Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA (90713 Views)

Japa: Federal Government Urges Universities To Produce More Doctors / Resident Doctors Issue 14-day Ultimatum To Enugu Govt To Employ More Doctors / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by DexterousOne(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
enemyofprogress:
it is still better than staying behind in Nigeria

I agree with you
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Mastakija(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom
hmmmm....poor thing

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by humilitypays(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
castiello:
You mumu o they pay 3500 monthly in the USA agreed do you know that a manageable apartment in the USA is around 1700 monthly, can you spend 600k as a doctor in Nigeria as accommodation monthly, they will pay tax utility transport what’s left? Next time think before you blow out you ignorance

an average apartment in Houston starts from $1100 per month, utilities like heater, gas, electricity is around $160 for more than 1 occupant in the apartment, stop listening to hearsay.

Compare that rent to what people pay in highbrow areas in Nigeria like Lekki, Asokoro, CBD suburbs, Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA, etc. Some pay NGN1,500,000 a year, divide it by 12. They also pay estate levies, security levies, buy water, etc.

No matter what, you can never compare a nurse earning $3500 a month in US excluding her overtime with a nurse earning NGN70,000 in Nigeria. At the end of the year, the American nurse will have more savings and personal investments than the one in Nigeria, so what's your justification

If you pay a Nigerian nurse a starting salary of NGN250,000 then she is at par with the American nurse when you consider the living cost you mentioned.

But you cannot compare a nurse earning $3500 monthly in the US excluding overtime with a nurse earning NGN100,000 in Nigeria today, don't be fooled

8 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom
Otu nne gi as an Igbo man u be

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Jelzin2412(m): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
sarutobi:

When they say Nigerian doctors, they mean the highly trained with decades of experience NOT doctor that just finished school yesterday.

Actually it includes all cadre of Doctors at various levels of clinical experience including newly graduated Doctors...Infact, junior Doctors are more williing to migrate than their senior colleagues.
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by googi: 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Honestly, I think all workers including doctors, nurses, community health officers, and comunity workers should be well treated. Every worker wants to be adequately rewarded.

It all boils down to how much each of us wants from the same pie. What do those that allocated outrageous salaries to politicians base it on?

Productivities, needs, skills or unreliable natural resources income which price is dictated by buyers. We all blame everything on infrastructure but we refused to pay or train our engineers on these infrastructure since after Independence. We prefer to employ journeymen from overseas and call them experts in order to launder money.

So doctors, engineers, lawyers, iron workers, accountants, politicians etc lock horns on who should get more money from the same pie.

Nigeria will never develop if we compare our third world economy with USA and Britain, never with salaries in China, Russia, Sweden or Cuba.

Why are we training for USA or Britain when China, India, Russia or Cuba train for local needs?

Each of these countries have produced Nobel laureates in Sciences, what has our country produced?

2 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Abyima(m): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Egugun. I don dey go ooooooo. cool
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

Your useless life in 3 pictures

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by patosky3310(m): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
What goes around comes around. Was Trump not the one chasing immigrants? Now he wants foreign nationals to help fight COVID-19 in his country.

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by kendrick9(m): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
Yanmiriflathead:
[/s]
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Mastakija(m): 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
psychologist:
When US President Donald Trump built a fence between USA and Mexico, it was meant to block Mexican from entering US, as we speak, strange and unprecedented things have happened in this period of Corona Virus, the government of Mexico is doing everything possible to stop US citizens from entering their country.

What goes around comes around, US citizens are destroying their own fence to enter Mexico due to increasing Covid-19 infections.

USA has more than 489,000 cases of Covid-19 while Mexico has less than 3,500 cases. US citizens are running away from their homes to be refugees in Mexico, this is a lesson, even a rich person can borrow a needle from a poor person.

Don't despise your fellow being because of where you are today.
The table can turn.

When God bless you financially, don't build walls but expand your tables to accommodate the poor. Position is not possession.

Don't be mean because nobody knows what the future holds.

I need you, you need me . Be safe, stay home.
COVID-19 is real
very sound
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Smartwave: 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Dreamers, Human being make up a country:- if Nigeria is worthless, it simple mean you are worthless. But yet Igbo's still draw fund from federal government purse right? then they must be the same as Nigeria. They still do business inside the Zoo They must be stupid more than animals. They are still living even in the worst zone of northeast? They're foolishness must be so high.

2 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
angry

Same US issuing out bans to everyone including our hardworking professionals now posted on their embassy website for Nigeria Doctors to apply

Chinese gave Nigerians 15 highly trained Doctors for free, cargo Plane load of face mask, 50 ventilators drugs, and reliefs packages, US and Trump extracted their people from Nigeria, banned Nigerians legitimate immigrant , almost ruined Airpeace's Allen Onyeama and now they want our Doctors, pouching and toasting them

What was US response during Africa and Nigeria's Ebola crisis? they refused giving us an experimental drug.. When Boko haram killed hundreds daily what did US do? they refuse weapon sales to Jonathan because we rejected Gay and Lesbianism.

PayPal and Ebay refused registering Hard working Nigerians, Now Alibaba and AliExpress from China registers us and many youth can now trade and do mini importation without being termed Yahoo, infact if not for chinko phones many wont access internet yet they want to use propaganda to make us reject 5G network

Now they are calling our Doctors to their early death, since their racist ones wont work, luring us back to deadly slavery

[/s]
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by missCAPS: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
donbachi:
Na like dis..play play play play,herbal medicine take get ground..small time native doctors go dey carry out surgery in nigeria...but GOD no go gree.
Lol
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Mastakija(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
Covidodo:
Where are the Yorubas don't travel crew . grin
Even Northerners dey travel pass them .
Yeye people

Cc : Herdsmen
wetin this one dey talk
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Emmatee1816(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
waynejesus:
We don't even know where Nigeria is going to our own doctor self no dey enough for us..

Please anyone with Samsung 8 up for sale within lagos urgently
what do you mean by 'Samsung 8'?
Samsung s8 or Samsung note8?......be specific pls
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Covidodo: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
Mastakija:
wetin this one dey talk
Ask your father
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by ba7man(m): 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
You see as China dey rubbish una??
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by DexterousOne(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
castiello:
You mumu o they pay 3500 monthly in the USA agreed do you know that a manageable apartment in the USA is around 1700 monthly, can you spend 600k as a doctor in Nigeria as accommodation monthly, they will pay tax utility transport what’s left? Next time think before you blow out you ignorance

How much can one save in Nigeria after all his Bill's have been paid

Assuming you are making 250k per month net
That's N3m annually right?
How much is rent in a good area
Unless you want to live a sub human shitty life, which typical of most unfortunate Nigerians in Nigeria, there is no way you can live in a good place and not pay AT LEAST N1M as house rent

How about fuelling your car and your generator plus Nepa bill? - That will cost you another at least 500k (I spent 30-40 grand monthly fuelling generator alone)
Add generator servicing to it

Let's talk about the "Black tax" you have to pay
Many of us pay it in heavy doses
Then food and sustainance and clothing nko?

Children school fees nko?

That's why many in Nigeria are fantastic criminals

Having to live on what they make alone will not go anywhere

My point is

Despite the bills abroad
If you know what you're doing
You will still be better off out there than in Nigeria

Period
No amount of empty boasting or pseudo patriotism or carrying shoulders changes the obvious

Nogeria is a failed country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Lewisalexander(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

I'm not an igbo man, but I support you on this
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by gnykelly(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
guys I'm a doctor of music...how can I apply
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Jelzin2412(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
salford1:

The Irony of it all.

A member of parliament in North America or developed country earns a total sum of circa $180k per year or even less. I won't be suprised if a Nigerian senator or HOR earns around $1m a year.

Those senators earn a lil above N44M/month that's way more than $1M per year.
My question is this; What exactly do they contribute to the country to earn up to 10% of that amount?

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Trump built fence to block Mexicans from entering US? What a dumb statement. [s]
psychologist:
When US President Donald Trump built a fence between USA and Mexico, it was meant to block Mexican from entering US, as we speak, strange and unprecedented things have happened in this period of Corona Virus, the government of Mexico is doing everything possible to stop US citizens from entering their country.

What goes around comes around, US citizens are destroying their own fence to enter Mexico due to increasing Covid-19 infections.

USA has more than 489,000 cases of Covid-19 while Mexico has less than 3,500 cases. US citizens are running away from their homes to be refugees in Mexico, this is a lesson, even a rich person can borrow a needle from a poor person.

Don't despise your fellow being because of where you are today.
The table can turn.

When God bless you financially, don't build walls but expand your tables to accommodate the poor. Position is not possession.

Don't be mean because nobody knows what the future holds.

I need you, you need me . Be safe, stay home.
COVID-19 is real
[/s]
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Mastakija(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Covidodo:

Ask your father
A fool speaks foolishly na isaih 32:6 talk am...
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Xkale1234(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Bleep you and ur leader idiot get out of this country
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by enemyofprogress: 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jelzin2412:

Oh my God!!! grin grin grin grin grin
This wan weak me oo
no How no how, them go still need more mortuary attendants and coffin makers there. This is my time to relocate to the US. Covid 19 I thank you o

2 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by enemyofprogress: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

How much can one save in Nigeria after all his Bill's have been paid

Assuming you are making 250k per month net
That's N3m annually right?
How much is rent in a good area
Unless you want to live a sub human shitty life, which typical of most unfortunate Nigerians in Nigeria, there is no way you can live in a good place and not pay AT LEAST N1M as house rent

How about fuelling your car and your generator plus Nepa bill? - That will cost you another at least 500k (I spent 30-40 grand monthly fuelling generator alone)
Add generator servicing to it

Let's talk about the "Black tax" you have to pay
Many of us pay it in heavy doses
Then food and sustainance and clothing nko?

Children school fees nko?

That's why many in Nigeria are fantastic criminals

Having to live on what they make alone will not go anywhere

My point is

Despite the bills abroad
If you know what you're doing
You will still be better off out there than in Nigeria

Period
No amount of empty boasting or pseudo patriotism or carrying shoulders changes the obvious

Nogeria is a failed country
God bless you
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Shekochild: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

Nobody beg you to be a Nigeria... Oga stop spilling shit here.
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Correcto: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Anyone tired on the country should leave. Tactically threatening the country is childish, any doctor who wants to travel know what to do.
Islie:
....9m Nigerians left in last 5 years

......Number higher than previous years

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/more-doctors-to-leave-nigeria-as-covid-19-gets-worse-in-usa.html

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by fadar095(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
there' are 2 things from here
1. I can't believe the government of US can ever seek help from poor countries like Nigeria..... This is warning to everybody both young and old, "you can't know all" US believe they are best country, the champion and the leader of the universe
morale lesson: Don't always see yourself as the superior
2. Nigeria Doctor traveling and looking for greener pastures....... I couldn't blame any of them, how much do we budget for education and health in Nigeria
Our government keep showing us trillions of naira they spent on security...... let them put the money on education, the number of hoodlums will reduce, you don't expect someone who have a good educational standard will never disturb the peace of the community

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Covidodo: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Mastakija:
A fool speaks foolishly na isaih 32:6 talk am...
So your father is a fool. Okay
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by tolexy007(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
itsme01:
angry

Same US issuing out bans to everyone including our hardworking professionals now posted on their embassy website for Nigeria Doctors to apply

Chinese gave Nigerians 15 highly trained Doctors for free, cargo Plane load of face mask, 50 ventilators drugs, and reliefs packages, US and Trump extracted their people from Nigeria, banned Nigerians legitimate immigrant , almost ruined Airpeace's Allen Onyeama and now they want our Doctors, pouching and toasting them

What was US response during Africa and Nigeria's Ebola crisis? they refused giving us an experimental drug.. When Boko haram killed hundreds daily what did US do? they refuse weapon sales to Jonathan because we rejected Gay and Lesbianism.

PayPal and Ebay refused registering Hard working Nigerians, Now Alibaba and AliExpress from China registers us and many youth can now trade and do mini importation without being termed Yahoo, infact if not for chinko phones many wont access internet yet they want to use propaganda to make us reject 5G network

Now they are calling our Doctors to their early deaths, since their racist ones wont work, luring us back to deadly slavery

is not by force

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: People Are Celebrating Birthdays, Having Fun In Quarantine(Photos) / What Is The Cause Of Waist Pain / Renua, Femi Giwa-Amu’s Daughter Commits Suicide After Rape Accusations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.