Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China (52286 Views)

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years / EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine / Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Neoteny7:

Predict kini?

It's plain as day those sound bites will be made in the aftermath

India does not yet have close to the factories, resources, talent, and decades of experience as China has.

I think the most that'd be moved out of China will be critical supply chains involving medical supplies.

Everything else will remain in China.

Relax. There is Japan now. And even Taiwan and HK. Those don't have experience china has right? grin
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2020
gimakon:

Hahahahahah I'm laughing.

Why are you laughing?
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2020
t00dugged:
Good. All the china defenders doing copy and paste on every thread about how Western propaganda is painting China bad will avoid this thread.
Japan since second world war is American bitch.
Japan and south Korea are American bitches.
In the middleeast, Saudi, UAE, Jordan, Egypt and Israel are American bitches.
So these must do everything USA wants in order to ensure that China is brought down.
USA claims to have Allies and friends but the USA get jealous and mad whenever any of their friends wants to rise militarily and economically.
The USA have naval Base in southern Japan.
It means Japan is occupied.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nuzo1(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2020
Monjerk:

You have a very valid point here, their supply chain was disrupted which can post a very serious treat to the system.
You have a final product C which is being manufactured in Japan for consumption and export, you have some input to the final product A&B which are being manufactured in China, now China have issue and stop manufacturing A&B, Japan doesn't have issue but can't manufacture C, because A&B is not fourth coming from China. So why not move A&B manufacturing to Japan. This is what Japan is trying to do, so this will post serious Govt. Relationship issue as many are thinking.

US case might not be too similar with Japanese case, but am sure after the whole issue, US will do something, China can't just go free, if they have any hand in this virus issue.

The Japanese are not trying to move A&B manufacturing back to Japan. They will only move a tiny fraction, while the bigger fraction moves to some south east Asian countries like Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand etc.

Japan can't afford to go back to low end manufacturing in Japan. For decades, it has been hi-tech or nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by MrBONE2(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2020
t00dugged:
Good. All the china defenders doing copy and paste on every thread about how Western propaganda is painting China bad will avoid this thread.
grin

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by GamalNasser: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Btruth:
.......and why can't they move productions back to the US? To your tent everybody.

To keep pollution low
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2020
Amotekun777:
Immigration rules to be relaxed worldwide to enable more cheap labor at the expense of China.
is not by relaxing immigration laws to let other immigrants to come in.
Who can work as effective as the Chinese?
The only people who came close are Indians but in terms of working effectively the Chinese are ahead.
China will still remain the world factory.

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2020
sharone21:

After all India is a political enemy of China
and when India start rising,the USA will start fighting the Indians and the cycle of envy continues

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Realtizzy(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2020
vioment:

Thank you. I appreciate your appreciation.

I don't consider myself an intellect, but I just know that Nigeria can be in a league of its own if we rise to our collective potential especially when we implement discipline and wisdom. That will also help Africa grow.

We are more than capable of greatness but we choose to wallow in pity and insignificance.
We younger generation believing in Nigeria is a step forward towards a greater Nigeria and i see that in you which is admirable
We have like minds and i will make a good friend
Can we link up on twitter ?

3 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2020
Isinweke:

Why are you laughing?

It's funny. All I see is a weak country called china especially when slammed several upcoming bans in future.
With exit of Taiwan and HK, I wonder where your superpower china is going.
Hong Kong does most of the technology china has. Those serious Catterpilars are exported from Taiwan. China is left with only Macau to build again.
That's why I am laughing. Na vex trump go use give most of these nations independence now especially Taiwan. grin

5 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2020
onecoder:

I'm not sure you've heard of biological warfare. This is not the first time a virus will originate from China
and this is not the fourth time a virus is originating from the USA.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nuzo1(m): 8:39am On Apr 12, 2020
Gerrard59:

Please don't make me laugh. Singapore? Abeg, she knows her limits. She's not a leader in her region, it's the wider region she should become one? India and most likely Japan not Singapore would be best placed to take over from China.

Your statement is also laughable.

Economic leadership by regions is also in categories.

When it comes to hi-tech manufacturing and service, trust me, Singapore is one of the top leaders in that category.

Singapore is not looking forward to having low paying jobs and low and environmental degrading manufacturing back into their country. Lee Kuan Yew already got rid of such line of production from Singapore in the 70s.

Just like France, Japan USA etc,... Singapore outsources low and medium tech production. It's been hi-tech for over 3 decades now.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:39am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
You are a rookie. The Japanese economy was in deflation for over 25 years and it is still in stagnation till today.
no friend of USA really progresses.
Even if you are Israel,you will still need help.
Even if you are south Korea,you will need defence path with USA and you pay the USA for security against your regional brothers.
I don't know why people are not seeing through the Americans

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Sufisunni: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2020
grandstar:
Is this right or wrong? I can't yet say but my instinct says it's wrong. The Japanese government should not give handouts for companies to leave China.

China would appreciate any country that stands with it in this time of calamity. Japan seems to have blatantly done the opposite as though taking the gloves off when there was no need to wear them in the first place.

Yes, China's land grabs has soured relations with Japan but that's another issue altogether. The true belligerent is China's head of state who has a conservative no nensense alienate-your-neighbours attitude to things.

I suspect once he's gone, China will return to its peaceful-rise policy which the present head has thrown out through the window.
It's dangerous for the world for China to be the only major manufacturer. People are trying to spread their manufacturing across different countries, so that when there is problem in one country, the supply chain will continue without much disruption. Just imagine, someone losing 10 billion dollars within two new months!
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2020
SoNature:
E don dey happen

China is using its cheap labor and expertise to attract the rest of the world, thus stimulating her economy

This is the time for another Asian country, probably Singapore, to take the place of China

If China does not do more to clean up this mess, many countries may pull their companies out of the Mainland

I cannot wait to see how Donald Trump will tackle Beijing at the end of coronavirus pandemic and his reelection
what will Trump do?
Nothing absolutely.
China isn't a small snake you kill with a a small stick
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 12, 2020
SavageBoy:

Here is another clown whose sense of reasoning is powered by vegetable oil grin
Lol
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 12, 2020
udemzyudex:

Hmmmm,I don't just like it when someone solemly rely on one person to do things.

The world have so relied on China and this is the effect,the annoying thing is that China and WHO lied to the world.

Well all I know is that the world will never remain the same after this.

God blessed China with rare earth material, that's the luck they have.

China is a strong country and won't be invaded easily as the West do to African countries to steal their natural resources.

Democratic Republic of the Congo supposed to be the richest country in the world because of their large natural resources but today they are one of the poorest in the world because other countries steal their natural resources, countries from the West, China and some African countries are involved in the stealing.

Rwanda is one of the thieves because they had soldiers occupying some part of DRC.
Rwanda used their stolen money well.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by grandstar(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2020
Sufisunni:
It's dangerous for the world for China to be the only major manufacturer. People are trying to spread their manufacturing across different countries, so that when there is problem in one county, the supply chain will continue without much disruption. Just imagine, someone losing 10 billion dollars within two new months!

I like your answer. It's qualitative and rich and not one lacking substance.

My worry is that the Japanese government should not be sponsoring the exodus. That leaves very bad tastes.

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2020
koladata:
china doesn't use facebook, whatsap and google. They don't even use anything other than things produced in china, so why should any other country deal with them.
it's because the Chinese knew the USA better than many USA asslickers.
When you use these apps of USA,be very sure your privacy isn't guaranteed a
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Neoteny7: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2020
gimakon:

Relax. There is Japan now. And even Taiwan and HK. Those don't have experience china has right? grin

Not on the scale of china.

And hardly anyone deals with Taiwan for fear of Chinese backlash.

And Japan is suffering from an aged population.

Face it, china is going to be around for a long time yet
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2020
Chekwume16:
Do you really know world economy in calling Japan an ant? Mind you china's economy has only been fuelled by western companies moving production there because of cheap labour. If that is reversed then it will be the end of China. That is the reason China has been running about providing aids in order to restore relations. Try to understand world politics pls.
where will they move their companies?
To India?
To where exactly?
Indians will work one month and go dance for two weeks
The pussy west got nothing on the dragon
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 12, 2020
Realtizzy:

What you dont know is that those phones(likes of Tecno Infinix Redmi nd others are not used in china. The likely phone they use that we see here is Huewei and it has its operating system

China still depend on Android very much even though they have their own OS, was it not Huawei that was banned from using android and later the ban was lifted?

South Korea(Samsung) have their own OS but still depend on Android.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

They will certainly be billed and we all deduct from what ever we are owing them ..me sha I know America won't pay them that 1.9trillion they owe Dem again

On what ground would America not pay them what they owe them... Baba, don't play with such things o!

$1.9 Trillion ain't no small money.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2020
Neoteny7:

Not on the scale of china.

And hardly anyone deals with Taiwan for fear of Chinese backlash.

And Japan is suffering from an aged population.

Face it, china is going to be around for a long time yet

Chinese backlash you say!
Japan after WW2 belongs to the US, same with South Korea.
Taiwan is battling Independence, has never been part of Chinese communist country laws whatsoever.
Same with HK, I don't need to tell you how far, you watch news.
China borrows money from World Bank, where is the HQ of world bank, my map points to Washington DC.
So I ask you where is the backlash coming from? China is left with Africa and Macao to start again..
Hahahahahah grin
You don't even know what's going on.

3 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by GamalNasser: 8:56am On Apr 12, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

On what ground would America not pay them what they owe them... Baba, don't play with such things o!

$1.9 Trillion ain't no small money.

Okay let's watch oooo
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalanders pls come to my aid, havn't eaten since friday, my eyes are turning me pls. No more work jxt struggling alone, pls i'm an orphan i just need to take sth even if itz #500 God will reward u pls..

Access bank.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by SIRTee15: 8:57am On Apr 12, 2020
grandstar:
Is this right or wrong? I can't yet say but my instinct says it's wrong. The Japanese government should not give handouts for companies to leave China.

China would appreciate any country that stands with it in this time of calamity. Japan seems to have blatantly done the opposite as though taking the gloves off when there was no need to wear them in the first place.

Yes, China's land grabs has soured relations with Japan but that's another issue altogether. The true belligerent is China's head of state who has a conservative no nensense alienate-your-neighbours attitude to things.

I suspect once he's gone, China will return to its peaceful-rise policy which the present head has thrown out through the window.

First, Xi Jinping isn't going anywhere....
He's made himself emperor for life.....
The rest of the world had better get use to seeing him.....
And he's pursuing an aggressive China rise and expansion.....

Second, it's dangerous for the world's value supply chain to be concentrated in the hands of China.....
Not even because of better technology advancement but cheaper labour....

Over dependence on China for supplies worsened the COVID-19 containment......

Other countries won't understand their stupidity until they involved in a war.....

Third, African countries should get their act together for once and build and ecosystem that can attract foreign manufacturing......
Nigeria should lead the way and stop being giant of africa for nothing....

5 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by persius555(m): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2020
vioment:
Japan is not Nigeria.
I don't care what they do.

Nigeria could've/can been/be the manufacturer of the world.

China has the infrastructure and discipline to survive all these hate.

I am not a Chinese apologist but I don't like a lazy man's hate. This is a case of bushmeat wey catch the hunter. All these buyers and sellers were looking for slaves to do their hard work, until they figured that China is not a slave nation like Nigeria, they have and always have a plan.

If that loud mouth for Yankee gets his way, every Nigerian and African will be on the plantation or else, and if China have their way, they will expand their country to the whole of Africa.

None of them stand with us. We have to move in our own way with sense. You piss any of them off, they can delete enough of us. After all we are the almajiris and pity me people of the world.

Let us know our level. We are in nursery school while the serious ones are the nysc graduates.

Find a way to benefit from their hate against each other. We need light. Light is like an engine in a car, without it, that car can't move no Mata how good looking the car is.

The only thing China has to offer is cheap labour and poor quality brands.

There's no such thing as made in China but assembled in China. Most components in your phone especially chipsets are designed in other countries but assembled and coupled in China.

Sometimes, components are imported from over seven countries before ending up in Chinese plants.

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by osuofia2(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
Make thunder strike your family. Ogun kill you. Goat! What is my business stepping out of Nigeria? Slave kill you there! America is a glorified shithole even donkeys should reject living in such a place. Western europe are shit dump. Everybody living in europe is a donkey and less than human. Smelling and stinky europe. Bastard a fool like you!
My problem with ur type be say after this crap you type you end up sleeping daily @d American embassy looking for their visa. The Chinese you are ass licking can you work in their companies here? Paying peanut and enslaving their workers. Going by your comment I know you are a top notched zombie and probably a head slammer.
Correct me if I am wrong at the bolded.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Brightminds: 9:09am On Apr 12, 2020
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2020
gimakon:

It's funny. All I see is a weak country called china especially when slammed several upcoming bans in future.
With exit of Taiwan and HK, I wonder where your superpower china is going.
Hong Kong does most of the technology china has. Those serious Catterpilars are exported from Taiwan. China is left with only Macau to build again.
That's why I am laughing. Na vex trump go use give most of these nations independence now especially Taiwan. grin

OK, but to be truthful, Chinese are doing great now and is very powerful.

Japan discovered large rare earth material somewhere close to Japan but may international water.
The rare earth material is under the ocean and they don't have the technology to mine it now, same with Canada.

That Japan's rare earth material can serve the world for 500yrs.
No one will depend on China again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of The Presidential Race / Matenneh Kromah, A Soldier Wears Hijab On Duty In Liberia (pic) / Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Medics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.