Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks (35909 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets / Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by kem46952: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by kem46952: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Tonybill25: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
hmmmmmmmm it's well
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by michoim(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Anambra people don start again...
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by fedebs: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Nathphil(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by nsiba: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know why but I am not a public health worker, although I should have made a complaint to the Public health office in the Rivers State Ministry of Health.

However, I believe if a survey is made on the amount of daily death in Nigeria, many will shiver. That is, those dying of "just a brief illness".

I think when we take a survey from all public hospitals, we will sit up with addressing public health standards in the country. You can imagine during a pandemic, we are still not carrying out tests to determine the severity.
Look there is no way deaths of similar patterns won't raise dust and doctors won't know.
The Nigeria population commission will give you the number of birth rate and date rate not to talkb about the Nigeria Medical Association
Just keep praying and believing we will overcome this better than every other nation not for d sake of our leaders but for u n me

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by blowjohn(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
patriotic007:
This covid 19 pandemic issue in Nigeria is not clear to me
1)Why is it that politician are the ones bringing out the figures? At least we should be briefed by a well known doctor on what they are going through, the dangers health workers are passing through in attending to this large numbers of allegedly infected people,And what they need in order to perform their duties.
2)Why is it that no single clip or pics of this covid-19 patients on sick beds or ICU beds has surfaced on the media space in Nigeria, the way we see it on CNN and other foreign media instead of showing us chats of yellow green and red.
3)Where are the dead covid-19 patients buried? And. Why don't they show their remains been moved from the hospital like we see in other countries that really have this covid-19.
4)Why do some states have the same figure of infected people for more than a week now?does it mean that the first case didn't interact with anyone at all.?
5)Why haven't we heard of a single health worker been infected yet in Nigeria with our weak health care system and insufficient protective kits,or is it not the health workers taking care of the large figures of infected people?

The more u look the less u see
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by blowjohn(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
fedebs:

Public his name, picture and phone number. Lets track him down.

Abeg no do like hunter oooo
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by mysteryman2014: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cirilla:
All this devastation could have been contained if china was honest and forth-coming with the world. .....

They have to be held responsible.
If not , they'll continue their ways. ....

Man Up , chinese dictator !
They must pay dearly. This has been costly to the WORLD. This was released from the military lab next to market. It was released to attack a certain age group. It's a designed virus. Make them pay. There is no words to describe what this country did, or should I say it’s regime! I see it as the biggest Terrorist act ever against Humanity! And the world needs to come together on it and make this scrupulous country pay! Who acts like it did nothing wrong and keeps doing what it did before! Make them pay for their gambit to become the 'one and only sun' as they recently put it, while sowing death and misery around the world. The bottom line is economic warfare whether deliberate or by allowing the 'accidental release' to spread globally for months while lying and denying They are a dangerous country feel sorry for the common people that have to live there you have a dictator in Russia you have a crazy leader in North Korea what you have in China is a leader who does not care about the people I am trying to figure out is this going to go on till we Blow each other Up Boy this is a strange World we live in.
Meanwhile the Messiah have found a cure

A lot of conspiracy theories on this Corona virus. Who stands to gain from the demarketing of 5G. China stand loses because it is way ahead of America in 5G development.

Maybe after the whole pandemic wears out, more facts will reveal the real truth about Covid-19.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Essential(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cirilla:
All this devastation could have been contained if china was honest and forth-coming with the world. .....

They have to be held responsible.
If not , they'll continue their ways. ....

Man Up , chinese dictator !
They must pay dearly. This has been costly to the WORLD. This was released from the military lab next to market. It was released to attack a certain age group. It's a designed virus. Make them pay. There is no words to describe what this country did, or should I say it’s regime! I see it as the biggest Terrorist act ever against Humanity! And the world needs to come together on it and make this scrupulous country pay! Who acts like it did nothing wrong and keeps doing what it did before! Make them pay for their gambit to become the 'one and only sun' as they recently put it, while sowing death and misery around the world. The bottom line is economic warfare whether deliberate or by allowing the 'accidental release' to spread globally for months while lying and denying They are a dangerous country feel sorry for the common people that have to live there you have a dictator in Russia you have a crazy leader in North Korea what you have in China is a leader who does not care about the people I am trying to figure out is this going to go on till we Blow each other Up Boy this is a strange World we live in.
Meanwhile the Messiah have found a cure
go chop shit with your baseless theory.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Peters95: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
I will like to debunk this news. The man who tested positive has been moved to General Hospital Onitsha. Please verify before posting what you no nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Xisnin(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
mvem:
two doctors in Akwa Ibom contacted it, they were part of the 5 cases in Akwa Ibom...I know this first hand, it is no scam
He will not believe you.
He wants to hear that thousands die so he can blame the government.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Provie(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
patriotic007:
1)Why is it that politician are the ones bringing out the figures? At least we should be briefed by a well known doctor on what they are going through, the dangers health workers are passing through in attending to this large numbers of allegedly infected people,And what they need in order to perform their duties.
2)Why is it that no single clip or pics of this covid-19 patients on sick beds or ICU beds has surfaced on the media space in Nigeria, the way we see it on CNN and other foreign media instead of showing us chats of yellow green and red.
3)Where are the dead covid-19 patients buried? And. Why don't they show their remains been moved from the hospital like we see in other countries that really have this covid-19.
4)Why do some states have the same figure of infected people for more than a week now?does it mean that the first case didn't interact with anyone at all.?
5)Why haven't we heard of a single health worker been infected yet in Nigeria with our weak health care system and insufficient protective kits,or is it not the health workers taking care of the large figures of infected people?
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by alezzy13: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
ehhmah:

Before giving yourself a pat on your back...

Think about this? How do you think the data’ will show up, without collation..

So many people have it, here in Nigeria.
Many will recover unknowingly...
Then there you go..

Duh. We know that already. Data shows about 80% will recover.

However, Even if you somehow manage to hide cases, can you really hide DEATHS??

So the point he's making, valid one at that, is that we are actually faring a lot better than countries which recorded their first cases and deaths about the same time we did.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by DADDY2or3FISHES: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have noticed that people in isolation are always trying to escape
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Serioudeal768: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
see below
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by alezzy13: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
cooooooks:
Our numbers water low because we aren't testing people.

We also have a culture of not knowing the cause of death. 'Sudden deaths' or 'strange illnesses' are routinely blamed on villagers, witches, the devil, our mothers in law, etc.

So how many "sudden deaths' have you heard of recently.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by gretblue: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Something is definitely wrong.

Their is a scam going on the Nigeria about this Covid

The trend is not realistic and consistent.

Its either they are treating malaria and calling it Covid, or they just using numbers to scam.
Don't die of ignorance.
In Malaria test: They use blood sample
In Covid 19: it's single swab use for throat then nose.
They are different laboratory tests
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Finest641(f): 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dear lord!
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by vinsilva(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Twoclans:

Stone throw ke ?
The two town are closer than a stone throw,infact st Joseph's hospital Adazi Nnukwu is on the border of the two towns
You sabi the place wella. I do worship at the chapel in the hospital during Christmas holidays.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by themanderon: 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Audio tracing. Thought they said the state's on lockdown how did he get in
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Agugbadin: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Firstly punch is not a newspaper but a propaganda machine full of lies.

As reported by Vanguard

Coronavirus: Fresh facts emerge on Anambra’s index case

FRESH facts have emerged that the COVID-19 index case discovered in Anambra State on Friday actually visited the two major cities of Awka and Onitsha before traveling to his home town, Adazi in Anaocha local government area and was admitted at St Joseph’s Hospital in the town.

“The case was first treated as a mild malaria unknowingly at Regina-Caeli Hospital, Awka. He left and later traveled to Onitsha, before returning to Adazi-Nnukwu hospital where it was finally suspected to be Covic-19, after exhibiting the symptoms. “Result came in and it was positive,” Sunday Vanguard was told yesterday.

Our source could not confirm if the index case visited any hospital in Onitsha, or other places he visited in the city before returning to Adazi.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/coronavirus-fresh-facts-emerge-on-anambras-index-case/?fbclid=IwAR0Bffxr9x5R584q35N1lCF-lVnkugITIUQ0M1_reDBZITISkCq9TFSM1PU

Secondly Nigeria Police men are bunch of disgrace to security system. Entrust your life to them and die early. Collecting bribe has made them inefficient in everything.

Thirdly, If truly the index case has disappeared. Security should shoot him at sight anywhere he is seen. I hate people exhibiting wicked attitudes. Are you running to spread it to people instead of moving in to be handled effectively and save other lives.

He must be a wicked soul if it is true that he has disappeared.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by crackhouse(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
I am sure it was the soldiers at bridge head that caused this. They close the place in the day and in the night they collect 2k from each vehicle to give them pass.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Zane2point4(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jaycew:

But I’m in Owerri and everywhere seem to be quiet, at least my area. Although people here don’t believe it’s real
Ya its quiet,but buses are codedly conveying ppl to Onitsha.
Afterall how was the infected person from anambra able to transport himsef to frm lag to onitsha?
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by SciLab: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
His name should be made public if continues to evade the authorities and he should be shot at sight if he refuses to present himself for Isolation.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Galactico4ever(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hausaboy239:
Why will he disappear knowing the danger he is going to put other people’s lives in?
Oya where are his brothers?
Come and start shouting Igbo Amaka!!
He has made you proud!
Check the first comment
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by yomislim: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
patriotic007:
you are in my head bro!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by SciLab: 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

America has tested 2,538,888 people, Nigeria has only tested 5,000 people. That is the difference. We need to seriously start testing.

Wahala dey o. Serious wahala dey. I have advocated that they should fund and partner with some private medical laboratories to achieve mass testing, dem no hear.

Even if it is one laboratory per local government, the man power is there. Employ more Medical lab Scientists and deploy them to designated labs. Even if those labs do have the PCR machines and testing kits, use some of the labs as collection centres where people can go and submit samples, when the samples are collected, send the samples to the nearest central PCR labs and send back the results electronically, so that positive cases can be Isolated immediately.

I'm really afraid.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by deltateam: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ctorch:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-index-case-whereabouts-unknown-as-anambra-closes-motor-parks/?fbclid=IwAR00vmxvHybHxFsqEe04Jk-LLYjQc2s1ogFwGNg6Ri02SMkl-fme5meUfg8

This must be a joke. You did a test for a deadly communicable virus, it came out positive. You did not place the individual under close surveillance?

All the monies being contributed for this fight, how do these people use it then?
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Do mass testing, no one wants to listen.

This kind of attitude is disappointing. Channel funds towards mass testing, Isolate and treat.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

I hear the testing is way too expensive.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks by Smartwave: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
I wonder how Biafra Republic will look like?? The real Zoo people.

Now he will infect more people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From All Ebola Virus Updates / Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” / What Would You Do First & Differently When Coronavirus Lockdown Is Lifted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.