Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” (35916 Views)

Hotels, School Dormitories To Be Used As Isolation Centres - FG / Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians / It Takes A Month To Treat A Coronavirus Patient - Osagie Ehanire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Abolaji2709: 2:02pm On May 01, 2020
The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, on Thursday, appealed to Nigerians to donate their buildings as isolation centres.

Ehanire made the appeal at the press briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.

He said as the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control aimed to test two million people in the next three months more buildings would be needed as isolation centres.

The minister stated, “I have appealed to citizens to make their property available temporarily for this purpose. I am sure that after that, there are many property owners who will come up and donate to state governments for a period of time to be used for this function.

“We are not out of space now but we are making the appeal ahead of time so that we have these facilities ready.”

Ehanire said that he was aware that the hazard allowance of health workers in the frontline of COVID-19 fight was being negotiated, but said that it did not include that of environmental health personnel.

Ehanire stated also that test capacity of the 15 laboratories in Nigeria had reached 2500. He, therefore, called on Nigerians to take advantage of the facilities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/donate-your-buildings-as-isolation-centres-minister-begs-nigerians/%3famp=1

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by vGerizued(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2020
He should start by donating his numerous landed properties and his allowances grin grin

729 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Abolaji2709: 2:32pm On May 01, 2020
vGerizued:
He should start by donating his numerous landed properties and his allowances grin grin
That'll be a good idea cheesy

338 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by 9jatriot(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2020
Why do the press or bloggers like twisting news. Except this is a new request, what I know they said was they may move into a model where they start treating victims at home in case isolation centres become overwhelmed.
That is like inhouse patient in homes that are big enough for patient to be able to isolate themselves.
I fear bloggers sha

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Yenefer(f): 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
This guy and the NCDC boss is the reason I'm angry with Buhari since the beginning of this pandemic. How did he give this position to our enemies baffles me.. people who always wish something bad to happens to this country, and been employed to sensitive position. We will not accept this... Buhari should fire them, let's them go and work for lamidi kamu.

PS No I-pigs should mention me

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by ExAngel007(f): 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
They can start by using all those empty buildings in F.C.T

174 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Toosure70: 2:56pm On May 01, 2020
what happen to these universities and college buildings.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 01, 2020
Shame Shame shame
Spits on our leaders
Stupid people elect stupid leaders

50 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Sinerman: 3:05pm On May 01, 2020
Lol. We are in for some shit. Inept government.

6 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
Before telling others to donate why doesn't he donate his property first

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Saintvictorujah(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
Mumu govt

6 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by olaric(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
What's wrong with using all those seized houses scattered across the country? A country where its citizens sleep under the bridge and pack themselves in face me I face you apartment; how can this government be this unreasonable?

Always begging for one thing or the other. Begged for test kits, begged for money, and now begging for houses: shaking my head.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Abaman001(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
Federal government with their dump reasonings all the time, what happened to all the government abandoned estates, is this not the best time to convert most of those buildings to an Isolation centres, plus, all the audio seized buildings by EFCC.....

13 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Onyekachi419(f): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
All those audio money wetin them use am do grin
Nigerian government will embarrass you

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Jokerman(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Hypocrite...

Why not start from yours, then trickle it down to tinubu, kalu, gej, Buhari etc?

15 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Nigeriabiafra80: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Idiots everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Donald3d(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
grin
Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Leaders should lead by examples, all those in the upper and lower chamber should donate theirs first

14 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Mtcheeww.. So na we the citizens suppose dey do una work for una abi? Orí yín ti dàrú.. undecided

PS: If citizens will make their properties available as isolation centres, it should be out of their freewill, not because you clueless and incompetent people are compelling them to..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by ishitinyourmouf: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
k

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by TreasureTayo(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Start From Aso rock. All reps should use their houses as well!!!

11 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Inno4ly: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
Lead by example, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by CrazyMan(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
But Ganduje rejected the one kwankwaso donated to him na. So how are we sure that ours would be accepted?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by stanley99a(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
This government is a joke

7 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
What of those siezed lekki&abuja buildings?

8 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Starraysfarm8: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
cheesy
nonsense talk, ganduje should collect kwankwaso hospital donation first.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by tolexy007(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
grin but Gandolllar prefer Donation in Dollars

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Kemimarch16(f): 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
I laughed in Spanish,they must be joking

2 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
We have alot of land here on Nairaland, just book as much as you can for the future grin grin

Government that cannot give but to beggy beggy

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by officialfysh(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
So where are all the billions given to them going; can’t they buy properties and turn them to isolation centres?

5 Likes

Re: Osagie Ehanire To Nigerians: “Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres” by Oshkosch: 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
Mr. Minister come and take my house and use for isolation.

Good riddance

Mtchew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Would You Do First & Differently When Coronavirus Lockdown Is Lifted? / The 10 Most Abused Drugs In Africa / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.