Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (57907 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID 19: Another Nigerian Health Worker In The USA Dies Of The Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by LordShiva97(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
Your comment is an evidence of foggy thinking. But just wind back a bit and let me get this straight :
1.why would you be waiting for the Abrahamic God since you don't believe in Him?
2. Most of those scientists out there are probably Christians (who serve the Abrahamic God), so why do you want to cash-in on what they are doing? Or don't have atheist have their thing on which they call on.... cheesy

1. I'm not waiting on your god to do anything. He has never done anything and he never will. Despite all our prayers, religions and beliefs, at the end we are our own savior and it's up to us to save our race from this crisis.

2. Some of the scientists out there working hard to develop vaccines are christians, no doubt about this but what does their religion have to do with their work?
Their religious beliefs have nothing to do with their research same way their race, ethnicity and political affiliations have nothing to do with whether they're scientists or not.

You should try and ask more sensible questions.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by apoolasolomon(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
God is Omnipresent (everywhere), he is Omnipotent (can do everything) and Omniscience (knows everything), he can do magic but he is not a magician. Not wiping out COVID-19 d day it came doesn't mean he doesn't exist, its even a way of showing his power to those that believes and seek for him.
Bro, there is God, and without Jesus, u ll loose eternity, that's the fact

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

I only need repeatable and testable evidence that faith healing works. So far there has been none aside from the tales by the moonlight you expect me to swallow from your religious texts. If I were to think this way about everything then any mythical story would be treated as valid until disproved. Can you disprove that Jack and the beanstalk?

Science has shown that many of the claims in the bible are false and not more valid than the claims of other religions. The 7 day creation story and great flood were shown to be nothing more than myths.

Science was started by the Greeks not Christians. Modern science was started during the Age of Enlightenment where scholars opposed the dogmatic reasoning of the Catholic Church.

Even today Christians deny science of evolution,astronomy, 5G and stem cell research. Belief in the supernatural does not follow the scientific processes just adults in dresses playing make believe under the guise of 'having faith'.

Okay, from your statements, I have seen something, you are also one of those guys I debate with who love to talk without showing references to back up your claims.

You have been wrong about science disproving the bible, the Greeks (The Greeks were not known for science but were literary scholars and philosophers), even the opposing of the Catholic church and science- When we had Da Vinci, Tycho Brahe, Copernicus, Rene Descartes, Kepler e.t.c who were Catholics and also fathers of modern science.

You now went off the diving board with the generalization and assumptions of your last statement.

Why then should I continue this discourse??
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by bigthink(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
https://www.davidicke.com/article/567418/david-icke-live-london-real-today-330pm-uk

Watch this man's video and see why people are burning down 5G masts in UK and other countries
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by bigthink(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jostoman:
let buhari and sanwo olu continue deceiving them.

Watch this man's video and see why people are burning down masts in UK and other countries...

https://www.davidicke.com/article/567418/david-icke-live-london-real-today-330pm-uk
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
LordShiva97:

1. I'm not waiting on your god to do anything. He has never done anything and he never will. Despite all our prayers, religions and beliefs, at the end we are our own savior and it's up to us to save our race from this crisis.

2. Some of the scientists out there working hard to develop vaccines are christians, no doubt about this but what does their religion have to do with their work?
Their religious beliefs have nothing to do with their research same way their race, ethnicity and political affiliations have nothing to do with whether they're scientists or not.

You should try and ask more sensible questions.
Like I said earlier, :"an evidence of foggy thinking". But let me make some corrections here :
1.Why would you say "our"...does this include you ? You don't know the Abrhamic God, so stop associating yourself with the "us" terminology. Its hypocritical.
2. Science right now is clueless (just like you); it has no answers. Which is why should keep shut and place your atheistic views asides and let Science or religion( which ever one) come up with answers.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by fortran12: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
What has the religious leaders done?

What do you expect them to do?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by uchennaq(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
A FOOL WILL OPEN HIS/HER MOUTH TO SAY WHAT HE/SHE DOESN'T KNOW. THEY SAY WHAT AN OLD MAN WILL SIT DOWN ON A STOOL AND SEE, IF A YOUNG MAN/GIRL CLIMBS THE HIGHEST IROKO TREE, THEY WON'T SEE. THOSE PEOPLE CASTIGATING A PARTICULAR RELIGION, IF I WERE YOU, I WILL SHUT UP BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS A MYSTERY.
SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS UNTIL THEY START EXPERIENCING PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES IN THEIR HOMES DUE TO SPIRITS OR LOST SOULS.

BE WISE!! DON'T INVITE ETERNAL CURSE TO YOURSELF ONTO YOUR 4TH GENERATION BECAUSE OF FOOLISHNESS.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by kelvindj98: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
And why hasn't science found the vaccine yet?
Mumunu Alao
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Serioudeal768: 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
see below
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by jesmond3945: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

It's not easy to eradicate something the world's experiencing for the first time. There's a reason they call it 'novel' coronavirus.

So what's religion doing about eradicating the virus? Why have pastors gone quiet, what happened to their superpowers and miracles?

One of them even blamed technology: 5G!

Yet they're all waiting for science and technology to solve the problem so they can pack their churches full of sheep to milk dry and tell them of how god so loved them that he fought off coronavirus.
who told you is the first time?
What is the cause of SARS and MERS?
They are decieving you that is novel. Tommorow the same corona will prop up and they call it another name. I have siblings in the frontline in Europe, so I know what I am talking about.
People are left to die, immediately they call on God, they are healed. Not everybody has that luxury. Somewhere killed even when they called on God. God only knows best and why
Pastors in Nigeria have misled many. So dont use them as example. There are still many good pastors all over.
The 5g issue is still shrouded in mystery. Can you give me a research article where it is proved beyond doubt that 5g mmWave has no link to sars-corona with verifiable result.
if you cant find such article, then let the world conduct such a research to dispel rumours and not using deductive knowledge.Telling me that 5g builds from 4g is being silly because 5g is revolutionary. The foundation of design is different. Even the antenna uses mmWave band which has never been used before for telecomm.
The only people waiting for this to stop are world leaders because of the economy. The world has moved on through virtual communication.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by mistijude: 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
sirblend:
May God continue to protect Abba Kyari for us..

I wish him quick recovery.
I hope you are really praying with your heart... lolz
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by bigthink(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2020

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Onlyonebuhari: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

Precaution better than cure, stay at home and be safe. 419 pastors on the run.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

Will you keep quiet!

Senseless argument.

The religious leaders are the ones who control your treasury.

Are they the ones you voted for?

Atheism is another word for stupidity.

And it shows in many of you guys' arguments.

Every time you come up with tactics to mock God, you start to display gross stupidity.

What's stops Buhari to challenge the Professors who are just carrying the title up and down without any discovery or invention.

Why can't he gather the best brains and put billions on ground to entice them to start research and come up with A Solution for the world.

No!
It is religious leaders that you will be asking to make a vaccine discovery.

Please don't make me angry this afternoon or else I may skip the next three meals in Anger.

Nonsense and Photosynthesis.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by LordShiva97(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
Like I said earlier, :"an evidence of foggy thinking". But let me make some corrections here :
1.Why would you say "our"...does this include you ? You don't know the Abrhamic God, so stop associating yourself with the "us" terminology. Its hypocritical.
2. Science right now is clueless (just like you); it has no answers. Which is why should keep shut and place your atheistic views asides and let Science or religion( which ever one) come up with answers.

You're pathetic as they come.

1. The pronoun 'our' as used in that context was referring to humanity as a well. Over 90% of the people on earth confesses allegiance or belief in a certain god or in an organized religion. I find it ridiculous that of all things, it's an irrelevant pronoun that you have problems with.

2. In this present crisis, science is not clueless but the same can't be said of religion. All the treatment procedures, medications, medical supplies like surgical masks, ventilators, testing kits and supplies, even protective garb are all products of medical science. Research into mass production of vaccines are already underway in several institutions and they're all products of science. Identification of, research into, diagnosis of and treatment of the novel Coronavirus have all been done by science, in what way has organized religion contributed in the fight against this virus?

And before I forget, religious gatherings are probably the biggest catalysing factor in the spread of this virus.

There's a very big reason why churches, mosques, temples and prayer grounds are all closed while hospitals, medical research labs and all medical facilities are all working around the clock. One is our biggest hope while one is dragging us back.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
LordShiva97:

You're pathetic as they come.

1. The pronoun 'our' as used in that context was referring to humanity as a well. Over 90% of the people on earth confesses allegiance or belief in a certain god or in an organized religion. I find it ridiculous that of all things, it's an irrelevant pronoun that you have problems with.

2. In this present crisis, science is not clueless but the same can't be said of religion. All the treatment procedures, medications, medical supplies like surgical masks, ventilators, testing kits and supplies, even protective garb are all products of medical science. Research into mass production of vaccines are already underway in several institutions and they're all products of science. Identification of, research into, diagnosis of and treatment of the novel Coronavirus have all been done by science, in what way has organized religion contributed in the fight against this virus?

And before I forget, religious gatherings are probably the biggest catalysing factor in the spread of this virus.

There's a very big reason why churches, mosques, temples and prayer grounds are all closed while hospitals, medical research labs and all medical facilities are all working around the clock. One is our biggest hope while one is dragging us back.
Guy, you dey blunder but I'll pretend you don't understand the use of the 1st person pronoun in this situational context so I won't use that against you. So go and sin no more on this. grin). Now you said science isn't clueless. How? Please how? Are you saying that to give yourself hope...are you scared of dying? Lol. Religious institutions are donating and trying are to make life better for all in society. But what has your myopic atheism done so far? What has it done to stop this pandemic...or show it is morally correct, huh? Answer me.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
jesmond3945:

who told you is the first time?

The World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control, the UK Centers for DIsease control, the Nigerian Centers for Disease Control..in short, all the authoritative health bodies.

jesmond3945:

What is the cause of SARS and MERS?

SARS was caused by the SARS-CoV virus, MERS was caused by the MERS-CoV virus, while COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They're all animal coronaviruses that jumped to humans, and while they share similar RNA structure, each is different in its virulence and infectiousness. The SARS-CoV-2 is the novel coronavirus that was just recently discovered.

jesmond3945:

They are decieving you that is novel.

I assume you're authoritative and sufficiently qualified enough to say so?

jesmond3945:

Tommorow the same corona will prop up and they call it another name.

Absolutely.

There are about 1.7 million mystery coronaviruses in animals that are yet to jump to humans, and when they do, they'll be novel.

jesmond3945:

I have siblings in the frontline in Europe, so I know what I am talking about.

Wow. This makes you an authority on COVID-19, I'm sure.

jesmond3945:

People are left to die, immediately they call on God, they are healed.

So why are there tens of thousands dead, even in Italy where the Vatican is located? You mean all those Spaniards and Italians and Americans and British don't know to invoke god?

jesmond3945:

Not everybody has that luxury.

Oh so god's compassion and mercy is now a luxury. Kinda contradicts "for god so loved the world etc"

jesmond3945:

Somewhere killed even when they called on God. God only knows best and why

Must be that luxury thing, then.

jesmond3945:

Pastors in Nigeria have misled many. So dont use them as example. There are still many good pastors all over.

I can't reconcile the last statement with the first. It's either pastors are good, or they're bad. They can't be both and neither at the same time.

jesmond3945:

The 5g issue is still shrouded in mystery.

It's not, really. It's based on standards that's authored by global bodies including the IEC.

jesmond3945:

Can you give me a research article where it is proved beyond doubt that 5g mmWave has no link to sars-corona with verifiable result.

Besides the fact that it's a dumb thing to suggest that mmWave can miraculously create life, it's even worse to suggest that the pandemic is related to 5G when it's found in places where there's no 5G. Viruses are fragments of RNA or DNA covered in protein, and they're simple lifeforms.

Can you provide any authoritative research where it's said that high frequencies create life or proteins or scraps of RNA and DNA?

Can you provide any research where there's an authoritative link between 5G and coronavirus?

Do you even know what 5G means? Like i said earlier, it does not mean high frequency of whatever wavelength, either Sub-6 or mmWave. It simply means 5th generation digital wireless communication. Are you aware that there are 5th generation networks that use low-frequency bandwidths in the megahertz range? WiFi-6 operates in the 6ghz range, even more than Sub-6 5G, yet no one has linked it to any pathogen. EVen WIFI 802.11ac operates at 5Ghz, still no coronavirus there, and I've been using one as my gaming router for 3 years now. The fact is, when it comes to 5G, you've not done any research and instead are parroting the likes of Pastor Chris Creep.

Here's a link that's authoritative to dispel your delirium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51839681

jesmond3945:

if you cant find such article, then let the world conduct such a research to dispel rumours and not using deductive knowledge.

Again, here's a useful link:

jesmond3945:

Telling me that 5g builds from 4g is being silly because 5g is revolutionary. The foundation of design is different. Even the antenna uses mmWave band which has never been used before for telecomm.

Stop being so ignorant. Only 5G NR (New Radio) requires a new antenna system. 5G DSS and Low-Band 5G as well as 5Ge use existing 4G infrastructure. WHen applied to data 5G applies to speed within the wireless Gigabit range. Sure, 5G NR operating on ghz band will be faster, as is any kind of radio transmission. But the mmWave you're so obsessed about is weak and travels extremely short distance, and is blockd even by ordinary trees. Please refer to MKBHD's excellent video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTUs_2hq6Y

jesmond3945:

The only people waiting for this to stop are world leaders because of the economy. The world has moved on through virtual communication.

I don't even know what this means. It's still more inane conspiracy theory faff.

The truth is, anyone who links 5G or non-ionizing radio waves, hell any radio waves for that matter, to the current pandemic sound irredeemably ignorant.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
kelvindj98:

Mumunu Alao
I see you're among those who use cheap narcotics to escape from the harsh realities of life. Keep it up dude. wink
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cti28:

JESUS your name is glorious.

Keep shouting.....
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by rexwalters: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
sapientia:
Those governors relaxing the lockdown for Easter should think twice.
About what? How long can man live in fear?, This is Africa, where are all the so called herbalist, that claim they can send thunder to kill an individual, Empty barrels with all the green leaves & herbs in Nigeria, they can't find a concotion for a virus from a bat that flies around the valleys in Nigeria?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by LordShiva97(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
Guy, you dey blunder but I'll pretend you don't understand the use of the 1st person pronoun in this situational context so I won't use that against you. So go and sin no more on this. grin). Now you said science isn't clueless. How? Please how? Are you saying that to give yourself hope...are you scared of dying? Lol. Religious institutions are donating and trying are to make life better for all in society. But what has your myopic atheism done so far? What has it done to stop this pandemic...or show it is morally correct, huh? Answer me.

I'm confused.
Did you skip number 2 in my last comment?

Religious institutions are making donations and other philanthropic gestures to ease the suffering of their faithfuls in these trying times. That's admirable and praiseworthy. Religious beliefs and teachings provide much needed succor and emotional crutches to it's adherents to ride out this storm. That's something too.

But that's not what I'm asking you. Any organization can make donations. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has probably made more donations than many religious bodies. Every religious faith claims to be the only true path to the one true god. Billions of prayers and pointless religious monologues every day and these true gods with infinite powers can't seem to be able to do anything. They watch powerlessly while their much cherished worship and devotion is interrupted because of a pandemic that they can stop with a nonchalant wave of the hand. They can't even seem to protect their followers and worshipers. Where's all the supernatural powers and abilities that your religions claim it's god possesses?

At the end, it all comes down to science which is a product of human endeavours and wisdom. So much for religions and it's spineless imaginary gods.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Farki: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Okay, from your statements, I have seen something, you are also one of those guys I debate with who love to talk without showing references to back up your claims.

You have been wrong about science disproving the bible, the Greeks (The Greeks were not known for science but were literary scholars and philosophers), even the opposing of the Catholic church and science- When we had Da Vinci, Tycho Brahe, Copernicus, Rene Descartes, Kepler e.t.c who were Catholics and also fathers of modern science.

You now went off the diving board with the generalization and assumptions of your last statement.

Why then should I continue this discourse??

Didn't I reference miraculous healing of the Bible you said didn't exist?

With Christians they demand so much that we disprove things they said when we ask for them to give evidence. When they do give evidence it is always the Bible and very bad science and history.

Your claims of Greeks not being scientists can be easily disproved with a simple search

https://www.ancient.eu/Greek_Science/

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that being an atheist was a very quick way to get killed or exiled in the past. Plus the Catholic Church controlled a large amount of money and garnered the interest literate people. If you weren't on good terms with the church your ideas would be deemed as heresy just ask Galileo.

Just look at the rapid advancements in science once the church wasn't in charge of everything.

Have a look at these atheist scientists who are responsible for a lot of the modern science we use today.
Einstein was not a Christian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Tableshaker007(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher1 post=88323343][/quote]
Guy Epicurus was an aethist.... What did you expect
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
michealewela:

Who created those scientists?

Their God created dem.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by jesmond3945: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

The World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control, the UK Centers for DIsease control, the Nigerian Centers for Disease Control..in short, all the authoritative health bodies.

SARS was caused by the SARS-CoV virus, MERS was caused by the MERS-CoV virus, while COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They're all animal coronaviruses that jumped to humans, and while they share similar RNA structure, each is different in its virulence and infectiousness. The SARS-CoV-2 is the novel coronavirus that was just recently discovered.

I assume you're authoritative and sufficiently qualified enough to say so?

Absolutely.

There are about 1.7 million mystery coronaviruses in animals that are yet to jump to humans, and when they do, they'll be novel.

Wow. This makes you an authority on COVID-19, I'm sure.

So why are there tens of thousands dead, even in Italy where the Vatican is located? You mean all those Spaniards and Italians and Americans and British don't know to invoke god?

Oh so god's compassion and mercy is now a luxury. Kinda contradicts "for god so loved the world etc"

Must be that luxury thing, then.

I can't reconcile the last statement with the first. It's either pastors are good, or they're bad. They can't be both and neither at the same time.

It's not, really. It's based on standards that's authored by global bodies including the IEC.

Besides the fact that it's a dumb thing to suggest that mmWave can miraculously create life, it's even worse to suggest that the pandemic is related to 5G when it's found in places where there's no 5G. Viruses are fragments of RNA or DNA covered in protein, and they're simple lifeforms.

Can you provide any authoritative research where it's said that high frequencies create life or proteins or scraps of RNA and DNA?

Can you provide any research where there's an authoritative link between 5G and coronavirus?

Do you even know what 5G means? Like i said earlier, it does not mean high frequency of whatever wavelength, either Sub-6 or mmWave. It simply means 5th generation digital wireless communication. Are you aware that there are 5th generation networks that use low-frequency bandwidths in the megahertz range? WiFi-6 operates in the 6ghz range, even more than Sub-6 5G, yet no one has linked it to any pathogen. EVen WIFI 802.11ac operates at 5Ghz, still no coronavirus there, and I've been using one as my gaming router for 3 years now. The fact is, when it comes to 5G, you've not done any research and instead are parroting the likes of Pastor Chris Creep.

Here's a link that's authoritative to dispel your delirium.

Again, here's a useful link:

Stop being so ignorant. Only 5G NR (New Radio) requires a new antenna system. 5G DSS and Low-Band 5G as well as 5Ge use existing 4G infrastructure. WHen applied to data 5G applies to speed within the wireless Gigabit range. Sure, 5G NR operating on ghz band will be faster, as is any kind of radio transmission. But the mmWave you're so obsessed about is weak and travels extremely short distance, and is blockd even by ordinary trees. Please refer to MKBHD's excellent video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTUs_2hq6Y

I don't even know what this means. It's still more inane conspiracy theory faff.

The truth is, anyone who links 5G or non-ionizing radio waves, hell any radio waves for that matter, to the current pandemic sound irredeemably ignorant.
You mean organizations currently fighting themselves that the US president want to stop funding because of their incompetence? embarassed

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/scientists-compare-novel-coronavirus-to-sars-and-mers-viruses-67088
The above link will show you that corona and sars are the same thing.

[b]There are about 1.7 million mystery coronaviruses in animals that are yet to jump to humans, and when they do, they'll be novel.
where is the evidence of this

When I mean 'luxury', I mean not everyone is healed some die in the process. Even the Bible such happened. Paul was sick but he wasn't healed 2 Cor 12 vs 9

[b]I can't reconcile the last statement with the first. It's either pastors are good, or they're bad. They can't be both and neither at the same time[b]
statement from a naive mind.

If it is based on standard authored by IEC, then why are the Americans and Chinese fighting over it? Why are they not rolling out massively like they did with 4g?

I hope you know viruses can spread through human to human infection? so if one person has corona it is just a matter of days it would spread even when there is no 5g. We are not saying 5g is the only issue of spread rather the mortality rate.

[b]Can you provide any authoritative research where it's said that high frequencies create life or proteins or scraps of RNA and DNA?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/095530096145814?casa_token=M8iiW2IBoGoAAAAA:8YWrRLoaagJdrNRU8KftBFhgx59z1Yr05thIotKhAO4Rgokeo3pjmNrj7iK8zkQdMCK9eKEXMhQm

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/09553002.2015.997896?casa_token=qi7NGjbFYFQAAAAA%3AlhZBW1V1kJtC7gjB7q8oiR33yecHFuxbqqTfkhTec2cNeD18GmmKPmRTG5s94649QevgRekCFfn2

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/09553002.2015.1028599?casa_token=ET-W-JhfrNwAAAAA%3AmFuRqYdjNZVpDpCV5_HMKCv8Ogp_qQXq_J-LYjnxg-u7LdEScEcklhGPeE1EoCqKsHLrdEt1JBlR

Let them radiate a cell infected with the virus with mmwave then we can conclude there is no link.

Let me educate you my friend. 5g just means a version of telecomm where your antenna uses a control theoretical based design of Multiple input and Multiple output and radiates within the mmWave band which has never been used before in order to have unparalled bandwidth. To you a layman they call it 5g.

Am telling you to give me a research article and you are giving me bbc link, are you okay?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Oga you have not countered anything. And you have jumped into all sorts of assumptions already with your last statements.

Someone up there asked the same question and I already provided an excerpt of a scientific journal on the majority being religious and how it influences their practice.

The majority of dem in our generatio aren't religious oga, they are predominantly atheists n irreligious people.

It was only in the olden days that there were mostly Christian's, back in the days wen the atheist n irreligious movement was none existent.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

Didn't I reference miraculous healing of the Bible you said didn't exist?

With Christians they demand so much that we disprove things they said when we ask for them to give evidence. When they do give evidence it is always the Bible and very bad science and history.

Your claims of Greeks not being scientists can be easily disproved with a simple search

https://www.ancient.eu/Greek_Science/

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that being an atheist was a very quick way to get killed or exiled in the past. Plus the Catholic Church controlled a large amount of money and garnered the interest literate people. If you weren't on good terms with the church your ideas would be deemed as heresy just ask Galileo.

Just look at the rapid advancements in science once the church wasn't in charge of everything.

Have a look at these atheist scientists who are responsible for a lot of the modern science we use today.
Einstein was not a Christian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

Einstein was not an Atheist Sir. And he wasnt a founding father of modern science. (See his quote in the screenshot below)

Secondly, you didnt read the link you posted. Its says the greeks built their science on the foundations of the babylonians and Egyptians. And out of that came Greek philosophers like Aristotle e.t.c your link also ended up with some of Greek science methods being flawed.

Like I said earlier those who started the science of old, belived in Gods as shown in the link you posted. There were no Atheists in Babylonian and Old Egyptian times. Please do a research on the history of Atheism.

Also, your talk on the advancement of science without the Church has no basis.

Lastly, wikipedia is not a source of credible information when it comes to scientific debates. So always get links from elsewhere. (Especially scientific journals or press releases).

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Oracle23:

The majority of dem in our generatio aren't religious oga, they are predominantly atheists n irreligious people.

It was only in the olden days that there were mostly Christian's, back in the days wen the atheist n irreligious movement was none existent.

Give backing to your claims sir.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
LordShiva97:

I'm confused.
Did you skip number 2 in my last comment?

Religious institutions are making donations and other philanthropic gestures to ease the suffering of their faithfuls in these trying times. That's admirable and praiseworthy. Religious beliefs and teachings provide much needed succor and emotional crutches to it's adherents to ride out this storm. That's something too.

But that's not what I'm asking you. Any organization can make donations. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has probably made more donations than many religious bodies. Every religious faith claims to be the only true path to the one true god. Billions of prayers and pointless religious monologues every day and these true gods with infinite powers can't seem to be able to do anything. They watch powerlessly while their much cherished worship and devotion is interrupted because of a pandemic that they can stop with a nonchalant wave of the hand. They can't even seem to protect their followers and worshipers. Where's all the supernatural powers and abilities that your religions claim it's god possesses?

At the end, it all comes down to science which is a product of human endeavours and wisdom. So much for religions and it's spineless imaginary gods.

I'll assume you can read. So I'll ask you the question once more :what has atheisim done in helping humanity in combating the covid-19 pandemic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant / Flood ‘chases’ Corpses Out Of Mortuary In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.