Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2091 Views)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
karo93:

As i said the existence of spirits isnt up for debate... people that have experienced the supernatural cannot deny it. Those that havent will always try and prove to disprove with logic.

Religion should always seek to make everyone experience spiritual and supernatural things. The failure in that is the reason for the rise in atheism these days.
People who have taken cocaine+weed+tramadol have also experienced such things.
But you don't get it.
You think there are living things that are more intelligent than humans.
But that's ridiculous and impossible.
Self-transformation doesn't expose you to real living things.
It only involves something similar to what drug addicts experience.
And that's why you find it hard to stop doing stuff that takes you to some other level.
You're actually addicted to such things.

1 Like

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

But you don't get it.
And that's why you find it hard to stop doing stuff that takes you to some other level.

One single evidence that God exists!

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Billions throughout man's history have studied several religious book, fabricated different theories about God and formed various applications to prove that God exists!

But none has succeeded in gathering people from different races under one umbrella for Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faith, Mildness and Self-control! Galatians 5:22-23

So if you're finding it difficult to agree that there is a God somewhere, calm down to study the Jehovah's Witnesses. The group name has given you the clue to what the Organization stands for!

They are WITNESSES (PROOF) of the existence of God. If you're backing on the credulous ideologies of this faithless Churchgoers, you'll continue to develop headache out of your own selfish cravings to solve your problems while disguising as if you have empathy for others! cheesy
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jokerman:
Clowns....

Christianity isn't a religion

LoL! What is it then?
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Jokerman(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
LordReed:

LoL! What is it then?

Christianity is living your life Jesus Christ lived his.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jokerman:

What does that mean? Do you walk about and never use vehicles? Do you have disciples that follow you about? Do you preach and pray all day long and don't go to work or school?

2 Likes

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by ThinkFreely: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Because I have never seen a virgin give birth to a baby.

2 Likes

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by ThinkFreely: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
karo93:
The atheist position is only easy when you havent experienced supernatural things. At that point its easy to say the world as we see it is all there is......but after experiencing supernatural things saying that is just self deceit.. cos you already know there is more.

The remaining arguments will now be;
Is any religion actually right or are they all wrong?
Does God care or does he not?
Is he interested or is the world on autopilot?
Does he have an agenda or is this all a freestyle?
Is there even just one supreme being or are there many .... maybe holding elections or overthrowing eachother?
The problem hereis that there are lot of challenges and bounty monies to be won since early 20th century if you can proof that supernatural power exist. No one has been able to win those monies.

I think some of the supernatural stories we hear are made up, others experience sleep paralysis and the rest unconsciously tend to attach anything that happens to them to a supernatural being.

Some people are quick to tag anything thing that happens to them as being paranormal. A lot f these guys are religous people. For example, a religious person who got healed from coronavirus will say it’s god because he or she lacks the understanding of immunology.

A religious person who experienced sleep paralysis will say a demon tried killing him or her. He doesn’t understand neuroscience.

A religous person thinks covid19 is from a supernatural being as a form of punishment. He or she doesn’t understand epidemiology.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by junnyjake(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
Dantedasz:

Guilt and fear and indoctrination are the most powerful weapons religion uses to keep its adherents in chains.
This simple but powerful video animation explains it very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg

An interesting video that is. Darkmatter delivers everytime. Such an humorous mofo!! cheesy
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by karo93: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
LordReed:

Buddhism is an example of religious atheism, they do not believe in any deities but practice rituals, prayers and meditation. There are atheists who believe there are supernatural beings but those beings are not gods.

You asked me to state with sources did you provide any for yours?

Available on request..... but i dont think thats necessary as we r both saying the same thing.

Sources are only important if we start disagreeing on what the facts are.

By your statement an atheist can believe in a supernatura being and just ignore it..while a religious person believes in the same supernatural being and chooses to worship it and beg it for give aways....

1 Like

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
karo93:

Available on request..... but i dont think thats necessary as we r both saying the same thing.

Sources are only important if we start disagreeing on what the facts are.

By your statement an atheist can believe in a supernatura being and just ignore it..while a religious person believes in the same supernatural being and chooses to worship it and beg it for give aways....

Then why did you say this:

Atheism in its pure form is a disbelief in the existence of a supreme being, supernatural deities ranging as far a disbelief in the supernatural.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by karo93: 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
LordReed:

Then why did you say this:

Atheism in its pure form is a disbelief in the existence of a supreme being, supernatural deities ranging as far a disbelief in the supernatural.

Its a range.....it ranges from disbelief in anything supernatural to belief in some cases
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by mmsen: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anybody who has asked more than 2 questions about any religion will come to know that they are all bullcrap.

1 Like

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
karo93:

Its a range.....it ranges from disbelief in anything supernatural to belief in some cases

But your statement does not capture that fact.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by karo93: 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
LordReed:

But your statement does not capture that fact.

Ok. Noted
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Usorohtheman(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jokerman:
Clowns....

Christianity isn't a religion
You're confusing me
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by omoowhe: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Jokerman:

This is rather worse than depressing....
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
junnyjake:
In this part of the world where religion (especially the foreign ones) controls our outlook on life and how we relate to the world, it's somewhat an anomaly when one takes a bold step to dissociate himself from the religion practiced by their families and the society they were born into.

Despite the deriding and sometimes in more severe cases - ostracization from a social group - you still hooked onto your dis-beliefs and had to stay true to yourself. There're strong enough reasons informing on your decision, I'm interested in hearing them. Mine would be in the comment section below.

Religion from the very beginning is anti-God, and anti-christ.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
HellVictorinho:

But you don't get it.

Please stop spewing trash all over the place!

1 Like

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by IMAliyu(m): 12:05am On Jun 24, 2020
"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him." Friedrich Nietzsche
Metaphorically off course.
This was to imply that since the scientific enlightenment, people have been answering questions that used to be the domain of religion/the church (such as finding out the origin of the universe, cause of diseases, origin of life, how reality works etc.) and this very action was suppose to eliminate the possibility of God.
So basically people don't get satisfactory answers from their religion and religious leaders and so they look outside for those answers and more times than not the answers they get outside are more satisfying and leads one renounce their former beliefs.

Though as much as my posts may sound like it I haven't and don't plan on renouncing my faith interesting enough.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Gandollaar(f): 2:46am On Jun 24, 2020
karo93:

As i said the existence of spirits isnt up for debate... people that have experienced the supernatural cannot deny it. Those that havent will always try and prove to disprove with logic.

Religion should always seek to make everyone experience spiritual and supernatural things. The failure in that is the reason for the rise in atheism these days.
The organized religions killed spirituality.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2020
IMAliyu:

Though as much as my posts may sound like it I haven't and don't plan on renouncing my faith interesting enough.

Most of us who did didn't plan on it. Mine happened while I was at work.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by junnyjake(m): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Gandollaar:
The organized religions killed spirituality.

Absolutely!!

Once spirituality becomes institutionalized, it's severely weakened.

1 Like

Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by junnyjake(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2020
IMAliyu:
"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him." Friedrich Nietzsche
Metaphorically off course.
This was to imply that since the scientific enlightenment, people have been answering questions that used to be the domain of religion/the church (such as finding out the origin of the universe, cause of diseases, origin of life, how reality works etc.) and this very action was suppose to eliminate the possibility of God.
So basically people don't get satisfactory answers from their religion and religious leaders and so they look outside for those answers and more times than not the answers they get outside are more satisfying and leads one renounce their former beliefs.

No one plans it.

You've taken a peek into the rabbit hole, there's no going back or else you're interested in fighting against yourself.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by IMAliyu(m): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2020
junnyjake:

No one plans it.

You've taken a peek into the rabbit hole, there's no going back or else you're interested in fighting against yourself.
Continuing practicing religion is pretty much my choice at this point.
I don't buy the story of divinity and I accept the evolutionary and psychology origin of religion. I trust science and philosophy more than someone's superstition.
As for the question of God I'm agnostic on the matter. So, yes I'm already inside the rabbit hole and I see nothing but the existential nihilism and I've chosen a self contradictory path.
So I haven't renounced and still don't plan to, I continue practicing given its does not cause self harm or harm to others. Even if I will never return to the safety of my former delusional ignorance.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by IMAliyu(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
LordReed:

^
I know no one can plan the disillusionment.
But my current state was explained in the reply above.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
IMAliyu:

^
I know no one can plan the disillusionment.
But my current state was explained in the reply above.

I know. I wasn't disillusioned, in fact I was ebulliently praising god, looking forward to the challenges of the day.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by junnyjake(m): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
IMAliyu:

Continuing practicing religion is pretty much my choice at this point.
I don't buy the story of divinity and I accept the evolutionary and psychology origin of religion. I trust science and philosophy more than someone's superstition.
As for the question of God I'm agnostic on the matter. So, yes I'm already inside the rabbit hole and I see nothing but the existential nihilism and I've chosen a self contradictory path.
So I haven't renounced and still don't plan to, I continue practicing given its does not cause self harm or harm to others. Even if I will never return to the safety of my former delusional ignorance.

Oh, I get you better now. Deliberately being self contradictory path.

Even though I consider punishment, I, once in a while still subject myself to the torture a church service provides just to maintain certain optics.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by mmsen: 3:10am On Jun 25, 2020
If you follow the actions of most Nigerians you will find that the majority do not adhere to any of the rules of credes set by their respective religions. Besides being seen in the communal noise making halls once a week they do nothing to suggest that they are members of their respective religious sects.

Which would suggest to them that most don't really believe in the nonsense that they espouse. They say that they do because they think that it makes them look good in the eyes of their peers.
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jun 25, 2020
mmsen:
If you follow the actions of most Nigerians you will find that the majority do not adhere to any of the rules of credes set by their respective religions. Besides being seen in the communal noise making halls once a week they do nothing to suggest that they are members of their respective religious sects.

[b]Which would suggest to them that most don't really believe in the nonsense that they espouse. [/b]They say that they do because they think that it makes them look good in the eyes of their peers.
I agree!
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please stop spewing trash all over the place!
Stop practising spiritual nonsense!!!!!!!
It's an exercise in futility!!!!
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
LordReed:

"Being religious" enters your head by chance or/and leaves your head by chance.
Spirituality is baseless.
But some people have used several tools for self transformation towards occultic practices such as the consumption of faeces or/and blood .
Re: You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Stop practising spiritual nonsense!!!!!!!
It's an exercise in futility!!!!
I don't practice spiritual nonsense... I am a human being and everything that is me connects to me through my human mind!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Trinity / Holy Spirit / Is God Imaginary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.