You have a very good point here also.
We respect your view towards this.

sis where have being?
missed you and your vibe around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Pearl05(f): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Soon Nigeria will be counting 2k plus as they accepted the Chinese contaminated donations and also Chinese so called medical personnel. Why didn't they go to Italy , USA and other places having death rate in '000?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by landry07(m): 8:56am On Apr 11, 2020
i wish ANINI was alive to witness this such wickedness
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Marketwindow: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2020
People cannot cope anymore, begging on every social media platforms.
Nigerians are the most insensitive people on earth.
Are dey not people living with HIV and AIDS anymore in our environmental again. It's 1000 ways to die with or without Corona scam you will and must die somehow.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2020
SEGLIZ:

sis where have been?
missed you and your vibe around.
We have been all around doing our best to fight against this Coronavirus issue Chief Segliz.
Some of us @[color=#006600][/color] joined a voluntary first responder group against Covid-19 with LASG and Nigeria as a whole.
It was tough, but we will keep going.
We will win this war as a nation.

Stay safe bro.
God gat us all.
Miss you guys, you and Timekeeper especially.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Cotton(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author= post=88313413]We believe It is for everyone's good health.
If LOCKDOWN came early in Italy, USA and the other countries severely affected by Coronavirus, it won't be as deadly as this.

Palliative measures is all we ask for, for the poor among Nigerians and those that make their daily bread selling on a daily basis.

We wish the last 2 presidents before our darling Daddy were named Obama and Clinton Bush that left trillions of dollars in America treasury before they left and nothing like looting or theft was heard of.
That is the only way Donald could ever had something to fall back on to be able to share 2 trillion dollars for all Americans in this pandemic period.
The 2 trillion dollars being shared was not left by anyone, it is being printed by the Fed.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Chicastle: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2020
Switruth:
They don’t have a choice..... Hunger go really blast Nigerians.

No body is hungry
Prove me wrong
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by frugal(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
People will come out by force. Hunger is more deadly than coronavirus. People won't care anymore. How can u just put people Indoors without considering how they will feed??. Majority of Nigerians are living from hand to mouth without government support.
I mentioned this several weeks back. The rate of robberies has increased significantly. Majority of these people are just hungry. Even me, I'll go out to find food by all means if it comes to it. My neighbor can not be eating while I starve with no option at all, I'll invade his home. This is the mindset of every Nigerian. But I'm well off and can afford even a 1 year lock-down. But more than 90% can't afford this.

Nigeria is a relatively poor country, all thanks to selfish/greedy politicians. The solution is not to shut down your already impoverished economy just because others are doing so. We're just lazy in this country. The only reason why FG is doing this lockdown is simply because they hope the problem would go away on its own if everybody stays at home. They are wrong. The earlier we all realize this has come to stay, the better for all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by botrix(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2020
How am I going to cope with my family?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 by Marketwindow: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2020
Chicastle:

No body is hungry
Prove me wrong
Your mama go die of hunger, ur family will die of hunger, the little money u depend on will vanish before ur eyes ijn. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce At Halima Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photos) / Saraki To Tinubu: Nigeria Bigger Than You, I Acted In National Interest / Protesters Hit Abuja Over Supreme Court Order On Old Naira (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.