Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79403 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by grandstar(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.

You're so correct. There are brown roofs everywhere, too many brown roofs.

That's why there's no Igbo man living in Ibadan. They won't be caught dead living in a brown roof. You will never see an Igbo man living in a face me I face you.

Yeye dey smell.

Many Igbos here call it home. They speak Yoruba fluently and many marry Yoruba girls. They are Igbo on the outside but Yoruba on the inside.

We're all one. Stop all this bragging and contemptuous talk. Onitsha is nice and kudos to you. Let others praise it and not you (Proverbs 27:2)

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

See the mess called Ibadan and how you people miscreants are suffering

Ibadan is almost the same size as Anambra and it is more developed than Entire Igbo Land, go to Ibadan and see many of your people that are economic refugee in Ibadan grin

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by grandstar(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

Ok if you think that this is 50yrs ago pictures, now show us this same place as at today.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Many of the owners of these structures are happy with it the way they are. Even if they had money to re-roof it, that won't be their prime priority. The tenants are okay with them.

Igbos live in these brown roofs, many of them. Igbos are found aplenty in ghettos in the brown roof lands. Go to Ajegunle or Alausa and you'll see them in large numbers, going about their daily lives, trying to improve their prospects in life. Many make it, many don't. We live as One. That is what counts.

Kingodart

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Salamson111: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2020
See finishing, chai abeg no vex

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'[/quote]
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Honeydenz(f): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Jidivent:
I believe this average living Igbo's think Ibadan is the capital of yoruba land and as akwa is the capital of Igbo land hmmmmm fools,

Let the war begins and you guys should stop making mouth that igbo land is better than yoruba land, I understand that one of the most troubled tribe in Nigeria is Igbo,

Come to think of it the problem you Igbo's have is just the out come of the Biafra war, come to the north and see things, I have been living in yoruba land since 20 years ago, I make money here though there is no part of Nigeria i have not travel to, if you all average living Igbo's knows you guys have infrastructures, clean residential areas and clean streets, then go back home and start life in your land and not selling car parts, cloths, farm tools, foods, insecticide etc at road side in south west state, go back home to your pple and live there, the problem is you guys are proud with mouth, and you are just dump in brain the fact is just that your parents don't even own a bag of cement nor a tire of keke, not to talk of a plot of land, to build and all you can do is to come here and make mouth bunch of fools,

When a city is developing you expound the city not that you destroy one street for new once, old street in a town is for reference sake, some buildings and streets are attached to cultures, which you can't demolish because you want to build a new one, you open up some land space and sell them out for builders thats how city expound,

You are talking of Ibadan can you compare houses in bodija, eleyele, oluyole, ikolaba, idishin, elebu, ashi, bashorun, felele, ring road, ologuneru, among others to that of houses in mopo, Bere, oritamefa, Muslim, among others

You guys should just keep quiet and try to accommodate other tribes as yorubas usually do, no tribe can be accommodating like then , not Igbo's, not Hausa, not tiv, Idoma, bendens, igbira, kanuri, among others

So please make una take it the way it is and stop all this aggressive tribal distinguish of a thing.

Thanks

Quote me make all spell in the Bible fall on you
Did I hear you say Yorubas are accommodating? That's April fool.
I school in lagos from primary till tertiary level so I can tell you how they treat people better without bias.

Yes, Yoruba people are very brainy and intelligent people, when it comes to education u can't compete with them but it ends there. Nepotism is their second name. From hospitality, empathy, friendliness towards a non indigene is ZERO. Your saving grace is when you eventually grow to be able to speak the Yoruba language, any less than this, you are on your own in all aspects.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2020
PHIPEX:
Nothing is wrong. Europeans came to Africa for economic reasons and ended up colonizing us. Asia are doing same today so are Igbos.

The main thing is most of the Igbo in South West are Gala hawkers and wheel Barrows pushers while Yoruba remain the richest grin

I wonder who is colonilizing who

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by NwaAnambra(m): 9:48am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

You don't get it. Lol

Show us the residential areas in Ibadan. Where ordinary people live in Ibadan

He won't try it. If they had that number of high rise buildings like we have in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Aba and Abakaliki, they would have used their media to market it to everyone. You won't know what you have in the East until you visit states outside of the South East.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by PopeFlatino(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2020
Na just bad roads Dey kill us for here...I dey Ahiazu Mbaise now
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

Ok if you think that this is 50yrs ago pictures, now show us this same place as at today.

These are the same pictures as at today

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

You just dey laugh for nothing. Show us where ordinary people live in Ibadan. Simple something lol

The pictures I showed you were pictures of where people lives
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Kinematics: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Bragging with pH where her citizens are nearly beggars.

Oga slums full pH...stop arguing nonsense and tell that to people who no Sabi road.

No I for brag with your Onitsha village.
Empty chest beaters. Remain in your village. If your village is so good why run to another man's place?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2020
Honeydenz:

Did I hear you say Yorubas are accommodating? That's April fool.
I school in lagos from primary till tertiary level so I can tell you how they treat people better without bias.

Yes, Yoruba people are very brainy and intelligent people, when it comes to education u can't compete with them but it ends there. Nepotism is their second name. From hospitality, empathy, friendliness towards a non indigene is ZERO. Your saving grace is when you eventually grow to be able to speak the Yoruba language, any less than this, you are on your own in all aspects.

You live in Yoruba Land and you claim we are not accommodating, why can't you go back to where ever you crawl out from to live with people that are more accommodating lol cheesy
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2020
Kinematics:

No I for brag with your Onitsha village.
Empty chest beaters. Remain in your village. If your village is so good why run to another man's place?

All these beggars forming Behind online...I tire ooo

City of slums.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Salamson111: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2020
The brown roof building you are shouting, were previously civilized communities as that time demand. Can you show us some of the places your ancestors dwell? Those buildings were what attracted your people to the SW in the past. Stop cursing the hand that fed u.

Lol you are extremely dull my friend , you measured development by landmass, now is population ? Will you say Nigeria is more developed than south Africa cause Nigeria is 4 times more populated than south Africa?

Ibadan is 3 times more populated than Onitsha , 80% of the houses in Ibadan are brown roofs while 80% of houses in Onitsha are brand new houses , so if 20% of the developed part of Ibadan is equal to the size of Onitsha does that mean Ibadan with 80% mud brown roof houses and 20% new houses is more developed than Onitsha with 80% new and 20% old houses?

You are dull and don't know what development is, development is not measured by landmass and population [/quote]
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Cj4charles(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2020
If u see me call me Onye Igbo maka abum Onye Igbo, Igbo Amaka cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

You don kolo finish. Was there a time there was mass demolition in Ibadan? If any show us

You are the one with mental disorder, disappointed and pained that Ibadan is not what you are trying to paint it to be

Deal with the brown roofs in your region first

Even one of your governor and Chimamanda Adichie posed with brown roofs pictures and shanties but you claimed there is no single brown roof in South East.

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

Don't you understand English language. I said show us where ordinary people live in Ibadan. I dey wait

I have showed you several pictures of where ordinary people lives

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nextdoor84(m): 10:26am On Apr 13, 2020
Jack500:

In ur mind now, u are making sense abi, inafct u are worse than daft, it is a senseless ful like u that drag Ibadan and lagos to the debate, u are guys really suffer from inferiority complex. It is a shame.

You are a compound idiot! Got no time for a nonentity like you today. Bring it on some other time. NEXT!!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2020
Chef2OOO:

You just dey run up and down lol

Chimamanda was in her native community of ABBA in Anambra. That community has better buildings than Ibadan, if you doubt me show us where ordinary people live in Ibadan lol

Pictures: Ibadan

You are really a comedian grin

I thought you said there is no single brown roof in South East but one of your governor and your famous writer posed with brown roofs and shanties.

Chimamanda was in her native community that have better buildings than Ibadan but all I saw in the pictures were shanties grin

I have showed you several pictures of residential area where ordinary people lives in Ibadan but you keep asking shamelessly lol

Abi how many mansions can you see in the pictures below?

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by ChinoElects: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2020
KingOdart:

ou are really a comedian ; thought you said there is no single brown roof in South East but one of your governor and your famous writer posed with brown roofs and shanties. Chimamanda was in her native community that have better buildings than Ibadan but all I saw in the pictures were shanties grin
I have showed you several pictures of residential area where ordinary people lives in Ibadan but you keep asking shamelessly lol

Abi how many mansions can you see in the pictures below?

Oh you wanna compare the native home town of Chimamanda with Ibadan? Very shameful lol

I asked again who lives in these same homes in Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nanyanuel(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Josephobaz1985:
I have an Igbo tenant in Benin. He is from onistcha. He does not live in this estate. In fact he is from a village in onistcha . He has 7 children who are all out of school . So please the tribal war is not necessary. There are poor people in all tribes in Nigeria as well as very few rich people in all tribes. There are fine estates as well as slums in onistcha and Ibadan and Benin and Sbuja and in all parts of Nigeria. In fact all of you hyping Igbo land on nairaland are poor people non of you can afford this estate. Those who own this estate are not arguing on nairaland
Nail on the head guy. Drops hammer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.