Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (57878 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID 19: Another Nigerian Health Worker In The USA Dies Of The Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Cti28(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

He's busy on a call....

Jesus the great healer, Your name is a refuge and a strong hold. You ever remain faithful.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by GermanMelania: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
brodalikeme:

Why seek the intervention of a God you don’t believe in. Even if He were a machinery, you will have to believe in Him and pay Him to get the job done.

No. Technology works whether you believe or not.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by infogeneral: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
They should mention the name of the hospital so that people who have been there recently can quickly go for test or self isolation. When we keep hiding information, then we are not to defeat the virus.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

1 Kings 17:17-24

2nd Kings 5:14.

Matt 9:19-21.

Acts 3:6-10.

Luke 5:17.

1 Tim 5:23

Maty 15:38

Rom 11:20

Like 4: 25_29

Deuteronomy 24:8-9

Lastly, read the whole book of Numbers.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by fof1: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Sad! Where is Christian God when you need him the most?

UR ATHEISM WILL SURPRISE YOU AND IT MAY BE TOO LATE. YOUR SPITEFUL BEHAVIOUR AMOUNTS TO HYPOCRISY AND SATANISM. U WILL SURELY BE STURNED. WATCH OUT.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cti28:

Jesus the great healer, Your name is a refuge and a strong hold. You ever remain faithful.

Covid-19 says nope
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by BananaPeel(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
He's closer to those who believe Him.
Those who seek Him always find Him. But you question the God you don't believe in. Why not seek him while you are young now and he will give you peace. Don't just come to nairaland and say things to disrespect or disregard the only true God. He's not just the Christian God but the God of the universe. If you won't serve Him, then don't question Him.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by okeyfrank: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
destinychildolu:
But who could probably be in a private hospital receiving treatment? Keep guessing
Aba Kyari?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Farki: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

1 Tim 5:23

Maty 15:38

Rom 11:20

Like 4: 25_29

Deuteronomy 24:8-9

Lastly, read the whole book of Numbers.

So what you are telling me is that science works. Alcoholic beverages were mixed with water to prevent disease for thousands of years. These practices are not unique to Christianity. I am however yet to see the miracles reproduced for all to see.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nehyooh(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Father Lord Please !

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by jesmond3945: 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

It affords you the opportunity to be educated so you don't end up a caveman. It also gave you the opportunity to hold in your hands a device with which to make asinine comments about the usefulness of science
i mean to eradicate corona?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Cti28(m): 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

Covid-19 says nope
Jesus is the great healer.
His name is powerful than any force in this world.
How I love that name;
It brings peace that transcends all understanding;
My hope rest on Him even at the gate of death.
Oh how I long to see His blessed and glorious face; To dwell in his presence all through eternity.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Indelibleword(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Those asking where Jesus is because of Corona death; Jesus is alive. When He was calling men to stop fornicating, cheating, lying, gossiping, and all manner of abominations, where were they? The LORD knows those who are His, let everyone who calls on the name of the LORD depart from iniquity (2Tim 2:19). Seek the LORD while He may be found call on Him while He is near, ( Isaiah 55:6). Those whom God had shown His love, but they mocked Him and ridicule Him will not see Him in their own times of trouble except they acknowledge Him first and then seek Him.
This is not the time to taunt Jesus, it is time to humble ourselves and seek his love and mercy. He will yet answer you in power.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nice365: 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

It's not done overnight

And it's because of science you even know it's a virus causing Covid-19.

Without science you'd attribute it to demons.
You're very intelligent, you understand the foolishness of your people. Cheers.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by LordShiva97(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shelumiel:
And why hasn't science found the vaccine yet?

You want to digress from the impotence of the christian god.What does science having not developed the vaccine yet have to do with the fact that the Abrahamic god is totally useless whenever he's needed most?

A vaccine development is a slow process and scientists are already working on it, many samples are currently beign tested and it's hoped that by this time next year, a vaccine will be available.

What has your god done so far?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by canDy4eva(f): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

May heaven have mercy on you!
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by canDy4eva(f): 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
brodalikeme:

Why seek the intervention of a God you don’t believe in. Even if He were a machinery, you will have to believe in Him and pay Him to get the job done.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cti28:

Jesus is the great healer.
His name is powerful than any force in this world.
How I love that name;
It brings peace that transcends all understanding;
My hope rest on Him even at the gate of death.
Oh how I long to see His blessed and glorious face; To dwell in his presence all through eternity.

Here you go

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Farki:

So what you are telling me is that science works. Alcoholic beverages were mixed with water to prevent disease for thousands of years. These practices are not unique to Christianity. I am however yet to see the miracles reproduced for all to see.

Because you have not seen a miracle doesn't mean others havent seen Mr. Man.

One of the scriptures I quoted there has already answered your question.

And until you can prove that not a single soul in the whole world has encountered a miracle from God, then you don't have an argument.

And you talk of science as if it somehow denies the existence of God and it separates itself from God. When all science does is try to understand the "how" of the laws of the universe put in place by an intelligent mind.

Btw, when the science of old started, there were no irreligious humans. All believed in a certain higher being or beings which ushered them into all manner discoveries as some tried to combine that with what they called magic.

If we are talking of modern science, then that was also started by Christians.

So mentioning science and its discoveries does not help the argument against a God.

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Shelumiel: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
LordShiva97:

You want to digress from the impotence of the christian god.What does science having not developed the vaccine yet have to do with the fact that the Abrahamic god is totally useless whenever he's needed most?

A vaccine development is a slow process and scientists are already working on it, many samples are currently beign tested and it's hoped that by this time next year, a vaccine will be available.

What has your god done so far?
Your comment is an evidence of foggy thinking. But just wind back a bit and let me get this straight :
1.why would you be waiting for the Abrahamic God since you don't believe in Him?
2. Most of those scientists out there are probably Christians (who serve the Abrahamic God), so why do you want to cash-in on what they are doing? Or don't have atheist have their thing on which they call on.... cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
jesmond3945:
i mean to eradicate corona?

It's not easy to eradicate something the world's experiencing for the first time. There's a reason they call it 'novel' coronavirus.

So what's religion doing about eradicating the virus? Why have pastors gone quiet, what happened to their superpowers and miracles?

One of them even blamed technology: 5G!

Yet they're all waiting for science and technology to solve the problem so they can pack their churches full of sheep to milk dry and tell them of how god so loved them that he fought off coronavirus.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Cti28(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

Here you go
Oh Jesus you are from everlasting to everlasting. You name is strong tower. You are not a man; Your dominion extend to all generation, maybe declear Thee unblamed.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher1 post=88324978][/quote] You never thank him anyway!!!
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by TheKingIsHere: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
I thought church is a healing centre. let them heal let's see

If the church was always healing, then what will be the function of the hospitals, doctors and nurses?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cti28:

Oh Jesus you are from everlasting to everlasting. You name is strong tower. You are not a man; Your dominion extend to all generation, maybe declear the unblamed.

Really?

Looks like a man to me

And that's the same fella who refers to himself as the "son of man".

And why's he sleeping if he's not a man? He looks pretty tired and probably needs that sleep.

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by mavick2020: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
cenaman:
Not again.

The miracles working pastors where, thy at?
. Na wao ! where are the so- called Miracle working Pastors? They have all vamossed. Nairalanders have you noticed that lately?
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Cti28(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

Really?

Looks like a man to me

And that's the same fella who refers to himself as the "son of man".

And why's he sleeping if he's not a man? He looks pretty tired and probably needs that sleep.

How sweet the name of Jesus sound;
He is the pillar that holds my life;
His dominion extends to all generation.
To Him be honour, glory and power forever.
Oh Jesus! How I love to sing that name.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cti28:

How sweet the name of Jesus sound;
He is the pillar that holds my life;
His dominion extends to all generation.
To Him honour, glory and power forever.
Oh Jesus! How I love to sing that name.

Sorry, still can't hear you.

Maybe when he wakes?

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Cti28(m): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
Neoteny7:

Sorry, still can't hear you.

Maybe when he wakes?
JESUS your name is glorious.
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Farki: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Because you have not seen a miracle doesn't mean others havent seen Mr. Man.

One of the scriptures I quoted there has already answered your question.

And until you can prove that not a single soul in the whole world has encountered a miracle from God, then you don't have an argument.

And you talk of science as if it somehow denies the existence of God and it separates itself from God. When all science does is try to understand the "how" of the laws of the universe put in place by an intelligent mind.

Btw, when the science of old started, there were no irreligious humans. All believed in a certain higher being or beings which ushered them into all manner discoveries as some tried to combine that with what they called magic.

If we are talking of modern science, then that was also started by Christians.

So mentioning science and its discoveries does not help the argument against a God.

I only need repeatable and testable evidence that faith healing works. So far there has been none aside from the tales by the moonlight you expect me to swallow from your religious texts. If I were to think this way about everything then any mythical story would be treated as valid until disproved. Can you disprove that Jack and the beanstalk?

Science has shown that many of the claims in the bible are false and not more valid than the claims of other religions. The 7 day creation story and great flood were shown to be nothing more than myths.

Science was started by the Greeks not Christians. Modern science was started during the Age of Enlightenment where scholars opposed the dogmatic reasoning of the Catholic Church.

Even today Christians deny science of evolution,astronomy, 5G and stem cell research. Belief in the supernatural does not follow the scientific processes just adults in dresses playing make believe under the guise of 'having faith'.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by ChelseaDr(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
In a private hospital? Let me comeand be going
Re: COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos by Adex2442: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

I rebuke u Satan. Where's yr own God??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fertility Clinics In Lagos Pay N50k For Sperm - Doctor Tells Masturbators / Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.