Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,021 members, 7,956,790 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (58663 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID 19: Another Nigerian Health Worker In The USA Dies Of The Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by wirinet(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
And why hasn't science found the vaccine yet?
Because the disease became known to the world only in January this year. Developing a vaccine takes years of research and trials. Vaccines are not made by prayers and deliverance.

Oya, now answer, why are Christians, priests and pastors also dying from the coronavirus virus? Does the blood of Jesus not cover Christians from coronavirus?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Farki: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Einstein was not an Atheist Sir. And he wasnt a founding father of modern science. (See his quote in the screenshot below)

Secondly, you didnt read the link you posted. Its says the greeks built their science on the foundations of the babylonians and Egyptians. And out of that came Greek philosophers like Aristotle e.t.c your link also ended up with some of Greek science methods being flawed.

Like I said earlier those who started the science of old, belived in Gods as shown in the link you posted. There were no Atheists in Babylonian and Old Egyptian times. Please do a research on the history of Atheism.

Also, your talk on the advancement of science without the Church has no basis.

Lastly, wikipedia is not a source of credible information when it comes to scientific debates. So always get links from elsewhere. (Especially scientific journals or press releases).

I never said Einstein was an atheist I said he wasn't Christian.

You also didn't read in the same article that Aristotle first philosopher who developed a systematic study of logic?
Of course the early ideas were not accurate but they gave the foundations of science you attribute to the Church. Many claims endorsed by the church such as Geocentricism were proven to be false yet you are awfully silent about them.

If you research about the history of atheism you would know that such thinking was present since the time of ancient Greece.

Once churches had been separated from controlling state affairs and education was available to all science advanced. If the church was still in charge of everything there would be no stem cell research and no theory of evolution because they contradict Catholic teachings. We would only be allowed to talk about the things the church permits.
Worse still is we could have idiots like this who believe religious processions cure disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgHCn702qg

Of course you say Wikipedia isn't a valid source of information but a picture of a quote is. You do realize that the articles have citations in them?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Avalancheman: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
Another returnee from abroad

He must have died of the deadly "Tokunbo" version of the virus.

RIP

If after over 40 days of the virus entering their country, the number of deaths in the US, China, Italy, Spain and co is 8, Coronavirus wouldn't be making headlines in their airwaves anymore not to talk about necessitating a total lockdown.

SMH
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
wirinet:

Because the disease became known to the world only in January this year. Developing a vaccine takes years of research and trials. Vaccines are not made by prayers and deliverance.

Oya, now answer, why are Christians, priests and pastors also dying from the coronavirus virus? Does the blood of Jesus not cover Christians from coronavirus?
That's a stupid question. Are pastors immortals? Were you told they could not be affected by illnesses ? Your question is lame and its seriously off point . Its like you saying why are doctors(who happen to be medical scientists) dying from the pandemic even though they are suppose to be the custodians of sound health. Does that make sense to you...
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Stevechigo: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
Has anyone ever seen a video of any Nigerian who was recorded or any picture of infected patients before and afterjust like we see all the time on CNN.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by pasol4real(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
What has the religious leaders done?
Nothing we can do but pray.
Only God has the solution
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

I never said Einstein was an atheist I said he wasn't Christian.

You also didn't read in the same article that Aristotle first philosopher who developed a systematic study of logic?
Of course the early ideas were not accurate but they gave the foundations of science you attribute to the Church. Many claims endorsed by the church such as Geocentricism were proven to be false yet you are awfully silent about them.

If you research about the history of atheism you would know that such thinking was present since the time of ancient Greece.

Once churches had been separated from controlling state affairs and education was available to all science advanced. If the church was still in charge of everything there would be no stem cell research and no theory of evolution because they contradict Catholic teachings. We would only be allowed to talk about the things the church permits.
Worse still is we could have idiots like this who believe religious processions cure disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgHCn702qg

Of course you say Wikipedia isn't a valid source of information but a picture of a quote is. You do realize that the articles have citations in them?

1. Ancient Greece was way after the babylonian times. So Atheism is fairly new.

2. You went off tangent with your last statement with the video.

3. Theory of evolution is a theory not a fact, still heavily under study. And scientists are divided on the issue. Especially biological scientist who study DNA and the process of natural selection.

4. As for Church and state affairs, you speak of only Rome.(that is another argument for another time). Most of education and what we call science did not originate from Rome.

5. Stem cell research is late science that does not concern whether the Church is in power of state affairs or not.

6. As for your last statment again, Of course there will be religious people who do not apply logic in some matters. It doesn't negate anything. Afterall, there are many Atheists who believe everything came from nothing.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Dollabiz: 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
where is the proof
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by wirinet(m): 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
That's a stupid question. Are pastors immortals? Were you told they could not be affected by illnesses ? Your question is lame and its seriously off point . Its like you saying why are doctors(who happen to be medical scientists) dying from the pandemic even though they are suppose to be the custodians of sound health. Does that make sense to you...
Doctors never claimed to have superhuman powers, doctors never claimed to be able to resurrect the dead and doctors never go on TV shows performing healing miracles.

Your pastors had claimed before this coronavirus came to show how powerless they are, that they have the powers to heal the sick and cast out demons and infirmities. Desperate and sick people come from all around the world, just to relieve healing from these men of God. So why are they not inviting coronavirus patients from Italy, the US and all countries coronavirus is decimating their population? Why are the countries spending billions in researching vaccines and cures? Would it not have been cheaper to build mega churches and healing grounds and invite these miracle pastors to start healing all coronavirus patients?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by OttHin: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Not again

Meanwhile check this out...........

This new company offers you to earn money on viewing ad units and attracting referrals.

Watch commercial advertising, and we will credit up to 10 cents to your account for an ad unit display.
Attract referrals and get 50% from their earnings transferred to your account.
It seems to be the most profitable offer on the market of paid advertising at the time!

Your earnings are practically unlimited and depend on the time you spend in front of your PC.
Working on the average 3-5 hours a day, you can get paid from 50$ to 300$ or even more to your account.

All earned funds are saved in the personal account of the employee and are paid to your bank
card or electronic account upon the request in your account within 1 hour

Registration is free!!!!!
Check my signature for more details
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by bestabigaelever(f): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chapii:
Don't mind them. Some1 dies in private hospital they name it corona and hide the identity. If cases don't go up how will he hammer. COVID-419
No private hospital can even admit coronavirus patients, never.... I wish to leave this country, ALIVE
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Micmuzac: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
Now he recognizes there is a Christian God after tests are inconclusive like inec showing positiand negative up and down like network signal
brodalikeme:

Why seek the intervention of a God you don’t believe in. Even if He were a machinery, you will have to believe in Him and pay Him to get the job done.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by wirinet(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

False statement.
Ancient Greece - 12th–9th centuries BC.
Ancient Babylon - 18th and 6th centuries BC
Although Babylon was older by about 6 centuries, the two civilizations did overlap.
How can you say a civilization that was 3000 years old fairly new? In that case which civilizations then would your consider fairly old?

3. Theory of evolution is a theory not a fact, still heavily under study. And scientists are divided on the issue. Especially biological scientist who study DNA and the process of natural selection.
Another false statement. If you paid attention during science class in secondary school, you would have known that in science a theory is an established fact. It is an hypothesis that ishe still heavily under study. Scientists are not decided on the theory of evolution, up to 98% of all scientists (natural science ) accept evolution as fact. All universities in the world teach evolution as a fact. It is a few religious fundamentalists and fringe scientists and their supporters that struggle against reason to reject the theory of biological evolution.

4. As for Church and state affairs, you speak of only Rome.(that is another argument for another time). Most of education and what we call science did not originate from Rome.
Senseless. Who says education originated from Rome? Western education originated from ancient Mesopotamia, then Babylonian, then Egypt, Greece, Rome...

6. As for your last statment again, Of course there will be religious people who do not apply logic in some matters. It doesn't negate anything. Afterall, there are many Atheists who believe everything came from nothing.
The Nothing they are talking about is not nothing in English. Nothing means something else in the quantum field. The same thing with religion, Your God came from nothing and suddenly started creation. You would say your God have always existed. Atheist scientists would also say quantum fields have always existed.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Farki: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

2. You went off tangent with your last statement with the video.

5. Stem cell research is late science that does not concern whether the Church is in power of state affairs or not.

You clearly didn't read my post properly

1, How has something that has been around for 3000 years which is half of recorded history fairy new?

2. It seems you didn't read my comment properly. This priest believes that holding crosses will cause Covid-19 to disappear. Of course this is pure nonsense yet this would be what the church had been endorsing for centuries.

3. The idea that germs spread disease is also a theory, gravity is also a theory, the earth orbiting the sun is a theory. It seems you don't understand the definition of theory within the scientific community.

4. The church had a large amount of wealth, influence as it was intertwined with the politics and Royalty of Europe since the late the Roman Empire. Whatever research undertaken needed the funding and approval of the Church unless the researcher wanted to be branded a heretic.

5. If you read my comment well you would see that I am giving an example of modern science that would be hindered if the church was as influential over the state as it was in the past.

6. Finally religion does not require logic just obedience. This is why amazing claims and are accepted wholesale as truth. Asking for proof of supernatural claims are seen as wrong in the Bible. I have a question for you where did God come from because I'm sure you know as much about that as the average atheist?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
wirinet:

False statement.
Ancient Greece - 12th–9th centuries BC.
Ancient Babylon - 18th and 6th centuries BC
Although Babylon was older by about 6 centuries, the two civilizations did overlap.
How can you say a civilization that was 3000 years old fairly new? In that case which civilizations then would your consider fairly old?

Another false statement. If you paid attention during science class in secondary school, you would have known that in science a theory is an established fact. It is an hypothesis that ishe still heavily under study. Scientists are not decided on the theory of evolution, up to 98% of all scientists (natural science ) accept evolution as fact. All universities in the world teach evolution as a fact. It is a few religious fundamentalists and fringe scientists and their supporters that struggle against reason to reject the theory of biological evolution.

Senseless. Who says education originated from Rome? Western education originated from ancient Mesopotamia, then Babylonian, then Egypt, Greece, Rome...

The Nothing they are talking about is not nothing in English. Nothing means something else in the quantum field. The same thing with religion, Your God came from nothing and suddenly started creation. You would say your God have always existed. Atheist scientists would also say quantum fields have always existed.

This man you are confusing yourself.

Ancient Babylon started 2300 bc while Ancient greece was around 800 bc. They were no way close to each other.

Secondly, Mr Man, you have started your assumptions again, where did you get your 98 percent of scientists from?

Your third statement on western education has been misunderstood by you. What is western education? Western education is 15th century. Western education has nothing to do with the foundation of Science.

Finally, I love to talk about your last argument. I.e The origin of the universe. But anyways, who told you those Atheists know about quantum fields. I have spoken with most of them. They never mention that all I hear is nothingness.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by asamaigho(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
What has the religious leaders done?

while d scientist is somwhere praying to God, obviously science has failed.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

You clearly didn't read my post properly

1, How has something that has been around for 3000 years which is half of recorded history fairy new?

2. It seems you didn't read my comment properly. This priest believes that holding crosses will cause Covid-19 to disappear. Of course this is pure nonsense yet this would be what the church had been endorsing for centuries.

3. The idea that germs spread disease is also a theory, gravity is also a theory, the earth orbiting the sun is a theory. It seems you don't understand the definition of theory within the scientific community.

4. The church had a large amount of wealth, influence as it was intertwined with the politics and Royalty of Europe since the late the Roman Empire. Whatever research undertaken needed the funding and approval of the Church unless the researcher wanted to be branded a heretic.

5. If you read my comment well you would see that I am giving an example of modern science that would be hindered if the church was as influential over the state as it was in the past.

6. Finally religion does not require logic just obedience. This is why amazing claims and are accepted wholesale as truth. Asking for proof of supernatural claims are seen as wrong in the Bible. I have a question for you where did God come from because I'm sure you know as much about that as the average atheist?

God said where he came from in the bible.

He said, He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End.

I understand the human curiosity to try to understand all things. But I believe we have an over inflated ego of intellect. Because of what we see in our so called advancement of knowledge.

But the truth is that, we humans have no way of measuring how truly intelligent and advance we have become because we have no other intelligent race like us on other planets for instance to compare.

Now why do I say that?

Because I am sure the origin of God I gave above will not satisfy you.

But God in the bible doesnt go deeper in explaining things He knows humans wouldn't get.

There is a concept called infinite regression of things. Which is not possible and which cant be understood by the limited human mind. Infinite regression isnt possible because it still has to point to an infinite source that had no beginning.

What could be this thing or being that had no beginning?

Guess what, the Bible God is the only God in all religion to give the ultimate origin of everything. He says He is the ultimate source. No beginning before Him.

You cant put that in a test tube.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by ahmedyoung: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
Think about it Why are they not showing us pictures and how the patient are being quarantined

Nigeria my country
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Ahasco(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=balodihno14 post=88325406][/quote]

cool! So boko haram don enter Christianity too? Lol cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Ahasco(m): 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Because you have not seen a miracle doesn't mean others havent seen Mr. Man.

One of the scriptures I quoted there has already answered your question.

And until you can prove that not a single soul in the whole world has encountered a miracle from God, then you don't have an argument.

And you talk of science as if it somehow denies the existence of God and it separates itself from God. When all science does is try to understand the "how" of the laws of the universe put in place by an intelligent mind.

Btw, when the science of old started, there were no irreligious humans. All believed in a certain higher being or beings which ushered them into all manner discoveries as some tried to combine that with what they called magic.

If we are talking of modern science, then that was also started by Christians.

So mentioning science and its discoveries does not help the argument against a God.

Miracles happen by coincidence, and not by any being or gods. Nature is it that give way to coincidence to happen. And this coincidence /miracle as you will call it, happen just once in a person's lifetime.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by GreatResearcher1: 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
asamaigho:

while d scientist is somwhere praying to God, obviously science has failed.
Science doesn't know God
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Ahasco(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
uchennaq:
A FOOL WILL OPEN HIS/HER MOUTH TO SAY WHAT HE/SHE DOESN'T KNOW. THEY SAY WHAT AN OLD MAN WILL SIT DOWN ON A STOOL AND SEE, IF A YOUNG MAN/GIRL CLIMBS THE HIGHEST IROKO TREE, THEY WON'T SEE. THOSE PEOPLE CASTIGATING A PARTICULAR RELIGION, IF I WERE YOU, I WILL SHUT UP BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS A MYSTERY.
SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS UNTIL THEY START EXPERIENCING PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES IN THEIR HOMES DUE TO SPIRITS OR LOST SOULS.

BE WISE!! DON'T INVITE ETERNAL CURSE TO YOURSELF ONTO YOUR 4TH GENERATION BECAUSE OF FOOLISHNESS.

They are called illusions. Why delve into what you don't understand or don't want to understand? And when the bubble burst you cry save me!
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by brodalikeme(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Myer:

Your level of comprehension is very low.
He wasn't speaking for himself since he's not a victim. But for the several Christians and muslims that have died from the coronavirus.
Your pastors are now praying for vaccines right? Good time to run to science.

We're only relatively safe in Africa because of our climate here.

Hmmm, it’s you who lack the capacity to comprehend anything. He is not speaking for himself but calling on something he does not believe in to come help victims right? What level of sarcasm!

If the government or science is so effective, pastors won’t need pray for them. A vaccine would have at the least been on trial in the over 3 months that this virus has been a concern.

Your ‘knowledge’ of geography should have shown you that Africa is neither the hottest or coldest regions of the earth with has been adversely affected by the pandemic. Ask the Russian, Canadians, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc

If you have issues with God, speak to Him sincerely as your father and He will speak to you. NO MAN FIGHTS HIS MAKER AND WINS!. my free advice
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Ahasco(m): 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
=uchennaqA FOOL WILL OPEN HIS/HER MOUTH TO SAY WHAT HE/SHE DOESN'T KNOW. THEY SAY WHAT AN OLD MAN WILL SIT DOWN ON A STOOL AND SEE, IF A YOUNG MAN/GIRL CLIMBS THE HIGHEST IROKO TREE, THEY WON'T SEE. THOSE PEOPLE CASTIGATING A PARTICULAR RELIGION, IF I WERE YOU, I WILL SHUT UP BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS A MYSTERY.
SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS UNTIL THEY START EXPERIENCING PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES IN THEIR HOMES DUE TO SPIRITS OR LOST SOULS.

BE WISE!! DON'T INVITE ETERNAL CURSE TO YOURSELF ONTO YOUR 4TH GENERATION BECAUSE OF FOOLISHNESS. [/quote]

They are called illusions. Why delve into what you don't understand or don't want to understand? And when the bubble burst you cry save me!
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by TechtraGadgets: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:

When they find it, keep searching for it with God
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
TechtraGadgets:

When they find it, keep searching for it with God
When they find it...? Hmm... I like that statement. Smells of uncertainty cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by wirinet(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

This man you are confusing yourself.

Ancient Babylon started 2300 bc while Ancient greece was around 800 bc. They were no way close to each other.
You are being dishonest here. You stated that ancient Babylon started 2300 BC bit ancient Greece was around 800 BC. When can ancient Greece be said to have started? Read about the Greek dark ages which is between 1100BC - 800 BC. This was the period homer wrote about in the iliard.
The 2300 BC you stated could not be said to be Babylon. That was when Babylon was a little village in the Akkadian empire. Babylon did not become an established empire until the 19th or even18th century BC. It was after the reign of Hammurabi in 1750 BC that the whole of southern Mesopotamia came to be known as Babylonia. The Babylon empire lasted until it was conquered by Cyrus the Great, king of Persia in 539 BC.

Secondly, Mr Man, you have started your assumptions again, where did you get your 98 percent of scientists from?

Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time," while only 61% of the public agrees, according to a new report (PDF, p. 37) from the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press. Asked which comes closer to their view, "Humans and other living things have evolved over time" or "Humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time," 97% of scientists responding chose the former option, as opposed to only 2% choosing the latter option;
https://ncse.ngo/views-evolution-among-public-and-scientists-0

Your third statement on western education has been misunderstood by you. What is western education? Western education is 15th century. Western education has nothing to do with the foundation of Science.

So what will you call the type education in the school of medicine in Alexandra (311BC)?

Finally, I love to talk about your last argument. I.e The origin of the universe. But anyways, who told you those Atheists know about quantum fields. I have spoken with most of them. They never mention that all I hear is nothingness.

You guys keep confusing Atheism with science. Lots of Atheists don't care about science. My own first role model Tai Solarin had no idea of evolution or big bang. Atheism simply is a disbelief in God(s). There are many scientists that are theists and many theists that are scientists that accept evolution)
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by abijaofficial(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
science has found the vaccine after 34 days sir ...... it is not ripe for usage yet .... 18 months is the target test period
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by wirinet(m): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

God said where he came from in the bible.

He said, He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End.

I understand the human curiosity to try to understand all things. But I believe we have an over inflated ego of intellect. Because of what we see in our so called advancement of knowledge.

But the truth is that, we humans have no way of measuring how truly intelligent and advance we have become because we have no other intelligent race like us on other planets for instance to compare.

Now why do I say that?

Because I am sure the origin of God I gave above will not satisfy you.

But God in the bible doesnt go deeper in explaining things He knows humans wouldn't get.

There is a concept called infinite regression of things. Which is not possible and which cant be understood by the limited human mind. Infinite regression isnt possible because it still has to point to an infinite source that had no beginning.

What could be this thing or being that had no beginning?

Guess what, the Bible God is the only God in all religion to give the ultimate origin of everything. He says He is the ultimate source. No beginning before Him.

You cant put that in a test tube.

In order words, the emperor is wearing invisible cloths that only the righteous can see.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=abijaofficial post=88340055] science has found the vaccine after 34 days sir ...... it is not ripe for usage yet .... 18 months is the target test period[/quote ] Bros don't play smart here. As we speak, there is no known drug/vaccine for covid-19; what we have are would-be vaccines that are still undergoing clinical trials(which would take 12-18 months to get approval WHO) . So get your facts straight.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by asamaigho(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Science doesn't know God

really?
u really need to know more abt science.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
wirinet:

You are being dishonest here. You stated that ancient Babylon started 2300 BC bit ancient Greece was around 800 BC. When can ancient Greece be said to have started? Read about the Greek dark ages which is between 1100BC - 800 BC. This was the period homer wrote about in the iliard.
The 2300 BC you stated could not be said to be Babylon. That was when Babylon was a little village in the Akkadian empire. Babylon did not become an established empire until the 19th or even18th century BC. It was after the reign of Hammurabi in 1750 BC that the whole of southern Mesopotamia came to be known as Babylonia. The Babylon empire lasted until it was conquered by Cyrus the Great, king of Persia in 539 BC.

Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time," while only 61% of the public agrees, according to a new report (PDF, p. 37) from the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press. Asked which comes closer to their view, "Humans and other living things have evolved over time" or "Humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time," 97% of scientists responding chose the former option, as opposed to only 2% choosing the latter option;
https://ncse.ngo/views-evolution-among-public-and-scientists-0

So what will you call the type education in the school of medicine in Alexandra (311BC)?

You guys keep confusing Atheism with science. Lots of Atheists don't care about science. My own first role model Tai Solarin had no idea of evolution or big bang. Atheism simply is a disbelief in God(s). There are many scientists that are theists and many theists that are scientists that accept evolution)

I am too tired right now to type long thing...but anyways...

Even though Pew research has been criticized for its biasness towards the Abrahamic religions and Hinduism, I would ignore that and give you an excerpt of the largest study on the issue at hand.

[b]"Ecklund and fellow Rice researchers Kirstin Matthews and Steven Lewis collected information from 9,422 respondents in eight regions around the world: France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Taiwan, Turkey, the U.K. and the U.S. They also traveled to these regions to conduct in-depth interviews with 609 scientists, the largest worldwide survey and interview study ever conducted of the intersection between faith and science.

By surveying and interviewing scientists at various career stages, in elite and nonelite institutions and in biology and physics, the researchers hoped to gain a representative look at scientists' views on religion, ethics and how both intersect with their scientific work.

When asked about terms of conflict between religion and science, Ecklund noted that only a minority of scientists in each regional context believe that science and religion are in conflict. In the U.K. - one of the most secular countries studied - only 32 percent of scientists characterized the science-faith interface as one of conflict. In the U.S., this number was only 29 percent. And 25 percent of Hong Kong scientists, 27 percent of Indian scientists and 23 percent of Taiwanese scientists believed science and religion can coexist and be used to help each other.

In addition to the survey's quantitative findings, the researchers found nuanced views in scientists' responses during interviews. For example, numerous scientists expressed how religion can provide a "check" in ethically gray areas.

(Religion provides a) check on those occasions where you might be tempted to shortcut because you want to get something published and you think, 'Oh, that experiment wasn't really good enough, but if I portray it in this way, that will do,'" said a biology professor from the U.K.

Another scientist said that there are "multiple atheisms," some of which include religious traditions."[/b]

As for your babylonian and Greece argument, you mention dark Greece age like that is when they hopped on the babylonian science. Google the difference between Dark age Greece and classical Greece.

Classical Greece is where we have the philosophers like Plato e.t.c.

Besides:

PhD. Filon

...many of the achievements of Greek culture in the fields of astronomy and mathematics did not spring, fully armed, from the Hellenic brain, but had their more remote origins in the civilizations of the ancient East.' There is available now sufficient evidence to show that a great deal of the astronomical knowledge which has come down to us from the Hellenistic period (c. 500 B.C. to A.D. 150) was not initially discovered during that period; and such new empiric discoveries as were made in that time were not all due to Greeks, for important contributions were still being made by Babylonians during the Seleucid Era.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion) / 10 Things You Should Never Do Immediately After A Meal / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.