Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79179 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AmericanQuarter: 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

top running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave. However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city. The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful! f it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future that yours you lived in small enclave Onitcha?

I have told you to stop embarrassing yourself here. Ibadan is 100% slum, igbos don't live in slum. Igbos are not in SW but Lagos which is the former FCT. Get informed.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by jimyjames(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Stop running away from the main thread! You can't even compare yourself with Lagos. In population alone, Lagos city alone is times five of Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos than that your small enclave. However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos?

Lol you are extremely dull my friend , you measured development by landmass, now is population ? Will you say Nigeria is more developed than south Africa cause Nigeria is 4 times more populated than south Africa?

Ibadan is 3 times more populated than Onitsha , 80% of the houses in Ibadan are brown roofs while 80% of houses in Onitsha are brand new houses , so if 20% of the developed part of Ibadan is equal to the size of Onitsha does that mean Ibadan with 80% mud brown roof houses and 20% new houses is more developed than Onitsha with 80% new and 20% old houses?

You are dull and don't know what development is, development is not measured by landmass and population

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
nijabazaar:

Excessively blued the sky grin

The SW and Photosynthesis and photoshop

grin grin grin
Oboy you want me to vomit this sweet food my wife cooked

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by XANDERBOY85: 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
igbos are funny. In Nigeria seems only Lagos has got skyscrapers. You think bungalows and duplexes mean anything?

You’re missing the point...either deliberately or innocuously!

Bungalows and duplexes, when viewed in isolation from the bigger picture, may not mean much to a casual observer. But when placed in the proper context, like i did in the post you quoted, then one can begin to appreciate the effort and can-do spirit of the people that built their cities and towns based mainly on their singular effort and hard graft!

The presence of skycrapers in a city is largely determined by its place in the political-economy of a country, and also the leeway given to its inhabitants and administration to control its own affairs without first seeking approval from some faraway ‘lords’ and oligarchs who want to hold them down and who see the entire country as their property and war booty!

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

Stop embarrassing yorubas here, there is no single slum in Onitsha.

Ibadan is almost 100% slum with exclusion of their government house and few buildings

This is what you see when you view Ibadan from top. Ibadan is almost 100% covered with mud houses and rustic brown roofs.

You can see how much you are embarrassing yourself here. Can you read and research ? I gave you international UN reference to support my quote, but instead of you to come out with superior argument based on international reference. Only map and picture you are searching instead.

You are intellectually low in IQ. I thought I was talking to an educated individual, I didn't know I was talking to Slippers seller in 3x3 shop who will later combine with drug peddling. Sorry, I can't be too low to reply you again, bring the most educated in your community to come and face me maybe he will get IQ you are missing

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'
You are Dumbo not to know Onitsha metropolis doesn't end in Onitsha, most of the pictures there are Nkwelle in Oyi Local Government, Onitsha sub.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AmericanQuarter: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You can see how much you are embarrassing yourself here. Can you read and research ? I gave you international UN reference to support my quote, but instead of you to come out with superior argument based on international reference. Only map and picture you are searching instead. ou are intellectually low in IQ. I thought I was talking to an educated individual, I didn't know I was talking to Slippers seller in 3x3 shop who will later combine with drug peddling. Sorry, I can't be too low to reply you again, bring the most educated in your community to come and face me maybe he will get IQ you are missing

See pain lol
It will pay you to discontinue embarrassing yourself here. Ibadan is 100% slum. You can go on and cry for is.

22 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You can see how much you are embarrassing yourself here. Can you read and research ? I gave you international UN reference to support my quote, but instead of you to come out with superior argument based on international reference. Only map and picture you are searching instead.

You are intellectually low in IQ. I thought I was talking to an educated individual, I didn't know I was talking to Slippers seller in 3x3 shop who will later combine with drug peddling. Sorry, I can't be too low to reply you again, bring the most educated in your community to come and face me maybe he will get IQ you are missing

That how you guys keep embarrassing this rubbish city Ibadan, instead of you to view and go hatred no gree you comot eyes, I guess you are from this slum area where people doesnt think

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

I have told you to stop embarrassing yourself here. Ibadan is 100% slum, igbos don't live in slum. Igbos are not in SW but Lagos which the former FCT. Get informed.

Who is embarrassing who here between you and I? You are quoting blindly without referencing the source first. I quoted your Igbo brother @nextdoor84 who said he is living and raising his children in Ibadan for better tomorrow? You quoted me blindly that Igbo are not in SW except in Lagos without reading from what I quoted first? Believe me, you are 3D-embarassment! Your Igbo brothers are all over south west selling gala, selling clothes and shoes. While some are doing illegal businesses like baby factories, drug peddling and kidnapping. However, some are busy fighting for the post of 'eze'-in Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

See pain lol
It will pay you to discontinue embarrassing yourself here. Ibadan is 100% slum. You can go on and cry for is.

You are even going too far. You are talking about 2003 event when you already have 2016 WHO record that has taken over and identified 'Onitsha' as most polluted city (slum), read from here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3102772/onitsha-ranked-most-polluted-city

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are Dumbo not to know Onitsha metropolis doesn't end in Onitsha, most of the pictures there are Nkwelle in Oyi Local Government, Onitsha sub.

Rubbish talk! What is landmass of entire Anambra state compare to Oyo state? Onitcha metropolis compare to Ibadan metropolis? Does it hide the fact that Onitcha metropolis is too small and not up to a local government in Ibadan?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Rubbish talk! What is landmass of entire Anambra state compare to Oyo state? Onitcha metropolis compare to Ibadan metropolis? Does it hide the fact that Onitcha metropolis is too small and not up to a local government in Ibadan?
Otondo only Ibadan is backwardly developed other areas are still jungle for human ritual hunters
Anambra is generally developed, and second most densely populated state in Nigeria.
No slum in Anambra

12 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by junketer(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

dude, again, it's neither the size nor the population of a place that determines how developed it is. Stop being stupid.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Area4Area: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Residents are holed up in their homes waiting for the next state government directive
Another 14 days from tomorrow
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Area4Area: 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'
I guess you're new here, this landmass thing had been discussed and settled here years back.

Your landmass for Ibadan is actually Ibadanland and not the built up part of the city while the the landmass you used for Onitsha is just the old part of the sprawling city which is actually the smallest compared to other parts of the city today.

It's like limiting the landmass of Lagos to Surulere, Yaba, Oyingbo, Iddo, Lagos Island only because that's the older part of the city and leaving other parts of Lagos as what if I may ask?

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by seanwilliam(m): 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Igbo and inferiority complex ehn... I no no who una one impress with this grin continue

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by marrok: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Stop Being Broke Learn How To Make Easy Money During This Lockdown

Do you have a smartphone? Are you a student, a driver, a trader, or even jobless and want to make atleast 20k weekly without much stress? All you need is a smartphone with internet connection, to participate in this opportunity.

Can you spend 10mins daily online and you can be making at least 20k weekly from your smartphone.

If you’re tired of being broke just like I was when I came across this amazing opportunity then text my WhatsApp number( 08162432537) so I can give you the link to the WhatsApp Group

I’m going to teach you how to make atleast 20k weekly for free

Please don’t hit me up if you’re not ready to stop brokeness

Limited Offers Available
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by adadike(f): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
All those shouting ' enclave, enclave,' should shut that gutter they call a mouth and crawl back to their holes without toilet. Stop being jealous of ndigbo, the feat they achieve today is extraordinary. They have a particular spirit guiding them. This spirit is found in every household. It is called 'ikenga spirit'. Ikenga is the supreme deity of wealth and riches. Now quit the jealousy and join them coz you can never beat them.
Obere, small boy with big God, na so you go wear bathroom slippers, put on short, carry Nokia 3310 fone, but with 49000 dollars in a polythene bag. My Igbo brothers Biko, don't give me fish, pls teach me how to catch fish. Respect to you all

22 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by adadike(f): 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA, dalu nwanem o. Foto gi a, amaka si

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nextdoor84(m): 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Stop running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave.

However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city.

The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful!

If it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future than what you lived in small enclave Onitcha before running down to Ibadan to secure future for your children?

Face the facts aburo! I am from Rivers state not even Onitsha! So keep and shove your analysis up your ass.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by horsepower102: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I think Mbaise and Owerri people too are doing well in housing.

I was wowed with the kind of massive well furnished houses I saw the last time I visited Imo State .

The entire south east states are growing so fast .

This is Owerri for those who dont know the revolution going on in the East. We igbos criticize ourselves the most but it helps to bring out the best in us. No place like home. Aku ruo uno is the cry of this generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYgbk2WvmeQ

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
mrvitalis:

I'm from mbaise when I saw mbsise on Google Earth I was shocked , ...it was almost like a city ...now I know why lands are expensive .....

Owerri expansion is scary to me even ....the rate at which it's spreading us too fast

Nwannem m na'ekele gi......

grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .

Nwannem m na'ekele gi......

Abum onye ahiazu

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Barbilius: 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.
And that's exactly why we don't want your arses in ibadan again. Please tell ABC, pmt, etc to stop coming to ibadan please.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Stop running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave.

However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city.

The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful!

If it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future than what you lived in small enclave Onitcha before running down to Ibadan to secure future for your children?

Nobody is responsible for your poverty. Ibadan is simply brown roof republic.

Show me your brown roof please.

Thanks in advance.

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by smokeyupu(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wao

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine .
Brown roofs everywhere .
abeg no shake table
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Ewedegubbler: 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls

so why are u guys not making that money in your southwest and why are you still dwelling in brown roof shack?

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by tydi(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.

No blame them, na the dust from all those onitsha to Lagos traveling buses and cars dey paint them brown.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by uuzba(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin
What do you people gain by instigating quarrel and argument?
Ordinary picture, we cannot look again?
Can you not walk past dry ground pepper without blowing breeze on it again?
People that cannot allow pepper to rest

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by OdefaGirl(f): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=Shellsploit post=88357045][/quote]

Nairalanders....lol grin grin grin grin, you want to kill him ni....wharisdis grin grin
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by osuofia2(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
No brown roofs,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.